Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

7 hours ago, wildaffairs said:

This?

Yep, that's the one.

34 minutes ago, adamag said:

Heard Go soo has a new drama....is it okay to ask for a reunion?lol

Haha, please this needs to happen. I miss seeing her in a drama.

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

Unfortunately, Hyojoo doesn't get a lot of love from drama bloggers. But she gets more respect on international film blogs/sites.

18 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

Hyo is a female, that’s why.But I dont care, let them.lol

K-netz are sensitive when it comes to the issue of military service. Especially the nature of "her" controversy. They will never forgive her, and she never addressed the issue.  The best thing that she can do is to give her best in what she does...

I love that tuna is smart, lol. JWS is a charming man through and through, the type that knows what to say or do whatever the situation is. But Hyo is the wittiest. Hope we get to see that side of her soon.

I have a feeling Warner Bros. is not promoting Inrang full force yet because they're currently promoting #마녀 . They better hurry, because Inrang will go head-to-head with MI6 and then you have Along with the Gods, which they're calling the front-runner for the biggest hit this year, opening on the 1st. I really want this film to be a huge hit, so she can get better offers and maybe headline another film. So, waiting for the main trailer, one where we can get more clue on her character.

If she's going to make a drama comeback I hope it's with Go Soo, too :). I love them. Or with Park Seojoon. OT, I love that my man's getting more love these days.

I believe there's going to be a kissing scene, at least,  in Inrang. What's a melo in SK without one.

They had better promote lol. Reports are already saying inrang is 19 billion won ( 19 million dollars) altho its not confirmed am betting the cost will be close to that amount. if the movie does not do as well...they will be losing a lot. Awtg2 has already regained the production cost of the two movies with how well the first one did. They are the ones who should not need to promote that much lol since the success of the first movie is the best promo already, not inrang. So far at least they have been trying to release something everyday to make the movie resonant. Today they released kim moo yeol stills...i bet tomorrow will be minho’s n maybe han yeri’s? The trailer might come on friday or next monday.

For an american movie, MI series has actually done pretty well in korea. So its not exactly a competition to ignore. Start promoting inrang!!!!!

I hope hyo gets to guest on variety shows. She promised 1N2D she will come back. They should invite her lol. Its okay if the others dont go. I dont even want her to share the attention they will give her. But it is true that if jws tags along...the episode will be funnier.

Amen to that GS-hyo reunion. The only problem is that its a medical drama.....its by a good writer tho.

There will be a kissing scene for the reasons @kaz11said lol. I also remember someone saying she saw them shooting one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interview is out....i hardly see hyojoo talking...so yeah am not gonna share it. Unless i see a clip of the one time(i think) she talks.  If others want to they can. Cant believe i waited this long to see her promote and instead they be asking jws , kmy n even minho questions before they ask her smh. Am so done.

• Sad 2

The MC introduced and only mentioned 

JWS x KDW x Minho before the VTR. lol Again, it seems like they are marketing it this way, the so called men visuals. Again, I won’t be surprised if three of them headlines a photoshoot than the main three actors.

https://t.co/Tno4fjK9aq

I am not enjoying the promo too. lol I will pray hard the Hyo finds a new interesting work soon, a drama will be good with new co stars.

She talked about two times I think, but I like that she is more relaxed here. She was laughing more naturally to JWS. She just can’t skip the promo as her name is second in the billing.lol I hope she does well in this movie (even if the movie does well, she might not be credited by media, its possible that the credit will go to kdw jws even to minho lol, sadlyf), so I pray that she can have good performance here so she can sign up to a good new project once she is ready. I am trying to stop myself from saying more things lol

Also, until when is her contract in BH? They are not posting any Inrang photos in their IG?

Isn’t Hyo going back to 2d1n to promote? Or even calling Masters (Han Ji Min called LSG one time) to promote? Knowing bros? Life bar? Who is in charge of media promotion? WB? Oh well.

A part of her 10 second focus lol

cto

• Like 3

I’m tired that the media keeps playing the men visual card. even CMH is accredited more than Hyojoo even though he’s the supporting character. (i geddit, just because he’s from a kpop grp?) 

