39 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@nrllee @Sleepy Owl @ferily Hong Ju I think is almost a case opposite of Bong Yi.  Whereas Bong Yi is attempting to deal with victimization and PTSD by empowering herself, Hong Ju compartmentalized her guilt by dissociation.  If she was indeed groomed to help HH (from fear to protect her family), what she did as a child is the key to the many murders that she supposedly used for her Sherlock shows.  This doesn’t land well with me either.  I was surprised that she did not have PTSD.  I don’t like that she convinced herself to maintain the victimized mentality instead of having the courage to disclose whatever she knows to the authorities.  Just like Yo Han, I assume she fears the stigma and fall out repercussions if people know what she did in the past.  I just can’t understand how she can hide her identity from watching her father (Det Park?) losing his composure in the hospital room with Jae Pil.  How can she not feel anything for her father or show some shock/tears when seeing him besides feeling visibly guilty?  Why doesn’t she contact her mother knowing what a devastating effect her death caused?  It doesn’t make sense for me.

I have not watched the episode but perhaps Stockholm syndrome?

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Park is possible killer or accomplice

Why didn't park said to police that the med is for brain effect

Who park calledd Accomplice

How killer know Jo eat med? Unless her doctor?

Edited by Jolie TAN
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@nrllee @Sleepy Owl @ferily Hong Ju I think is almost a case opposite of Bong Yi.  Whereas Bong Yi is attempting to deal with victimization and PTSD by empowering herself, Hong Ju compartmentalized her guilt by dissociation.  If she was indeed groomed to help HH (from fear to protect her family), what she did as a child is the key to the many murders that she supposedly used for her Sherlock shows.  This doesn’t land well with me either.  I was surprised that she did not have PTSD.  I don’t like that she convinced herself to maintain the victimized mentality instead of having the courage to disclose whatever she knows to the authorities.  Just like Yo Han, I assume she fears the stigma and fall out repercussions if people know what she did in the past.  I just can’t understand how she can hide her identity from watching her father (Det Park?) losing his composure in the hospital room with Jae Pil.  How can she not feel anything for her father or show some shock/tears when seeing him besides feeling visibly guilty?  Why doesn’t she contact her mother knowing what a devastating effect her death caused?  It doesn’t make sense for me.

If she was freed after HH’s capture, how did she survive all these years by herself?  She also must be financially capable of putting herself through college?  Did she join an orphanage?  Get adopted? How did she invent herself, with new identity? 

perhaps she got adopted, maybe politician choi adpoted her since the have the same "CHOI"

that's the reason why she send the tape to politician choi, HJ known this person was involved

she may not cry but I see she has her own emotions

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I think the girl who helped HH is doing under some repression.. When he lure the woman (the boxer's sister) the girl seems reluctant and feel guilty. And also when HH asked her to tie the victims in the room. The girl seem terrified.. I believe this girl is Hong Ju..she feels guilty also when she returned the boxing gloves..and after HH got caught, I think she was free but she was afraid to go back home...
She didn't understand the whole story of HH's killing when she was a child..so I think she was not the killer accomplice, only someone that was ordered by HH to do somethings But I am sure she knows quite a lot of secrets..such as HH's experiment

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

She sure is suspicious. But what makes me think otherwise upon her being the killer, is just because she was too devastated and upset over the fact that Yo Han could be the main killer. She did not seem to have forgiven him too. But you never know. This drama, is filled with families of victims who just want to kill the killer (or even the suspect) or psychopaths :joy:

Are we even sure about that 

Dear there always  two meaning  to her words if we see her in new side 

Did she was upset  that he was a series killer  or cause he was trying to stop the true series   killer  ( she maybe upset  he was trying to kill BR and stop what they doing ) 

I am not taking anything as it anymore  since if she involved  with the real killer no matter  who is then she believes  in what he believes  they God; they angry  from the real God for leaving them to face what they faces and for making them monster . That fit well too with HJ case and what what happen  to her  so yeh all the talk in the hospital  can be anger that YH in the end wasnt like them not cause he was a killer  

No trust since yet they doing that on purpose  making a scene and dialogue  that can have muilty meaning for them to continue  it as they like later 

She was twisted  for sure, not just  helping getting the victims, but also helping tied  them, mosty clean the blood after they killed and we cant even  rule out her watching the killing or even helping doing that 

Her hiding her true can be out of guilt that she don't deserves  to back to her family  but it also cause she also can't control  herself  and she trun to be enjoying  those thing's (i said  before  I don't  know what her role will be in the end but sure not the innocent  one since even if she bad or not the fact that she keep hidden  everything  and she ready to fo anything  to hide what she really did will lead to many bad things).

