Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Sorry I'm late into this group. I have lurking this thread for a long time and refrained from replying. Anyway I've been wanting to say this about the awkwardness between Hyojoo and KDW which got me perplexed what is really going on between them. Hyojoo definitely looks way more comfortable hanging out with LJS.

I don't know if anyone notice this, her bestie actually has the same birthday as KDW :S I believe she and KDW could be good friends, less the awkwardness (even if they might not be dating and seriously I don't want to start another ship after waiting for a loooooong time for her dating news). Like some of you, I am also eager to see some dating news and would be happy for her to date someone great. 

• Like 4

Re: KDW/HHJ I think they get along fine considering the two photos of them sitting next to each other while dining out with GS cast members. I think HHJ is just on her best behavior while in front of the public's eyes with him. His Korean fanbase is nuts lol. I think out of her male costars, she seems to be the most playful with LJS and YYS. She was also pretty close to JWS as well. But that's interesting that her bestie and KDW share the same birthdate. If I were into astrology, I'm sure there's some correlation there haha. 

Hopefully we get to see that side of her again during InRang promotions. My tuna-whale shipper heart wants to see cute, fun interactions between these two beautiful people :) lol I'm still waiting for a selfie! 

• Like 1

Looks like inrang took four more posters for rating today. Hope that means we’ll be getting more posters soon and this time, posters with hyo’s face on them. Wonder when they are gonna drop the trailer. Post cr to owner

• Like 3

Haha, just cause you knew what was being said in that IG video with KDW and Hyo Joo + the update on the InRang promos

Speaking of InRang promos, not sure if this is the same thing posted above but it looks like more have been approved?

Lol. In the ig video i’ve  heard that word many times in kdramas and that’s how i knew what that person was saying. I search the hangul letter for inrang on twitter to get updates n just translate them. Also google translate immediately translates anything that's not english on my phone. That’s how i have general ideas. I also cross check google’s translation with  naver’s translator. Haha. 

Yeah the four advertising things that were sent yesterday were still being reviewed in my post and have been approved already in your post...so we are just waiting for it to drop. Also one more poster was sent for rating on may 29 after the release of the other two. That one got approved since then....so all in all its five things that we’re waiting for to be released by warner bros.

We hope they release them soon.

In this article, a still photographer who has been in many movies including the director’s previous work ‘age of shadows’ said that normally a movie’s total photo file size is usually around 3-4 terabytes but inrang used more than 10 terabytes lmao. He said that, there are 50-100 of these photos that has been selected by the marketing staff for promotions. Inrang is on fire lol.

article link

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=469&aid=0000304032

• Like 3

@adamag That was a cool article. I didn't realize there was a whole career of taking movie stills as an independent photographer. 

We've been worried about the competition, but now I'm thinking maybe some of the other movies that are changing their date are worried about competing with Inrang...I feel like this director is one who unapologetically pulls out all the stops. Even just reading this article would be a bit intimidating if you had a movie going up against this.

• Like 1

@frozentundraActually the article made me think more of the people behind the screens in a production. We usually talk about the director and actors but wow! There’s a lot of other serious talented work going on from other people. I cant imagine how overwhelming it is to take so many pictures. These guys are awesome!

From what i know, the director has been preparing this work for a very long time. I think its something very special to him and i guess his goal is perfection. There were even photos of him crying at the wrap up party. He seems pretty confident and am guessing he took his time, preparing and trying to perfect every single detail. That might be one of the reasons why inrang took so long to finish filming. Most movies that are reviewing their release date are probably more worried about withgod2 than any other movie lol. The chances of that movie suceeding is pretty high. But inrang is still tough competition along with the other spy movie coming out later. Am guessing the combination of those three is something other movies will want to avoid. 

I think something that works in inrang’s favor(apart from the epic combat suits) is that it is a completely different genre from withgod2 which is a fantasy movie. So maybe people wont feel like they have to choose, they can just watch both.

• Like 1

@adamag Yes, I read something about even the script taking a very long time to get just right. After spending that much time on it, this one obviously means something to this director. Yes, Among the Gods is the most hyped film, but I dunno...when you read about this one, it starts to look a bit intimidating. Everything I have read on DC shows people with total respect for the cast, too. They are all viewed as heavyweights that people have faith in to carry the movie. I think it will do well.

Lowkey starting to really like KDW. I just watched 3 of his films this week lmao He's a phenomenal actor and so versatile. If the tuna-whale ship doesn't sail, I will go to Korea and find him for myself! LOL 

Also, I'm trying to watch director Kim Jee Woon's filmography. I've watched The Good, The Bad, The Weird before a long time ago and just watched I Saw The Devil. I'm getting even more excited about InRang now, if that's even possible lol

@frozentundra  I hope it does.