:sweat:

anw not sure if BH is even interested in promoting (but felt quite unfair that they promoted KGE’s Byeon San and even showing the schedules ahead when the movie is to be released on July 4th), apparently they are in talks of being bought over by Kakao which is also in talks to buy Soop Ent too.. 

am searching for more news on that thou.

Am gonna rant for a while. Please excuse me lol.

I’ve been really curious n a bit upset why bh isnt even promoting her. They havent had a post abt hyo since her birthday. Its not like their page is inactive so why? 

I’ve said this before..if hyo is not in that photoshoot. Am gonna be disliking some pple for a while even those who are not at fault. Let her just get her own personal shoot. At this point...any chance to get hyo alone or with hyr is fine by me.

Too bad she cant skip this annoying promo. Is she just there to be smiling? Coz honestly that’s mostly all she’s doing. I love her smile and love to see her happy but would love to hear her talk about her role more.

That MC is ridiculous. Right now...i slightly dislike minho more than anyone. Its not his fault but yeah of all the others he’s the least deserving of attention. A handsome face is not all that matters. Dude is an idol who tries acting once in a while...has a supporting role...so how exactly is he getting more attention than an established actress. Just shoot me.

i hope she does well in this movie and gets a better project. Unless the promo gets better.....am officially washing my hands off this inrang promo. 

End of rant. Will soon regret saying all these. Will delete soon bye.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Disappointed to know that the interview focus on the (men) visual than the actual main character. Yeah they do focus on the action but somehow Hyojoo's role isn't mentioned. I don't think her (action) scenes are any lesser than the guys. She is no matter what the centre of the plot but somehow again her role is being overshadowed by the guys. I can only blame the media and the film industry for focusing on developing the male characters and neglecting the female role. I am just happy that Hyojoo is in this movie but I am not going to expect more because the more disappointed I will feel. :unsure:

• Like 3

Just like everyone else here, I'm fed up with this situation. It's okay if the media focuses on JWS and KDW since they are two of the three main characters, but what's not okay is that they're focusing more on Minho than HJ. If I didn't know better, I would think she's part of the supporting cast...I'm just tired of how the media and even her agency is acting toward her (Makes me wonder, if she's planning to re-sign with them. If not, then it would explain why they haven't posted anything about her or Inrang. Just scrolled through their instagram and it doesn't seem like they've promoted Mr. Sunshine either).

Side note: Someone on here mentioned Minho saying that he was one of the main characters, alongside JWS and KDW. At first, I was annoyed and thought he was being a bit arrogant. But now I understand why he said that. I can't really blame him when it's the media and interviewers who are the ones treating him as if he were one of the main characters while completely (well almost completely) ignoring HJ.

Another thing...it's actually irrelevant, but still I found it a bit ironic with everything going on. In the article when they talk about the possibility of Kakao acquiring BH and Soop, the author was listing the names of actors and actresses who belong to these companies, but forgot to mention HJ, one of BH's most relevant actors, while naming a few actors and actresses whose names I've never heard of. That just made me a bit more upset. Haha.  -__-

• Sad 1

Everyone is so angry/annoyed haha. It's just the beginning of promo and these interviews were all conducted right after the press conference so I'm not too annoyed yet. It's disappointing for sure, that the media/press are so focused on the male presence of the film but I think that's going to be typical in any blockbuster male-dominated action/scifi film :\ Am just hoping that the film is well written with good characterization and that there's a heart under all the explosions, shootings, car chases, etc.

I am annoyed at how little promotion WB is doing though lol. You'd think they'd be doing a lot more with the film coming out in a month. Hopefully when they do more promotions... it'll be less of a sausage fest. This promo period has really made me miss Cold Eyes promo though lol. She was very much front and center with JWS and Lee Junho stayed in his supporting cast lane lul.

But I think the studio/WB? is probably trying to limit any further revelations of Lee Yoon Hee, as the role she plays is pretty vital. In all the articles released to the press, the description for LYH is really short and generic with no mentions of her being involved with the terrorist group. They can't reveal too much about her character, especially if she's meant to be playing Im Joong Kyung as her Japanese anime counterpart was. I'd love it if the character is multilayered and that there'll be more to her than just a lonely soul who connects with the main character so I'm hoping that they keep the "twist" there. Sorry for spoilers lol. I think they did keep the "twist" because Hyo Joo has said it's a difficult character to portray, i.e. LYH being multifaceted and pulling the wool over IJK's eyes. Unfortunately with them limiting the information on the Sect/LYH, this also dampens/downplays Hyo Joo's presence in the film. 

