Yeah @maddymappo I don’t know if the subs got it right or not.  Yes to the mom not being there at the Police station with JaeHoon and Daniel was?  :blink:

YH is HH’s son - he pretty much confirmed it when his mom asked if he was going out with anyone and then brought up the topic of grandchildren.  
spacer.png

spacer.png

And just for completion’s sake, BR’s mom

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:30 AM, 1ouise said:

The subtitles here don't tell us the whole story either.

"Murder of Guryeong family ... Fire in the Guryeong residential area ... Tragedy of a family caught in fire"

We didn't see it, but Jae-hoon's family members died in a fire.

It could be that Predator was seeking "an eye for an eye" when he set the trainer on fire.

Wait...are those 2 separate incidences?  The murder of a family.  And then a separate fire in another household which killed a family?  So unconnected?  Or are they one and the same?  If they are unconnected, then JH’s step family was killed but the fire was some other household in the area.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah @maddymappo I don’t know if the subs got it right or not.  Yes to the mom not being there at the Police station with JaeHoon and Daniel was

Daniel wasnt there that day 

It was his imagination after reading the file of the family murder  he imaging jae  hoon leaving the police  station  laughing  as he suspected after reading the file that jae  did it since he know he has the psychopath  gene 

But it was only his imagination  and thinking ( the hairstyle  and the clothes  he had  are the same when he read the file in the present  day ) 

25 minutes ago, nrllee said:
On 3/12/2021 at 7:30 PM, 1ouise said:

The subtitles here don't tell us the whole story either.

"Murder of Guryeong family ... Fire in the Guryeong residential area ... Tragedy of a family caught in fire"

We didn't see it, but Jae-hoon's family members died in a fire.

It could be that Predator was seeking "an eye for an eye" when he set the trainer on fire.

Wait...are those 2 separate incidences?  The murder of a family.  And then a separate fire in another household which killed a family?  So unconnected?  Or are they one and the same?  If they are unconnected, then JH’s step family was killed but the fire was some other household in the area

I didn't  think about that :thumbsup: all the respect  - wow 

I know they played  with news and scenes of different  ages grown kids with abnormal  behavior  I even though they trick us to think they all the same kid when they were different  kids who had the pscho DNA from different  ages

But it didn't  cross my mind that the family killed news can also be for two different  families  - that possibly  as much I see they playing  with us about the past information  and flashback  

Br said he get the money after his family death , getting  killed in fire as it can rule as accident  get him a huge insurance money   

I still believe  that the reporter  is the same girl that HS use and tried to bury  in the past and she probably the detective daughter, HS was happy  reading they find her remind  in news but that can be another trick information  from  the drama and the news talk about another body he also killed, or that her father faked  the test  of the body  that was found  that it his daughter  to protect  her , as long as HS  a live  even if in prison she will be danger  and more then her life-  the danger  if he talk and said what he made her do  .then she will be haunted  by it all her life 

HS hated  the detective  enough  to not stop trying to destroy  him, it was personal  between  them that why he take the girl and didnt just kill her 

Ah this drama drive me crazy it only 4 of 20  episodes  I know that it will be more  clear after 2 to 3 another episodes  but I cant stop thinking about it build  theories 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Its been a while since I posted something on the site.. but this series made me come back.. :D

tragic as it maybe, with two prominent supporting actors already gone..  I think it was vital to the story to make viewers make more assumptions than the obvious.. 

its too easy to point fingers on the doctor YoHan.. and as someone already mentioned here, its too clumsy of him to leave pictures of dead people on the open - even if the door is locked, people can just bang the door open if they have to.. 

psychopaths are known to be calculative and meticulous in behaviour..  so for him to just lay all those clues in the open is just too easy.. showing his face while he dumps a bag of something in the river doesn't mean that he's the killer either .. or maybe he is and the writers are just trolling us.. 

I am guessing that there is another psychopath killer.. as he taunted detective Go Mu-Chi before that he's not responsible for one of those dead people... is it Jung Ba-Reum though :crazy: - I don't think so.. but we won't know for sure until we have solid evidence.. 

