Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

• 2 months later...

April 29, 2019

More Korean actors to appear in Hollywood films, dramas

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

Recently actor Ma Dong-seok, star of "Train to Busan" (2016), is rumored to be in talks to join Marvel's new film "The Eternals." Actress Jeon Jong-seo, who took the lead role in her debut film "Burning," is also in discussion to star in the upcoming Hollywood movie "Blood Moon," a fantasy film directed by Ana Lily Amirpour.

Before them, actors like Kim Yun-jin, known for her role in American television series "Lost," and Lee Byung-hun who has appeared in the "G.I. Joe" series, successfully expanded their acting careers beyond Korean territory.

More actors will follow their footsteps this year. A band of actors and actresses including Gang Dong-won, Han Hyo-joo and Cha In-pyo will appear in Hollywood films and dramas.

Gang will make his Hollywood debut, appearing in disaster blockbuster film "Tsunami LA," playing a Korean-American surfer who confronts a natural disaster. The film was initially slated to begin shooting in April last year and be released in North America this year, but the filming schedule has been postponed. The film started shooting in September last year and the release date has yet to be decided. 

Han will also debut in U.S. with upcoming drama series "Treadstone." In the drama, a spinoff of the popular "Bourne" film series, the Korean actress will play a CIA agent who lives in North Korea undercover. Currently, Han is shooting the drama and it will be broadcast through American cable channel USA Network within this year. 

Veteran actor and TV celebrity Cha In-pyo, who appeared in Netflix drama "Sense8," has participated in another film ""Heavenquest: A Pilgrim's Progress." 

The actor previously rejected a villainous North Korean role in the James Bond series' 2002 film "Die Another Day" citing its controversial depiction of the South-North Korea confrontation. In his upcoming Hollywood film, based on John Bunyan's 1678 novel "The Pilgrim's Progress," Cha will take the role of a guardian who protects the main character Vangel on his pilgrimage. He is also participating in the film as a producer. 

Henry, former member of boy band Super Junior-M, is a Hong Kong Canadian who has been mainly active both in Korea and China, is also appearing in the American comedy film "A Dog's Journey." In the film, directed by Gail Mancuso, Henry will takes the role of lead character C.J's boyfriend. The film will be released on May 17 in North America. 

Lee Tae-ri, the 25-year-old rookie actor who earned some recognition in the 1998-2000 sitcom "Soonpoong Clinic," will make a special appearance as an Asian prince named Prince Lee in the upcoming Hollywood fantasy film "Anastasia." The film has finished filming and is waiting for its North American release. 

jinhai@koreatimes.co.kr 

• Like 2

Tbh I’m really excited for Treadstone. Not sure how much I can trust IMDb, saw some info that Hyojoo has got 2 stunt women to cover her when others only have 1(?).. can I expect lots of action from her...:D

Anyway what are the chances of us (outside of US) to be able to stream this? With this being a cable drama?

• Like 1

Weird, imdb has two stunt doubles listed for her, but her character has no name listed. (Even though she has one.) 

Most of the cast is not American, you'd think they'd find a way to broadcast this outside the US. I mean, wouldn't they want to invite the already-existing fan bases of all of these international actors?

Also, was talking with a family member the other day and somehow the subject of this drama came up. "Did you know they're doing a TV spinoff of the Jason Bourne movies?" Yes, of course, I said. That's the one that Korean actress I like, Han Hyo Joo, is in. Relative was EXTREMELY impressed. "Whoaaaa. Really?! That is a big deal!" etc. 

Of course it is a big deal. And of course she is an awesome enough actress to get into something big like this. *proud fan* :) 

• Like 1

Yes, they did. They strongly denied that she was the actress in question, and said that neither she nor any of their other actors had ever been to a club called Burning Sun. And that they would take swift legal action against any posts or comments that suggested otherwise. 

Source: all over naver

• Like 2

I hope BH Ent. sues everyone. I've been following the Burning Sun scandal and everything else and this is just ridiculous and irresponsible of the program and the journalist to put something like this out there with no evidence. You'd think they'd be smart enough to realize that putting out a blind item when Hyo Joo's appearance (or lack thereof) on said day can be so easily proven. 

I'm legit so mad right now.

Lee Byung Hun And Han Hyo Joo’s Agency Releases Statement Denying Connection To Gathering At Burning Sun

BH Entertainment, which houses Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, and Kim Go Eun, denied that the actors attended a gathering at Burning Sun.

On May 5, a high-ranking source from BH Entertainment stated, “It is false that Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, and other actors at the agency went to a dinner gathering for a cosmetics brand at Burning Sun. Although they are  models for the brand, they have no connection to the event described by ‘Unanswered Questions.'”

Below is a full translation of the official statement from the agency:

Hello,

This is BH Entertainment.

We would like to relay that Han Hyo Joo, who works as a model for JM Solutions, did not attend the event mentioned in the May 4 broadcast of SBS’s “Unanswered Questions.”

Han Hyo Joo is simply a model for JM Solutions. She did not participate in the event and has not once stepped foot in Burning Sun. In addition, we maintain that none of her fellow actors in the agency attended the event.