It should get better when just the main trio are forced to promote together lol. But it could also mean more awkwardness hahahaha

As for BH Entertainment... No idea what's going on with them but perhaps Hyo Joo is setting up her own agency? I just remembered that she did purchase a building a while ago and nothing's come out about what the purpose was for... So maybe it's that... But I wouldn't mind her becoming labelmates with Gong Yoo and Gong Hyo Jin lol.

• Like 4

Guest kaz11

Don't delete your posts, girls, all your thoughts are interesting, lol. Hyojoo, I am going to unstan if you're going to accept another testosterone-filled film, three times in a row. Kidding. This is the worst promo that she's ever been in, but I've already accepted that things will go in that direction, I've known this the moment they didn't include Yeri, a respected actress. Clearly, the main actors are KDW, HHJ, JWS, KMY, with HYR and CMH (he's last in billing) as supporting actors. But that's OK, her best promo came from the director himself, when he said that in INRANG, you will see Han Hyojoo's true value as an actress. That's more than enough for me to know that our girl will shine, and maybe be a revelation in the film. So I am just going to wait for the verdict.

Also, some of you are right, it will also be up to her own agency to do the promo for her. Ever heard of media play? But tbh, I prefer it this way. I really prefer it when the actor's work and quality as an artist will do the talking, reputation is better than hype, like in Han Yeri's case.

Nice to see that she seemed more like her "normal" self in the latest video. I still want that photo shoot, lol. Give me tuna, Hyo, Woosung, Yeri, please. I shall also gladly accept just tuna-whale since they are an item in the film, hehe.

Actually I want her to try a different agency when her contract expires. At this point I cannot see her setting up her own agency.

I felt that she had more importance during Cold Eyes promo, she was close to Junho and JWS was a gentleman to her during presscon, its light and fun to watch them offcam and during promo.

I think she was not able to get close to Minho, they might not have much scenes together but he pays attention to her during interviews, I dont hate him, but I’m a bit bitter lol. I’ll shut up about kdw, with respect to his fans and shippers here lol.

Her second and last speech at that interview, I think was, she is inviting everyone to watch “these guys” then she pointed from kdw to cmh.Owww gad. lol

Can Hyo treat us with another light kind of slice of life work next time? With warmer co stars near her age so we can see her laugh more? am wondering if she is looking for new work, no trace of her next projects except for Inrang.

The director’s comment to Hyo and KMY are almost the same, seeing a different side of them, they are the baddies here I guess.

• Like 2

whenever i see anything related to minho now i roll my eyes. Dont care if its not his fault. He’s directly related to what’s making me angry lol. Spill the tea on kdw @jughead2000 this is a hyojoo thread lol. I think we all here will agree that hyo comes first before anyone else here haha. If anyone is messing up...we will address it. My bitterness is slowly spreading to jws n kdw.. more quiet hyo promo and they too will be more affected lol.

did hyo really do that? Maybe its the question they asked her. Oh god where is witty hyo? Witty hyo would have said in an oppa voice lol “everyone come and watch me not your oppa.”or something like that

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

Haha, I am not going to blame the others. It's also up to Hyo to represent herself. No matter what she feels she's out there to promote her film as well as herself to the public. I'd say, snap out of it, girl! Represent the actresses in your film! You are better than this, OK, tough love, lol.

To be honest, the only thing/person that's making these interviews somewhat bearable to watch is JWS. Saw some videos of him and HJ during 'Cold Eyes' promo and their interactions were fun to watch. He took really good care of her and would even mimic this funny dance she did during stage greetings.

As for HJ not talking, I'm not sure why she isn't making jokes like she usually does. She was always so playful with her co-stars and would even playfully hit them, but lately she's been way too reserved.

• Like 5

@adamag I think this is the video, her last statement and just tried to understand the caption.

Don’t mind me ahaha

I think its just me being bitter to all of them now lol.And I think Hyo spent the most time shooting with kdw so my bitterness spread out lol.

@solaire she must have felt uncomfortable for some reasons. what I can conclude for now is that is it not because of a romantic awkwardness that we suspected. lol

• Like 2