Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys. the other day I saw some hyo fans freaking out over BH's 2019 Golden Lineup post cuz it didn't include her. i admit i was a little surprised myself, but apparently not every bh artist was included(?)  i guess fans are worried since she's taking a longer break than we're used to + they haven't posted about her in a long time (not that I blame them since there's nothing to post).

it'll be great if she chooses a project soon, but at the same time, I doubt she will. like someone on here said, maybe the scripts she's getting aren't that good/not many to choose from.

anyway, just for fun, when do you guys think she'll announce her next project? personally, I think we'll get good news around February/March.  

• Like 2

Her absence really stuck out to me as soon as I saw the post, too. (And people on DC discussed it as well.) Especially as you said, she's taken quite a long break and her agency hasn't mentioned her all that much lately, either. But at the same time, I felt a little bad for all of the 15 other people who WERE mentioned in the post, since it was supposed to excite viewers about their immediate, upcoming projects. My guess is that either she really, truly wants a break right now (she has worked basically nonstop since she debuted, and other people take breaks, why not her?)--either that, or something IS in the works, but they aren't saying anything until it's finalized. In any case, it's only the first week of January. Presumably, people from BH will continue to have projects throughout the year, and not just in the next couple of months. I'm sure we'll hear of other projects for the other clients who likewise were not mentioned as the year goes on. 

I hope she gets a knockout project for her next one, though, whenever that happens. 

• Like 3

Regardless of whether hyo works or not..BH sucks in promoting her....I finally saw it more clearly during inrang. She’s really been gone for so long. She didnt even post on ig to celebrate the new year with her fans. She’s also not in any fashion or side events that celebrities attend. Some weeks ago, psj had a sign in event for shinsegae but she didnt have any even tho they are both models.

i know she’s looking for action but am hoping she’s not planning on not doing anything while she waits for an opportunity. She might end up missing out on a good role. I’ve seen people on DC speculating n wondering where she is. There’s also speculation that she might be in the lee kyung hee drama coming up but in d end it’s just talk.

hopefully we will see her soon.

@solaire left with me, I want an announcement today lol but i think i agree with feb/march. The rest if the inrang cast have all started something else except her, she’s slacking.

• Like 2

@adamag I literally check those drama news accounts every day to see if there's any casting news, but sadly there is none. she's obviously not in a rush to get back to work, not that she doesn't deserve a long well-deserved break, but from a fan perspective it's boring. doesn't help that her last actual ig update was months ago (i don't count throwback pics lol). as for the lkh drama, if remember correctly, the sypnosis for that drama didn't sound interesting. I actually want her to work with nhk, but i'm going to keep my expectations low. if possible, it'll be great it she can work with the script writer of Sky Castle sometime in the future.  

• Like 2

@adamag, I have noticed all of that as well. There was a recent awards ceremony (Blue Dragon? I forget) where there were not pictures, but a Naver story mentioned in passing that she attended in the audience. But otherwise...nothing. She isn't doing many endorsements, either. (Is she done with Sooryehan? I cannot even imagine Sooryehan without her; the two are synonymous in my mind.) Even when she had no IG, she still showed up at events, people mentioned her, etc. The Kakao group just took over BH and some other agencies (I know they acquired them to some degree earlier in the year, but it's even more now), and so there have been several news stories about this in the past week or so. They always mention her name as being one of BH's clients. But I have also found it noticeable that the agency hasn't really done much to mention or promote her this year. Right now, she doesn't have any projects, it's true, but even when she did (she DID have two films come out this year, after all)--they didn't mention her much. It's like she's evaporated. And yet, she seems to be on friendly terms with her agency people, I mean, she went with several of them to that film festival in Venice last summer, etc. The various pieces don't really connect. 

The last time anyone saw her publicly was that short You Tube thing with her stylist in November, and they did say she was taking a break. So perhaps this is a deliberate sabbatical, and she wants this time off. Or like I said, maybe they are working behind the scenes but it isn't the right time to announce any new projects yet. I don't want to speculate too much because I don't know all the details, and those who do are simply quiet about it. I think that the comments about the Lee Kyung Hee drama are likely just from wishful fans. I mean, whenever I hear of a new drama being cast, I get hopeful, too. And then...nothing. 

From a fan standpoint, I want her to get a really good project that people simply love. Something that will make them forget about whatever prejudices or negative judgments they may have from the past, and see her true abilities. Right now with nothing going on, it sort of brings the crazy negative people out of the walls. But she's also a real human being even before being a public figure. And real humans sometimes need a break, too. So I hope that whatever the reason for her disappearance, that something good eventually comes out of it, and that she is doing well and comes back with a smile. 