@ohnoitscindy lmao...you'll probably end up joining a long queue if you go to korea. I liked him before he and hyo even ended up starring in the same movies. I think of all his movies i have watched, a violent prosecutor is my favorite. Did you like i saw the devil? its a really bloody masterpeice. One thing i know for sure about the director is that he has style. I didnt really enjoy age of shadows as much as i would have liked but it definitely was stylish and beautiful to look at.

I've already announced him as my male Korean bae to my boyfriend lol (Hyo Joo is my Korean goddess/female Korean bae). We've watched A Violent Prosecutor (loved his character but thought the film was just alright), Kundo: Age of Rampant (his most impressive acting IMO so far from what I've seen & was highly distracted by how beautiful he and his nose are lol), and Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned (weird movie lol but beautiful visual effects) together and I watched Master (was kind of boring to me) alone. I'm just really impressed by his versatility.

Han Yeri was briefly in Kundo and Shin Eun Soo was in Vanishing Time so reunion for them to be working with KDW again in Inrang. 

I had pretty high expectations going into I Saw the Devil because I'd read how great of a film it was and how gory and explicit it was. My boyfriend wouldn't watch it with me cause he knew how explicit the film was lol. But I really enjoyed it and actually didn't think it was that bloody (the Evil Dead remake has numbed me on the gore/blood factor lol) but I was definitely squeamish during the sexual assault/rape scenes. Choi Min Sik is an absolute beast of an actor. I'm going to try to watch Age of Shadows tomorrow because it's on Netflix lol. But I've also read it's kind of boring. 

Director Kim Jee Woon definitely has style. I had a lot of fun watching The Good, The Bad, The Weird as well. I'm curious if he's also the scriptwriter for Inrang?

Yeah...master was kinda boring.... Age of shadows too was kinda boring too...took me almost a day to complete instead of the regular two hours. Am also wondering about that too. I dont think i have seen any info on who d scriptwriter is.

Hello!

I just want to share this project of Han Hyo Joo Philippines. They are planning to raise $150 for the rice wreath as a support for Inrang movie. We would like to ask for your support too since the fanclub is only composed of few members and some of them are students who couldn't afford to contribute for this project (but they are helping through collecting free hearts).

Whatever your support would be ( such as sharing this project to others or contributing for the rice wreath), we are sincerely grateful for your support and love. We believe that Han Hyo Joo would be truly grateful to receive your support for her through this project.

Here is the link (https://fanmaum.com/projects/view/2802).

Thank you very much!!! 

Love, 

Hyolics PH 

34189790_1533923173385406_60872414247455

• Like 1

Hopefully the script is good. 

Thanks for the link @Ellizac. Will try to contribute a donation when I have extra funds :) Hopefully by the end of the month lol.

Today is Hyo Joo's 14th debut anniversary!

Some more info on Inrang:

• Like 2

Due to being Hyo starved and in a K drama slump to watch lately, I have been watching Kang dong won’s works too and some of his clips. I think he is a good actor, he is manly, smart and very passionate of his craft. Honestly, his beauty isn’t my cup of tea. I watched Always yesterday too, and I think I swooned over Ji sub (and many other actors) than Kang Dong Won but also thinks he is a great guy overall. 

I watched Violent prosecutor, though he looks awkward in some of his scenes, he  was such a good actor to pull it off. I enjoyed it as much I enjoyed Cold Eyes. I also watched Maundy Thursday yesterday, he was good there! I like that, bad boy image of him the most so far, but I wasn’t hit in the core by the movie itself. lol 

I also watched some of his clips and stage greetings, he is fine. I won’t gush over him for me, he isn’t my type, lol but I want to see more of his chemistry with Hyo joo, hopefully both in Inrang and their promos. He seems to be quiet and an “I dont care” guy, so I’m curious of how their chemistry would work. 

We might see more promo stills next week. I hope this time, Hyojoo comes out to promote. And also KDW to take time off to promote, and not to leave it to JWS, HJ and Minho.It will be great to have all of the casts full on for promo.

Lol...i have a korean friend in school here who actually thinks kdw isnt handsome at all and his looks are overrated....she adores so ji sub instead. Honestly to for me, i didnt think kdw was as handsome as koreans made him out to be the first time i saw him, but he definitely wasnt ugly. it was after watching a few of his movies that I began to hype him...i like his entire package and he definitely looks more handsome in my eyes now :wub:. As for So ji sub...the first time i saw him, i swooned. He’s so manly and it was nice to see a face that wasnt the flower boys kind. I definitely love his looks more buh that”s just because my taste is different. In korean entertainment there are definitely people i find handsome/pretty but not my style...i can admire the prettiness of some k-actors buh tbh in real life, am more into handsome rather than pretty men haha. Of all hyo costars, i definitely loved the looks of Go soo and so ji sub more than the rest. Kdw follows after that. Yoo yeon seok is cute. Lee jong suk is really good looking but too pretty for me. I watched always and love 911 with one of my friends who isnt into k-ent and she was surprised to see their manly features because according to her, anytime she catches me watching a kdrama, most of the guys in it look like girls lol.

• Like 1