9 hours ago, springbackyard said:

I have been following the forum since I started watching this show. There’s one part of the story which I don’t really understand and I hope someone could enlighten me. Why  did Hong Ju do that made her feel guilty and was hence afraid to go back to her parents?

Two reasons:

1. Her brother was taken when she was with him, so survivor's guilt.

2. She was used by the Headhunter to lure victims to their deaths so she felt like an accomplice.

Both very bad reasons, but let's not pick at that scab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, springbackyard said:

I have been following the forum since I started watching this show. There’s one part of the story which I don’t really understand and I hope someone could enlighten me. Why  did Hong Ju do that made her feel guilty and was hence afraid to go back to her parents?

The reasons she vocalized to her parents :
1) She left her young brother as she was scared. (her brother later got killed by HH)
2) She assisted HH by luring boxer's sister away from main road.

She said she doesn't deserve to be happy due to above so she did not go back to her parents.

{Unconvincing reasons as :
(1) She left her brother in hiding to get help for both of them. If she didn't do so, both of them would be found and killed by HH. It was a risk she had to take then.
(2) She was a young child kidnapped and threatened by HH.

Scab#2 : Still don't understand why HH worked with a young girl for this crime. Uncharacteristic of predators}

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, pixiebelle said:

1) She left her young brother as she was scared. (her brother later got killed by HH)
2) She assisted HH by luring boxer's sister away from main road.

She said she doesn't deserve to be happy due to above so she did not go back to her parents.

{Unconvincing reasons as :
(1) She left her brother in hiding to get help for both of them. If she didn't do so, both of them would be found and killed by HH. It was a risk she had to take then.
(2) She was a young child kidnapped and threatened by HH.

Scab#2 : Still don't understand why HH worked with a young girl for this crime. Uncharacteristic of predators}

He was a sadistic arrogant psychopath serial killer who wanted to lure more female and family preys for his experiments by lowering their guard after seeing a helpless little girl on the road and possibly grooming HJ into his next successor beside BR after teaching her his torture mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, mystic62 said:

He was a sadistic arrogant psychopath serial killer who wanted to lure more female and family preys for his experiments by lowering their guard after seeing a helpless little girl on the road and possibly grooming HJ into his next successor beside BR after teaching her his torture mechanics.

None of the other predators in this series needed help to lure victims.
Tie-knot predator murdered enough females without any help.

Predators think they have superior genes and are more concerned about getting a spouse and reproduce predator-junior. HJ is of no value to HH (may be of value to writer as a forced thread to weave in some plot).

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, pixiebelle said:

Predators think they have superior genes and are more concerned about getting a spouse and reproduce predator-junior. HJ is of no value to HH (may be of value to writer as a forced thread to weave in some plot).

I would have to agree.  She’s a child.  She’s a loose cannon.  A liability.  She could freak out and decide not to cooperate?  She would have to be fed and clothed all that time.  Serial killers work alone.  HH stalked his other victims fine without her help.  Why did he need her down the track except to get her to hold the camera.  But honestly couldn’t he just set it up on a tripod?  :lol:.  The writer had to include her somehow and therefore shoehorned her story in just to add to the melodrama (and of course to confuse viewers).

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

23 minutes ago, pixiebelle said:

In my opinion HH did not need any help and he could do it alone, but predators like to have fun. May be it was like a game to him. 

But it was writer's fault that didn't explain it in the drama. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, pixiebelle said:

When MC was prepping the live show, he told his superiors how serial killers can become conceited after a few kills and end up getting caught for making a silly mistake.

I think that was exactly what happened to HH. He kidnapped the children with no intentions of killing them. His primary motive was to provoke the detective who declared on national TV that he'll catch HH. Using HJ as an accomplice was his way of getting back at the detective. 

The other ridiculous mistake imo was hiding the heads in the snowman. If temperatures rose overnight, the snowman would've melted and exposed the heads.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Mouse, 마우스
  • 1 month later...
On 7/28/2021 at 12:31 PM, xiang_JJY said:

I watched this drama and i really love this kind of genre.. detective, crimes, suspense, psycho, thirller and horror with action :)

I like this genre too but somehow this one made me stop half-way....perhaps I have to rewatch again.

• 6 months later...