11 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yes to the kid in the hallway.  

The copycat idea was introduced to us when SJ was sitting reading in the prison exercise yard. There was a guy in blue standing on the side and then you can hear him say that he would teach Officer ChiKook (?) a lesson.  After ChiKook spoke to SJ at his cell telling him that he isn’t afraid of him, the cell mates next door raised a ruckus.  So they were angry that he would challenge SJ.  That’s why the MO is different for ChiKook.  Whoever did that to him couldn’t kill him.  They did it to show “affection”/catch the attention of SJ. 

Hahaha yup definitely trying to call for the attention of their idol (HH) the more I think about it. But I am still trying to keep some calm and be open to possibilities since we are still on ep2 hahahaha.

The other thing that I can see is that SJ seems to like to take on projects.  He’s highly intelligent so he bores easily.  He almost seems to be conducting his own real life experiment by wanting to see how far he can push someone before they kill (it doesn’t matter that the person they are wanting to kill is him). He noticed how MC’s anger as a child spurred him to cut his face at his home. And he’s been egging MC on.

Hide contents

This is true, I think psychopaths do like to push people and test their limits. But in this scene, HH did note that MC does not have it in his eyes to be a killer right?

His eyes turned onto BR at the exercise yard whom he saw with ChiKook moving the box.  Is it possible to turn him into a killer?  He walked up to BR when he was cradling the wounded ChiKook during the magic show and looked into his eyes. So he wasn’t impressed by the show put in front of him from one of his wannabe followers.  He was interested in BR.  Just like he looked into MC’s eyes.  Could he see a potential killer in there?  I think he possibly decided that MC was a lost cause (to becoming a killer), so he found his new project. 

I think the earlier scene definitely shows that HH has got some fascination with observing people's looks in their eyes.

He does want to push the limits of people and observe the reactions (for fun) and yet his intelligence gives him a hint of an answer whether someone can really be pushed beyond a certain limit (to murder).

If we approach it from this perspective, I think the only three people that honestly gets the fascination of HH would be Daniel Lee, BR and YH so far. Daniel Lee might just be due to their long time friendship and Daniel's interest in studying someone like him (a psychopath). YH might just be because HH is hoping that his offspring resembles him. But as for BR, it might really be as you had said that he seems like the perfect prey to try to manipulate into becoming a predator (by instilling the killer instinct). Or HH might actually be fascinated by something in BR's eyes (which I am open to it being the look of a psychopath or perhaps the look of a genius that is hard to differentiate from the look of a psychopath hahahaha so HH wants to test it out).

Hide contents

Interesting enough. BR doesn’t want YoHan treating ChiKook either.  Same response.

Both times he needed someone else to step in to tell him to let ChiKook get treated.  First time it was MW the priest.  And the second time the doctor who said there was no one else they could call on.

YESSS I find it okay that he stopped HH but it was kind of suspicious why he wouldn't want YH to operate on CK. I know he is a young surgeon but it was an urgent moment. And as a police himself, I think he would have a better judgement than to try to stop a young surgeon from operating on a victim in such a time-sensitive situation.

EDIT - I had another thought and that the little boy in the yellow raincoat could be the 3rd child (Assemblyman’s) and not BR or YoHan.  So we only saw the child selves of YoHan and the 3rd person with the gene.

Not too sure about this because from the sequence of scenes and voiceovers in ep 1, it feels to me like the yellow raincoat kid is indeed Jae Hoon. Just that we still can't be sure who JH is (someone else mentioned that BR's child actor has yet to appear so I presume JH is definitely YH?).

EDIT2

the real killer was in that room when the incident with ChiKook took place.  Because he took the watch.  I get the feeling it’s their friend (BR and ChiKook’s).  This guy...

Hide contents

He talked about the watch.  And he revealed he wants to meet HH.  And he’s part of the HH fan club.  ChiKook scolded him for perpetuating the myth that these serial killers are like celebrities by joining the fan club.  

Hide contents

Yes! Because he scattered the finger in a corner too so he must have been in the room just that we can't be sure if he was shown in the scenes. I am definitely going to observe their friend in closer detail in the following episodes hahahaha. Thanks for pointing him out.

5 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Moon Woo Jin the child actor will play young Ba Reum, we haven't seen him yet.  He's really cute, good child actor. 

Hide contents

The little boy in yellow rain coat is not him so we should expect more flashbacks.  I guess we are to follow the adult characters to see if the gene tests accurately predict the children's character. The slow reveal is what make it fun. Yeah, possible that the boy is neither BR or MC. Keep analyzing and guessing! :D

Ahhh, this is new revelation. So young Ba Reum is neither Jae Hoon nor the boy in the hallway. Hmmm.