We will pursue strong legal action against all posts and comments on social media that damage our actors’ reputations by spreading these falsehoods.

Thank you.

This comes after the May 4 episode of SBS’s “Unanswered Questions,” in which one source alleged that a cosmetics brand sponsoring Burning Sun held a dinner gathering at the club and reserved around 20 VIP tables.

The source claimed that during the event, “An actress in her 30s, ‘A,’ hit people who were greeting her with a light stick. Those who were assaulted were in their 40s and 50s.” The actress’s eyes were said to be bloodshot, suggesting drug use.

Source (1) (2) (3)

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1322229wpp/lee-byung-hun-and-han-hyo-joos-agency-releases-statement-denying-connection-to-gathering-at-burning-sun

SHUT. IT. DOWN. 

I hope all the Knetz slandering her name are deleting all their comments right now. Or better yet, I hope BH were quick enough and added them to their sue the living crap out of list.

• Like 3

I'm mad, too. She is not the only one getting hit by stupid, malicious rumors. (Although she is the one I care most about.) Yes, over and over, completely innocent people keep getting dragged through the mud. Is it actually fun for people to trash actresses like this? 

I hope BH sues the pants off of everyone who even whispers a lie about her.

Freaking witch hunt to derail from the actual important proceedings of the investigation. SMH.

I hate that she was dragged into this when she's been low-key af the past god knows how long. Girl's just been minding her own business getting ready for her American debut and this crap happens. I hope she remains unbothered and that the Knetz take what BH Ent. said seriously and back the F off. 

• Like 3

For once, I'm so glad she's on a temporary leave from the Korean entertainment industry and is focusing on her Hollywood debut. And just like you guys, I'm so mad at knetz for overreacting and thinking that everything they read, in this case speculations, are all true. Last month they did that same exact thing with JCW and now this month it's hyojoo. I'm just so tired of them dragging innocent people. Sometimes it feels like they only care about the celebs instead of the bigger issue at hand which completely sucks for the victims who most likely won't get justice.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm glad she's not promoting anything in K-ent right now but I still hope she and her company do pursue legal action so that they can set an example to those slandering her name and reputation. 

They seriously aired a "witness" testimony based on no factual evidence. No photos, videos, or even other witness testimonial accounts. Just irresponsible as hell. 

• Like 1

I'm so mad right now with k-netz and that tv program. Just based on he says she says?!! A TV programs must know best that they shouldn't make a content based on he says she says, it simply unprofesional. 

• Like 1

Am sitting down here regretting a lot of things. I regret that she’s a model for JM solutions. I also regret that she ever guested on 2N1D even tho it was one of my favorite videos to watch until this very moment. I regret that she seemed close to JJY during and after d show. I regret that he sang d ost for W and even uploaded a pic of them together on his ig. He’s also mentioned once or twice his desire to work with her again.

BUT ABOVE ALL, I REGRET THAT BH Hasn’t  done more to refute these claims. Yes they released a statement but that doesn’t feel enough. A lot of guilty pple have released d same statement before throughout the course of the controversies that has swept k-ent this year. Some even did press conferences and were still guilty. BH can do better imo.

I've read quite a few articles and I'm actually surprised that most of the commenters aren't being overly vicious, but more like just telling her and the other actresses to do a drug test to prove their innocence. I think this is a good idea, since it can clear all the rumors that she's Actress A. Yet at the same time, it sucks that they have to go to such lengths just to prove their innocence. Now that I've had time to try looking at things from the other side's perspective, I can't blame them for not trusting celebs, hell, even I don't trust celebs since we never know what goes on behind closed doors, nor do we know their true personality.

Also, there's not much her agency can do either. If they take down articles and stop her name from trending it'll just make her look like she's guilty. Let's just hope that the whole matter will be dealt accordingly and hope for the best.

Am side eyeing BH because I’ve been having problems with them for a while now haha but i think they can start suing all those defamatory articles that are even connecting her to JJY.

I don’t know how I feel about the drug test. I definitely see that it would put down d rumors but having to go that far just to satisfy people is pretty cruel. Its not like they have any proof. They are basically dragging all the actresses because they are models to a particular brand. Mind i add that if this was a guy, things would have been different. They would have been flocks of fans protesting. 

Anyway if a drug test is what’s required to deal with the problem then so be it but if there’s another easier and less-degrading way, I would gladly chose that option.

This would be a good time for her to have been conveniently in Europe, quietly filming or training for Treadstone, so she could simply show her stamped passport. 

It makes me angry that this is already a situation where multiple women have been victims of horrible crimes. Crimes where society makes the victim pay, whereas the perpetrators often get off with a slap on the wrist. Is it really necessary to create new victims out of nothing?? I hope BH goes after the creators of these rumors and sues them openly and publicly and thoroughly. Meanwhile, there are horrible things associated with this whole event that need to be investigated. Fake rumors detract attention from the real issues. 

I just feel so bad that she has been quietly and happily living, finding peace, and then has to deal with this.