I have a hunch that it could be the young policeman - Shin Sang - who tags along with GMC all the time.. he tips him off when there's a dead body and he's a presence that's always there but I can't make sense of what he's real role is in the whole picture of things.. 

I have more to say but will wait for the next episodes to chime in..  

love to read everyone's opinion and detective skills.. ttyl all.. :)

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

Officer Shin Sang is also on my list of possible suspects, mainly after the trick he pulled on Kim Joon Sung in order to check whether he was telling the truth or not. We did see him dead soon after. Some things don't match if we see them thinking either Yo Han or Ba Reum is the killer. 

You see, as I said, in Daniel Lee's murder, there is a very high possibility that Ba Reum didn't do it, since he was in the prison with Mu Chi. As for Yo Han, as I said, his clothes, didn't match with the killer's one because of the missing hood of his hoodie. Which brings in the theory of someone else being the killer. We don't know the whereabouts of Shin Sang here, and the fact that the bill of aborting fetus who have the psychopathic genes did not pass because of him, means he will not just have the role of a side character. He will have more involvement here. 

The other thing that alarmed me was Kim Joon Sung's death. He was Yo Han's alibi, and even though Shin Sung was able to identify it being fake, they still could make sure their statements are the same if they were to be brought in for the interrogation. You see, if Shin Sung is actually the main killer here, he knows who disposed Daniel Lee's body, one of the biggest victim of his. That's why he killed his fake alibi, bringing him inside the mess much more. Once again, the reason I think it could be someone else, is because Ba Reum was in the hospital at that time. Well yeah, he could have sneaked out, but I think Shin Sung could also be the guy who did it. Not to forget he destroyed an evidence too. 

For now, anyone from these guys could be the killer. 2 out of the three are known to have psychopathic gene. One of those 2 is able to blend in quite well, and also acts to be rather stupid. There is still a chance for 2 killers to be out there. For now, there are direct indications towards both Ba Ruem and Yo Han, I'd say the indications toward Ba Reum are more solid. I'd love it if he is the actual killer, since the plot would become quite interesting. 

I am seeing a big death flag over Choi PD's head though. She will certainly not die so early, but she might end up dying in the later episodes. We know she is special for both Yo Han and Mu Chi, and if Yo Han is not the killer, then the killer might kill her to hurt both these guys, and also over the fact that she might get too involved in the case later on and may end up finding some evidence. If Yo Han is the killer, then well, I think she will die after coming to know about it. She does know who Yo Han is, and that is the reason she didn't tell Mu Chi yet about finding HSJ's son. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Some things don't match if we see them thinking either Yo Han or Ba Reum is the killer. 

I agree.  Is he (Officer SS) the only one who knows where he (Kim SoonJung) lives?  Other than YH?  Or does BR and DK have that info too?  BR is on crutches.  He’s not going to be able to kill anyone.  What’s he gonna do?  Hop up to the guy and then stab him with his crutches ?  :lol:  Same with the boy.  How can he possibly kidnap a boy in broad daylight in a place full of people in his crutches?   SS keeps ringing MC every time a murder happens even though the other police guys say not to?  It’s like he wants to hear his thoughts or see his reactions?

Eek.  Now I worry for HongJu.  Hopefully she won’t die.  Body count is already so high...

Grandma was killed by someone else. No cross. So yes at least 2 killers

@nona88

Spoiler

Daniel wasnt there that day 

It was his imagination after reading the file of the family murder  he imaging jae  hoon leaving the police  station  laughing  as he suspected after reading the file that jae  did it since he know he has the psychopath  gene 

I didn’t think of it that way.  You’re probably right that it’s a flashback then. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I agree.  Is he (Officer SS) the only one who knows where he (Kim SoonJung) lives?  Other than YH?  Or does BR and DK have that info too?  BR is on crutches.  He’s not going to be able to kill anyone.  What’s he gonna do?  Hop up to the guy and then stab him with his crutches ?  :lol:  Same with the boy.  How can he possibly kidnap a boy in broad daylight in a place full of people in his crutches?   SS keeps ringing MC every time a murder happens even though the other police guys say not to?  It’s like he wants to hear his thoughts or see his reactions?

