Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I'd love it if she picked a drama as her next project... Especially if her costar is LMH... only because it means more international exposure for her which means more fans lol. But yeah, something that's more character driven than plot driven would be nice. W was a mess smh. 

Didn't she say at her fanmeeting that her schedule was packed till 2018 or 2019 or something? BICTH WHERE

I heard about the drama adaptation for BI... It doesn't really intrigue me. What I really liked about the movie was the portrayal of female sexuality and how Yi Soo dealt with the judgement of those around her for dating a "different" man all the time. I get why they had to change the drama because they probably can't afford all those cameos lol but IDK it sounds more comedic than melodramatic now with the main character having to be triggered to change bodies.

Welp. If Inrang doesn't come out here in July... at least I have Mamma Mia 2 to look forward to this month lol 

Guest kaz11

"Laughed it off." Then we can expect a more bubbly Hyo next week, lol, I actually missed that. Anyone know the time of the event?

Even Tom Cruise and others are better at promoting in their own soil, when will the Inrang team? Not saying it has something to do with the rumor but it almost feels like she's trying to stay away from the spotlight and she's always worked hard promoting. She's the female lead and not even a magazine feature? Those kind of things can be arranged by her agency, right?

Good morning from my side of the world :)

There is a new WB blog for Inrang, same old same but they have left out Hyojoo and only featured the handsome men.lol

https://t.co/WEWbLeDLmz

Woah, TC, etc going to Running Man.And Inrang peeps just casually release same old materials everyday? Why not send Minho and KMY then? I’d love it to be hj but seems like she isn’t going to any other promo soon. @kaz11 I also feel like we are waiting for a solo mag feature from her Paris trip. But man, WB really sucks in promotion. 

Glad that she laughed it off, I hope dispatch doesnt releases anything then lol.But kidding aside, then I am expecting a more comfortable and happy hyo next event (if she joins them and doesnt get sick etc lol). 

I dont mind if she picks a movie next, I want it to be a drama but the guys near her age are all in the military now and will be released next year.Gongyoo is also choosing his script, I cant think of anyone else now, I hope she gets a good work next time.PSJ has a horror movie after WSK already.

But then, such a coincidence if she really said she laughed off the rumours lol. Same as what hye kyo said.

“South Korean actress Song Hye Kyo is once again laughing off rumors of her dating "Descendants of the Sun" co-star, Song Joong Ki.”

So if they address the rumour next interview, I would expect a laughing Hyo and would hear the same words from Hye kyo.Cant they share a meal as they have been working together for almost a year? hahaha

Oh well, at least our girlie enjoyed her break and holidays wherever whoever she is with.After Inrang, all of these will die down and go back to normal, especially if KDW gets busy shooting his hollywood debut. Our girl moves on to her next project as well, paired with another ship, and her personal life is hers, whether it works out or not.

She hasn't been bubbly and playful in a public setting in a long while lol. Not going to hope for too much next week. I just want to see her glowing and smiling. And the red carpet starts at 7:15PM and showcase is at 8:40PM on the 18th. 

Lol at SHK's also laughing off her rumors. So many parallels. Well, whether or not whale is dating tuna, we will never know unless they announce they're getting married or Dispatch catches them lol. I'd rather Dispatch stay out of their lives though. 

If she is just buddies with KDW, why has she been acting so weird and awkward lately in front of cameras with him? I would believe them to just be dining out as friends if they hadn't gotten caught halfway across the world. Add in the other 2 instances where she was snapped dining with him and GS colleagues and apparently KDW skipped out on 1987 promo on one of those instances. 

The only advantage Inrang has over AWTG2 and TSGN is that it's coming out first. Three huge summer blockbusters (well, not really the case for TSGN) coming out a week after another is similar to US releases of Avengers 3, Deadpool 2, and Solo. Solo flopped partly because most people can't afford to watch so many movies so close to each other. Inrang is in an awkward middle position though because AWTG2 is obviously going to be the one that makes the most money while TSGN will probably be the more critically acclaimed one. Off-topic but I watched AWTG last night with the bf and we did not enjoy it lol Beautiful CGI and hair/makeup/wardrobing though. 

At this point, I just want Inrang era to be over cuz it's lasted for nearly a year.  

I'd like to see her in a horror/thriller film. Something like The Wailing would be amazing.

ETA: Also would like to add that I wish she'd switch up her style a bit and stop wearing mid-length skirts. I miss seeing her in A-line dresses. Though one of my favorite looks from her is that Gucci green dress she wore at the C'est Si Bon press conference. 

Also, what happened to that merging of BH Ent and Kakao?