A lot lot lot of people think that Ba Reum is HH's son, esp since he will be Go Moo Chi's partner.  The storyline can't be this simple!  It's possible you know.  I rewatched part of E1, Jae Hoon's father is his stepfather.... He called his wife after the school conference and demanded that she leaves the store to get "her" son.

Hahaha I agree, I don't think BR is HH's son. In fact, I am actually quite set on the fact that YH is indeed Jae Hoon as well as HH's son. And BR should be the other kid tested positive for the gene. I just am not set on the fact that either of them is the murderer.

And yes definitely stepfather. Because JH definitely represents one of the two kids tested positive for the gene. And we know HH is in prison while the other dad had died from the accident. So no matter which one of the two kids were JH, the father who died on the stairs is definitely his stepfather.

Jae Hoon is a sad case of non-interventions at a time when he needed help.  It's not easy.  Both Mrs Sung and the other woman are single parent.  One or both remarried.  We know the mothers may also experienced social stigma as well.  Ms Sung apparently moved away, opened a flower shop and may even have another child... there was a child calling out for her in the scene.  She wouldn't want to risk her new family by seeking therapy for Jae Hoon even if she wants to.   There is def a sense of neglect from his appearance. This forces him to seek help on his own via school or the church during the formative years of middle school.  Overall, it's a sad testament to the circumstances and social environment that he was in.

I like @nrllee reference to the Go brothers, how someone who recovered from a devastating event can change personality from a meek boy (hidden and scared in the suitcase) to one fearless and obsessed with the idea that vengeance is justice.  Who knows what will tip these hurt souls over, to eventually turn them into vigilante.  From prey to predators, it's all relative and justified in the eyes of the victim and perpetrator.  

Hide contents

MuWon and MuChi.  Raised well.  Brought up in a loving family.  Parents are killed and both move in different directions in response.  One choosing to forgive the killer and becoming a man of the cloth (priest) - turns the other cheek.  The other filled with rage and takes out his anger on perps and lowlifes - an eye for an eye.  

Like what you said about the upbringing of JH and the Go brothers and how they eventually turned out to be definitely. 

5 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@bedifferent @nrllee

Also, in this scene, the HH saw a mouse trying to escape through the prison chain-link fence. So, I think he sent the package with two mice to Daniel Lee. When he opened the box, one got away and is loose while one was confined in a container. I believe the HH wanted to taunt Daniel Lee that if his theory on psychopathic genetic testing is true, even though he (the HH) is imprisoned for life/on death row, he has an offspring out there who will be a killer just like him.

Ah, interesting explanation. Could be possible. I just wonder if he had been able to predict or package the mice in such a way that one would be planned for escape and one would be planned to be trapped. Maybe there had been some contraption but I might have missed out on that.

Regarding the victims, wasn’t there a 5th one? There was a homeless man in his 50s who was found dead at a construction site. Same pattern, his middle finger was pointing to a cross outside the window. It occurred before the dead girl was found at the greenhouse. By the way, what is with the message that the killer wrote on the roof of the greenhouse which read “Bingo! Detective Ko Moon Chi! Great deductive reasoning!”?

Ah!!! Thanks for pointing this out, I definitely had been zoning out (or took a water break) while I was watching hahahahah. Let me go rewatch that scene and see if I had missed out on anything. 

Yeah I find that the message on the roof says something (aside from the literal words it said). Was MC's reasoning disclosed yet? Since the cases are still under investigation, I believe key detective's thought processes and reasonings won't be shared to the public right? That would only mean that the murderer is somewhat close to MC to know what he thinks about the cases? Would it be someone in the police force or works closely with the police force?

Even if one or both are psychopaths, do all of them necessarily become killers?

Agree. Not all psychopaths are murderers and I am secretly hoping that it says that both of them are not the killers hahaha.

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

HJ - I understand how you feel but must you find the son also?  What did the son do wrong?

MC - What did I do wrong?  I’ll make his son carry it too!  The horrifying memory that I carry for my whole life!  I’ll make him carry it too!  That’s only fair.  That’s the only way it will be an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

HJ - But you would’ve found him by now if you tried.  You’re intentionally NOT looking. (this is interesting, why was MC reluctant to do it?).

HJ - If you kill Han SeoJoon in front of his son, a new Go MooChi will be created. 

And that’s the point.  Vengeance perpetuates the problem.  The only way to break the cycle is what MW has done.  I do hold out hope that MC is not so far gone yet.  He didn’t kill the perp earlier on.  And he hasn’t bothered to look for SJ’s son too hard.   I have a feeling he’s worried that come crux time, he won’t be able to pull the trigger.  And all his actions to date would be for naught.   And he would be “lost”.  So much of his drive now and his reason for living is tied up to vengeance.  

