Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Oh god this marriage topic came up again lmao. 

Hyo Joo has said numerous times before that she wants to be in a relationship and has even said that she'd be willing to give up her career for love. It's not something a majority of us have imagined and projected onto her. We, as fans, should support and hope for her to be happy and to continue being happy in her life. For all we know, she could very well still be hurting on the inside from her brother's scandal but she is the type of person that always keeps a positive appearance so that she doesn't disrupt others. And I don't want her to feel alone during times like that when she could gain more support and love from a significant other, someone who would be way closer to her than any of us would ever be as fans.

Besides, I don't think it's out of bounds for us to discuss that we expect her to want to get married soon, when she herself has acknowledged that she wants it as well. At the end of the day, fans should support her choice to remain single or be in a relationship and eventually get married. I know I'm happy if she's happy.

But that's my two cents about this anyway. This topic always seems to strike a chord with @hhj22, who is the only one that seems to be in denial about Hyo Joo's potential love life lol

• Like 15

Hi all! I'm a lurker and I think this is my first time posting on this thread, but I'm impressed at how long it's been going on--especially since HHJ strikes me as a rather private sort of person in real life. Have to say that I've also heard her mention before that she was interested in dating. Everyone's got their own time to figure out things like that, and it's not really up to someone else to decide. Whatever she does, I wish her happiness.

Actually, I came on the thread because I just wanted a place to post my respect for her. I'm slowly working my way through all of her work, and wow, she is good! Both in her ability to play different kinds of distinct characters, and yet still having a signature stamp that lets you know this is a HHJ character. I appreciate the way she can pull viewers in and make them (us) really feel for her character without being shrieky or overdone. So as far as professional acting, I think she's top notch. But in addition to that, I've been impressed at how she interacts with people off screen. I'm in a creative profession myself, and so I can't help but notice which artists develop egos and which ones don't once they become successful. So I have a ton of respect for the way she is always supportive of others, friendly to fans, and quite modest about her considerable talent. We need more people in the world who love what they do, do it well, and bring up the people around them to a higher level, too.

If anyone on here does go to her fan event, enjoy!

• Like 9

@ohnoitscindy : don't want ending to this discuss ?????? I said , still there is not any news about her marry , so , still , we should not discussing about this ! So , 

PLEASE ENDING TO THIS DISCUSS !!!!!!!

====>>>>>>>> EEEENNNNNNDDD<<<<<<======

===>> JUST LOVE AND LOVE TO HYO JOO <<====

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Hi all! I'm a lurker and I think this is my first time posting on this thread, but I'm impressed at how long it's been going on--especially since HHJ strikes me as a rather private sort of person in real life. Have to say that I've also heard her mention before that she was interested in dating. Everyone's got their own time to figure out things like that, and it's not really up to someone else to decide. Whatever she does, I wish her happiness.

Actually, I came on the thread because I just wanted a place to post my respect for her. I'm slowly working my way through all of her work, and wow, she is good! Both in her ability to play different kinds of distinct characters, and yet still having a signature stamp that lets you know this is a HHJ character. I appreciate the way she can pull viewers in and make them (us) really feel for her character without being shrieky or overdone. So as far as professional acting, I think she's top notch. But in addition to that, I've been impressed at how she interacts with people off screen. I'm in a creative profession myself, and so I can't help but notice which artists develop egos and which ones don't once they become successful. So I have a ton of respect for the way she is always supportive of others, friendly to fans, and quite modest about her considerable talent. We need more people in the world who love what they do, do it well, and bring up the people around them to a higher level, too.

If anyone on here does go to her fan event, enjoy!

@frozentundraI very much appreciate your statements above. I can now say she is indeed has a lovely personality (100% confirmed), and she is a people person, and many love her back. You are the expert in here since as you said, you are in the creative profession, and you would know how to analyze personalities. For me too, more than the talent (and she is Talented and Smart - noticed this in her interviews) is the real person behind that talent. Combined together, HHJ is PERFECT! Haha! Love you for this, just like many others would.)

• Like 6

I think we'll know who the real Hyolics are when the time comes and Hyo Joo actually announces she is in a relationship. Lol. @hhj22, I assure you that I will no longer reply to your comments.

Also, it is nice that she is having a fan-signing event, something she has not done in ages. Korean fans must be happy :)

19 hours ago, kaz11 said:

I think we'll know who the real Hyolics are when the time comes and Hyo Joo actually announces she is in a relationship. Lol. @hhj22, I assure you that I will no longer reply to your comments.

It does not concern , to be a real hyolics,  if some day she say she is in relation !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm her real lover since long time ago ! so , this is normal that i have reaction to this discuss ! ... Thanks for don't replying to my comments !

November 8, 2016

Han Hyo Joo's interview at the "Theory" store opening.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-08%20at%209.35.4

Main gists:

- She introduced herself in Cantonese and Putonghua  

- She has very little time in Hong Kong and hopes to return for sightseeing and the Hong Kong cuisine.

