Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest kaz11

@adamag, thanks, I saw it. I was about to post this video. Hmm, it is awkward that he refused, but Minho was the first to return to the stage followed by Hyojoo. But, JWS, such a gentleman.

The ladies looked amazing but Hyo still seemed too formal :P

Guest kaz11
8 minutes ago, adamag said:

Hyr spoke in the press screening. I’ve seen a couple videos of her talking.

Yeah. But I guess they directed most of the questions to the director. 

Mission Impossible is leading for the next opening, followed by Incredibles then Inrang for pre sale tickets.Inrang is getting good reviews, I think, so I hope it picks up by word of mouth. 

I saw this review, I think it mentioned that Hyojoo or the character Lee Yoon Hee has delivered the emotional side of the story? Not sure with google translate. I hope someone can translate this better.

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=juckwoo&logNo=221323301739&proxyReferer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F3s4Zrd7df9

M.I did a good job promoting in Korea. I still hope Inrang does well at B.O!

• Like 1

An hour or two after the article abt inrang being 3rd in advance sales,  inrang took second place. But MI6 still has three times the sales. Don't know about now tho. I will check when I get home.

MI6 advance sale opened more earlier than inrang’s. Hopefully after the two promo events on monday and tuesday, the tickets might rise up. Also like @jughead2000 said, inrang is getting positive reviews. The people who watched it after the press premiere have been giving mostly good reviews on instagram. Hopefully it spreads through word of mouth. I dont expect them to get 1st place. I’m just hoping the gap reduces.

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

Been reading reviews on naver just now (articles)... and it's not very positive. Generally they're saying that the biggest advantage of the film is the good-looking cast... which is kinda funny considering how WB Korea sells the film. The problem lies in the storytelling, I think. And I'm not sure if they thought that the romance is weak, too. Acting is a plus, with KMY highlighted. Both HYR and CMH were praised, too. I am still looking for reviews that mention Hj's acting...

@kaz11

Generally, from what I understand, reviews are mainly saying that the film has good visuals, acting and the action side is done well too.I think they failed to lay out the emotional side (saying that they captured the wolf but not the red girl arc) properly. Melo and romance isnt done well? But not actors fault, I think its the storytelling and screenplay’s weakness.

I havent seen people singling out hyojoo too but I saw a couple of reviews saying that she is leading and a central character. Also, kdw doesnt show much emotions and expression, didnt see people praising his acting too, even JWS.

These article mentioned Hyojoo being a catalyst/central character driving the movie, and the other one that I posted above.

Inrang Review:

https://m.entertain.naver.com/movie/now/read?oid=108&aid=0002715406

Another Face of Han Hyo Ju, Inrang Discovery

https://m.entertain.naver.com/movie/now/read?oid=108&aid=0002715405

I hope Hyojoo gains more recognition, she worked hard for this.And I hope the film reaches break even and more.

Taking into consideration the early mixed (mostly positive) reviews, the poor promo and the tough competition how many admissions do u predict the film will get? Most importantly, do you think it will reach its break even point?

From the reviews i have read over time, the summary is this: Action is the best, visaul is great, acting is okay, story has some cons but is fast paced enough to keep you interested and invested while passing time. You dont really feel kdw’s character’s anguish, also the love story is not strong. 

The movie is not the philosophical emotional movie the anime was. Dir kjw focused more on making it exciting than taking it down the emotional train. Kmy is praised as a villian. The rest of the main cast were okay not bad but nothing too spectacular. I think instead of hyo being an enigmatic character, the director revealed her two faced identity from the beginning. Compared to everyone else, she pours out her emotions. I have read that she sets the mood for the movie and is a narrator in the background.

while the reviews arent very positive,  they still look positive enough to get high numbers(?) am saying this based on my knowledge of how some k movies reviews have been and how they performed. Also i feel like age of shadows had similar qualities but probably less action. If that one could get good numbers, inrang could too...am hoping. Hyo will get her recognition if the movie does well but unfortunately, i dont think her character is anything that spectacular or new enough for pple to keep talking about. Most of the flaws in the movie seem to come from directing than acting. Am glad about that. 

Now the biggest question is if inrang will survive the summer heat. I honestly dont know the answer. I keep having a bad feeling it wont.