Another things which made me suspicious of him later on though, was the fact that evidence being destroyed was reported to the media, but it is still unknown why and how. Mu Chi is the main guy after the killer and even the killer knows about it. He'd want to have him stay away from the case, while also not killing him. Why not kill him? Since Mu Chi must not be meeting his standard of killing, and he wants to strictly stick to it. At the same time, targeting Mu Chi would be too risky since there would be chance of him being arrested, or even be killed (in case he is close to Mu Chi like Shin Sung is, as Mu Chi keeps saying it). 

We know that Choi PD would not pull off a stunt like that over something he did not do when she asked him to. At the same time, the rival detective with whom Mu Chi continuously fights might have done it, but I don't think he would be this unprofessional to do it like this. Which leaves us with Shin Sung, he actively destroyed the case, and then reported it to the media, which make them target the Police for being careless with such an important piece of evidence. Someone would have to take responsibility and it was Mu Chi. He was supposed to be sent to a substation, but then the whole kidnapping of the kid changed things. 

23 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Grandma was killed by someone else. No cross. So yes at least 2 killers

One thing that is common in both the murders is the fact that after killing Grandma, the killer didn't just leave her, he took her small badge (or whatever it is called), which her grand daughter had given her when she was a kid. The serial killer of this drama, has been doing the same. He is taking away the property of the victims and leaving them on the next victims. So if, that badge is found with another victim, we can assume the same guy killed her. 

I just checked out the scenes where they showed the killer watching Mu Chi's interview in his secret room with the photos stuck on the wall, and the one when Yo Han enters his room to check if grandma was there or not. I noticed 2 differences there, firstly the TV is missing there. Now that is not something the killer would carry, set up, and take it back to his living room on daily basis. Also, the photos seem to be kind of different on the wall. If you see the killer's one, they are basically just photos, nothing else (although they didn't show the whole wall, or if they did, I will have to search it again in those episodes, if some one has seen it please tell). But Yo Han's wall is a bit different, it contains notes too if you look carefully. I think those notes could be his analysis of the victims, and the scenes of murder. So I strongly feel like Yo Han is investigating the cases too, maybe because this killer is called "The second Head Hunter" or referred to directly being the new head hunter. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But Yo Han's wall is a bit different, it contains notes too if you look carefully. I think those notes could be his analysis of the victims, and the scenes of murder. So I strongly feel like Yo Han is investigating the cases too, maybe because this killer is called "The second Head Hunter" or referred to directly being the new head hunter. 

Yup. I think YH is investigating.  His gf is investigating too?  Even the pics of the girl in the bunny jumper is different.  The killer’s pic was blood stained and had a white border.  Girl’s arms were down.  YH’s pic which grandma took?  No border and her hand was in her mouth.  Just like how she was found by Police.  I think YH and his friend were there, saw her and took the pic.  Question is why were they there?  Because his friend froze and stopped packing when they were talking about the greenhouse.   He’s (YH) being framed.  I think he knows it. That’s why he seems to scared. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I think we missing asking some question about Daniel

1.this we didnt miss,  the question  if he fake one or more of the DNA  result ? 

2. The  second  that they mentioned  in ep 1 that he was adopted  and it was his not biology  sister  jenifer  who die , now all that seem just back story but what about him having a real brother  that he was still searching  for back then, making him searching  for missing  brother dont look just random  backstory  to someone  who will be killed in ep 3  so the question who this brother  and  if that brother will have anything  to do with what happening? 

3. And the most important  question  , in ep 1 we saw when Daniel  back to his room he had a simple  of hair  , what was that and why he carrying that around ? 

4. Why HS  send Daniel  a rat  ?? He didn't  betray  him , it was his wife who give the evidence of his crime and he did nothing to her, is that cause he make that test and cause of it his wife kill his child ( like she told him)? Or is HS figure  up that Daniel  really betray  him with something  ( rat  for cowardince , betrayal ) 

5. That bring us to the final  question  why HS  hide the head in his house in the snow man ??? they found nothing  else in the house not even a one trace of other murders  or theirs head so why the family  heads  was in the house if he had time to make snow family  figures  then he had time to go and hide it were he hide others ( they didnt even mention  they found others)  is that was simply an offering  to his family and new unborn  child ? Or did someone  frame  evidence  to make him arrested  ( he sure the killer) ? What if he hide them some where else and ssomeone bring them to the house put them in the snow man to prove the crime on him 