She maybe the one who killed the father( ex detective) from ep 8 we didn't  see the woman do that , they always leave the important  act out of the scene to have muilty suspects:unamused:

12 hours ago, bedifferent said:

If she was freed after HH’s capture, how did she survive all these years by herself?  She also must be financially capable of putting herself through college?  Did she join an orphanage?  Get adopted? How did she invent herself, with new identity? 

I agree she mosty  the case of victims  who trun to be what capture  did to them .

About her survived I wrote a crazy though before about her not being the only one and that there people  who take care of that ( she probably  go to orphanage  at first) 

if it was true HHS show already how powerful  he in and out the prison to more then what we can imagine 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

If BR supposed to feel attracted to HY because he has YH's brains, then well YH wasn't a psychopath!  A psychopath would not have romantic feelings.  And the brain transplant was hinted at.  Not heart transplant so BR shouldn't feel that connection to YH due to YH's brains!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

The text preview  of ep 9 is out 

한서 준을 통해, 1 년 전 사고 당시 충격적인 전말에 대해 듣게 된 바름! 바름은 계 속해서 떠오르는 끔찍한 기억에 고통스러워하고 .. 급기야 주체할 수없는 살인 본능이 폭발하고 마는데!

Okay that dont look good 

From HHS BR know  the shocking true of what happen  one year ago  ( okay they said the shocking  of the accident  from one year ago I am not sure if it mean the surgery  or the hitting accident  itself) 

BR suffering  from the horrible  memories  that still come to him and finally the uncontrollably killing instinct  come out :astonished:

Okay if he lose control  we have two victims  in danger , first the new pet ( please  nooo I had enough  with the bird) and second  the man that targeting BY ( I want him death but not sure if I want BR to lose control  and kill now no matter  what his past was) 

But I vote for the man who target  BY , BR  show losing control  in danger or anger situation twice  till now, I dont think he can hold back anger when BY in danger no Matter  who he was in the past,  right now he really think he like her so touching what belong to him dont set right with psychopath ....

And about the creepy man can we get him killed off or jailed  of by ep 9 I really cant keep seeing him ( really they killed so many till now why keeping  that creepy man) 

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

There are some great theories out there, comments and insights to this drama. That's what makes a good drama. One that has us on our toes and that has us sharing online our thoughts.

I can't help but agree with some of you about Ba reum. Seeing how so very scary good HH was able to hid himself behind a mask, without others seeing besides his victims his psychopathy. Takes me back to beginning episodes when Moo-chi went to see HH and HH said he isnt a killer and that he tell through the eyes. I think some of you are right that when HH was saving Chi Kook, he saw Ba reum true nature, that like he, he is a psychopath. Ba reum is alot more cunning than we thought from day 1. And that fact that Yo Han went after him and tried to kill him with tears running down his face that he knew exactly who Ba reum or what Ba reum was capable of. Yo Han actions slowed down Ba reum now that his memeries are fragmented. And people are wondering throughout the investigations a year ago how was Ba reum able to be a two places at same time. Well I think he has an accomplice (who could the accomplice be? it has to be someone we have already met) just like how HH had with little girl who like other and myself believe is Hong ju (Det. Park's daughter). I think Hong Ju carries alot of shame and guilt for her actions which draws her to adult self catching psychopaths and murders. It is understandable why she could not return to her family. She knows her actions would make her victims to people's strong beliefs of her being just as much a killer as HH. Over years it probably became harder and harder for her to go back and she was able to relate to Yo Han because she believed he was HH's son who is innocent of any crime and victimized. Is Yo Han really HH's son?  A lot of whats unfolding in the drama is pointing to him not being HH's son. Ji-Eun seems to have changed her name and abandon her son. so really question is who is Yo Han. is he the kid that Jae Hoon was trying to get rid of or was that kid Kim Joo Sung who was murdered. There is yet alot unanswered questions.  For instance what happen to the other woman's unborn baby who tooke the psychopath gene test? what happened to her kid? Did Ba reum kill the kid and take his place? When I friest watched ep1 andep2 I thought the Jae Hoon was the other woman's kid as i thought it would be more likely for her to remarry then Ji-Eun, given a distrust from first marriage. But Ji-eun had that memory of strangling Jae Hoon. 