Hahaha I actually really liked the conversation between the two. HH is right, MC does not have it in him to be a killer (or to do anything remotely violent). I feel he is all talk on the eye for an eye thing. He feels guilty and in pain over his parents death and wants to do something about it. But he knows better than to act out on the ugly ideas in his mind. And I think he is partially angry at himself for being in this state of not being able to act out on his parents' behalf (hence all the drinking). I think he has it clear in his heart that the biggest act of vengeance he can do is to do justice to murder victims and put murderers back in their rightful confined spaces. I just hope that in the investigation process, MC would not be clouded too much by his desire for vengeance that once he has a hint of HH's son involvement that he would immediately conclude that he must be a psychopathic murderer already. Haha but I have a feeling that scenario might play out for awhile.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, fluffyloaf said:

Was MC's reasoning disclosed yet? Since the cases are still under investigation, I believe key detective's thought processes and reasonings won't be shared to the public right?

He did do that drunken interview when they found the woman in the drain.  :blink: Remember how the other (police) had to pull him back from the reporters?  And we see the killer watching him on TV ranting about how the death of the girl was linked to the gym trainer and how the killer hates God.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

He did do that drunken interview when they found the woman in the drain.  :blink: Remember how the other (police) had to pull him back from the reporters?  And we see the killer watching him on TV ranting about how the death of the girl was linked to the gym trainer and how the killer hates God.

Hide contents

Hahaha oh no, I definitely have short attention span then :joy: But thanks for bringing me up to speed! 

• Like 1

HH’s son is Sung Yohan. He followed his mom’s surname, implying that she never remarried. She moved to a new neighbourhood to start afresh. She didn’t tell anyone about HH, so I doubt she would tell her son about the psychopath gene.

Jaehoon is the son of the researcher’s wife. She believed he would grow up normally, so she remarried and named her children Jaehoon, Jaemin, Jaehee, as if they weren’t step-siblings. But as Jaehoon started to behave differently from other children, she regretted her decision. She should’ve aborted the child when she had the chance. (HH’s wife didn’t have that option.)

The third psychopath gene test was done for one of the government officials. It was the same car that fetched Daniel to the national assembly building. But it may not have been for an unborn baby, since a lady passed some hair sample to Daniel. 

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

Same car plate number.

The reason why HH kept staring at Bareum, and instantly took interest in him is this:

"I can tell just by looking into your eyes. I can tell if you're someone like me or just an average human being."

HH could tell that Bareum is different, like him. Bareum might have been the third test subject. One of the opposition party members has the surname Jung. He believed in human rights and saw abortion as murder.

This girl is probably Detective Park’s daughter who went missing. Her remains were found five years later. The news article says that the DNA matched a 7-year-old girl, Park OO, who went missing in 1995.

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

I think the killer is this man who visited the prison doctor. He didn’t flinch when he heard that someone got hurt. And he’s the only explanation how Chigook’s watch ended up outside the prison and on the victim’s arm.

spacer.png

Kang Duk Soo could be a reference to Cho Doo Soon, a notorious child rapist who was recently released from prison, causing a public outcry.

spacer.png

I wonder if the writer was partly inspired by James Fallon, a famous neuroscientist who researched on the psychopath gene, only to discover that he himself has the brain of a psychopath.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-neuroscientist-who-discovered-he-was-a-psychopath-180947814/

"Eventually, based on further neurological and behavioral research into psychopathy, he decided he was indeed a psychopath—just a relatively good kind, what he and others call a “pro-social psychopath,” someone who has difficulty feeling true empathy for others but still keeps his behavior roughly within socially-acceptable bounds.

But the fact that a person with the genes and brain of a psychopath could end up a non-violent, stable and successful scientist made Fallon reconsider the ambiguity of the term... Not all psychopaths kill; some, like Fallon, exhibit other sorts of psychopathic behavior.

Fallon was once a self-proclaimed genetic determinist, but his views on the influence of genes on behavior have evolved. He now believes that his childhood helped prevent him from heading down a scarier path. “I was loved, and that protected me,” he says. Partly as a result of a series of miscarriages that preceded his birth, he was given an especially heavy amount of attention from his parents, and he thinks that played a key role."

The researcher who died might have had the psychopath gene, but he managed to grow up well and led a stable life. If Jaehoon had a loving stepfather who genuinely loved and cared for him, he might have turned out differently.

Prof Daniel appears to be a genetic determinist, believing that the test is 99% accurate. Will he eventually, like Fallon, come to realise that nurture plays a very important part too?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5

6 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Hahaha oh no, I definitely have short attention span then :joy: But thanks for bringing me up to speed! 

No I missed it too on first watch.  I had to rewatch again slowly to catch it.  :)

• Thanks 1

@__jesse I like what you wrote and gives much more insight. Okay wait so Jaehoon, the boy that murdered his father and his siblings, I thought that was the Head Hunter's son? Is it not?? Oh man, I'm getting all confused now with all of this, so that means there are 3 people who have the psychopath gene..

