Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest kaz11
10 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

Edit: Oh god, it'd be even worse if it was them but they've broken up lmao. It would explain why they're so awkward together during promos hahahaha

That time of the press con I wanted to say they look like a couple who have broken up , lol.

I went to naver and related search terms for her include KDW HHJ USA. Yeah, Knetz are curious. The girl could be Hyojoo, JEC (she's so pretty, btw) or somebody else. I think a dating rumor, which is not even negative since he's single, is not going to affect the film, if Inrang is good, people will see it. But 6-7 M tickets break-even point is ridiculous...

I think this is the one time in which I wish she had short hair. If she did, this mystery of "is it her or is it not" would have been solved by now lol doesn't help that both her and Jung Eun Chae are almost the same height too. 

Now, I'm scared of how well Inrang will do. At first I thought them getting 5 million admissions will be good and 6 million will be great, but after learning that's what they need in order to recover the costs of the film it seems crazy. Hopefully, what happened to Golden Slumber doesn't happen to Inrang in which it failed to reach the break even point.  

• Like 1

Although, looking at JEC’s IG account, if the photo was really taken end of May, it seems like she hasnt keft Korea. She also works as a DJ in a radio station, but who knows really. lol If not Hyojoo, then might be someone else. :D  

What is quite sure is that KDW is with a girl in the photo. If its not her, its really easy to deny on her end and just brush off the rumours. 

I dont think it will go out in articles tho? 

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

Haha Hyolics' stalking skills showing at a time like this. Well, HJ makes sense, most recent co-star, tall, long hair, loves to wear black and eat Japanese food and I'm not saying this cause I'm a shipper, lmao.

Hope 6-7 M (moviegoers) is not the break-even point...

In other news, in a recent survey Koreans voted him as the second most handsome star.:D JWS is fourth on the list.

Disagree with that survey. Jws is visually superior lol to me. Well inrang had a high budget n am betting those suits werent cheap. Also the filming studio was massive lol. Actually a lot of big name blockbusters that come out during the summer have had similar break even points. Battleship island had it, i think Assasination too awtg entire budget was 40 million plus. The first movie had a high break even point too. The spy gone north which is inrang competition along with awtg2 is also high budget. You can tell from production size that inrang is hoping for 10 million. The WB director hinted at it. Now whether they can get it or not is the big ? Am hoping they do.

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

"With a budget of KRW 10 billion (USD 8.7 million), KIM’s Jin-Roh adaptation..."

https://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?blbdComCd=601006&seq=4200&mode=VIEW

If this is true Inrang and GS had roughly the same budget. Right?

From same article:

"The Age of Shadows debuted at the Venice International Film Festival and was a major hit in Korea, welcoming 7.5 million viewers (USD 53.19 million)."

9 hours ago, solaire said:

Been wondering if we'll get a HJ and KDW dating rumor. The awkwardness between them was kinda suspicious, reminded me of SongSong where fans thought SongSong wouldn't have any chemistry based on their interaction during the presscon but little did they know. Not saying HJ and KDW are dating, but it's a possibility and could explain quite a few things like where she disappeared to and her behavior toward KDW.

Anyway, if they are dating then let's hope the news isn't released during the premiere date and completely overshadows the film because that will be a mess and make things awkward for everyone.

Edit: just saw the picture and idk could be either HJ or JEC. 

Yeah could be a possibility. I thought their awkwardness differently. Given how KDW tease her with her beauty, it could not be anything negative. I would like to think that way or I could be thinking too much. :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah his last movie got 7.5 milion viewers and its wasnt released during summer, i think it was during chosun. Thats how he was probably able to convince WB to sponsor him for inrang lol. Inrang’s budget is way more than 10 million usd. I remember WB director saying its almost 20 mil. Maybe am wrong *shrugs* 

The main factor to consider now is the competition after putting aside the movie’s quality. Like because of how jampacked the movies release dates are, there’s less room to get as many viewers as one would get if it was alone. It happened to jws’s last movie. Will be sad if it happens to him again.

@wildaffairsYeah i was thinking the exact same thing. Like no way they just broke up n he’s there teasing her abt her beauty. That would be weird lol! Also the way hyo responded to the tease tho...laughing n giggling.

• Like 1

Well, I'm sure premiering the film overseas helps a lot with gaining revenue. But there have been no news on Inrang being shown internationally yet though...

Golden Slumber dug themselves into a deeper hole by acquiring the rights to the Golden Slumbers song by Paul McCartney.. That alone was $200K USD.

It wouldn't surprise me if the breakeven point for Inrang was 6-7 million admissions. C'est Si Bon's breakeven point was like 5 million, I think?

Edit: JK it was 3 million lol nevermind.

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

I don't know how they determine the break-even point too, if for example, the film has a budget of 20 M usd and a break-even point of 8 million moviegoers. I guess it would have something to do with the theaters' share in the profit.... I don't know.

Then they need at least 10 million tickets sold to be considered a huge B.O. hit....

Goodluck to Inrang.I’m not sure but I think the genre only has a certain market, unlike AWTG.Most females and young ones would not watch Inrang (that’s why maybe they were also promoting Minho to cater this market) but Kim Jee Won also has its own cult so hopefully they can at least make a profit. WB is not doing a good promo either, not even creating a hype.

Anyway, where is Hyo amidst these speculations? Is she back in Korea? Her BH boss is currently in Paris too.

But Im glad she is travelling a lot, she went to Jeju and Paris. Hopefully when she get tired of travelling, she can remember to choose some new work lol.

• Like 1

I have something for everyone, come out guys!!! lol

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=109&aid=0003819062

:D  I remember Jongki and Hye kyo, also coincidence that they met in New York and ate with other friends. BH and YG said they are just hanging out.lol

Congratulations Hyojoo, a legit dating scandal after 10 years although was denied hahaha

Congratulations also to, Cindy and Kaz, they partly won this round lol

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG so it's confirmed that it is definitely Hyojoo but they just happen to meet together with other friends in a jap resto:lol::D:lol:

Hyojoo unnie when will you give us a good news regarding your lovelife? Pardon my excitement,i know this is not the right time for a dating news for her,but as a long time fan, hearing dating news for her makes me happy. I just hope that if that time comes,it will come out in a nice way and the netizens (esp. knetz) will accept it with happiness:P

All the best for the Inrang film,fighting:)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/08/kang-dong-won-han-hyo-joo-deny-dating-rumors/

• LOL 2

So it was her lol. First dating scandal in a long while. Am shocked lmfao. They bothe denied but yeah yeah...i dont trust people who deny anymore. I knew that pic would blow up lol.

• Like 2

@adamag lol we were just talking about it last time after the presscon.Seems like we are wrong. :D well GS days I thought there is really something going on, but changed my opinion during Inrang presscon. I just cant imagine how awkward are they gonna be on the next event.I just cant ... lmao

• LOL 1