Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

They have only been advertising the action part of inrang, what of the melo lol? I know its not as big and sellable as the action but the melo is important for making the movie have resonance in people’s mind. Whenever I feel an emotional connection to a movie, I enjoy it more. There should release some couple stills. We still dont havent even seen one romantic clip from a movie that supposedly has a tragic romance smh.

Dh6y0R9UcAABHCK.jpg

Dh6yzzrU8AEwjU1?format=jpg&name=large

Our friends of the week lol. I still dont like that he’s helping her climb over the window in the movie but yeah yeah. Hopefully lee yeon hee shows us she can do much more.

Dh6zRGHUwAEqt9o.jpg

Extras

Dh6zWTyVAAA96qN.jpg

Probably the scene where she’s telling him they should run away. Looks like one from anime.

Dh6u-zoUEAAxuf8?format=jpg&name=large

These ones are not part of script. Happens after dir kjw says “cutttttt” lol

Dh6u_gZU0AAaUH4?format=jpg&name=large

Dh6vAA1VQAAO8D5?format=jpg&name=large

Dh6vAgFUcAAQNUW?format=jpg&name=large

i find that shinsegae post funny lol. Why are they telling us to guess who when they already revealed who they are.

• Like 2

Yeah, her character so far looks like a damsel in distress :rolleyes: All the bits of them together, 95% of it is KDW holding onto her arm lol. There's even that scene where KDW is practicing fight choreography and he's holding onto Hyo Joo's arm while dodging the attacker. Like... why would he even need to hold onto her when fighting someone in close combat? lol It would be counterproductive by putting her close to the attacker.

Hopefully there's more to her than meets the eye. Really curious about the scene where she's in a car and shooting a gun. 

Interestingly enough, a lot of international fans of the anime on Reddit are hoping the remake will not all be action. They are also craving for heavy melodrama. 

They better release the CFs soon after revealing HHJ & PSJ as the new Shinsegae models. I want my BI couple 

• Like 1

I hope they have a cf shot together lol. I just realized that sometimes brand models have their own individaul cfs and never have one together. Like hyo and that guy that models for zishen. Will be sad if that happens tho. I want to see them together for real and not photoshopped. 

I think there’s a clash between retaining the original philosophical melodramatic theme of the anime and making a blockbuster that will hit big. Most of the time, philosophical movies dont do that well even though they are good because majority like seeing stuff happening when watching a movie and so they go for action. Am curious to see if this director was able to balance the two or not.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know what you mean about co-stars in CFs lol. The only CFs I remember where Hyo Joo shot a CF with the other model is for Acuvue with SJK and Samsung cameras with what's his face. But they should be in the same CF if Director Baik is directing. Like solaire said, the industry people seem to like the Hyojoo-Seojoon pairing :P 

I am worried that Inrang will not be shown overseas.. There have been no news of it... My local CGV theaters websites show that they will be screening AWTG2... I'm going to be really disappointed if I don't get to see it on the big screen here.

Guest kaz11

I bet they’re going to shoot their cf separately. Just happy she got this gig. GD and Jun Jihyun were also ambassadors. 

According to this (thanks GT), the production cost of Inrang is 19 billion won. Director Kim originally wanted to cast a rookie actress but chose HJ, while tuna has been onboard since 2013. This article is about their rumor. It’s expected that the issue will not be addressed on the 18th and 20th (?). 

It will be crazy if they dont plan to release internationally, altho the dir sounded like there would be an international release. Maybe we havent recieved a confirmation because WB is slow..

dont know if anyone’s mentioned it but that tuna elle photoshoot was shot in france when he surprisingly attended cannes.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I forgot about Black Yak with JIS lol. Thanks wildaffairs. Well whether or not the CF is going to be shot with PSJ, at least it's another gig like kaz11 says. Hopefully she stays on as CF model for a while. 

19 billion won + promo/advertisement... Hopefully they can make it a box office hit...

I remember reading that there was a whole audition campaign for the role of Lee Yoon Hee or the role of the young girl. Can't remember which one it was but I know Hyo Joo got some flack from some inetz when it was announced that she had gotten the part. 