1. Headhunter's son

2. The other woman who visited Dr. Daniel office

3. Apparently the government officials child because I know some people mentioned here that he voted against the law of finding baby's who have the psychopath gene, implying that maybe his kid has the psychopath gene.

Hmmm.... I did strongly believe that Yo Han is the killer, but I don't know man... I definitely don't think Bareum is the killer but I do believe he has the psychopath gene. Either the killer is Yo Han or the other boy that has the psychopath gene..

@nrllee I like the points that you made about Han Seo Joon possibly seeing something in Bareum. I feel like one of the main focus of the drama will be the killer (the little boy who we saw in episode 1 doing all the killings) trying to manipulate Bareum and bring the psychopath inside of him since he is also someone who has the psychopath gene. I think it's interesting that you mentioned Bareum didn't want Headhunter or Yohan to treat his friend... What does that mean then? Does bareum see something in them which is why he was against them helping his friend?

@bedifferent Completely agree with you about the storyline can't be that simple and Jung Bareum is the HH's son, who will work with Go Moo Chi! I think that Bareum might have some connection with the killer in the past (like we saw in episode 1 when Jae Hoon passed by a kid and looked back at him, maybe that's Bareum or the other kid who has the psychopath gene). I also like how you mentioned about Go Moo Won and Go Moo Chi! It didn't occur to me that Moo Won became someone who forgave the killer while Moo Chi is someone who is out for revenge or rage because of what the Headhunter did. Interesting to see the differences between the two sons. I'll be honest, I thought the oldest son was going to die for sure after the Headhunter attacked him but surprising to see that he is still alive but just partly crippled. Seems like Moo Won is a bit traumatized by what happened though because we see that he starts quivering when the Headhunter was near him.

Man only two episodes out and we all have these different ideas and analysis of the drama haha! Episode 3 and 4 need to come ASAP so we can get some of our questions answered!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Sigh I just read that this is the writer of God’s Gift 14 Days and Black.  Both dramas were great at keeping the audiences in suspense and started off with great premises.  Then it all unravels in the middle and finishes off with no logic (the audiences are left with lots of questions unanswered).  I will stay for a few more eps and see how it goes.  If the plot starts to unravel and take strange tangents, I will bail.

The reason why I think JaeHoon is HH’s son is that HH’s wife JiEun loved flowers.  JaeHoon also has an IQ of 160, so he’s a genius.  SJ made it a point to show Daniel the greenhouse he built (?) for her when he visited.  So it makes sense that she kicks off a new life with a new identity both for herself and her unborn child and ends up remarrying.  MC confronts a florist when he was in high school asking her for money to fund MW’s surgeries.  She looks like the same lady at the end of Ep1 that tried to strangle JaeHoon when he was punishing his step brother for tattling.   I guess we will find out if she opted to change their names again after that very public confrontation at the flower shop.  YoHan sounds like John in Korean.  John literally means “graced by God or God is gracious”.   It makes sense that YoHan (adult) was JaeHoon (child) - similar personalities.  I guess we’ll have to see in the next few eps.

1 hour ago, ferily said:

I think it's interesting that you mentioned Bareum didn't want Headhunter or Yohan to treat his friend... What does that mean then? Does bareum see something in them which is why he was against them helping his friend?

It’s fear.  He doesn’t trust them.  That’s why MW said, “let’s trust him (HH)” to everyone.  BR has a prejudiced view?  Just because a doctor (YoHan) doesn’t have a great bedside manner (eg Dr House), does not necessarily mean they aren’t good at their job?  Similarly just because someone is a psychopath doesn’t mean he can’t do a good job of stitching him up?  SJ was a brilliant surgeon AND a psychopath.  The same man is both.  For some (scary) reason, he is able to compartmentalize those “hats” in his life.  That’s why BR said he looked so “normal”.  SJ is the brilliant surgeon by day.  Sick psychopath with killer tendencies by night.  The same man who saves people in his day job, is the same man who takes life without a skerrick of guilt.   The same man who is loving and the ideal husband by day is also the same man who is cruel and barbaric to complete strangers at night.  I know that’s an extreme example because HH did so many heinous crimes and therefore cannot be trusted, but the question remains.  Which hat will he (HH) wear when he takes up the needle and thread?  

• Insightful 5

I've considered various possibilities. But after rewatching ep 1 twice, I came to the conclusion that the storyline is relatively straightforward. 

The killer is Jaehoon. He is drawn to predator-prey relationships in nature. He hates God, thinking that God has forsaken him. He has Jaehoon's kindergarten photo framed up below his trophy wall. He takes photos of his victims as trophies (the lady who discovered the second body said she saw a camera flash).

Edited to add: @bedifferent I think the killer = Jaehoon = kid in yellow raincoat because the killer has this photo at home.

spacer.png

The resemblance between Jaehoon's mom and HH's wife is a red herring. Hence, Jaehoon mom's face was deliberately blurred. HH's wife got pregnant late, so it's unlikely that she can have another two children.

