Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I am also not judging, i just posted what i found on the korean internet sites. I have watched the anime and knw the melo is important but i also know the anime does not have the ability to draw a lot of people into the theater because of its philosophical dark mood. I also expect the director to change that considering he spent a lot of money making the movie and needs to get it back. In order to transform the anime to a commercial movie, am not surprised there would be some sacrifices.

@wildaffairs yeah. I think overall i would still call the reviews positive. Considering its a remake of an anime, i was expecting it to get a ton of negativity because of how sensitive pple are towards remakes in general.

• Like 2

I just realised that Moon sook was her friend from Hawaii, the one she reached out to regarding the yoga thing long ago.Then she recommended her to be Woojin’s mother in Beauty Inside.Ohh. And that’s the same black cap when she went for a meal with kdw, lol so it was really her. lmao. 

We’ll see her again later for the chewing chat :) I’m worried for Inrang but for now I will enjoy seeing Hyojoo’s guestings and activities, after Inrang phase, she might be out of the limelight again until she chooses her next work.

But my heart is also glad seeing her spotted with friends, living her life outside of being an actress. And yes, she’s old enough to know what she wants and what’s good for her. Let’s cheer her on! :)

Edit: So there is a movie screening later at 7:30 pm, then live chat at 9:50 pm? Oh.More reviews later then.

• Like 3

Guest kaz11

It's nice to see them promoting more! Oh well, MI might win the BO race in the coming days, even in promotions they're good ~ take a look at this

.. just hoping for the best, hoping that Inrang will open more opportunities for Hyojoo especially. Personally, I hope it's a film that I am going to enjoy entirely, because it feels like it's been ages since I last enjoyed seeing her in anything. Good luck to the team!

The reviews from pple who watched inrang yesterday is still mostly positive. I actually saw one that said the main character is han hyo joo. It warmed my heart.

kdw has an interview that was released today. He addressed the dating rumors saying they are just pple who became friends after working on two projects. He also said there was no awkwardness btw them after the rumor(?).......

i actually believe him and i wish inrang nothing but the best.

When are we getting a hyo photoshoot tho. Its abt time we got one.

• Like 2

I saw at least two where the reviewers felt like HJ's character was the main character. I think because she intersects with all of the different factions, and so all the conflict must come to a head in her character. Even if other characters have anguish over things, she is the one who shows that emotion. (At least, that is what I understood; hopefully I understood that correctly.) It's nice to hear that, since they said very little about her character in much of the promo. 

She looked so pretty in the chat event! :)

• Like 4

https://m.entertain.naver.com/movie/now/read?oid=109&aid=0003829343

English:

https://t.co/JEDNGqtnMv

kdw sort of addressed the issue with him and hyojoo.Google translate is usually messed up, edited: yep he said they’re close friends. He didnt even gave an explanation about the photo.He just said that they didn’t feel awkward after the “heat” (issue). 

From the article:

From the past, Kang Dongwon answered that there is no or no girlfriend. "When journalists asked me whether I was a girlfriend, it was the best answer I could make as a person - to - person. The answer is always the same. I am an individual but an actor. I want to live happily, and I do not want to be a public good at all. "

My stand will always be on Hyojoo anyway.As long as my bias is happy and unharmed and treated well. 

Goodluck to Inrang! Man, Ill be happy if they reach the break even point and a bit more.Phew.

• Like 1

Indeed @frozentundra the review i just saw along with the one you translated and a few i saw quoting her speech abt not knowing who to blame really made me happy. I’ve heard a few pple say she sets the mood of the movie, I think inrang ended up being from her point of view in a way. Am honestly excited to watch. I cant wait to see it and give my own personal thoughts.

The writer of the anime, mamoru oshii, came to korea and also watched it yesterday. He praised the director and the actors saying he could feel their energy. More of what he said will be released later.

0003829154_001_20180724081027705.jpg?typ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that about the anime writer! That is very encouraging. :) Of course there will be people who don't like a new interpretation--there are always those who want it to be an exact copy. And adaptations just aren't going to be that. But if the anime writer liked it, that is a good thing. 

As to google translate, it tends to leave out whole sentences, like in this case. There is a phrase in there that GT completely left out, about the "desires of female fans," and not wanting to be a public good, and not knowing what to do with that, or how to answer to that. To me (I understand enough Korean to tell when GT is going wrong, but certainly not all the nuances), he sounds a little irritated in his comments. (I have also read interviews with him before where he really seemed allergic to the idea of being a "public good"--his phrasing, not mine.) Perhaps some of his fans who actually speak Korean for real will translate his words more exactly. I don't like google translate because I have seen it translate sentences to say the exact opposite of what is actually intended. I think in this case, it would be good if a real human who is completely unbiased regarding the guy's love life with anyone on the planet could accurately translate it. 

• Like 3

' In-rang ' Kang Dong-won announced his position on the rumors of his relationship with Han Hyo-joo. He said, " We are close friends and there is no change in our relationship after the rumor of having a romantic relationship. " He also revealed the fact that his goal is to be happy as an individual

From the past, Kang has responded to whether he is a girlfriend or not. `` When reporters asked me whether I was a girlfriend or not, that was the best answer I could give as a human being. The answer is always the same. I'm an actor, but I'm a private person. " I want to live happily and I have no intention of being a public good.

• Like 1

Anyway am laughing at him saying they werent awkward( if that’s what he really said) they were as awkward as awkwardness itself. The soompi article omitted some things and it really doesnt feel like a strong denial if u read only that.

• Like 1

@adamag ive read all his articles from naver, again google translate is messed up but it sounds to me that it isnt a strong denial.He mainly talked about the same thing, him working with her twice, thrice during GS, then more scenes in Inrang and they became close (friends?). He didnt elaborate much but he emphasized about them not being awkward. The comments are angry again, lol and knetz are saying that his answer is ambiguous. Oh well, let it be.I am now glad that Hyo isn’t that akward anymore near him especially if its an informal event. 

I hope we hear about Hyo’s new project soon.Inrang phase is about to finish. How about a collab with Gongyoo? :) 

• Like 2

@jughead2000 haha. I dont know what he was thinking trying to deny a dating rumor and then adding that his answer will always be no regardless of whether he’s dating or not. That weakens the entire statement!! But i feel him for letting them knw to back off by saying he has no intention to be a public good. I think knetz forget everytime that they dont own anyone.

• Like 1