Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Treadstone explores "the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Operation Treadstone — a covert program that uses behavior-modification protocol to turn recruits into nearly superhuman assassins. The first season follows sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously “awakened” to resume their deadly missions."[1]

Treadstone operatives are very capable assassins. They leave no trace of their existence. Conklin states that while anyone can carry out an assassination, Treadstone agents are meant to be "invisible".

"They don't make mistakes. They don't do random. There's always an objective, always a target."
Nicky Parsons[src]

Treadstone operatives are highly trained in numerous killing techniques and the use of improvised weapons. They possess nearly superhuman levels of proficiency with firearms and other weapons. Their skills include sharpshooting, explosives, vehicle operation, and (advanced) hand-to-hand combat. All Treadstone agents have excellent observational skills, heightened target awareness, lightning reflexes, peak-human physical condition, escape-evasion abilities, and mental process which also gives them the ability to think quickly and calmly in stressful situations.

• Treadstone agents have hardly any or no speaking lines, to give the illusion that these figures are ominous.

More on the Treadstone deal. I still dont know what her role is. She might be a guest star but I am also hoping she’s one of the sleeper agents. Hopefully BH lets us know about her role soon. So maybe she really went to LA for business after all. I’m so surprised...I played many options in my head about her comeback but not this lol.

• Like 1

hyojoo in an American tv series is totally unexpected!!! but still I'm glad we got work related news. though, i am surprised that we didn't get a news article beforehand. probably would have saved me from dropping my phone lol

• Like 1

Here I was growing all bitter about the lack of updates or news on her. Seeing everyone get cast in new shows or movies and then this happens! I was just saying WHAT for a good 10 minutes after I saw the news. 

• Like 3

I think she was absolutely telling the truth about why she was there. You don't travel halfway across the world with your agency just for dinner. This has to be what they were working on. 

The sleeper agents are from all over the world, and in that picture, you have British, German, and Korean (ie HJ) actors. So far I see some cast showing up on an official cast list (looking at imdb.com), but not her name. But according to the post from Jeremy Irvine (and repeated by the agency of the German actress), I mean, she's there in Hungary with the cast while they're getting together to shoot. And if you are going to have characters from all over the world, then...get real actors from all over the world, too. So I'm hoping that more info comes out soon on just exactly what she's doing with it.

I actually love this idea. It's a step up for her, and at the same time it is not dependent on the prejudices of her home audience. Given that at least four cast members are already named, I think she probably has a supporting role, but that's not bad, either--she can still do a bit of rest or whatever (ie it's not as strenuous as filming a kdrama as the lead), and yet, it's a challenge. Also? I think she looks great in that picture. That's the active, happy, smiling HJ that I have missed. 

• Like 4

I always believed in her when she said she was in LA for business.She is honest and I am so happy that she is working so hard in this new project.Even if it is a short role I am so proud of her. Step by step she is opening her way to being international and why not she achieve being a world star like Daniel Henney. But I want to see her again in kdramas TnT .No matter what I will always support her. I will support her decisions and roles. HHJ unnie you are doing well I believe in you and I am so proud of you right now.

• Like 4

More details on her role in Treadstone :D

‘Bourne’ Drama Series ‘Treadstone’ Rounds Out Cast: Omar Metwally, Tracy Ifeachor, More

Deadline

omar-metwally-emilia-schule-hyo-joo-han-

USA Network has rounded out the cast for its straight-to series drama Treadstone, an offshoot from Universal’s Bournefranchise. The Affair star Omar MetwallyTracy Ifeachor (Quantico), Hyo Joo Han (W: Two Worlds), Gabrielle Scharnitzky (The Game) and Emilia Schüle (Berlin Station) join previously announced Jeremy Irvine and Brian J. Smith as series regulars in the drama from Heroes creator Tim Kring and Universal Cable Productions.

Written by Kring, Treadstone explores the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Operation Treadstone — a covert program that uses behavior-modification protocol to turn recruits into nearly superhuman assassins. The first season follows sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously “awakened” to resume their deadly missions.

Metwally will play Mr. Edwards, a CIA agent who was ostracized by his colleagues after making a decision that left a fellow operative dead. His willingness to make the hard choice positions him as the most qualified agent for a stealth mission.

Ifeachor will portray Tara Coleman, an investigative journalist who has turned her back on her career after getting too close to a dangerous truth. Now she must put the past behind her to get to the bottom of an international conspiracy.

Han is SoYun, a wife and mother who must make difficult choices that compromise her quiet family life in North Korea after she starts to learn about her own secret past.

Scharnitzky will play Petra, a no-nonsense Russian patriot who has committed her life to her country but has deep-seated knowledge of Russian tactics that come into play when she is betrayed.

Schüle will portray a Russian KGB agent who will stop at nothing to promote the agenda of her motherland.

Kring executive produces with Ramin Bahrani, who will direct the pilot. Ben Smith and Jeffrey Weiner executive produce on behalf of Captivate and Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas will executive produce for Imperative Entertainment (All the Money in the World); and Justin Levy (Beyond) will executive produce.

Metwally has starred for the past three seasons on The Affair and will appear in season 5 set to air later this year. He also has recurred for the past two seasons on USA’s Mr. Robot. Metwally is repped by MGMT Entertainment, Innovative, and attorney Bruce Gellman.

Ifeachor recently ended her run as the co-lead in John Strand’s political Off-Broadway play The Originalist. She will soon appear in indie feature Confetti, alongside Amy Irving and Zhu Zhu. Ifeachor is repped by APA, NB Management, VanderKloot Law, and The Artist Partnership.

Han received both the APAN Star Award and MBC Drama Award for Best Actress for her role in W: Two Worlds. She most recently appeared opposite Kang Dong Won in features Golden Slumber and Kim Jee Woon’s Wolf Brigade. Han is repped by BH Entertainment and attorney Scott E. Whitehead.

Scharnitzky’s credits include BBC’s The Game and Bonekickers opposite Hugh Bonneville and Julie Graham. She will also appear in the upcoming series Devilsopposite Patrick Dempsey. She is repped by Crawford Talents.

Schüle, the German voice of Astrid in How To Train Your Dragon, will appear in the upcoming films Traumfabrik and Narziss und Goldmund, as well as the upcoming TV movie Die Vergesslichkeit der Eichhörnchen. Schüle is repped by Spielkind and Olivia Bell Management.

• Like 3

Lol. It’s funny right? After that photo leaked, hyolics have been everywhere, now they always add her name hastag to any of the treadstone posts. So she is one of the agents! A wife and a mother! The role really sounds good! Am so happy but also a bit sad because she just became much more farther away from us. Only god knows when we will see her in sonething we can watch this year. Anyway big cheers to miss hyo!!

• Like 2