I am trying to avoid all spoilers for episode 20 ahah! So I will not be reading this forums for awhile... Waiting for the raw to be uploaded on Viki so I can watch it! I keep refreshing every so often haha

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

44 minutes ago, Mahsa Monem said:

I watched the ending episode live. Because I couldn't wait for the sub. I can not stop crying whenever I think of Bareum's fate.

I think the ending was perfect.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes and it was so heartbreaking.

Aww darn, I knew it wouldn't be happy for BR:tears:.

• Sad 1
  • Blob 1

@Mahsa Monem

Similar with you, I couldn't wait for the subtitle..so I decided to watch it with streaming 

My final thought of this drama
1. This drama is not perfect, but definitely one of memorable drama for me. We got the roller coaster, from the beginning til the ending. And this drama reminds me why I lovvveee so much with K-Drama, because it gives more in depth to the feeling and that's why connected with us more.. Even this is thriller genre but Mouse gives our heart racing and at the same time invested with the feeling of the characters

2. The ending is perfect and satisfying for me..Thank God they give us almost 2 hours in one episode for settle everything...I also like that they give us more screen time on settle the personal matters than to view more of chasing the Oz people...
We understand that there will be no "happy ending" for the criminal in this genre.. But in Mouse, I think many of the main characters get their happy ending. Det Mo Chi get his soul peacefulness, HJ get to reunite with her family and clean the name of her beloved one, BY doesn't afraid of her past and can continue her life happily...
And for BR, I think he gets the ultimate " happy ending"..He has repent his sin, he has taken the responsibility for his crime, he has got pardon from MC and BY..., he has done something big for his "hyung" MC, and in  the end he knows that God has answered his prayer..he is no longer a Monster, he is a human (He can meet CK without fear in the other world...hiks)..
My tears fall when adult BR and young BR hug in the end...Good bye Jeong Ba Reum......:please:

3.   The drama re-introduce me with LSG.. I knew him from 2005 from 2D1N when I first installed my cable TV and getting hooked with KBS station at that time.. Even I enjoy his songs such as Return, but I never pay much attention for his dramas..And because Mouse, I get to try Vagabond (binge it and enjoy it very much) and also watch others of his works in reality shows.. (I am writing while listening to his song...kekekeke.) Fortunately, he has sooo muuch TV programs so I definitely can release my withdrawal syndrome with watching them. I like more his older version which is more mature and charming (droll....hope you get great woman LSG ssi...I think non celebrity woman will suit you more...)

I also happy to know more on Hee Joon, Jo Hyun, Kwon Hwa Woon and off course Kang Hoon.. This young boy is surely a gem.. the successor of talented young actor just like  Yeo Jin Gu. He is soo cute.... 

Thank you for you all, for all the comment , information and also the predictions. You make me understand more what happen in this drama :fullofhearts:This is a very memorable journey..

Edited by Avocado80
add additional info
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 1

@airgelaal

I think the alternative endig is going to be related to this.

In this version the people voted for aborting the pychopath fetuses but the other one will be about not aborting.

Even though the ending was perfect for Bareum I hope to see a happier one for him in the alternative one (I can not stop crying whenever I think about Bareum's fatr and that beautiful scene in the church).

Does anyone know where was that place Moochi buried Bareum? 

Edited by Mahsa Monem
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

I think this drama was too much in everything, so now I'm exhausted.

Same here.  I just want it to end. :lol:  I feel like I am more relieved that it’s finally all over.  Haven’t watched.  Not sure if I can muster enough motivation to watch it so I might just read spoilers. 

Wait...so they passed the Bill in this ending?  Which means they would abort fetuses who could turn out like YH?  :blink:  How is that a satisfactory ending?  So BR had no agency whatsoever?  Blame God because it’s all his fault for making psychopaths the way they are?  Psychopaths were just doing what they were born to do?  They can’t help it?  Why are people weeping for BR?  What about his victims?  He enjoyed hunting them.  He delighted in killing them in the most heinous ways.  He tortured them and prolonged their deaths so he could get a “high”.   How is that okay?  :expressionless:  I really dislike how this writer has muddied the line between right and wrong.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Avocado80 said:

The drama re-introduce me with LSG.. I knew him from 2005 from 2D1N when I first installed my cable TV and getting hooked with KBS station at that time.. Even I enjoy his songs such as Return, but I never pay much attention for his dramas..And because Mouse, I get to try Vagabond (binge it and enjoy it very much) and also watch others of his works in reality shows.. (I am writing while listening to his song...kekekeke.) Fortunately, he has sooo muuch TV programs so I definitely can release my withdrawal syndrome with watching them. 

