Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

english articles of hyo joo and KDW's new movie

Kang Dong Won, Han Hyo Joo, and more to act in new movie together

han-hyo-joo-kang-dong-won_1482427455_af_

It's the collision of visuals!

According to CJ Entertainment of new movie 'Golden Slumber (working title),' a star-studded cast has been confirmed.  The movie's side stated on December 22, "Kang Dong Won, Kim Yi Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Kim Sung Kyun, and Kim Dae Myung are confirmed for casting."

The drama centers on an ordinary man who is on the run after a giant authority claims he is an assassin.  It's based on the famous novel by Japanese writer Kotaro Isaka from 2008. 

cr : allkpop

Spoiler

Kang Dong Won, Han Hyo Joo, And More Cast In New Film “Golden Slumber”

kang-dong-won-han-hyo-joo.jpg

On December 22, a film industry source reported that Kang Dong Won and Han Hyo Joo have been cast in the upcoming film “Golden Slumber.”

“Golden Slumber” is directed by No Dong Suk and is a remake of the 2010 Japanese film of the same name based on the novel by Isaka Kotaro. The film is about a mail courier who is falsely accused of assassinating a presidential candidate.

Kang Dong Won will play the role of Kim Gun Woo, the mail courier. Han Hyo Joo will play Sun Young, his first love and a traffic news announcer.

Other actors cast in the film are Kim Ui Sung, Kim Sung Kyoon, and Kim Dae Myung. Cho Seung Woo was rumored to have been cast as well, but a source from CJ Entertainment reported on December 22, “It is not true that Cho Seung Woo will be appearing in ‘Golden Slumber.’ We asked him if he was making at least a cameo, but even that is not true.”

Kim Dae Myung plays a divorce lawyer named Jang Dong Gyu, who was in a band with Gun Woo in university and is one of his close friends. Kim Sung Kyoon plays Geum Chul, a computer repairman, while Kim Ui Sung appears as the mysterious Min who tries to help Gun Woo after he is accused.

“Golden Slumber” is expected to start filming in early 2017.

cr : soompi

• Like 10

Kang Dong-won, Han Hyo-joo sign on for manhunt thriller Golden Slumber

By girlfriday | dramabeans 

KangDongWon_HanHyoJoo1.jpg

This’ll be quite the lineup for the new film remake of Golden Slumber, a thriller based on the Isaka Kotaro novel of the same name that follows the harrowing chase of an everyman wrongfully accused of assassinating the prime minister. Kang Dong-won (Master) has signed on to headline, and Han Hyo-joo (Love, Lies) is confirmed to co-star after taking a break from films for most of the year to do the drama W–Two Worlds.

The remake will be directed by Noh Dong-seok (Boys of Tomorrow) and tells the story of an average deliveryman who gets framed for the assassination of the newly elected prime minister. He’s the innocent patsy in a massive conspiracy, but the evidence against him is so overwhelming that he’s forced to run for his life. The suspenseful story follows his first 48 hours on the run, as he searches for the true culprit and the powerful people who have conspired to pin the murder on him.

KimEuiSung_KimSungKyun_KimDaeMyung1.jpg
Kim Eui-sung, Kim Sung-kyun, Kim Dae-myung

Kang Dong-won will headline as the deliveryman, and Han Hyo-joo will play his old college classmate who now works as a radio reporter. Aw, and she’ll be reuniting with her W dad Kim Eui-sung (Yourself and Yours, Train to Busan), cast to play a mysterious man who helps Kang Dong-won. Misaeng’s Kim Dae-myung (Pandora, The Last Princess) will play another college friend of Kang’s, who was in a band with him during their school days and now works as a divorce attorney. And Kim Sung-kyun (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, Detective Hong Gil-dong) has been cast as a computer repairman. Is he also a hacker on the side? Because that could be useful to a man framed for treason.

I just like the idea of Kang Dong-won and Kim Dae-myung being in a college rock band—where’s that movie? Okay, so an Enemy of the State-style manhunt sounds pretty cool too, especially with the condensed time element of the story. There’s nothing like a good fugitive action thriller to get the heart pumping.

Golden Slumber plans to start filming early in the new year, for a 2017 release.

Via Sports Chosun

• Like 8

On 12/19/2016 at 3:31 AM, ohnoitscindy said:

Omg I need a hi-res version of this!

It seems that this was from PSJ's (birthday) fan-meeting ~ Image may contain: one or more people and people on stagectto

Hyo Joo and KDW's graduation photos. Hmm, they kinda look similar...

Image may contain: 2 people, closeup

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201612/sp20161222211451136730.htm

And an interesting tidbit: LEE Yu Jin, the lady producer responsible for casting Hyo Joo in Cold Eyes is again the producer of Golden Slumber. It's nice that they are working together again. And I smell a hit (lol). Filming begins in January 2017.

[Via HHJ Vietnam FB page]

Though its late, Merry Christmas to all hyolics! :D 

anyway our girl has earned herself another fanboy.. hahaha

“Hwarang” Trio Name Who They Want As Their “Morning Angel” On “2 Days & 1 Night”

By A.Aspera | Soompi

Park Seo Joon, ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik, and SHINee’s Choi Minho revealed their ideal “morning angels” on 2 Days & 1 Night”!

(skipping unrelated...)

The guests then shared who they wish would be their “morning angel.” Park Seo Joon named TWICE’s Sana, Park Hyung Sik chose AOA’s Hyejeong, while Choi Minho picked actress Han Hyo Joo and explained, “I liked her more after seeing her on ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ I like her wholesome image and seeing her smile.”

