Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Yesssss. Where did all the people that said the ratings were gonna go down more because of her go???? Is it ghosts that watched the show and sent the ratings up haha. Actually it’s sad that the show’s airing time is working against them as it’s at 11 pm on Sunday when people are sleeping and tired because work starts the next day.  I say it’s pretty amazing that she managed to shoot those numbers up!EfBBpX6UcAAjXSU?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Ooh, I'm glad to see the ratings! I've been watching DC comments and also the comments in the videos on the TVN YouTube channel and yeah, there are a few nasties in there, but so MANY people are charmed by seeing her again in this show. It's nice. Quite a few people asking why she's not doing a drama, and wishing she would. It was a good idea to have her on as a guest. :)

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Lee Seung Gi And Han Hyo Joo Talk About Their Long-Standing Friendship Since Debuting On The Same Show

Lee Seung Gi And Han Hyo Joo Talk About Their Long-Standing Friendship Since Debuting On The Same Show

Aug 10, 2020  by S. Cho

Lee Seung Gi and Han Hyo Joo recently spoke about their long-lasting friendship!

On the August 9 episode of tvN’s “Hometown Flex,” Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun traveled to the city of Chungju, where they met up with actors Han Hyo Joo and Lee Beom Soo.

“Hometown Flex” is a variety program that follows Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun around various cities in Korea as they meet up with celebrities who grew up there to help introduce them to the area.

In an interview before her appearance on the show, Han Hyo Joo shared, “I felt a lot of pressure after deciding [to appear on the program]. Since I only went back and forth between school, cram school, and my house [while I lived here], I don’t know my way around Chungju that well. However, I’ll try my best to take responsibility and do a good job of introducing the city.”

Hometown-Flex-3.jpg

After the stars had met up, Lee Seung Gi brought up his close friendship with Han Hyo Joo. He explained, “You can look at it as me and Hyo Joo being members of the same social circle. We see each other often with our other friends born in 1987, and we graduated from the same university. We also made our debut in the same show. It was ‘Nonstop.'”

He added, “Hyo Joo was really nervous before coming on this show.” Han Hyo Joo agreed, “It did make me worry. I began to think that I didn’t know much about Chungju, so I started studying.” Laughing, she added, “While studying, I discovered the acreage and population of Chungju.”

Hometown-Flex-2.jpg

When asked whether they had any preconceptions about people from Chungju, Lee Seung Gi mentioned that some people say it’s hard to know their true feelings. Explaining the unique way that people in Chungju express themselves, Lee Beom Soo shared, “When people ask stuff like, ‘Do you want this? Do you want to eat this?’ they never immediately respond, ‘Yes, I want it!’ as if they had been waiting to be asked.”

Han Hyo Joo added, “If someone asks something like ‘Do you want this?’ or “Do you want to eat this?’ they first say, ‘No, that’s okay.’ But you can’t end [the questioning] there. You have to ask one more time, ‘Really? Are you sure?’ Then they’ll say, ‘No, it’s okay, I don’t need to eat that.’ But you still have to ask one more time. You have to ask at least three times.”

Lee Beom Soo explained that if someone stopped asking after being turned down once, people in Chungju might think the offer hadn’t been sincere. “If that person doesn’t keep asking,” he said, “they might think, ‘So he didn’t really mean it when he asked.'”

Lee Seung Gi commented to Han Hyo Joo, “This is making me rethink everything about you.” He clarified, “For example, when I ask Hyo Joo to hang out on a certain day. [Her responses] can be a bit ambiguous, so I assume she doesn’t want to hang out, and I make other plans. But then she’ll contact me on that day and ask, ‘What are you up to?'”

Han Hyo Joo hilariously responded, “You should’ve asked me three times.” Lee Seung Gi continued, “She has a thing where she doesn’t give you a definite answer the first time.” Lee Beom Soo explained, “We don’t pinpoint exact details in one go. We think that’s too much pressure. If someone were to suddenly ask, ‘Hey, let’s meet up on August 17 at 3 p.m.,’ I’d be like, ‘Huh?’ How do I know exactly what I’ll be doing on August 17 at 3 p.m.?”

Lee-Seung-Gi-Han-Hyo-Joo1.jpg

tvN’s “Hometown Flex” airs every Sunday at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source https://www.soompi.com/article/1418091wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-han-hyo-joo-talk-about-their-long-standing-friendship-since-debuting-on-the-same-show

Oh, there are a lot of articles in Naver about it! Yes, talking about the highest ratings of the show yet, and also that Hyo Joo donated her entire performance fee to the Cheongju New Life Support Center (it helps unwed mothers, fathers, single parents, etc.) 