Other thoughts:

- Hong Ju is reacting suspicious of Ba reum.. i think over the year she may have been investigating or realized something was off from Ba reum.

- Definitely evidence that killer collecting is in those plant pots where Ba reum lived. So ya he is psychopath murderer. And maybe is feels acne in heart when he saw Hong Ju could be the he knew she was the accomplice of HH and maybe felt hurt coz she was able to see his dad at work.

-How involved is the President or government. Looks like they are using HH skills as surgeon to do surgeries and why govt. havent carried through with the execution as HH did receive the death penalty. Maybe HH when he was out to perform the surgery found out Yoo Han wasnt his son. and did all her could to save Ba reum. Gov. clearly been doing questionable things that Hong Ju sent those tapes to hold them accountable. She will have to end up revealing HH's kill room and her identity as RickRoll'D gonna hit the fan.

-I feel bad for Bong Yi. Her childhood trauma and terrible experience has made a magnet for bad people/psychopaths. Her vulnerability is there and bad ppl and psychopath can see that and take advantage or find her an easy victim. I'm glad to see though that she trying to overcome her trauma by fighting back but she needs to  take better care of herself and live more safely. I think that is why Ba reum targeted her and decided to marry her in end he might think she will be useful to him just like how HH used Ji-Eun for his purpose.

- OMG! Moo-chi cant go to jail....little does he know he needed outside to catch Ba reum before he starts to remember everything or even start killing again. Moo-chi is truly the only character viewers can put their complete faith in to catch the murderous psychopaths out there and trust him too.

Boy this show is one huge rollercoaster and it ain't half way through yet. There is still, for sure, plenty of stories to tell as we have alot more to uncover: govt.'s involvment? Hong Ju's past including HH's crimes? Bong Yi's past in more detail and her trauma? Ba reum's past as Jae Hoon and how he ended choosing to become a police officer? Ji Eun and what happened in past? Daniel Kim's murder?  The other woman and her kid?  Will Moo Chi end up killing HH? or even Ba reum? the accomplice? and I sure much more...

Its great reading all your thoughts on this drama and sharing mine as well. 

• Like 10
  • Blob 2

The short preview  of ep 9 

We don't understand  anything  but MC really still going to jail for now ( I think he going to be stopped  before  he really go there( 

BR  talking about some deal that was made that saving him was in return  of saving someone from death-row ( did the political  really dare to do deal like this ,with the head hunter  killer  :astonished:, I think the deal is more then saving BR they will have more or HHS has something against  them ) 

Since no matter  what they gain from saving BR  THEY will lose more from letty that man of the death ( maybe just hidden way to save him without public known ) 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

I expect  everything  from this drama now ready to be heartbroken  anytime I even throw the thinking to much logical and falling in the web  of the writer  over and over 

But there one thing I know that can happen  and even so I think it will break my heart more when I saw it, 

If the writer proposes is to make psychopath  feel pain and regret  even if it in drama land and she choice BR as previous  one who after losing his memory  all the memory  that come to him seem like a memory  of someone  also even the good ones 

Then that why the year jump  was, for him to trust the good one and convince  himself  he a good person even when he cant feel the memory  as his and then the bad one come and he suffered to believe  it was him ( since both look like watching two different movies to him  he not really remember  any of them as his but choice  the first and good one) 

Now the question how the writer  going to make him feel regret  and guilt only by facing what he done now that he have feeling ????or by making him too lose what he love 

Here come my fear for BY  the favorite victim to the writer( really spare the girl:unamused:)   , did she plan to get her killed in the end after BR become so close to her to make him feel the feeling  of the victims  family  

Yeh that wild again, I am not taking anything  serious  here but I know that this will really break my heart  if it happen

Edit; are we sure that HJ didnt give birth to her child we didnt see  after she go to the surgery  room she maybe change her mind and the fact that there was one year jump  and they said in ep 8 that she  back to work one month  early  only( so no one probably  have idea about her for the last 11 months ) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 7
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