Me exactly :)) 

I'm really confused right now. I don't know if I'm satisfied or not. The moment he was with Dong koo in the prison cell I thought yes he is back! but when I found out he's still repenting I was still happy!!! 

The scene with his real mom Ji eun when he said he didn't want to kill Jae min was so heartbreaking. 

But  the starting scene was so bad and I couldn't empathize with him. 

I see the whole OZ thing so unfitted for the series. 

And about the voting.. So the law passed, right? Then people only saw Bareum that had the gene and didn't think about someone like Yo han. It was so cruel. 

I agree it was poorly done, but the idea was very interesting and it made me watch till the end. 

And there's another thing. Lee hee jun and lee seung gi both was very good. I watched some parts of brilliant legacy lately and Seung gi is sooo much better now. Also Lee hee joon is so good and I'm sad that people don't talk about his great acting. He really needs an award

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

I will watch ep20 in about 12hrs time. Sounds like they managed to end it quite properly, better than some other messy kdramas with open endings or unexplained issues.

Errrr...........so no major plot twists ? Hahahaha.......... Humans love surprises, just that many humans do not like to be wrong. Chillax, this is just a kdrama. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Definitely expected that ending with Ba Reum, curious what the alternative ending is though?

It looks like that many of our questions were answered in this episode… Hmm I haven’t watched the episode with subs, only raw, but I feel like the conclusion of the OZ organization was very rushed.

Moo Chi and Bong Yi didn’t really forgive Ba Reum, of course, but it’s nice to see that they are living their own lives and move on. Honestly Ba Reum isn’t forgivable.

Adult Ba Reum talking to young Jae Hoon though. That his prayers got answered and he isn’t a monster… BTW anyone else notice that the 2nd title showing of MOUSE was first bloody but transitioned to a light shining onto MOUSE? Symbolism of Jung Ba Reum transition and journey from being a killer and a monster to becoming someone who isn’t a killer (feeling guilty about his past and died suffering through the pain)

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, airgelaal said:

So they passed the law or am I wrong?

The finale managed to tie up many things for us but it was definitely rushed and information overloaded.  I felt like they had a list of questions they need to answer for the viewers so they just gave 2 min of airtime for each answer! :lol:  The editing was indeed choppy, there was a lot of jumping around piecing together the puzzle pieces.  They did a lot of things fine but some were head scratching moments.

@Sleepy Owlwe did get a version of your kimchi slap via HongJu!!! LOL

Spoiler

Did they really have Hong Ju whacked MooChi head with whatever it was to save BaReum? Really, he’s a detective and she managed to sneak onto him like that...???? That is the most ridiculous thing ever

I have lots to say but little time so will come back.

@airgelaalYes, the citizens passed the law allowing abortion of fetus with the psychopath gene.  Yes, that means if given the chance, the 1% genius kids like YoHan woul still be terminated before they are born.  I hope the special episode will explain more on this.  I assume the drama suggests society is still not ready to take on the challenge of trying to correct these genetic deficits.  It’s easier to just not spend the effort helping people who are born with the aggressive genes. The implication are these kids are too much of a burden for any family to take on.  The two mothers , JiEun and the nurse, could not overcome the stigma and fear.  Bareum’s case show that they could not embrace and change his fate.  We are a long way from solving this social problem.  People still prefer to live in a Utopia with no deficits, imperfection, challenged individual.  It’s a sad and confusing point the drama is making.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 3

I am really uncomfortable of the results of the abortion election.  What it shows is that societies still reject the abnormal and mentally ill people in their world.  What would be satisfying would be enhancing better psychology treatments in the system that could help prevent more monsters like Young Choi to surface.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Just got done with the ending. About where I expected it to be, but curious about tomorrows second ending now.

