Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I've kind of wondered a little about her agency. Normally they are quite good at promoting her, but it seems like the past few months, it's almost like she's been forgotten? I don't remember them posting much about GS, either, and there have also been some times when there has been a whole-agency event, only...she hasn't been mentioned. I told myself it was because she was busy filming. But if they are in talks to be acquired, then maybe their whole attention is elsewhere right now. She has been with them for a loooooong time. What happens if they do get acquired? Does everyone just stay on as usual? Or do the contracts get renegotiated?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, solaire said:

Another thing...it's actually irrelevant, but still I found it a bit ironic with everything going on. In the article when they talk about the possibility of Kakao acquiring BH and Soop, the author was listing the names of actors and actresses who belong to these companies, but forgot to mention HJ, one of BH's most relevant actors, while naming a few actors and actresses whose names I've never heard of. That just made me a bit more upset. Haha.  -__-

They did list her name in the article about it on DC, here: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=drama_new2&no=4135337. Don't know about other articles, though.

• Like 1

Wonder if eng translation of webtoon will come out since they are gonna try promoting movie internationally. Words are in a picture so i cant even use internet to translate lol. Am interested in the events before the movie since its a backstory.

• Like 1

@adamag, I agree that an English translation would be nice, but in the meantime, if you install google translate on your phone, you can point it at text and tell it to take a picture, and it can translate from there. It's not perfect (especially if the font is funny or if it's handwritten), but it at least gives you something.

• Thanks 1

@adamag with regards to the last part of the interview she was asked “what do you think attracts people to watch the movie?” and then she answered that these few people sitting here (pointing from KDW to CMH) are the reasons you should watch the movie.

She gives off the impression that she’s not confident like her normal self although she looked more relaxed during the interview.

I feel that she’s not getting as close to CMH as she could with Junho as she might be afraid of his fans who can be more sasaeng as compared..?

• Like 1

I think they are downplaying HHj’s role in the promo tour because of good ole fashion gender bias and sexism. The marketing is choosing to focus on the action and thriller aspect of the film so they’ve sort of defaulted to promoting to the male glaze. Their attempts at winning over the female demo is kpop idol Choi Min Ho and the eye candy of the male cast. It’s unfortunate and frustrating. HHJ is probably really shy because there’s already a boys club around her and if she’s outspoken, netizens would probably call her a sly fox or something lol. It’s a shame, but I think the film will do her justice. The material is good and it does seem like revealing too much about her character may be going into spoiler territory—which could be another factor. Still, the subject of the film is very relevant to Korea’s political climate, which affects men and women, so it sucks the marketing is so insulting to our intelligence.

• Like 4

@adeleyam Yep she was bubbly and outspoken in her other movies press conference & interviews. I too feel that she is not like herself and a lot of times she is looking downwards and in her own thoughts. The guys are just talking among themselves and ''neglecting'' her <_< That's the vibe I get. I wish there is a better MC so she gets to talk more although she can't give spoilers. And also those evil K-netz would target her with bad comments whenever there is her movie. 

Able to also translate the part about the car crashing scene and what JWS says about her? (I think he mention her name)  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, adamag said:

@frozentundra really? I was just telling my friend that by now there’s got to be a technology that lets me translate from pictures. I’ll try it and see. Thank you very much!

It's also useful when there are Korean subtitles but not English. You have to pause the video, but it helps.  :) There's also a live translate option which is ok, but not as good as taking the picture. (The live one yields some pretty bizarre results sometimes...) 

• Like 2

Yeah!. I took screenshots n used the picture thing on google translate. It worked nicely! Was able to get the gist of the webtoon.

This is inrang’s pamphlet. The first pic is really close to first scene in anime.

Dgr-9jvU8AAOZNu?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

Honestly....i dont mind her not being close to CMH.....cmh looks more interested in being grouped with jws n kdw and being part of the praise being given to their visauls so yeah. I get that she”s still very unconfident in regards to her role but am kinda disappointed she said people should come watch it for them. She could have just said they should watch for the story. Here I am complaining of them ignoring her n she goes and ignores herself too smh. No girl dont do that again!

But hyo was the only girl in cold eyes promo and she didnt back down. She even became more manly lol and she said funny stuffs and was goofy as hell. Even with all her woojins in beauty inside..she was that way too. Thats the hyo i know n love. This hyo is a bit strange to me.