• Like 3

@solaire Am not a fan of lkh too. Poeple say her dramas are good and honestly i tried watching them but maybe my taste has changed too drastically to enjoy such depressing story lines. Am all for nhk . I love her dramas, at least most of them. Sky castle is such a fun drama 

@frozentundra i think she’s done with sooryehan and is doing jm solutions now. If am not wrong, park min young is their new model? Am guessing new jm solutions ads will pop up later. But nothing from zishen and lipault. A lot of bh actors have dramas with jbtc this year and the lkh drama is also gonna be on jbtc i think and that’s why there are speculations but who knows? After she went abroad and came back, i honestly thought she was done vacationing but oh well i guess not.

i kind of want hyo to leave bh but she probably wont. She’s been with them for long and has close friends but if she wants to career change...it might not be too bad to consider it

• Like 2

@solaire Who is NHK? I don't see anyone with those initials tied to Sky Castle. Or maybe it's someone else? Help me, I'm confused. :)

@adamag The only LKH drama I've watched was Uncontrollably Fond, and it wasn't my kind of story. I know people who loved it to pieces, but it felt like, here's some revenge, now you're dead. I guess I was hoping for something more hopeful/happy (even a story about someone with a terminal illness can be happy, depending on how it's handled). 

Yeah, I guess it would be a bit of a conflict of interest to do both JM and Sooryehan at the same time. And I did see something about PMY taking that on. Still, it's almost impossible for me to imagine Sooryehan without HJ.

I feel like she's had a bit of a hard year. I hope 2019 is kinder to  her. Maybe something good will come from this Kakao acquisition; it sounds like they want to compete with Netflix? That appears to be the reason for acquiring all of these bigname actors/agencies.

• Like 3

Oh no noh hee kyung is just a melodrama hit writer. I recommend her dramas to you especially dear my friends and Live. In dear my friends, she writes about old people..it was my first time seeing old people as charming strong human beings despite how annoying they seem all d time haha. Sky Castle is written by someone else lol..it’s also a nice drama that’s currently airing.

indeed 2018 wasn’t nice to her. From getting dragged for a dating rumor and inrang flopping after working so hard is very sad. She might just be hesitant to step out. She also complained about how as actor hyojoo she feel like she’s tried but as woman hyojoo she feels she’s lacking. She might just be taking time off to improve herself. 

On a lighter side, the age she wanted to get married by is already by the corner..maybe she’s just dating whoever her s/o is lol

i just wish her the best. Maybe it’s sort of a good thing that she has nothing yet since recently a lot of scandals related to family members has been trending in

i have no idea what d deal with cacao is...am curious

• Like 2

@frozentundra other more familiar/popular nhk dramas which you might have heard about are,  'That's Okay, That's Love,' and 'That Winter, The Wind Blows.' 

I do think her taking a break was necessary. she needed to recharge after both movies flopped back-to-back (still don't understand why she wasted her time with Golden Slumber). Also, didn't help that every time there was an article about her, it would be plagued by mean comments. Not that I'm not expecting people to suddenly be nice to her after she makes a comeback. it actually wouldn't surprise me if the rude comments continue to strongly persist which sucks cuz it might affect the success of whatever project she's in.

• Like 2

I hope she takes on a drama role for her return. Cable. I've been watching dramas on netflix, even the not very recent ones and I am falling in love with Kdramas again. Pick a drama role, Hyojoo, does not matter whether a lead or supporting role. That way, people will get to see more of her and, if she does well, endear herself to the public again.

I honestly wish hyo was someone who tried shooting a lot of projects in a year. Even if they are just cameos, supporting roles and special appearances. Han ji min did a lot of that last year and now she’s on a roll because a few out of the many she did brought in great results. 

We all want a drama but in d end whatever she decides to do is her cup of tea. She needs to give me d strength to cheer for her.its not a good thing that her older projects are more fun than d recent ones. It sadly does not show growth

Anyway see you all when we have good news to share.

• Like 1

The Kakao thing is kind of big, they keep posting articles on it in Naver. They took over 100% shares in BH, Blossom, King Kong, a bunch of other agencies. They have music and acting stables now, and apparently they want to provide content to rival Korean Netflix. So you see...this could provide some new opportunities for BH actors. 

Because there are no new projects for her these days, the Korean comments I mostly see about her online are rehashing old prejudices. Sometimes occasionally, someone she's worked with in the past will get cast in something new, or their new show will air, and then her name comes up again (usually in a positive way, people miss her--her  name got mentioned positively a lot when Hymn of Death aired, for example, since people liked her chemistry with Lee Jong Suk, and also it was reminiscent of Love Lies). But otherwise, I feel like she needs something new and fresh to catch people's interest in a positive way. Both movies that came out last year unfortunately could have been a lot stronger in the plot department; it was hard for audiences to connect with the films themselves. I just hope she can find a good storyline that people simply love, where they are so blown away that they just CAN'T keep making the same stupid rude comments that have nothing to do with the project.

• Like 2