Edit; are we sure that HJ didnt give birth to her child we didnt see  after she go to the surgery  room she maybe change her mind and the fact that there was one year jump  and they said in ep 8 that she  back to work one month  early  only( so no one probably  have idea about her for the last 11 months ) 

They actually showed her waiting have surgery in the Operation room, saying "sorry my kid" in the 7th episode. So I think that she went for the abortion actually :rubchin: 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

They actually showed her waiting have surgery in the Operation room, saying "sorry my kid" in the 7th episode. So I think that she went for the abortion actually  

That what I mean just show that nothing also about her after that or for one year even the work she back only one month  before she meet BR and MC again so yeh there still a chance she didn't  do the abortion that why she was away for almost a year and just back month ago 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

32 minutes ago, nona88 said:

That what I mean just show that nothing also about her after that or for one year even the work she back only one month  before she meet BR and MC again so yeh there still a chance she didn't  do the abortion that why she was away for almost a year and just back month ago 

Well she was shown to have been administered anesthesia, so I am not too sure if she had the chance to change her mind, but I wonder how much of the story it will change if she actually changed her mind :rubchin:

I think for about 1 year that she was missing, she actually was investigating the whole killer case on her own. I think she found something at Yo Han's house, which made her reconsider him being the killer, maybe.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Shocking, did anyone notice that wyc father is in br house helping when br moving house?

I wonder if dead bodies will be found in br house during redevelop

hsj tie right knot on mouse and surgeon, but lefty?
He intently switched his knot, or he os ambidextrous, and research said they inconsistent handedness has increased in psychopath, therefore hsj who is a psychopath tend to be ambidextrous. This explains whh wyc is lefhanded bht tied right knot because he is psuchopath and ambidextrous

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I was ready to drop out of watching this drama. I am getting old.  Young children and old people should not watch violent and sad dramas.  But I hung in there and dabbled to see how much I could take of the 7th next episode. I am glad I did, because even though I found some of the plot difficult to follow I enjoyed what the writer did with the two injured BR and YH. 

One of my theories which I thought was the most unlikely, was that because we see BR and YH being rolled into the operating rooms side by side, that there could be a soul transfer (this has happened in kdrama land but this particular drama did not seem likely to have a supernatural sudden twist).    But what the writer did was very clever, and I so much enjoyed watching BR regain the "memories" and become a genius.

Of course we are still very much in the dark about Jae Hoon and the death of that family and it does now really seem to appear Jae Hoon was YH - or is he?  We are still in the dark about Ji Eun's relationship to the Kim family.  We see Ji-Eun begging forgiveness for "all my sins'. 

I am completely confused about the knots, left hand versus write hand, the detective who took the blame for the death of the other Detective's little girl.. and even the female reporter Hong Ju confuses me. I think she is the little girl who lured Dr Lee's sister to the car and now it seems she may have partipated in other murders but someone saw a 10 yr old boy in the car?? :crazily:it's enough to make me go crackers! .. cause there's  the old serial murders and the middle serial murders and the present serial murders and the new present serial murders.  

And we don't know why  Dr. Lee had to die or YH' friend.  We don't know who the girl is who steps on the mouse? The girl who helped HSJ kill Dr Lee's sister, is at least 8 years older than YH, so she does't seem old enough to be the one who stepped on the mouse... maybe that was just a random memory.  And Hong Ju didn't seem that much older than YH. 

Also the mouse memory seems to exonerate YH in part  - while he appeared to us as purely sadistic when we first learned about his relationship with the mouse as a little boy, now it looks like he was trying to save it.   So who really was Yh and was he really the older boy Jae Hoon?  We see BR have memories of the little boy in yellow fisherman rain gear and the mouse but we don't have BR flash back yet the Jae Hoon school scene and at home with  the Kims ( or even with Ji-Eun)

Thoughts on Go Mu Chi  - After they lived through the horror of their childhood, Mu Won became a priest, a life of a sacrifice to his religious belief and to helping others. Go Mu Chi is a handsome man yet he also lives like a priest, he is completely dedicated to stopping these mad people from murdering more people even if it means being put behind bars for the rest of his life. He is completely committed to this path.

Spoiler

I was relieved Bong-Yi really didn't kill YH.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1