Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I hate that Knetz want her to take a drug test too but if it makes these guys shut up then I hope she does do it even though she doesn't even need to or should have to do so. They're bringing up a photo from like 15 years ago when she was out with her friends as if it's conclusive evidence that there's any correlation between that and the Burning Sun controversy. Like what? Suddenly people forgetting the effects of alcohol now?

Her reputation is really on the line here so I hope she and BH do all that's necessary to prove these people wrong. 

• Like 1

Is anyone else confused over the shooting period for Treadstone? Like they just filmed the pilot and then took a long break lol. I know a full season was picked up though so they should resume filming soon...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

Is anyone else confused over the shooting period for Treadstone? Like they just filmed the pilot and then took a long break lol. I know a full season was picked up though so they should resume filming soon...

Yes! I am totally confused. I know the whole season was green-lighted (green lit?) and so it's not like they had to wait on approval to film the rest of the season. The stunt guys have been working in Budapest for several months now, though. So I dunno. Maybe it's not necessary for alllll of the cast to be filming at the same time. After all, they are supposed to be characters in different locations. Maybe they are filming their different stories one by one?? One main actor just went back to Budapest, but yeah, if they want this to come out this year, they'll need to actually film, right? I have a feeling they are doing more than is publicly known, though. 

Wish there would be a bit  more news on it.

Same here lol I keep wondering what episode they're currently filming. Since we have no updates on what's going on, filming seems to be going by really slow. hopefully, we'll get some news soon regarding how many episodes the first season will have + release date.

• Like 1

lol i’ve given up on tracking the treadstone filming. I don’t know if it’s even happening. Hyo looks like she’s been traveling but idk if she’s also been filming too. The break is definitely too long (if they are still on a break) 

Personally, am beginning to accept the fact that we might not see her in anything this year.

I'm glad they're quickly taking action against those who posted malicious comments. 

Spoiler

Han Hyo Joo Sues 33 People For Circulating False Rumors Related To Burning Sun

Han Hyo Joo has taken strong legal action against false rumors.

Previously, the actress’s agency denied that she attended an event at Burning Sun for JMsolution, which she is a model for. JMsolution also spoke up to deny reports regarding the company’s models in relation to the club.

On May 10, Han Hyo Joo’s legal representative Kim Moon Hee of the law firm Jipyong released an official statement announcing that legal action has been taken.

The statement reads as follows:

This is an official statement regarding the circulation of false information and malicious comments regarding actress Han Hyo Joo.

First of all, Han Hyo Joo is simply a model for JMsolution. She has not entered the club Burning Sun a single time, and she did not attend the event on November 23, 2018.

However, there continues to be a spread of defamatory and insulting acts of maliciously posting false information via online platforms including portal websites, communities, and social media.

Our law firm made the judgment that the malicious comments and circulation of false rumors have severely defamed actress Han Hyo Joo. We identified 33 individuals (based on ID) and filed criminal complaints to the Seoul Yongsan Police Station for charges on the breach (defamation) of the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.

We will continue to take strong action on intentionally posting false information or other malicious acts without any leniency or settlement.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1323415wpp/han-hyo-joo-sues-33-people-for-circulating-false-rumors-related-to-burning-sun

3 minutes ago, adeleyam said:

finally BH is doin something. Anw I hope those knetz don’t delete their comments so we can screenshot and send them to the PR team from BH.

And damn those 33 ppl. 

If I could read Korean I would legit volunteer my time to do this lmao. I am petty af

33 people is a lot so I hope she and her team got enough dirt on all of them so that they're all found guilty. I hope she and her team are not afraid to add more people to this list either. 

I'm very happy that her and her team went through with this and that they acted on it so quickly. If it's true that she's back filming Treadstone, then it's one less headache for her to have to deal with. 

I am sure that between the time of their first statement and this one saying they have filed a lawsuit, they collected evidence. After their latest notice about the lawsuit was posted, a number of comments on her IG apparently disappeared. But uh...I think (I hope, anyway) that it was too late.