Though I have a few questions, why would HJ need to go to prison for 3 years? I take it even though she was a child in Korea and she didn't confess to the murders that is why? I guess being US raised, most of the time, young children doing the work for adults would garner sympathy for what occurred. Still being a child and under the control of HH, she shouldn't have been at fault for what happened. 

And that last scene, guess that was the doctor who recorded the procedure eh? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

So, tonight we will have special interview and ending alternative??

I think this ending is most satisfying ending. I could not thing more better ending for the characters..
Eventhough BR died, but he has a very peaceful end...
Although I am dreaming that in the last scene, we can see from the back that BR seat and talk with YH, Det Shin and CK in the beach ..wkwkwkwk..but maybe many viewers will be mad because they think it is not fair...

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Wow, the last OST for episode 20 though! I was subbing the lyrics and I feel like it really speaks about Ba Reum?! This is Mouse OST 4, A Rat In The Trap: 

Hide me so no one can find me 

If you leave it alone, it will change

Even if people avoid me, you hug me

Even if I suffer from unamed wounds

Before it turns even more terrible

Bind me and lock me up

This is a very lonely prison

Like a rat in a trap

Like a rat in a trap

Like a rat in a trap

Like a rat in a trap

Like a rat, rat in the trap

I don't know, maybe there is poison

So leave me and go

It's beautiful even without me. This world goes well

Before it turns even more terrible, bind me and lock me up

This is a very lonely prison

Like a rat in a trap.

Like a rat in a trap.

Like WOW! Doesn't that just speak about Ba Reum? For the full OST, it can be found here

Btw, we don't really hear the OSTs that much in this drama huh? I remember hearing OST 2 during Bong Yi and Ba Reum moment, but I don't remember hearing other ones.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

About Hong-ju's hair length - at the beginning it was longer, after giving birth it became short, then after going prison it became long again. Flashback to the saving Dr Daniel scene was also long. Kudos to the team for getting the details right. But I was wondering, did she film all the long hair scenes first before cutting her hair short? Or was she using hair extensions?

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Question:

How did the father detective know it was Producer HongJu who is his daughter?  She did not admit to being his daughter, only to being forced by Headhunter to luring the young woman and using BaReum to kill other bad people??

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

@mystic62 Like you, I don't quite understand why the drama chose to have the bill passed.  Unless it was to point out that we as society fall short at wanting to recognize the problems, let alone doing the right intervention, even as we saw what Bareum went through. It is a solemn critique. 

The black-op Oz storyline didn't end well for Sec Choi.  We know Congressman Shin (ex-Det Shin's father) was elected to be President.  He appeared to be an open minded man who didn't bat an eye seeing his son date the daughter of a convict.  He seems to be a progressive candidate.  But then after the election, president Shin revived the dead abortion bill and threw it into the general election.  Is this because his son's death changed him or was he always hiding a different agenda beneath, one not too different from Sec Choi? President then pardoned Sec Choi after a short prison sentence, citing it as appreciation for her contribution to the country.  She was then killed as soon as she left prison in the same limousine that picked her up.  We were never given an explanation on why or who planned it.  I assume, again assuming, that it was President Shin's circumventing the law to kill his son's killer. I admit I did laugh when the driver pulled out the knife.  LOL I don't know. If someone has a better explanation, please share.

The epilogue was also open ended.  We saw a short clip of a surgeon performing brain surgery with Head Hunter's operation video in the background.  I'm guessing someone got a hold of these videos and continued the brain transplant operations.  There was no explanation but it seems to infer that we are witnessing the birth of another psychopath.  Despite passing a drastic bill and using genetic screening, they couldn't eliminate evil completely from society.  Genetic is not foolproof and is only a small portion of the makeup of a killer.  That's all I get from it; the epilogue was one giant question mark cuz to me, it was not executed well.   Anyone understood it?