I still think Daniel  has a lot to do with what results  we have here , they killed him early but I was glad they said he still will appear  as flashbacks 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@fluffyloafI totally get your suspicion toward Hong Ju.  I read all your points in that wall of text!  :lol:  I can't reconcile her flippant attitude toward MC, asking the guy out while dating Yo Han.  Feels like she is either in denial or does a good job compartmentalize her life.  Why didn't she show sadness or grief for the boxer yet was very distraught for the mother's suicide?  I don't get her.  My other suspicion is whether she maintains the relationship with Yo Han to sustain her Sherlock show, using him to have a pulse on all the serial killings, or is an accomplice to the killings.  Is she grooming Yo Han? I said before, it would be groundbreaking for Kdrama to have female serial killers. LOL

On 3/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, maddymappo said:

But if Jae Hoon killed his family, his first killing  would not be the boxer's death it would be him murdering his family. 

I am not certain Jae Hoon was the boxer's killer.  Jae Hoon would need to overpower the boxer and tie him to the chair before setting him on fire.  Since JaeHoon was not born when Song Soo Jun was killed, the boxer is definitely older and bigger than him.  Even now, Yo Han is not a muscular person... so it is still hard for me to accept that Jae Hoon was able to subdue the boxer.  Just weird you know.  Plus, Song So Hoo was burned and not knifed.

7 hours ago, maddymappo said:

There is something else that bothers me. .. murkiness about her relationship with the Kim family.  Was she married to Mr. Kim? We see her in the ktichen but was she his wife? Because if the "entire family" was killed, what happened to her? Wasn't she part of the family, the mother? Why wasn't she with Jae Hoon at the police station. Curious. 

There is a possibility that Jae Min and Jae Hee are not Mrs Sung's children but of her ex husband Mr Kim.  I also think Mrs Sung changed Yo Han's name to Jae Hoon when she remarried for her hsb's sake and to integrate Yo Han into the family to help them start a new life.  She took on her ex hsb last name Kim to give them a new life.  Yo Han is probably Jae Hoon's birth name before she remarried.  It helps to explain why Mrs Sung is not shown grieving over the deaths of her ex hsb/ Jae Hee/Jae Min.  The family picture on the wall is only of mother and son, the core family.  I forgot, how did Daniel Lee know where to find Mrs Sung?  He saw Yo Han at the hospital, I can't remember how he got her address.  

I think Jae Hoon/Yo Han somewhat protected Mrs Sung by having the police focused on him as the suspect.  I haven't ruled out the fact that Mrs Sung could have knifed Mr. Kim after an argument. The killer is right handed, the wound is on the right abdomen. We don't know if their relationship is an abusive one or not, she was seen shielded him from his beatings.  We know that she does fear Yo Han; her hands trembled when mentioned Yo Han and she was devastated finding the bloody clothes.  I find it strange that she denied Yo Han's temperament to Daniel Lee, refuting his prediction of the psychopathic gene when she was the woman who choked Jae Hoon denouncing him a monster.  Perhaps she raised him out of fear, out of denial trying to change his temperament, or out of guilt because he removed her from an abusive relationship.  :idk:

@nrlleeThank you for the list of murders!!!! :hooray2:

Here are my jumble thoughts, comment away

• It is impossible to clean up a murder scene spotlessly in 30 min (while BR and the volunteers were at lunch).  No splatter of blood, nada.  Sooooo, the only explanation is CK was lured into the magic box voluntarily before he was killed which means... he knows his killer.  The person also knew where the box was kept, has access to it and understood how to work the trick.  The killer knifed him while he was inside, stripped CK's uniform after and saved it on site along with one finger.  The killer returned after the area was searched to put the finger in the chalice before going up to the roof to position the uniform.  The rain did wash off the uniform but I think the timing is suspicious, was planned to coincide with MC's visit.
  • The coffee stick - like the picture in halmoni's hand - was clutched tightly by the college student.  This is not something planted by the killer, could be the victim's last ditch effort to leave a clue about the perpetrator.  Coffee stick was also found at the site of the dead factory worker.  I think he must have it in hand but dropped when the killer cut off his fingers.  The killings were at night?  Who work at night?  Physicians, police officers?
  • Jo Ming Jung, the college student was a trophy display of all the collected items from the victims.  He left the msg on the roof of the greenhouse.  How did it get up there?  Why not leave msg on the ground instead of above hidden behind the leaves?  So once again, we have to look up to find the clues.  
  • Yo Han's room has photographs but no framed picture of the boy in the yellow raincoat.  No trophies or item from the victims.  No TV or computer.  Doesn't feel like a killer den; Yo Han doesn't fit the usual killer profile.
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@fluffyloafI totally get your suspicion toward Hong Ju.  I read all your points in that wall of text!  :lol:  I can't reconcile her flippant attitude toward MC, asking the guy out while dating Yo Han.  Feels like she is either in denial or does a good job compartmentalize her life.  Why didn't she show sadness or grief for the boxer yet was very distraught for the mother's suicide?  I don't get her.  My other suspicion is whether she maintains the relationship with Yo Han to sustain her Sherlock show, using him to have a pulse on all the serial killings, or is an accomplice to the killings.  Is she grooming Yo Han? I said before, it would be groundbreaking for Kdrama to have female serial killers. LOL

Well, I think she must have asked Mu Chi out before dating Yo Han. I think Mu Chi's reaction and him thinking about it explains a lot, he knew he missed the chance and she is seeing someone else. Also, I think her reaction to the boxer, and mother's reaction is different, because the murder happened, it was not something they could stop or happened because of them, but the suicide of mother happened due to their inability to catch the killer. That's why I think she reacted that way. 

Her relationship with Yo Han could have started because she wanted to study or rather understand him, and either ended up falling for him or is just continuing her study over him masking it as dating. As much as I love to see a female serial killer, the reason I don't think she could be the killer is the fact that Mu Chi concluded that the killer's feet were big. Seeing her height I don't really think she would have that big feet. Also I feel like she is not even the accomplice, would be great if she is, but I think this killer is the lone wolf, and does not like others meddle in his work. He sees himself as a predator, and I don't think he would want to share his glory with anyone. 

16 minutes ago, bedifferent said:
  • Yo Han's room has photographs but no framed picture of the boy in the yellow raincoat.  No trophies or item from the victims.  No TV or computer.  Doesn't feel like a killer den; Yo Han doesn't fit the usual killer profile.

Exactly, I had the same observation in my previous post. He even has notes posted beside the pics, which means he must be investigating things on his own. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Her relationship with Yo Han could have started because she wanted to study or rather understand him, and either ended up falling for him or is just continuing her study over him masking it as dating. As much as I love to see a female serial killer, the reason I don't think she could be the killer is the fact that Mu Chi concluded that the killer's feet were big. Seeing her height I don't really think she would have that big feet. Also I feel like she is not even the accomplice, would be great if she is, but I think this killer is the lone wolf, and does not like others meddle in his work. He sees himself as a predator, and I don't think he would want to share his glory with anyone. 

Points taken.  I still don't understand how she can witness a murder and date the son of HH (unless she doesn't know who Yo Han is).  She is just odd to be in a relationship knowing her BF's father is on death row.  If they have shown Yo Han to be a lovable person, I can understand the attraction.  

We haven't consider whether the murder that she witnessed as a young girl is not done by Head Hunter.  It's a tragic event but do we know for sure that HH killed Song Soo Jun? Did he admit to the killing?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

32 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

We haven't consider whether the murder that she witnessed as a young girl is not done by Head Hunter.  It's a tragic event but do we know for sure that HH killed Song Soo Jun? Did he admit to the killing?

We'll get to see more of it later on I believe. Not too sure if she is the accomplice of that murder (like her work was to lure the victims, and killer would kill), or she just happened to do it at that time, I will have to re-check the episode. But she sure does not show any trauma right now, which might be because she as a kid went under therapy and forgot it all. I am sure the writer will shed the light on this one. What if, she is the daughter of the killer who is about to be free, the other guy who Mu Chi wants to kill? 