Bareum can't be Jaehoon. Because this is the older version of the character synopsis (thanks @incoty): He is a rookie detective who lost all of his memory after an accident. When he wakes up from the accident, he gets a special ability who can see and read killers’ thoughts and ways.

In the highlight video, he was clearly chasing someone (presumably the killer) when he met an accident. The accident may trigger his psychopath gene, causing him to see and think like a psychopath.

According to early casting news, there's one main villain in this drama. Choi Jinhyuk was casted but didn't appear for script reading or any publicity event. That's because he's the villain, but his face cannot be revealed yet. Hence, they used lil Jaehoon to front the poster, with words that form a cross. Again implying that Jaehoon is the killer who uses a cross as his MO.

Yohan is a biblical name. What's also interesting in this drama is the juxtaposition of people who believe in God, and those who don't. The priest who chose to forgive and reconcile, versus Moochi who seeks revenge; Yohan who is (presumably) raised as a Christian/Catholic, versus Jaehoon who thinks that God has forsaken him.

• Insightful 8

11 hours ago, __jesse said:

HH’s son is Sung Yohan. He followed his mom’s surname, implying that she never remarried. She moved to a new neighbourhood to start afresh. She didn’t tell anyone about HH, so I doubt she would tell her son about the psychopath gene.

Jaehoon is the son of the researcher’s wife. She believed he would grow up normally, so she remarried and named her children Jaehoon, Jaemin, Jaehee, as if they weren’t step-siblings. But as Jaehoon started to behave differently from other children, she regretted her decision. She should’ve aborted the child when she had the chance. (HH’s wife didn’t have that option.)

The third psychopath gene test was done for one of the government officials. It was the same car that fetched Daniel to the national assembly building. But it may not have been for an unborn baby, since a lady passed some hair sample to Daniel. 

This girl is probably Detective Park’s daughter who went missing. Her remains were found five years later. The news article says that the DNA matched a 7-year-old girl, Park OO, who went missing in 1995.

@__jessegreat post. Based on your logics, let's see...

1) Jaehoon is the other woman's son.  She's young so makes sense that she remarried and regretted her decision.  Agree on the opinion that Jae Hoon was at a disadvantage at birth.  Not only is he predisposed/at risk for having the gene, he didn't have a loving father figure.  Makes you wonder what happened to his father's kind disposition... he must have inherited at least some genes.  His is a case of failed social and family interventions but a strong argument for behavioral therapy.   I think he used his high IQ to survive as an orphan... so should we look for someone quick witted and deceptive.  Could he be the doctor in the prison? HH's fanclub member - who hurt Chigook and took his watch?

2) Sung Yo Han is Mrs Sung's son.  She changed back using her maiden name, channeled her love for flowers into a business... the child voice at the flower shop is Sung Yon Han.  She seems like a loving person, I assume she tried her best to raise her son to be a good person without telling him about his father and genetic make up.  However, SYH's disposition and intelligence clearly reflect his father HH.

@__jesse we noticed the photo of the kid by the killer.  If we assume Jaehoo = killer = kid in yellow rain coat, then young BR may not appeared yet as we haven't seen the young actor who played him Moon Woo Jin.  What I am having trouble with is BR who is extremely empathic toward others, can harbor the psychopathic gene with no outward expressions.  Maybe his is the case of a person able to control the violent urges or to prove that genetics do not accurately predict behaviors.

@taeunfightingreally good to see you posting.  Love your analysis of the mouse!  

@nrllee@taeunfighting @fluffyloaf @__jesse    The little girl was screaming for her Dad at the scene of the crime.  She ventured out to the highway to ask for help, her car veered off into the ditch.  She clearly said, my dad.... so I am wondering if it was Det Park who was the driver.  He passed out, she left to get help, killer came into the car somehow.  Song Soo Jung came to the aid of the driver, she clearly looked at him but was grabbed from behind?  Also, the little girl held Soo Jung's purse and gift bag.  Apparently, the little girl was abducted but the gift bag was abandoned with boxing gloves inside.  Is this why the killer came back and burned Soo Jung's brother?  Why kill boxer? :idk:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

She clearly said, my dad.... so I am wondering if it was Det Park who was the driver.  He passed out, she left to get help, killer came into the car somehow. 

Good catch. It might very well be so.  Which is why he was still looking for her when they apprehended the HH.   Goodness knows what he did to her :tears:.  The fact that he had no qualms killing/attacking MW doesn’t give me much hope that she’d come out of it alive. 