It's really hard for me to understand how people could be that cruel and malicious. The notion that she could be this person is so obviously impossible if you know even one shred of real facts about her. But I guess some people get a thrill of heady power over sitting anonymously behind their keyboards and harassing others. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know there's still like four months left before filming for Treadstone ends. But for these past couple weeks, I've had a couple questions in mind:

1) when will we get to see another hyo interview? I'm not really familiar with how tv shows and promotions go, but do they usually hold press conferences and give interviews?

2) If, and that's a big IF the show gets renewed for more than one season, then will she be stuck with the same role for years?

This issue didn't even cross my mind until I saw tweets of Constance Wu voicing out her disappointment over her tv show getting renewed for another season, when she already had plans to accept a major movie offer. 

I have some other questions, but imma stop here lol it's just that there's so many things about Treadstone that I'm not too thrilled about, but I don't want to start rambling. Anyway, ever since hyo announced she was doing this project I haven't made up my mind whether this is a good move for her career or not. Partly because it might limit her in terms of filming other projects. Another reason is that I'm not too fond of the creator whose last tv show had tons of mixed and negative reviews.

I heard that there will be 10 episodes for season 1 and likely set to air this year. Not sure if they have plan for filming next season but i think it depends on the rating and feedback from viewers. 

• Like 1

TV and film promotion is a bit different in the US than in Korea. I feel like it's a lot less personal--more about the plot and characters than about the real actors behind a project. I don't think we'll see a presscon and photo shoot and interview in the US media like you would in Korea. (Plus the cast is largely international, and therefore virtually unknown in the US.) I would guess the emphasis in marketing would be on the tie to the successful Jason Bourne movies, marketing heavily to the audience who loved them. Showing clips and trailers, some photos and a plot summary in various entertainment magazines, etc. Would be nice if Korean media did an interview, though. I'd love to hear her thoughts on it.

As for extra seasons, yeah, that's pretty much how US TV works. They keep running seasons until people get bored and the show is cancelled. I guess they can always write out a character if the actor really wants to leave? For the actor, the plus side is regular work. The minus side is limiting your availability. But you know...the show hasn't even happened yet. It could be her best role yet. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frozentundra said:

TV and film promotion is a bit different in the US than in Korea. I feel like it's a lot less personal--more about the plot and characters than about the real actors behind a project. I don't think we'll see a presscon and photo shoot and interview in the US media like you would in Korea. (Plus the cast is largely international, and therefore virtually unknown in the US.)

oh that's disappointing ): hopefully, she'll do a Korean magazine interview. I would love to hear about her experience filming for the show, her travels and future plans. 

8 hours ago, frozentundra said:

As for extra seasons, yeah, that's pretty much how US TV works. They keep running seasons until people get bored and the show is cancelled. I guess they can always write out a character if the actor really wants to leave? For the actor, the plus side is regular work. The minus side is limiting your availability. But you know...the show hasn't even happened yet. It could be her best role yet. :)

The plot does sound interesting and it's action, but I just can't trust Kring to successfully pull this off based on what commenters have said about his previous work. But it is what it is. Let's hope this will at least open more doors for her. I read quite a good number of Korean actors this year have confirmed appearances in Hollywood films which is great. God knows we need more diversity in Hollywood.

6 minutes ago, solaire said:

hopefully, she'll do a Korean magazine interview. I would love to hear about her experience filming for the show, her travels and future plans. 

I hope so, too. I have run across interviews from other people who have worked in Hollywood for a bit, giving their reactions. (One comment was how nice it was to be allowed to eat and sleep and basically have easier working conditions.) Hopefully someone interviews her. I love her interviews, and would dearly love to read a new one.

7 minutes ago, solaire said:

God knows we need more diversity in Hollywood.

Yes, we do!!

So it looks like SBS (under the urging of BH lawyers) finally got around to clarifying that "Actress A" of Burning Sun was not HJ. Well, I'm glad to hear that... But I don't understand why they didn't do that immediately. 

Soompi article in English here (there are pages and pages of headlines on this on Naver): https://www.soompi.com/article/1328836wpp/unanswered-questions-confirms-han-hyo-joo-was-not-actress-involved-in-burning-sun-scandal-episode

• Like 4

• 1 month later...