32 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Points taken.  I still don't understand how she can witness a murder and date the son of HH (unless she doesn't know who Yo Han is).  She is just odd to be in a relationship knowing her BF's father is on death row.  If they have shown Yo Han to be a lovable person, I can understand the attraction.  

As for murder as I said, there is a high chance that she either forgot it, or is suffering from the trauma, but we are yet to see it happen. But well, I think when she met him and interacted more with him, she realized that he could be different from his father. Well, we should not forget she is a PD, and there could be a chance that she is all this studying him while also suspecting him. One thing is sure that she does not want Mu Chi to know about him yet. 

For now, just like Yo Han, in my opinion she is like a Joker Card. She can be anything, an accomplice who lures the victim like she did before, another killer, or just a normal reporter and PD wanting to solve this case more than anyone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

I forgot, how did Daniel Lee know where to find Mrs Sung?  He saw Yo Han at the hospital, I can't remember how he got her address.  

That had me stumped too.  Until @nona88 highlighted to me that when he looked at JaeHoon walking away outside the Police Station, he was imagining him (JH).  When I went to watch it again sure enough JH was in B&W whilst Daniel was in color.  So he didn’t “see” him because by that time, he was already grown up YoHan.  The scene straight after this scene when he was looking through the files of JaeHoon was one where he went to see Mrs Sung.  This is another reason why it makes sense that JaeHoon is YoHan.  He would’ve picked up her address from the police file probably?  A forwarding address.

I think Jae Hoon/Yo Han somewhat protected Mrs Sung by having the police focused on him as the suspect.  I haven't ruled out the fact that Mrs Sung could have knifed Mr. Kim after an argument. The killer is right handed, the wound is on the right abdomen.

wound was on the left abdomen.  So if killer was standing on stairs facing the dad, he would be right handed.  Dad fell backwards and landed head down the stairs.

spacer.png

This stumps me though.  Although I know a lot of left handed children are ambidextrous.  When we first see JH at school, he was holding a crayon/pencil in his right hand? 
spacer.png

YoHan is definitely left handed.  When he used the scalpel and when he wrote on the notepad for MC.  I don’t know if JH’s drawing hand was just an “oops” moment in production or deliberate.  Because when he pulled out the knife from his stepdad, he used his left hand.  :lol:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

@carolinedl explained it and I agree with her.  The only thing I wanted to add is that she was sent out by Grandma to buy Makgeolli (a drink) that night when she was attacked.  That’s why her grandma stopped drinking since that night.  She blamed herself for sending BY out. 

Yes, this whole story make sme quite sad actually because the grandmother feels so guilty and BY so angry. Plus, becaus ethe last words she told her grandmother was that it was her fault, she also feels guilty... All this guilt added to the stigma of being raped (still very strong in SK), BY is one brave girl... I liked how they showed that she tries to regain agency through boxing. I hope her boxing skills will play a role in the story.

I do believe JH is not the son of the man he kills(/harms?). He had two kids of his own, one being the honest younger brother and the other being the autistic girl (her speech pattern and having no filter makes me believe she is), and hence the man accepted the son because the mother would take care of his kids too, one of which was autistic. Stigma again... mentally or physically disabled individuals are not so easily accepted in SK, especially then, so the girl must have been seen as a burden. In this sense, it did not matter if the man knew she was married to HH before, because he also 'brought in' stigma so to speak.

And we have a BTS!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

@nrllee you are right, i mean left abdomen to show that he is right handed.  Thanks.  Jae Hoon is ambidextrous then. :D

What do you think is the reason for Daniel Lee trying to contact Yo Han?  He met with his mother but didn’t really say anything of importance. Meeting son of killer late at night is not the smartest but why would Yo Han kill him blindly before knowing the purpose of the meeting?   If he wanted to kill, he would wait to talk to him first.  Yo Han doesn’t look like an erratic emotional person.  It doesn’t add up.

@carolinedl  I agree.  Mrs Sung remarried to get a new identity for herself and Yo Han, more likely than to maintain financial stability.  HH was wealthy, she is well off in the present, suggesting she was able to retain a lot of his assets.  I think she wanted a fatherly figure for Yo Han and most importantly, someone to help her raise a boy linked with the feared gene.  She “settled” for Mr Kim who is a single parent tagged with his social stigma, probably one of the people who would accept her past.