Not sure about the boxer.  Could be all tied into his attempt to impress HH?  To make sure his kill was linked up with HH (because HH killed the sister?).   There’s no MO for this present serial killer bar the hatred toward God.  The means of killing etc.  All very random.  HH on the other hand was meticulous.  He had a particular signature which made it unmistakable that it was him.    It was very brazen - once a body was found with those signature tells everyone knew.  This new killer seems less so?  MC had to look hard to find the links.  None of the other Police linked it up.  Nor the public.  HH would be sneering at his juvenile attempts to mimic him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, incoty said:

Amongst all your insightful analysis and psycho/killer talk, our two main stars are spending some sweet time together? And enjoying it I might add.

Is it a date?

I know the age difference between the two of them is quite big in the drama, but is it bad that I ship Bareum and Bong Yi together? :D Am I the only one? :blush:

@__jesse Yup agree with you that Bareum can't be Jae Hoon and that Jae Hoon is the killer. I still believe that Yo Han = Jae Hoon = Kid in the yellow coat = will try to bring the psychopath gene out of Bareum. I actually didn't know that Bareum gets into an accident, loses his memory, and gets a special ability??? That's the character synopsis for Baerum? Interesting...

At this point, I'm going to stop trying to predict what happens and wait till episode 3 and 4 come out! I feel like with all of the analysis we're doing, it seems like there's like 5+ episodes out :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I really appreciate to have Soompi forums where we can exchange differents opinions because this drama is making me crazy confused. Like I have a hard time to put the puzzle together. But at least here I can find some theory that I didn't think of.

So my opinion

The cute boy in yellow and Jaehoon may be 2 different kids. The little boy seems polished, well dressed, well treated, he must come from a rich family while Jaehoon seems neglected, dirty, not well dressed and his family is average. 

I think Jaehoon is the son of the researcher's wife with pyschopat dna. She was still young and can get married again, it couldn't be the HH's wife because they were cleary richer and she still could afford better living condition than what Jaehoon family is living.

I think Lee Seung Gi is Jaehoon as I saw many articles claiming that the boy Kim Kang-Hoon (Jaehoon) played as Lee Seung Gi as a child (I've seen it here in articles posted here).
So did he killed his family or not?  YES because he is a psychopat predator.

The polish cute little boy in yellow is HH's son and Ji Eun. She is the wife of a doctor so she will be well dressed, take care of her only child. That child may be the doctor....as you probably know studying to be doctor need LOTS OF MONEY and BRAIN. Jaehoon would never be able to afford to study in a medical university since he didn't have family anymore to support him financially.

But a part of me say, KOREAN LOVE THRILLER WITH A PLOT TWIST, I've seen it in FORGOTTEN with Kang Ha Neul (it was a good thriller movie, I recommend). So they aren't going to say and expose the truth easily like that. There must be something the writer is hinding from us.

I believe there is a 3rd person with psychopat dna (the baby related to one politician who voted for the laws about abortion on babies with psychopat's dna.)

The new killer of today isn't Jaehoon so it's not Lee Seung Gi. I think it's either the doctor or the son of the politician since the car the psychopat had seems an expensive car, Lee Seung Gi can't afford something like that with his salary. Only someone rich can afford it.

Jaehoon = Lee Seung Gi he is a predator, a killer...but because of his accident, he forgot about everything. (It really remind me of FORGOTTEN a Kmovie on Netflix). But since his psyschopat dna is still in him, he may be able to know and understand the psychopat because he is like them and this is the way they are going to find the psychopat that kill right now. 

The worse psychopat can be gentle, loving, caring...small like a prey but they are PREDATOR like the way they wanted to compare it with the MOUSE vs SNAKE. You think a mouse isn't dangerous but actually they can.

• Like 7

The teeth are the clue.  :D
This would mean:

Jae-hoon = HH’s son

HH’s son = Yo-han (HH told us)

Jae-hoon = Predator (JH told us)

Predator = Slicker boy (Predator’s framed photo)

Predator = Yo-han

It looks like the boxing trainer is the one who killed JH’s family (but only 3 of them?) and JH grew up to kill him in return. 

Ba-reum seems to be the son of the other pregnant woman. 

The girl who witnessed the murder at the car is the PD. (HH was taking advantage of a real accident.) She says she has a “responsibility” to find the killer. 

So ... will Yo-han turn Ba-reum into a killer? or will Ba-reum stop Yo-han from killing?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@nrllee@taeunfighting @fluffyloaf @__jesse    The little girl was screaming for her Dad at the scene of the crime.  She ventured out to the highway to ask for help, her car veered off into the ditch.  She clearly said, my dad.... so I am wondering if it was Det Park who was the driver.  He passed out, she left to get help, killer came into the car somehow.  Song Soo Jung came to the aid of the driver, she clearly looked at him but was grabbed from behind?  Also, the little girl held Soo Jung's purse and gift bag.  Apparently, the little girl was abducted but the gift bag was abandoned with boxing gloves inside.  Is this why the killer came back and burned Soo Jung's brother?  Why kill boxer? 

