Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I think KMY is handsome too haha. I had no idea he and Hyo Joo have worked together before. I don't remember seeing him in Iljimae. 

Hopefully they went to film those TV interviews after the press conference. 

Going by the audio from the blacked out videos they showed, it sounded like everyone got along so I'm just going to say the professional environment is to blame for the awkwardness lol.

I try to avoid reading Knetz' comments on her posts/articles lol

@adamag I knoe right, they’re fighting off their feelings for Hyo.bwahahaha 

Is that why she is trending? Knetz being in denial fans and writing off about her bro again? lol

I’m happy to see her, I always like how chill and calm she is during these events.Hope to see more of her goofy side in vlive and other promos.

• LOL 1

@ohnoitscindy dont we all. I dont read them anymore i just always know that they are bad coz its usually the same pple writing the same stuff over n over again.

i really want that bts. I hope someone leaks it. I bet they get along. I-am still laughing at hyo n kdw telling kmy to bring a gun to shoot the director lol

• LOL 1

Guest kaz11

I find KMY manly and handsome, too. They are a good-looking bunch with screen presence to carry their roles. Too bad Han Yeri's not there. I need those BTS clips and official character posters. Have to say, though, that HJ looked more awkward when she was standing alone during the photo call, lol, what's up, girl?

Hyojoo usually trends whenever she has a public appearance. 

Df8kblbVMAE1nQH.jpg

Hyo joo’s hair is very long now, I thought she had it layered after she wrapped up filming.

So Netizenbuzz likes to translate negative comments lol well to be fair, all of them look tired.Even the mighty Jung Wu Song isn’t glowing.

Oh so in the movie, KDW went to see Lee Yoon Hee to bring her sister’s belongings.In the anime, they met in the cementery I think.

I love long hair on her :) But I wouldn't mind it if she cuts it short. She hasn't had short hair in a long while

Director Kim Jee-woon's 'Inrang' unveiled to media 

By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, June 18 (Yonhap) -- Acclaimed director Kim Jee-woon's long-anticipated sci-fi thriller "Inrang" was partly unveiled to media on Monday.

Set in 2029 with the two Koreas having agreed to launch a unified government, South Korean police launches a special unit to stop an anti-reunification terrorist group called "Sect."

Feeling threatened by the growing influence of the formidable police unit, the state intelligence agency plots to destroy it. As they engage in a veiled battle, rumors that the unit has secret human weapons called "wolves" spread quickly across the country.

Director Kim Jee-woon (3rd from R) and the main cast of "Inrang" pose for photographers during a press conference to promote the film at a Seoul theater on June 18, 2018. (Yonhap)

Director Kim Jee-woon (3rd from R) and the main cast of "Inrang" pose for photographers during a press conference to promote the film at a Seoul theater on June 18, 2018. (Yonhap)

"The title 'Inrang' comes from the Korean word meaning 'werewolf.' In the movie, you can see a man who is raised to be a human weapon but is torn between conflicting values inside of him through the main character named Im Joong-kyung," Kim said during a press conference to promote the forthcoming film at a Seoul theater.

It is a Korean live-action adaptation of the Japanese animated film masterpiece "The Wolf Brigade" by Hiroyuki Okiura.

Kim said it was a "reckless decision" to remake the animated work but he made every effort not to disappoint the original movie's fans.

"The fans probably had both anticipation and anxiety for the live-action version of the film. I felt the same way. I was more anxious because I was the one who made the film and thought it was too much of a reckless decision. I knew the film is going to be criticized whether it is good or not. But this situation made me work harder than ever," he recalled.

"I never thought I would do films like this kind after 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird.' I was very sick while making the new movie and am still sick. It is the title that hurt my health the most."

Actor Gang Dong-won speaks during a press conference to promote "Inrang" at a Seoul theater on June 18, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actor Gang Dong-won speaks during a press conference to promote "Inrang" at a Seoul theater on June 18, 2018. (Yonhap)

Gang Dong-won plays Im Joong-kyung, a highly-trained member of a special police unit assigned to quell the terrorists. After "a girl in a red cape" detonated herself right in front of his eyes while on a mission to secretly carry a bomb, Im visits the girl's elder sister, Lee Yoon-hee (played by Han Hyo-joo), to deliver her belongings. After the encounter, he sways between his mission that forces him to be a beast and his feelings toward her.