Anyway cant wait to watch the movie n I hope hyo slays.

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

Just hoping she gains back her confidence. It’s kinda painful and I must admit disappointing, too, to not only see her like that but also learn that she said those things. Even if we think she’s being left out she has been in worse situations before. Her queen role in Masquerade is nothing and she also promoted with men only (correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t recall whether Shim Eunkyung joined) and she was fine for the most part and she did her part more actively. Her role as Lee Yoonhee is promising and so is Inrang and the director even praised her. I don’t know, lol. I’ll just wait for the critics’ verdict for now. 

I thought she was strange in the GS* promo, too. Please, please, don't shoot me,  but I really didn't think it was anything to do with chemistry with kdw. (I thought they had the appropriate amount on screen with their characters, and I'm sure that they will be just as convincing on screen for Inrang. But in real life, I'm feeling less chemistry between them than I have felt when watching her interact with just about anyone else, and it's nothing to do with any other shipping preferences. Doesn't mean I'm right. Doesn't mean you're wrong. None of us are her, and none of us know her. It's just my one-person's perception is all, and I respect your right to disagree. ) It's just--the new, quiet HJ is not limited to kdw--she's just seriously way more subdued than I've ever seen her, with everyone. (And speaking of MCs, the one for the presscon was actually the same friend of hers who did her fan meeting, right? So you'd think she'd be a good one...) She's really backed off of IG, too. If her agency is busy with a merger, that can explain their quietness, I guess. But I just feel like in so many ways...it's like the HJ I have gotten to know and love, like adamag said, has disappeared somewhere. I hope she's okay. 

*(And yet...she was laughing and joking with her staff JUST before that stiff GS promo, and also the week before that, she posted all those photos and videos of meeting up with her old W staff while she was in Busan. They were laughing and having a great time together. So sometimes when she is stiff and subdued in public, she's still having fun in the background. But it's just so odd to see her so quiet in a promo event.) Maybe for GS she just felt odd because her part was only a cameo? And maybe now she is just really nervous about how people will receive this movie?? Or maybe it's just a bit of nerves because she's in a project with a bunch of people with really huge fan bases, and she doesn't want to agitate any of them?? I don't want to "own" her or decide her life for her or be invasive, but as one human to another, I just want to give her a hug and tell her to cheer up, it will be okay.

As to Inrang itself, I never saw the original movie, but I did watch highlights clips on YouTube. And it seems that quite a few scenes that they've shown from the live action version directly mirror the anime (like the one above, as you pointed out). 

• Like 2

Guest kaz11

She was a bit awkward  in GS stage greetings, in the videos that I saw, KDW is the one who’s actually interacting with her more. But her in this promo is just strange. She seems to be ok with the rest of the cast in BTS clips of both GS and Inrang though, and we’ve also seen her laughingly slap tuna. I think it’s all right to discuss our concerns and yes, disappointments and criticisms here because we care. Consider this forum as our very own group chat (though public lol), it’s not like we’re leaving invasive messages on her socmed accounts where she can read them... I hope she’s well right now. 

Anyway, I am really excited to watch Inrang, can’t wait. 

36 minutes ago, kaz11 said:

She was a bit awkward  in GS stage greetings, in the videos that I saw, KDW is the one who’s actually interacting with her more. But her in this promo is just strange. She seems to be ok with the rest of the cast in BTS clips of both GS and Inrang though, and we’ve also seen her laughingly slap tuna. I think it’s all right to discuss our concerns and yes, disappointments and criticisms here because we care. Consider this forum as our very own group chat (though public lol), it’s not like we’re leaving invasive messages on her socmed accounts where she can read them... I hope she’s well right now. 

Anyway, I am really excited to watch Inrang, can’t wait. 

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too--she seems normal in all the bts clips. But something about when she is out there doing these presentations just feels odd. And yes. We are not trying to be invasive. It's like what you said--it's just that we care. 

From all that they've shown, it looks like they did a great job on Inrang, though, so hopefully once it's out, she can put that concern behind her, at least.

• Like 1

Okay this video is the other time she talks. Its about the action scene they were filming n how kmy pushed them to the fire. She was really close to the fire tho. Thank god she came out safe. She asked for a gun after  probably to shoot kmy n director ?lol That sounds like the hyo i knw. We might have heard more if kdw had not spoken lol.

• Like 2