Ah, maybe I am confused. I sort of saw it that the whole "my dad..." thing as staged to lure Soo Jung. Not sure if I was watching with my screens too dimmed but I couldn't quite see details of the scene in the car so I actually am not sure if there was anyone else in the car aside from HH :joy: 

That's why I mentioned that I was wondering why the little girl had helped HH. Because I felt like the little girl didn't appear too surprised when she was looking towards Soo Jung that scene. And also if I thought about it like I was the little girl, if my dad was really in the car and dying, I would probably want to rush over while bringing Soo Jung there to see if he is alive (I know SJ told the girl to stand there since who knows maybe the car will burst into flames so there's reasonable doubt that I might be wrong with being suspicious hahaha). Secondly if I think about the case of the Go brothers, it doesn't quite make sense to me that HH would have not killed of the little girl as well? And also if her dad was in the car, probably would have been killed off too (unless injured and not conscious victims don't interest him because he don't get to see them suffer). Since HH was so eager to kill off the entire Go family regardless of young or old. There must be a reason he left the little girl alive (assuming she is alive)? Thirdly if I am correct, psychopathic killers are predatorial for the thrill? Some planning is involved when it comes to their killing? From how we see HH scenes and current murderer scenes, there is some snippet showing them choosing the victim first without immediately killing them. So the sequence of SJ's killing feels a bit random if HH had not intended for the little girl to bring SJ (the little girl could have brought just anyone else and it might not be to his liking of victim?).

Hmm honestly I can't figure out how SJ's brother is related and who would have a sense of "vengeance" toward him. Because the page on the Bible which he was forced to read while bleeding on was something about "eye for an eye" right? So it seems quite certain that the murderer also wants to return an "eye for an eye" to SJ's brother. What could SJ's brother possibly have done? Did he try to do something to HH to revenge SJ's death (hence triggering a fan)? Did he try to take it out on HH's wife and son (hence triggering either HH's son or a fan)? Or was the murderer taking it out on SJ's brother because his existence (and usage of the gloves) kept tempting the murderer to feel the urge to murder (maybe the gloves reminded the murderer about HH). But I am hardly convinced with my own speculations hahahahaha. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Hmm honestly I can't figure out how SJ's brother is related and who would have a sense of "vengeance" toward him. Because the page on the Bible which he was forced to read while bleeding on was something about "eye for an eye" right? So it seems quite certain that the murderer also wants to return an "eye for an eye" to SJ's brother. What could SJ's brother possibly have done? Did he try to do something to HH to revenge SJ's death (hence triggering a fan)? Did he try to take it out on HH's wife and son (hence triggering either HH's son or a fan)? Or was the murderer taking it out on SJ's brother because his existence (and usage of the gloves) kept tempting the murderer to feel the urge to murder (maybe the gloves reminded the murderer about HH). But I am hardly convinced with my own speculations hahahahaha. 

Yeah haven’t worked out the motive for vengeance.  Is it vengeance towards God?  And the brother was just a convenient vehicle to enact the vengeance?  Or as you surmise something on a personal level?  Or just his way of getting the attention of HH? Because the media would definitely link the 2 together as he’s a bereaved family member?

The little girl was left holding the gloves?  Like you I am not sure she survived.  The lady’s body was found in the ocean 1 week later after she was reported missing. And then Daniel arrived from England and the HH was caught.  So the little girl would be about MC’s age.  Did she grow up to become the Sherlock lady?  She seems to be the right age. Her father was slumped against the car so if her father was the Detective whose daughter is missing, then when he confronted HH at his home and at the station, she would not have been missing for long (1-2 weeks ?).  Why would HH let her go though?  I guess we will have to wait for more answers as the story unfolds. :lol:  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 1ouise said:

The teeth are the clue.  :D
This would mean:

Jae-hoon = HH’s son

HH’s son = Yo-han (HH told us)

Jae-hoon = Predator (JH told us)

Predator = Slicker boy (Predator’s framed photo)

Predator = Yo-han

It looks like the boxing trainer is the one who killed JH’s family (but only 3 of them?) and JH grew up to kill him in return. 

Ba-reum seems to be the son of the other pregnant woman. 

The girl who witnessed the murder at the car is the PD. (HH was taking advantage of a real accident.) She says she has a “responsibility” to find the killer. 

The drama will show us eventually what combination is correct LOL

Though forgive me, I have a hard time believing the boxing trainer killed JH’s family 

1) he killed the 2 innocent children and left JH alive?  If the anger is toward HH, he would make sure to kill the son JH.  The two children were shown cowering in fear, I assume the dead bodies are them. I can’t believe he would kill two young children.

2) he didn’t kill Mrs Sung, HH’s wife but the step family, no relation to JH.  I dont’ see why this will inflict emotional pain on JH.  If he has been following JH, he would know that their relationship is not a loving one. He would track down and kill both JH and Mrs Sung as they are directly related to HH.  But he didn’t.