It marks Gang's second work with the director after the 30-minute short film "The X," made for ScreenX immersive screening system.

"I received a call from Kim's assistant director about 2012," Gang answered when asked how he came to take the role. "I accepted the offer at that time and it took six years for the film to come out."

For the warrior role, Gang had to adapt himself to a power suit that weighs more than 40 kilograms.

"I couldn't even walk in the outfit at first, but my body felt comfortable with it after a week. And then the director asked me to run, so I ran. He later made me fight hand-to-hand with the suit on," he said.

A still from "Inrang" (Yonhap)

A still from "Inrang" (Yonhap)

Han Hyo-joo said playing Lee Yoon-hee was a big challenge for her as an actress.

"It was the most difficult role that I have ever delivered. I agonized a lot over how to carry out the role well from the very beginning because it was a very complicated character," she said. "But I gradually felt comfortable and friendly with the character, coming to understand what the director meant to express and feel the atmosphere of the set."

The film also stars Jung Woo-sung as Jang Jin-tae, chief of the training camp for the police unit, and SHINee's Choi Min-ho as Jang's right-armed man and leading member of the special police unit.

Presented by Warner Bros. Pictures, "Inrang" opens in local theaters on July 25.

sshim@yna.co.kr

(END)

source: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2018/06/18/0200000000AEN20180618007000315.html

@ohnoitscindy seems like she has a set of uniform for today, same style of top plus skirt lol just different color and design lol. Hope she gets to guest in some variety, she can bring Minho with her if KDW or JWS wont do it. I wont mind the manly KMY or Han Yeri 

Guys, I hope they keep the ending, I mean retain to kill her at the end. Reading the reviews, a lot of them are saying that the impact was at the end, so I think they will need to keep that. I also hope Hyo joo was able to deliver, reading her interviews, she really had a hard time with her role, so I hope she get good reviews from this movie. In addition, I hope she doesn’t dissapear after the movie, huhu. 

Oh @kaz11 btw, out of topic, you love Park Seo Joon right? He is slowly becoming my bias because of his new drama, lol I recommend you need to watch it lol. 

I remember some DC people before were suggesting Hyojoo for this role, its a fun drama, but PMY is doing a great job too.

I saw some bts

cto

• Like 3

Omg bts...she has shooting scene:)love it and Is that a kiss scene?(the one where she pass over the window):o

Love their interaction already..seems like Hyojoo will make us  bawl our eyes out  in this movie...anticipation arising:D can't wait to watch the whole movie.

I have mixed feelings watching it, I feel like Hyojoo did really find it difficult. She said that Lee Yoon Hee is sad, and she cannot express it well. I hope her hard work pays off, the clips look intense. She can do romcom drama in between ahahaha after this movie. Haha but I want her to take action drama lol since she already started to use a gun lol

She is very pressured on her role. And KDW comforting her, I remember Gosoo patting her at the back after the bridge scene at Love911. 

Don’t cry Hyo unnie lol She look so huggable while crying after the cut scene lol

It does look like it was very hard on her (and I remember her stylist commenting that a few months ago, too)--just look at the bit where the stylist is fixing her hair and she looks like she can't quite get ahold of herself. Good for her for taking on a hard challenge, but ahhh, next time maybe she can do something light and humorous. 

It'd be nice if the other actress came out for future promo so she wasn't the only girl. 

I also felt like the director did most of the talking. Wish I could have understood more of what he said. I'm quite positive they'll keep the original ending. I don't think this director is the kind who ties up endings with rainbow sparkly glitter...

I think she’s gonna be fine or mostly fine. Hyo’s acting strength  is actually in melodramatic characters than lively bubbly ones. Its good to take challenges she cant keep taking roles she thinks are easy all the time. But yeah i hope she chooses a lighter project next time. PSJ is love. I remember playfully shipping him n hyojoo in beauty inside and their bts. Come to think of it......i playfully ship hyo with a few pple lol. Once did a serious one with lee jong suk but now back to playful mode, its less stressful.

Is she the one shooting in the bts? I think its her. Lol. Am glad

i see they are remaking another scene in the anime with her n kdw. I think its the scene where she’s telling them to run away together. Nice to see kdw giving her support after the director says ‘cut’....shows that she got to work with good people.

• Like 1

Knowing how dedicated and passionate she is in every role she takes, i believe she will do well in this movie:)

She really love challenging her acting skills, that's what i love her the most, her diversity in acting.