Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I guess that’s true but I think the victim’s family should have some closure. It’s a very unfortunate and very sad thing that happened to them. Ultimately, they’re the only ones who deserve an explanation and an apology, not the Knetz. 

I hope she addresses it though :/ I still like her but it definitely puts a blemish on my perception of her. 

@adeleyam: Can you explain why you think it’s not her brother’s fault? You can PM me if you want. 

• Like 1

i agree that she should not be at fault for being in a dating rumour but guys don’t forget they are in Korea. knetz would rather have their beloved oppas being single for their life than pairing them with another woman, what’s more an actress with the “scandal” breathing down her neck. 

regarding her brother, i’ve read about it in weibo and stuff but i prefer not to mention anything cuz it’s just sensitive. all i can say it’s neither her nor her brother’s fault. knetz just like to blame everyone and anyone.

• Like 2

I agree not talking about her brother scandal now, what we have read is from knetz’ pov, it might be right or might also be wrong, might be on point but might be exaggerated.Who knows if Hyojoo or her family hasnt really reached out to the victim’s family? Nobody knows 100% of what happened so judging her, or her family with only knowing one side of the story, doesn’t  make us any different from these knetz lambasting her in naver.

I may be a new fan, but I like her because I felt like she is a genuinely nice person. You can’t fault her except the repetitive brother scandal, we havent also heard any attitude issues about her from her co stars. So yeah, I like her and will not judge her upon reading only one side of the story. I will not let my perception on her tarnish a bit unless I am 100% sure of the story.

• Like 3

I really hope she didn't ask her agency to delete those articles herself. If she did then it completely changes my perspective of her, yet again, I can kinda understand where she's coming from. Sometimes people will do anything to protect their loved ones even if they don't deserve it. 

BTW, I'm not too familiar with KDW, but is he the type that really cares about his public image? All this attention they're getting from knetz is negative, I have yet to see some positive comments. I do wonder if it will affect their rs...of course, he has his own scandal, but I don't consider it nearly as bad as hers. 

• Like 1

Just now, adamag said:

If they are dating and this affects their relationship then they shouldnt be dating in the first place.

True. Its not this is a new issue. But if they are just really friends, wew poor Hyojoo has to suffer a lot of these sns lambast for no reason.

• Like 1

If her bro did bully the soldier to death.. he should be the one to apologise and admit for what he did. 

Netizens are outsider who do not know the truth about that scandal. From my perspective.. they are no different from a bully with their toxic comments. I can't stand them being righteous about such things. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, adamag said:

If they are dating and this affects their relationship then they shouldnt be dating in the first place.

True. 

I always feel a little bit better about her brother’s scandal when I remember LSG is her boy BFF. The nation’s golden son who still vocally supported her throughout his military service. There’s more to the story that neither party feel comfortable talking about so just gotta let it be, I guess. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ohnoitscindy said:

I always feel a little bit better about her brother’s scandal when I remember LSG is her boy BFF. The nation’s golden son who still vocally supported her throughout his military service. There’s more to the story that neither party feel comfortable talking about so just gotta let it be, I guess. 

Honestly no one knws how grateful I am to LSG. Whenever i see him voicing out his friendship to hyo, it warms my heart. Still surprised he sent her a video message from the military lol. It sometimes feels like he knows something we dont.

• Like 2

Guest kaz11

@ohnoitscindy, top comment of the link you posted -- I don't think that's her brother's case... I read about the case on HHJ baidu that time and it's all with the help of google translate, I think her brother was put on trial/there was an investigation and he was found not guilty. But I am just an outsider and not Korean, so it's hard to form an opinion about a case that I don't fully understand.

Whatever she does, dating rumor or just her being in the news, the same thing will happen, netizens will comment about it. It's just something she has to live with if she still wants to be in the spotlight. Fangirls against her dating their precious oppa is the least of my worries. Like some of you, I was disappointed in her when she did not address the issues, I even stopped following her activities for a while...  but I still believe she's a good person who made a mistake in handling things. Everyone makes mistakes but I really hope that she, in her own way, was able to make amends in private.  I just hope that the victim's family got their closure, and hope for justice, too, if there was a crime committed.

@kaz11: That's the story I read too a long time ago when it first came out... That there was a trial but he was found not guilty... So I don't know what the story is but also hope that the victim's family got their closure and hopefully Hyo Joo was able to make amends to them privately. 

@adamag: Yes, her friendship with LSG is so endearing. I love that they're still best friends after so many years. Like I said, I think there is more to the story than what we know. I don't think someone like him would remain friends with her if she was truly an accomplice in all that happened. 

On the bright side, she and KDW are not trending on Naver anymore lol

• Thanks 1

Guest kaz11
11 minutes ago, ohnoitscindy said:

On the bright side, she and KDW are not trending on Naver anymore lol

I'm going to concentrate on the positive things! Lol. Looking forward to my tuna-whale's next event, and a confirmation after Inrang! :p

Imagine she misses out on all the promo lol

Her labelmate from BH, Ha Yeon Soo, has her own dating scandal right now that's catching Knetz attention a bit so that helped diffuse things. 

The people at WB Korea are probably sweating bullets right now trying to figure out when to send out releases for Inrang interviews/photoshoots/etc. lmaaaaooo I do not envy them lol.

• Like 1

My playful mode is back lol. Imagine they already did a couple shoot to promote inrang y’all. Now, the fashion mag is delibrating whether to release or not. Lol

On the next inrang promo event, Hyo joo reps will just be like: due to health troubles, han hyo joo will not be present today. Am laffing y’all.

edit: she just started trending again lol.

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

Haha what"s the date and time of their next event? Too lazy and sleepy to back-read

eta: has WB Korea released new promo materials? It's Monday, lol.

They have inrang red carpet and showcase on the 18th. Press screening on 20th. 

@kaz11 they released some info about hyr character but it got completely overshadowed by the trending news. 

Besides, i bet WB is like: ‘We already have enough promo for today’......kdw-hhj not only promoted inrang but even gs was trending at some point.

• Like 1

They had Han Ye Ri today, sadly everyone is fixated on the Inrang leads issue lol more than anything else. Their article is still no.2 trending. 

If she missed out next promos, I think knetz will crucify her more (tho whatever she does, they crucify her), I just imagine her almost not breathing next to kdw :D 

Ugh, hopefully she will drop out from trending soon.  

And I think they released stills of HYR today lol

I think I saw the other day that there’ll be a VIP screening for Inrang? I could be wrong though.