3) he’s a boxer, would think he beats the heck out of the stepfather - we didn’t see or hear signs of struggling, wounds.  he used a knife?

4) how did he track down JH and Mrs Sung?  

Boy in raincoat = JH = YH based on the logic above.

But we saw JaeHoon leaving the police station in bad shape.  He didn’t leave with his mom Mrs Sung or any guardian, suggesting he is an orphan. Furthermore,  he looks neglected and dirty, like he would have to survive on his own.  There’s a disconnect in my mind on how Jaehoon cleaned up, go to an expensive medical school and become a doctor.  Who supported him?  There is also stigma against kid like him, I can’t see him escape the social class divide.

I agree that BR could be the researcher’s wife and that we will see his younger self later.

The PD didn’t have a big reaction toward the boxing gloves or the trainer’s name?  I thought she would remember the name since it was a traumatizing event.  She didn’t link the case to her past (at least not yet) - she didn’t elaborate for MC.  She is still a mystery for me.  Maybe the little girl is the PD but there are no clear link yet.

There are just many things that do not make sense for us all at the moment. hahaha

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

The PD didn’t have a big reaction toward the boxing gloves or the trainer’s name?  I thought she would remember the name since it was a traumatizing event.  She didn’t link the case to her past (at least not yet) - she didn’t elaborate for MC.  She is still a mystery for me.  Maybe the little girl is the PD but there are no clear link yet.

Yeah no. It makes no sense for PD to be the little girl at the scene of the murder.  She would’ve made that link straight away?  Unless she blocked out that whole event and has amnesia :lol:.  But if her dad is the Police Officer, it makes no sense that if she were alive and living with someone that he wouldn’t search for her extensively (media etc).  And if I (as someone in the general public) found a little girl wandering around lost the first thing I would do is to take her to the Police station?  

I have my doubts that the little boy in yellow is JaeHoon.  The little boy looked well cared for.  JaeHoon was always unkempt.  So I still think the little boy in yellow (who is the predator) is another person (the 3rd person with the gene - Assemblyman’s son).

And BR is the child with the gene but with the selfless father and mother who vowed to prove Daniel’s theory wrong.

As for who killed JaeHoon’s family, potentially someone who was wanted to impress him?  By saving him?  All the children had this mixed look of fear and awe as he walked through the school corridor.  Could the little boy he locked eyes with be the one?  Or MC (high school)?  I know the timeline seems off but he tracked down JiEun at the flower shop?  And then we hear her son call her as she had that altercation with MC?  Did MC in a fit of rage kill the family too?  Is he capable of doing that?

I actually think JaeHoon has learnt not to take his frustrations out on children.  Yes his punishment of his brother for tattling was chilling but when his teacher asked him about the scratches on his arm, he told her that he was taking out his frustrations on himself (whenever he’s annoyed with the people around him - be it the kids at school or the teacher).  He has learnt to deal with his negative emotions by redirecting them on himself.  The rabbit he killed was because he was curious to see if it was just fat or pregnant.  The fact that he’s learnt to deal with his emotions like that means he is capable of learning to control his instincts (one of which would be the instinct to kill).  And as @bedifferent pointed out, the fact that he went to church on his own and prayed to God to ask for help seems to me a sign of contrition?  He wants to change.  So I have hopes for JaeHoon (YoHan), that despite his strangeness and chilling lack of empathy, he is capable of controlling those killer instincts.   I guess we will see how the writer pens the characters.

• Like 2

Sorry I can't remember who mentioned that this is the same writer of Black and God's Gift 14 days.  I am now smashing my head against my laptop. Black was amazing but the last two episodes ugh. I've been dying to watch it again but I keep remembering that stupid ending and change my mind. As for God's Gift, they should have called it God's nightmare with that ending. I don't know if it was because I was new to Kdrama, possible crappy endings but it took forever to get the stink of that ending out of my mind. Is it weird that I couldn't sleep the first night after? ...or that sleeping the next few weeks was rough? :wut: I was pissed and disgusted.  Now I don't know how I'm going to keep watching Mouse. I might have to wait til it's done and see if it's worth watching.

• LOL 3

25 minutes ago, GingerK said:

Sorry I can't remember who mentioned that this is the same writer of Black and God's Gift 14 days.  I am now smashing my head against my laptop. Black was amazing but the last two episodes ugh. I've been dying to watch it again but I keep remembering that stupid ending and change my mind. As for God's Gift, they should have called it God's nightmare with that ending.

That would be me :lol:.  But yeah, my enthusiasm for this drama dialed down quite a few notches when I found that out.  She’s amazing keeping the suspense level high with lots of twists and turns but yes to the endings... frustrating is an understatement.  I will give her one more chance at this to see if she wraps it up well or gives us strike 3.  

• Like 1