- She would like the opportunity to act with Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, whose movies she has watched as a young child.

- Her thoughts as the "National Daughter-In-Law" of South Korea. 

http://www.mpshowbizchina.com/php/showbiz3.php?nodeid=1480762256673&subcate=latest&issue=20161203

Source:  LBH Baidu 

• Like 7

@vicky1 You can tell she likes people. Maybe you don't have personal experience with every single kind of role you act (at least, I hope that no actors are actually say, serial killers in real life...!), but it helps if you can draw on real feelings you've had in analogous situations. One of the things that's always stood out to me in her performances is how convincingly she plays relationships with other people, especially different kinds of family relationships. I especially liked her portrayal as noona to a kid on the autism spectrum in Brilliant Legacy--it came off as 100% real, and I wondered what kind of real life experience she must have to pull that off.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

@vicky1 You can tell she likes people. Maybe you don't have personal experience with every single kind of role you act (at least, I hope that no actors are actually say, serial killers in real life...!), but it helps if you can draw on real feelings you've had in analogous situations. One of the things that's always stood out to me in her performances is how convincingly she plays relationships with other people, especially different kinds of family relationships. I especially liked her portrayal as noona to a kid on the autism spectrum in Brilliant Legacy--it came off as 100% real, and I wondered what kind of real life experience she must have to pull that off.

I did watch the drama Brilliant Legacy, and I do remember her role as the loving sister of the boy, and yes, I would always tear up that time during their scenes together. It was both brilliant acting for both of them, but come to think of it, it must be because she is really a truly caring person so it was not just acting at all but as you described it- her natural tendency as a person to be so caring. 

• Like 7

Hi, I have been lurking in this thread for some time. Just want to say that I am posting this to show support for her and it's not only after watching W. I am actually impressed by her in Love, Lies as I don't honestly tend to feel impressed  by most korean actresses. TBH, she is one of those better actresses who is naturally good and left a deep impression. Not saying that she is 100% perfect, but definitely 90% there. ^_^ Maybe some might disagree but I do prefer to see her in more dramatic, extreme role (something like Amy dunne in Gone Girl) than the usual sacrificing female lead with a pure image thus when I saw Love Lies, I really do like her character and hope she will be even more recognised for an actress who can do a different role and being offered more challenging character. I think I do read somewhere that she also said of wanting to get a challenging role like the one in Sympathy for lady vengeance if there is a chance. :)

• Like 8

@wildaffairs yes indeed she is one of the very few korean actresses who can pull off different characters well...She isn't afraid to try new roles and she is always vocal in saying that she always want to challenge herself in terms of acting! She didn't do project/s just to gain fame but more on self-development (in terms of acting),,, i love her more for this :).... She is so passionate in her profession and a very bright and humble person to her friends/colleagues, that's why she is my one and only bias in korean industry not just bec of her beautiful looks and superb acting but more on her character as a person behind the camera!:):blush::heart:

• Like 8

6 hours ago, keisha15 said:

@wildaffairs yes indeed she is one of the very few korean actresses who can pull off different characters well...She isn't afraid to try new roles and she is always vocal in saying that she always want to challenge herself in terms of acting! She didn't do project/s just to gain fame but more on self-development (in terms of acting),,, i love her more for this :).... She is so passionate in her profession and a very bright and humble person to her friends/colleagues, that's why she is my one and only bias in korean industry not just bec of her beautiful looks and superb acting but more on her character as a person behind the camera!:):blush::heart:

Yes I believe so, I kind of notice most female lead as the fragile weaker character either in a drama or the movie which is usually overshadowed by the popularity of actor/s and appealed to the female fans. Love, Lies is actually the few movies that brings the focus on actresses thus I am glad HJ is the lead role. About her, she is indeed lovable, no doubt has the best personality and certainly no air of arrogance and that is what I love about her. I can tell when people are not being genuine and in my honest opinion, she is only the few actresses that I feel is genuine which makes her likeable.  When I know there are those who actually really dislike her, I feel puzzled as to why they would dislike someone like her. Not say they have to like her but is there anything unlikable about her :blink:

About marriage and stuffs like that, I think it is natural to talk about it. I feel that if some fans are to stop her from having thoughts about marriage then it is being unfair to her and selfish too. She doesn't have to be affected by these "obsessed" fans, and neither those who dislike her for some reason.  Her decision is what matters, there is nothing else that should stop her from deciding who she wants to be with. 

• Like 8

On 12/9/2016 at 8:25 PM, wildaffairs said:

About marriage and stuffs like that,.............

you friends , don't want ending to this discussion ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Only one way is left , ===>>> I BEG OF ALL OF YOU FRIENDS, PLEASE DO NEVER CONTINUE TO THIS DISCUSSION !....((((( NOW ENDED )))))....... JUST KEEP LOVE TO OUR GIRL...............................