WB Korea sucks richard simmons SMH. So incompetent lol. 

And yeah, I saw that the Elle photoshoot was shot in France. I thought it was shot in Cali at first lol. Seems like KDW got all his photoshoots done way in advance of Inrang's release.

Now starting to get worried about Inrang, lol Mission Impossible Fallout is gaining super positive reviews, and its opening the same week as Inrang.

WB is such a slack, seriously. AWTG is also preparing for Imax and international screenings now and WB just keep on releasing old clips that we have already seen. Poor promo tbh. They actually gained some buzz from the dating rumour.

Anyway, when is this SSG photoshoot? Our girl looks fresh and gorge here. Her aura looks like she has recovered from LYH. lol I hope she exudes this freshness on the 18th.

@ohnoitscindy I thought of that too, I remembered JSY's interview when she was asked what is hj's reaction to her movie, and she said that hj has not watched it yet. So that explains it, she was out of the country for a business meeting.

• Like 1

Hahaha we had the same thought @adamag

Am hoping Henry Cavill's recent comments regarding #metoo movement will scare some people off but likely not, cuz Koreans don't really care too much about foreigners' messiness. I'm honestly so tired of watching the trailer for MI lol. The past few MI movies have all been the same just with different crazy dangerous stunts that Tom Cruise performs.

WB Korea really honestly is horrible. They know they have to promote heavily because of the competition... I don't understand their strategy... The most promo Inrang has gotten was from the dating rumors. SMH 

Anyway, found an old video from GS stage greeting where tuna and whale enter into their own vehicle while the rest of the cast and the director get into a separate car. I'm guessing this is what @fanaddix was talking about a while ago lol.

• Like 1

I have given up on WB . Anytime I think about them, i naturally just get angry lol. Such a waste. Cant believe they have been using the same video to promote for two weeks. Am tired of seeing the cast wearing the same clothes everytime and just saying different things.Am also tired of the MI movies. Dont think there’s any new content in it any more.

tuna-whale haha. I still laff whenever i say this. Seafood couple lmao. Maybe they had a business meeting similar to the one in LA, that’s why they entered the same car.

• Like 1

anw while browsing PMH’s IG, it seems like Hyo Joo did her SSG photoshoot on 11th june and it kinda coincide with Dir Baik’s 11th June post where they were all at Namyangju..

btw she looked extremely gorgeous in that dress...

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm tired of seeing her in that ugly green blouse lol. I really hope Inrang does well so it increases the demand for Hyo Joo so she can have the opportunities to be in better films and dramas. Just saw that Tom Cruise, Henry Cavill, and Simon Pegg will be on Running Man... RIP

No cover shoot for W Korea cuz that one guy is on the cover for August :( 

JWS in trouble again with the refugees thing.. Inrang cast is so scandalous lol.

Laughed about it huh? Then she better be in good spirits come next week! lol Want to see her glowing and smiling

Who’s that article writer’s source lol. The article feels so out of the blue lmao. I just want to see her glowing in her next event. I bet the demand for hyo right now isnt bad but i want it to go way way higher like you said.

Talking about international promo, inrang will be entering a competition

Dh-62F0UwAAWJTK?format=jpg&name=large

Dh-6-Q6UYAAY43z?format=jpg&name=900x900

Several actors have already announced they'll be starring in a new drama or film later this year. Hopefully, after 'Illang' is released, we'll hear what her plans are for the end of the year or early next year.

Personally speaking, I prefer if she does a drama since we already got two films this year.  

whatever hyo decides to do next is fine with me. I just want her playing a great character, altho i will admit that if it is a drama, i will get to see her play the character for a longer period. I just dont want her going into hibernation after all of inrang promo ends. Even tho she’s not seen a scenario she likes yet, am hoping we get to see her appear in other events. 

Oh did you guys hear of the beauty inside drama remake. They changed the plot a bit and honestly am not sure if the drama will be good since it could get messy real quick plot-wise but am hoping they do a hhj cameo.