@ohnoitscindy I dont think we are getting anything from her.Whatever the truth is,I can sense that hyojoo is trying hard to protect her privacy. In her long time career, she had succeeded to protect her personal life until now, so she must be very good at it. Even in her cinema21 interview, she is reiterating that kdw and her just talk about work on the set, even obviously she has hanged out with him couple of times. She didnt even mentioned like he is a good sunbae and we share interest in food, etc. I am not a tuna-whale shipper but I am convinced she is trying to hide something, and lets respect that. :)

But of course, we can continue to make fun of her like our own sister, lol.

And yes, I hope she comes out smiling and shining in public next event. She had a lot of time to prepare hehehe.

And yeah, Inrang phase is ending, we will surely hear new work from her soon.Perhaps that hollywood gig? hahaha

The reviews i have seen from TSGN from cannes sound like they are saying its a boring film but they keep saying it nicely haha. Heard its super long-too. But koreans kinda likes boring films sometimes so who knows?..........

Am surprised @ohnoitscindy, that you guys thought awtg has beautiful cgi lol. The only thing that sved that movie for me was its story, the cgi didnt look that great for the most expensive k movie last year haha

2 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

There is a new WB blog for Inrang, same old same but they have left out Hyojoo and only featured the handsome men.lol

I keep saying this jokingly but no one can know to what extent i dislike WB.

Acting- growth wise, there’s a ton of talented pple in chugmuro hyo hasnt gotten to work with yet both on the male and female side. K movies in general show much advanced acting than dramas. Pple like jeon do yeon, kim hye soo, son ye jin, jun ji hyun, hwang jung min, jo jin woong, ha jung woo, choi min sik, song kang ho and many many others. I hope she can make a movie with them and not only learn more but partake in good projects. Honestly, the only thing i think kdramas offer, most of the time, is international popularity and cfs. For the most part, dramas encourage overacting and little room for growth. Most of the popular male hallyu guys n gals who have remained in dramas in my opinion havent showed acting growth in years. I personally dont think that highly of hallyu people these days because honestly after some time, I need more than looks to be interested. Of course there are a few dramas that are an exception but they are few indeed. I want hyo working in one of those if she decides on a drama. But if the only drama offers she gets are those cheesy, loud, over the top ones, please skip. She talked about choosing a movie with a social message, i think that’s cool. 

• LOL 1

Ah, I didn't read up on the reviews for TSGN. I just knew it premiered at Cannes so assumed it got good reviews lol. 

Well, the CGI in AWTG was a lot better than what I saw in the trailers so I was pleasantly surprised it looked pretty decent for a SK film lol. It looks better than a Zach Snyder film that has a budget of $100m+ so lul. & We thought the plot was super predictable and had the typical SK emotional manipulation esp the ending with the mom. We didn't care too much about the brother subplot either. JJH's acting was bad lol.

Yeah, I'd like to see her work with the god tier Chungmuro actors/actresses and directors. Hyo and KDW should star in a KES drama so that they can both improve their public images lul.

@ohnoitscindy you know those kinda reviews that are trying to stay positive n nicely say something is draggy n slow. To me, that’s the kind of reviews TSGN got. Haha.

Agree on JJH acting being bad haha. I personally like the brother subplot and the ending. Am curious if awtg will fall victim to “the second movie isnt as good as the first” category that many movies have fallen into.

KES has been asking KDW for long lol. Maybe if inrang flops, he might finally answer her haha. Am not ready for hyo to go through a drama that only focuses on the male actor a second time lol.

inrang fighting.

Guest kaz11

Tuna-whale. What I think hasn’t changed lol. And I agree that we’ll never know anything unless she’s getting married or the dreaded Dispatch actually has something hard to deny. Only in SK. 

Regarding her next project or role, I just want her to break her image. She’s had her melo-queen-innocent-elegant image for the longest time and while it did her career good, in my opinion, it really limited her as an actor. Reinvent herself, perhaps pick an antagonist. Play the kind of female characters in films that she recommends and likes. Play an unattractive woman. I need her to have more courage, she has clout. 

Right? I actually watched from that account now because its the best source but yeah i love this. It looks like we cant figure out whose side she’s on. Looks like she cant even figure it out too. She is indeed mysterious and I am beginning to see why the character was hard to play.

From the tone, i think hyo is definitely dying at the end lol.

• Like 1

@adamag hmm, yeah.I think its still faithful to the anime.Initially she is a spy, because she was caught by KMY, used against IJK, then when that encounter came, JK saved her from being killed by one if KMY’s side. And yes she is confused who to blame, where to side.

Yep, I now undestand why its hard, she really has to show nuances and depth to show LYH’s struggle and confusion. But it make sense, that yes she will be killed at the end.She looks fine in the trailer, I hope she gives off more spot on nuances in the movie itself and gain positive reviews.

Han Yeri and Minho have an action scene! Seems like HYR will be killed early too.