@Sleepy Owl If you do rewatch, can you please check the timing cuz I believe we have several flashbacks, some 5 years ago, some 10 yrs? Unthinkable that the killer left a witness alive.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, nrllee said:

wound was on the left abdomen.  So if killer was standing on stairs facing the dad, he would be right handed.  Dad fell backwards and landed head down the stairs.

We have to take all the sides of the stories 

If jae  hoon didn't  kill the father or the family  then he found the father on the stairs  he take the knife  and go upstairs  searching  for who did it or trying to protect  his sibling  

Or he saw who did it 

If we can look all the choices beside Jae  hoon being the one who killed his family then let take a note of ever suspect  

What if the step father  abused  wasnt only  direct  to jae  hoon ( a man talking about being humiliated after hearing what his step son did more the talking about worry or fear or about the dangers  situation  that he just heard about , that man sure not normal )

So what if he also was hitting the rest member of the family even his kids 

So 

1. Maybe the wife killed him 

2. Maybe he was going to hit the kids and on of them ( step brother  or step sister  stab him with knife  ) and they hid in fear 

3. What if it was someone also a stranger come and kill all the family and when Jae  hoon arrived  they all were death 

As someone  said here before  it not normal that jae hoon stab him from above then get down look and look at him from that side if he only want to look at him he was going to be in the opposite , and he take the knife  out and decide  to upside  again 

Or maybe it was the father  who stap most of them then one of them stap him 

That explains  again why there only three  body's and if Jae hoon not yo han and the mother not the one who was in that house  then we  again know nothing  about who survived  beside  jae hoon 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

44 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@Sleepy Owl If you do rewatch, can you please check the timing cuz I believe we have several flashbacks, some 5 years ago, some 10 yrs? Unthinkable that the killer left a witness alive.

I just checked, and the girl is surely an accomplice. Not too sure if HSJ used her for it, but she surely lured the victim saying "our car is stuck". We can't for sure say she is Choi PD, but there is a high chance that she is. Since among the characters, she and Mu Chi seem to be of the same age. The time this all happened, Yo Han and Ba Reum were yet to be born. 

But, if this girl is not Choi PD, then who actually could she be? Since I don't remember seeing this girl again later in any of the episodes, or maybe I just missed it. 

44 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

What do you think is the reason for Daniel Lee trying to contact Yo Han?  He met with his mother but didn’t really say anything of importance. Meeting son of killer late at night is not the smartest but why would Yo Han kill him blindly before knowing the purpose of the meeting?   If he wanted to kill, he would wait to talk to him first.  Yo Han doesn’t look like an erratic emotional person.

I think Daniel Lee would not want to meet in a secluded place like that with a suspect of being a serial murder. He is more smart than doing this. Which actually makes me wonder if the killer lured both of them there. What makes me curious is the fact that how the killer could do it. I think, the showrunners confused us with the order of the events here. I think the killer killed Daniel Lee first and then called Yo Han to meet him. I am more curious to know what Yo Han and Daniel Lee spoke about in those 3 minutes talk. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

What do you think is the reason for Daniel Lee trying to contact Yo Han?  He met with his mother but didn’t really say anything of importance. Meeting son of killer late at night is not the smartest but why would Yo Han kill him blindly before knowing the purpose of the meeting?   If he wanted to kill, he would wait to talk to him first.  Yo Han doesn’t look like an erratic emotional person.  It doesn’t add up.

Follow up on research?  Which is why I wonder if it was YH he was meeting at the amusement park.  He may have wanted to follow up on all 3 of his research subjects?  YH spoke to him over the phone for over 3 min? Would it take that long to organize a meet up face to face?  And yeah how stupid is he to meet up late at night at a deserted amusement park?  Just asking for it?  Was he killed by one of the other 2 with the gene?  Did he organize for 2 of them to meet him there?  Why would YH need to climb a fence to get in?  I can’t imagine Daniel doing that?  I get the feeling YH was there after the event.  He found the body, then panicked and decided to dump it because it looked bad for him to be found with it.  

• Like 4
  • Blob 1