I've only gotten to see clips, but I especially liked the part where they went to her old school and she sort of teared up talking about the town. Even though beforehand she said she didn't think she knew a lot about Cheongju (she just went to school and hagwon and home), when she was there talking about it, she got a bit emotional and was grateful to the place that raised her and then let her to pursue her dreams. That kind of appreciativeness is one of the things I like about her. :)

• Like 1

Finally had the chance to see the full episode. Very enjoyable, and I'm glad Hyo Joo is coming back for another round. It's been a long time since we've gotten to see her running around more or less unscripted. I've really missed that!

Just a few (few? er, sorry, they are getting long :) )thoughts as I was watching:

She really is from Cheongju, no? When they were talking about how people aren't direct there, they want to feel around and check out the other person's true intentions, they don't like direct conflict, etc., I thought, yep, that's HJ. It's something I've noticed about her. Not only does she have good "nunchi" (a good sense for the mood/thoughts of another person), but she really does NOT like direct conflict, and has even said so straight out. She'd rather solve problems by influencing the matter gently and indirectly. 

When she said she didn't really understand art, I didn't really believe her, lol, as she is always going to art museums and seems to love it. Her drawing was great and reminded me of the ones she and Lee Jong Suk did in the W promo. (Once again--she can draw people accurately, but she is very hard to draw herself. Ummm I can agree with that...)

When they all went to get in the car and drive around Cheongju, did anyone else remember the opening ride from the airport in Brilliant Legacy and think, DON'T give the keys to Hyo Joo? :D

Loved the moment when she sort of teared up thinking about her town, as I said above.

As to her interaction with LSG, that was so warm and interesting to watch! It's the same feeling I got from them when doing promo 11 years ago for BL. I've always understood her to be a very loyal (if quiet) person; she doesn't just connect with people and then walk away, and that is very obvious here. Maybe people are not writing tabloid articles about it, but she carries on with "her" people privately all the same. Then and now both, I don't see a shred of romantic interest at all between them, but they have this beautiful kind of lifelong friendship that will likely have their kids calling the other person Aunt Hyo Joo or Uncle Seunggi someday. I *really* like Seunggi; he's the kind of person who is who he says he is, and is inclusive and friendly without being overbearing. I'm glad they are in each other's lives. 

My last observation isn't on the program itself, but every time HJ is on screen again, it seems all the crazies come out. It's a good thing I don't comment on Korean sites because sometimes I really just want to say KUEMANHAE JIGUEM and enough is enough! But what I notice that is different this time is that she has quite a few Korean fans who are sticking up for her and saying the very things I wish I could... Of course this episode had the best ratings yet, and of course that is largely due to our girl being on as a guest, and quite a few people must like her if they tuned in. So the number of people who like her far exceed the few loud and nasty trolls. But it's just heartening to see people calling out the trolls and supporting her as well. 

Han Hyo Joo fighting! Seriously, she is awesome. <3

• Like 1

The episode was fun and this is a honest review that is not even based on being a hyo fan. It was nice to see her in all her glory. She was smiling, making jokes and being competitive and it was just beautiful. She and Seunggi’s relationship is just *chef kiss*. The way they bicker and then care for each other was really a delight to watch. I’m glad we got Seunggi for this appearance because he spilled some tea about Hyo we probably couldn’t have gotten anywhere else.

Prior to the episode airing, one of her videos got popular on naver and started a series of harsh comments that continued as the show broadcasted live. I kept wondering why the video’s views were increasing if people were so sure they weren’t interested in seeing her face haha. One thing I know is that bad impressions tend to last longer than good ones and that’s probably why it feels like all she got were bad responses but you can feel the love from the views she got, the popularity she’s given the show and all the products she wore in it and also how she trended all day after the episode and even yesterday during the rerun.

Also naver seems to have a bunch of comments that you won’t find on youtube where her video has almost 1M views by the way (yay!). Comments there by koreans are much more nicer and sweet and even on twitter.

In the end, I’m just happy to see her because it’s been longggggggg. Pirates 2 has started filming and I’ve seen some random pics about their filming locations.

Pirates 2 shots so far:

EfJjUAhXgAMEvGw?format=jpg&name=medium
EfJi5eyWAAA6aXc?format=jpg&name=medium

EfJiRqtXoAU1KtG?format=jpg&name=mediumEevnhIhUYAAV6HQ?format=jpg&name=medium
EevnhIiUcAIVMTy?format=jpg&name=medium

EevnhJmU4AEe-ky?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

Was a little disappointed in ep 6 of HTF although I love Hyojoo’s style.. the editing seems weird(?) and it really affected the ratings of it. (Worst to date) :crymeme:

I love how cool she is when LSG said about her being old when younger. Lmao

anyways,

Han Hyo Joo’s Childhood Friends Share What She Was Like When She Was Younger

By S.Cho | Soompi

3d5c2f8831d748bbb8f20863bf2333b7.jpeg?s=

Han Hyo Joo’s hometown friends have shared what the actress was like as a student!