• Like 1

@solaire i think it would have if the competition wasnt so big. Leaving reviewers aside, normal everyday pple who are actually the ones responsible for word of mouth advertisement than anyone else think the movie is pretty okay. So it would have been popular. But now, the competition is just too much. In its first week before awtg releases, it should at least be able to top box office and get 3 mil or more but MI6 looks like it has the crown. It being second is already affecting how much it can get before other big films come out. I cant see the future so i cant really predict haha but i dont have a good feeling towards their box office numbers. I would be grateful if it at least reached its break even point.

i have seen plle calling the korean terminator lol and how very new it is. Pple cant believe its a korean film. Am hoping all these works in their favor.

Ya he was moving his own chair. Honestly, I pray that there was nothing between them and nothing happens going forward. Kang Dong Won is a good actor, maybe a decent person too. I don't follow him personally but from his comments about love and marriage, also how he ended things (even if it was only as friends) with SHK, I don't think he is good as a boyfriend for Hyo. The crap Hyo had to deal with for the past 5 years, I hope she can find a partner who can be a pillar for her and someone who is proud to be with her. She has said so herself that she wants someone she can dependent on emotionally and who is respectful towards her feelings. 

It breaks my heart again and again with the difference I can see in Hyo as a person from 2013 to 2018. She is so strong, I have so much respect for her. But the pain she has suffered has made her more mature before time.  I wish the truth about her brother would come out in a proper manner and her brother would be punished for his crimes (if what is said is true, I can't confirm something I am not proven is true). Just the fact there are assumption and hate and direct sabotage to anything she does makes me so hopeless and frustrated and angry. 

The situation could have handled very differently. She needed better ppl around her. 

I hope the movie does good for the sake of everyone who has worked on it . And biasly for Hyo, she needs it to boost her morale and honestly, at this point how much can a person suffer. She deserves the world, my beloved Hyo. 

• Like 5

Director kjw addresses the criticism towards hyo n kdw love line in the movie. Looks like that’s the most noticeable flaw. Too bad.............

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003289803

Also, i think its safe to say only hyo knows what’s good for her. We all here talk abt our personal wishes and tastes for her but in the end, we hardly knw anything abt them and we leave the final decision to hyo to do whatever she wants. We are all just cheerleaders wishing nothing but the absolute best in both her personal and professional life.

hyo was doing some volunteer work during the weekend.

DixQ7p6U0AACnL5?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, adamag said:

Director kjw addresses the criticism towards hyo n kdw love line in the movie. Looks like that’s the most noticeable flaw. Too bad.............

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003289803

Also, i think its safe to say only hyo knows what’s good for her. We all here talk abt our personal wishes and tastes for her but in the end, we hardly knw anything abt them and we leave the final decision to hyo to do whatever she wants. We are all just cheerleaders wishing nothing but the absolute best in both her personal and professional life.

Ya it is my wish obviously. I will support her no matter what. Been a fan for the longest time and I have been here through everything. I just wish her happiness honestly. 

What are the criticism saying? 

• Like 1

The reviewers say the melo is flat. Probably because the director chose to focus more on the action and didnt develop the romance properly. I havent heard this criticism from the average pple who have watched tho but i’ve seen reviewers mentioning the flat melo line.

• Like 1

I hope its not too flat to not even understand why this guy is risking everything for the girl. Lets wait for the conference and interview from the cast and director to clear why he chose to focus more on action. 

• Like 1

He just gave an interview. He probably focused more on action because that’s what's gonna give him the box office numbers. Melos dont do well in korea cinema. I think the melo might not be too bad, it might just be pale in comparison to everything else.

• Like 3

If you have watched the original anime. And I think thats what the critics are comparing the movie with. The melo is very important part of the movie. But I trust the director and his vision. I can understand his vision after I watch the movie myself. I will keep my judgement to myself till then.

• Like 1

I guess the reviews are more positive than I expected. It could be confusing for those who have not watched the original animation. Im Joong Kyung is supposed to be emotionless or rather expressionless. Because it is a turbulent era in the movie, most characters should have a solemn expression. And also action genre is popular in korean movies but the lacking part is that it produced subpar plot. 

• Like 2