Many of the mysteries were answered in the finale.  Many answers were those we have guessed and discussed here in the thread.  The one thing that I like from the drama is that it touched on the idea that forgiveness is a form of salvation for your soul and helps to liberate your guilt.  BaReum confessed in front of MooChi and BongYi.  We get to see MooChi and BongYi going through the different stages of anger, grief, acceptance for the crimes against MooWon and halmoni.  BongYi's realization that she was saved by her halmoni's killer reminded her that she needs to return the favor of that saved life.  MooChi recognizing pain, suffering, and remorse in the eyes of his brother's killer was what helped him believe in Bareum's humanity. It takes compassion, a lot of compassion, and a lot time to forgive someone, if is possible.  I agree with @ferily, it was important for the victims' family to resolve their anger and grief so they can move on and return to living.  For MooChi, he took on a different approach than his brother.  He doesn't forgive, he just tries to overcome the loss and guilt.  Lee Hee Joon did some wonderful acting during the scene at the house of Mrs. Song.  The way he tugged at his sock like a child not able to let go, the way he broke down, was heartbreaking.  I'm really happy that he was able to stay in Bong Yi's life, helping her in place of BaReum for halmoni.  Maybe someday, he'll find a way to become a part of Hong Ju's family... when YoHan's death has become less of a painful memory.  For Bong Yi, I love that she has not discard the pleasant memories between her and BaReum.  We see it in how she named the injured bird.  I love that Bong Yi fought off her painful memories to walk across the bridge on her own.  I think this was the best part of the drama's finale for me, showing that life moves on and normalcy returned for these hurt souls.

I also like that they gave Bareum+MooChi's partnership one more go in the final.  Tho I thought the whole sequence of Moochi walking into the Oz lair was over the top.  When he found the 3 framed pics of the special ops nicely displayed, the lost laptop, grandma's broche, all in one easy sweep without breaking a sweat. It was a surreal moment LOL.   I wish Bareum was written not as the son of a serial killer to stop perpetuating the idea of psychopaths breeds psychopaths.  The whole story of baby swaps was not believable but what was more disturbing to me was JiEun's suicide.  I think her ending was harsh.   Bareum's indifference toward his biological mother, saying she was as much a monster as his father, made JiEun more wicked than I think she really was.  The whole baby swap thing shifted some blame to the mothers, it didn't make sense for me even now that they were capable of murdering these babies.  Ji Eun's hatred toward Jaehoon/Bareum originated from Head Hunter so her actions were wrong but not without cause.  In any case, I can understand why JaeHoon/BaReum felt she failed as a mother, someone who didn't even love or help him when he needed.  Yet, to have Ji Eun committed suicide, I feel didn't give a good resolution to her story either.  Somehow, drama decided that she doesn't deserve redemption but Bareum does.  That and the fact that there were already so many deaths, why not spare her life with a more forgiving end?

Hong Ju was working with Daniel and Bareum to kill off psychopaths after YoHan's death.  She ended up serving some prison time for those crimes.  Her reason for not returning home - she couldn't let herself be happy because of Soo Jung's death - was not convincing. The reunion with Det Park was bittersweet.  I didn't know how to feel about her character at the end.  Am I supposed to pity at her? Was I floored by her Sherlock attempt?  Not really because it was the aunt that was the hero with the smoking gun.  My feelings are mixed at the end for Hong Ju.  I am glad she was able to clear Yo Han's name though.

The drama was long for me.  The first half was good, I prefer if the drama was shortened to 16 episodes, focusing on how Bareum regaining memory of his crimes after the transplant and how he deals with its repercussion with feelings and remorse.  I do like the ending at the church a lot.  It was fitting to witness Jaehoon hearing his adult self answered his own wish.  To hear that he indeed was able to be human, feel emotions, repaid his sins, build relationships with people, even be in love.... to know that he has the capacity to fought off the monster that his gene doomed him to be.  It was a touching moment in the cathedral.  I love the whole sequence at the end.  MooChi setting the simple headstone for BaReum in the prison graveyard, a quiet end for a pitiful life, imprisoned even in death.

2 hours ago, aw614 said:

Though I have a few questions, why would HJ need to go to prison for 3 years?

My impression is she was an accomplice for the killings of the psychopaths by Bareum/Daniel.  She planned it so has to pay for those crimes.  Do you remember what happened to Daniel?  What was his ending?  Too much info, I forgot.LOL

53 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

About Hong-ju's hair length - at the beginning it was longer, after giving birth it became short, then after going prison it became long again. Flashback to the saving Dr Daniel scene was also long. Kudos to the team for getting the details right. But I was wondering, did she film all the long hair scenes first before cutting her hair short? Or was she using hair extensions?

Good question, I saw that too.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1