Minho

• Like 10

On 12/23/2016 at 5:42 AM, kaz11 said:

I just read the summary of the story and her role (if she'll play the ex) does seem like a cameo. I think the character should be interesting enough if she chose it, and the fact that Takeuchi Yuko, who is a good actress, played the original is also a plus for me.  Anyway, even if it's a small role as long as it's significant enough and functional I'm excited. The plot  seems fun and intriguing. 

i am so excited that HAN HYO JOO have a new movie but also sad because it's only a small role.I really really like her with KANG DONG WON.I want them to have more couple moments.:wub::wub::wub:

28 minutes ago, _gray_ said:

i am so excited that HAN HYO JOO have a new movie but also sad because it's only a small role.I really really like her with KANG DONG WON.I want them to have more couple moments.:wub::wub::wub:

What about small role ?????? Please explain ! 

4 hours ago, _gray_ said:

I'm not sure but I read somewhere that in the Japanese film, their characters are only together during flashback. When they were dating in college I suppose lol. I also don't know if Hyo Joo's character in the original has little screen time and I am not going to watch it, but I am curious to see how she and KDW would play off each other. 

Anyway, I am waiting for the next time that she gets to headline a female-driven film again :)

2 hours ago, kaz11 said:

I'm not sure but I read somewhere that in the Japanese film, their characters are only together during flashback. When they were dating in college I suppose lol. I also don't know if Hyo Joo's character in the original has little screen time and I am not going to watch it, but I am curious to see how she and KDW would play off each other. 

Anyway, I am waiting for the next time that she gets to headline a female-driven film again :)

That's what i'm sad about. I hope they will change the script a little only hyo joo's role.

6 hours ago, hhj22 said:

What about small role ?????? Please explain ! 

Her role in the movie is only a cameo.

@kaz11 @_gray_ : if you friends are sure , her role is small , this is not good ! but , still , we should thanking God that , finally she started her work !!! i was so worry that ,she don't ending to her rest:tears: now she started ! no problem if her role is small in this movie ! she will play other movies !!:):wub:

Another article on Hyo Joo's new movie.. really hope that the remake will add in more of her role in the movie... but it does feels like its gonna be like Masquerade, lead but with little screentime..

GANG Dong-won & HAN Hyo-joo Headline Thriller GOLDEN SLUMBER

By Pierce Conran | KOFIC 

CJ Backs Korean Version of ISAKA Kotaro Novel

pZjUSNBFOvoHgciSsEIN.png

GANG Dong-won and HAN Hyo-joo have signed on to star in the Korean film version of the Japanese novel Golden Slumber by ISAKA Kotaro. The thriller will be the fourth film by director NOH Dong-seok. NAKAMURA Yoshihiro previously made a Japanese version of the book for Toho in 2010.

In the film, GANG will play a deliveryman who is framed for the assassination of the newly elected prime minister. He becomes an unwitting pawn in a massive conspiracy and is forced to run for his life when fabricated evidence begins to mount against him. HAN will co-star as a college friend turned radio reporter.

Currently on screens in the hit Master, GANG has been on a run of hits, which also include The Priests (2015) and A Violent Prosecutor. HAN was last seen earlier this year in the period drama LOVE, LIES. Co-starring with the pair are TRAIN TO BUSAN’s KIM Eui-sung, The Phantom Detective’s KIM Sung-kyun and The Last Princess KIM Dae-myeong.

Director NOH’s debut film My Generation screened at the Berlin International Film Festival in 2005 and his follow up Boys Of Tomorrow went to the Locarno International Film Festival in 2007.

Golden Slumber is expected to go before cameras early in the new year with a release to follow later in 2017. CJ Entertainment is on board to finance and distribute the manhunt thriller.
  • Like 9

Good day hyolics!:) Just want to say merry christmas to those who celebrate it and happy happy holidays to others! 

I'm glad that our girl finally announce her next project but knowing that it seems to be a not so big role hopefully she will be in other drama/movie wherein she is really the main character.:)

Our girl really have a lot of fanboys! I'm happy to know that Minho wants her to be his morning angel! They both attend BIFF and when a saw them i had this wishful thinking that hopefully they can work together in a project! Hahaha, maybe he really notice her beauty during that time.:)

One day to go before the MBC Awards, so excited to see our gorgeous girl slaying the red carpet again! :).....Thank you chingus, i will be waiting for your updates for tomorrows big night!You are all awesome! Thank you so much for your efforts, Kamsahamnida yorobun! 

A blessed and joyous new year to all hyolics! Let's end this year with a thankful heart and welcome the new one with a BIG smile and a hopeful heart!

God bless!:heart::blush::heart:

• Like 6

A belated merry christmas and happy holidays to everyone here :)

I've been missing our girl lately so I'm very excited for tomorrow's MBC Drama Awards! Can't wait to see what she'll wear tomorrow! Hope her team makes her look incredible as it might be her last public appearance of the year! lol Let her go out with a bang! 

Congrats to Hyo Joo and her team! She made it onto Vogue Korea's Fashion Icons of 2016. She came in at #4 :) link

Also found this video of PSJ's clarification of the jealousy he felt about the other Woo-jins lol

• Like 7

she really gonna attend today's MBC AWARD? for real? haha..OK.though i dont see or missed any confirmation bout her attendance.:sweatingbullets:i'll still anticipating/waiting to see her appearance to WOW us as usual...:wub:

what's next???? can i see her in "white" today?? :)

HHJ FAN-ART (?) hehehe:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4