On the August 16 episode of tvN’s “Hometown Flex,” hosts Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyuntravelled around the city of Chungju with Han Hyo Joo and Lee Beom Soo.

During the episode, Han Hyo Joo’s childhood friends made a surprise appearance and shared stories from her younger days. They commented, “Rather than being pretty, she was more good-looking. She was really good at physical education. She always placed first in races.”

Han-Hyo-Joo-2.jpg

They added, “Although she was in middle school, she would receive attention from college students.” Shocked, Han Hyo Joo asked, “I did?” Her friends continued, “When we went to look at cherry blossoms, people would think you were a college student,” adding that she looks the same now as she did when she was younger.

Han-Hyo-Joo-1.jpg

Han Hyo Joo’s close friend Lee Seung Gi jokingly commented, “I guess you looked a little old?” The actress made everyone laugh by agreeing, “I did look a bit old.”

tvN’s “Hometown Flex” airs every Sunday at 10:50 p.m. KST.

• Like 2

I'm sad to hear that the ratings dipped. I really enjoyed this episode, it just had such a warm feeling, and several times I laughed out loud (like when she was reading off from her phone facts about Sangdangsanseong fortress and got to the part where Sukjong restored it during the Joseon period, and everyone just looked at her blankly. My nampyeon, duh!! :D (King in Dong Yi). Loved the surprise when they met "Pilgu" (what a cute kid and also excellent young actor). And the farewell at the end had me smiling as well. Overall I'm so glad they invited her on this show. It's been a long time since she's had any kind of spontaneous interviews or appearances in Korea, and it was so fun to see her warm interaction with LSG and also the others. 

• Like 2

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Via Hometown Flex tvN

Ain't she cute and pretty

Edited version of Hyo Joo cuts
in Hometown Flex Epi 6 on 16082020 - Cheongju
Part 1

giphy.gif

Via Hometown Flex tvN

Hyo Joo and her childhood friends - A few from the 7 Taengs were invited to the HF show. They described how Hyo Joo was during high school days - handsome, athletic, tall, and popular as expected. The 3 namjas were impressed and went Ohhhhh
Part 2

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome, @cee en loud

According to news reports, Hyo Joo's agency said that she had received an offer for a role in the upcoming drama Moving, an adaptation from a webtoon of the same name. She has not yet accepted the offer but is positively considering it. The drama would be aired in 2021 but so far they don't have a firm timeline as covid is interfering with, well, everything. Right now they are just focusing on casting. (As far as I know, hers is the first name to be mentioned with casting.) Source (in Korean): https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20200825/102632546/2

I went searching for this webtoon and unfortunately it seems the paid chapters are not accessible from outside Korea, and it's not on the version of Webtoons available in my country. But from the chapters I could read and from the author's summary, it's a story about parents and children with some interesting superpowers. There's a high school kid who can levitate, but no one is supposed to know. I *think* his parents were special agents of some kind, and his dad has superpowers as well. The writer talked about three parts of the story--one about the high school kid, one about the story of his parents (like...in a past timeline? not sure), and one focusing on both generations together. I am not exactly sure where HJ would fit into this, but if they are offering to her first, then it seems like it would be an important role? Maybe they are focusing on the parents' story? There was some discussion on DC about this and questions about what kind of adaptation this would be. I'm just piecing together what little information I could find, so if anyone has read this webtoon, please share about it. 

But the short answer is, yes, she has received an offer and is positively considering, although she has not accepted it yet. In the meantime, she is currently filming the movie Pirates 2. 

15 hours ago, frozentundra said:

@cee en loud Yesss, she's my favorite actress and I've really missed her in dramas. I hope this is a good one! In the meantime I'm really looking forward to the Pirates movie. The first one was really fun and this one has a great cast, so I have high hopes for it as well.

Yes me too can’t wait for her Pirate movie. I’m also hoping for her guesting in variety shows as she also good in it. I actually enjoyed her apperance in hometown flex. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cee en loud said:

Yes me too can’t wait for her Pirate movie. I’m also hoping for her guesting in variety shows as she also good in it. I actually enjoyed her apperance in hometown flex. 

I loved watching her in Hometown Flex! It's been too long since she did any kind of spontaneous interview, even. I've been hoping that she'd make an appearance in Running Man (because of the Pirates/Kwang Soo connection), but the Hometown Flex was an unexpected, welcome surprise. It made me want to watch Brilliant Legacy all over again. :)