Quantcast
ohnoitscindy

Han Hyo Joo 한효주

I've been following this show. So far Han's been doing fairly good job; however whenever it comes to the action scenes, she still carries some sort of weakness and softness in most of martial art movements. Not too bad, but I expected her more than what she's been showcasing us as a new role, new type of role in her acting career.

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying Hyo Joo's action scenes. Here you can see both the training for, and the final result of the most recent one with Shruti Hassan:

(Reposted from Treadstone's story yesterday on IG)

One thing I'm enjoying as I watch all of the background stuff coming out about Treadstone, and also just her posts themselves, is how excited and happy Hyo Joo looks. She has really enjoyed being in this series, and it shows.

Something I appreciate about this show is that there are quite a few female characters and they are all DIFFERENT. Sure, there's the hardheaded CIA lady, and the determined reporter, but there's also super loyal but also umm a bit obsessed and amoral Petra, there's Doug's wife who...yeah, she's um, interesting (vague cause spoilers), there's Shruti's character who seems to  be casually following her kill orders, and there's SoYun, who is just a person who loves her family more than anything, and has this terrifying mandate to kill coming from her suddenly. They're all different because PEOPLE are all different, and I appreciate that. People have different values, desires, talents, etc. in life. And there are all different ways that people (particularly women in this case) can be strong, not just one way. I personally find SoYun sympathetic because I would fight most for and sacrifice most for the people I love most in my life. (It's been a driving force in a few of HJ's other characters as well, and I guess that's why I like them.) Not everyone is driven in the same way, and that's okay. And that's why I like seeing the variety of female characters in this series. 

But since this is a Hyo Joo support thread in particular, So Yun fighting!

• Thanks 1

Some of the choreographed stunt work is a bit less impactful in her scenes versus that of the men's but I think that might be on purpose? I think it really plays into showcasing that So Yin's talent/adversity comes from finding and using other items to use to her advantage. She's obviously a capable fighter but hand-to-hand combat isn't her strongest suit so we really see her shine in fight scenes that allow her to utilize her quick thinking similar to her first fight scene in that first episode when she uses the tie to help take her enemy down. We also saw something similar to this fight style in her Cold Eyes role, where she used her iPhone as a weapon in hand-to-hand combat.

The show is ok as of now and I think episode 1 is still its strongest episode. They went overboard on the soundbites for all the fight scenes lol.