Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest kaz11

@ohnoitscindy I think she sees him as her equal :) Yes, it’s just the two of us here, lol. But I’m not going to be broken-hearted if these two are announced to be dating other people. I’ll be happy for them, I like them both individually. But it’s fun to think of possibilities :wink: 

Hmm, she does not look uncomfortable to me during the GS promo. MBC year end awards (W era) and Masquerade promo, those were the times that I’d seen her really appear uncomfortable. Of course, I can’t say I’ve seen all her interactions with her leading men but she’s generally just an easygoing girl, literally everybody in and out of the industry has said so about her. It’s probably the main reason why I stan her. Another reason is her independence. 

But wait — she said she’s going on blind dates? Not looking good for my ship then lol. Seriously, I agree that she was just trying to behave. If at this point Hyojoo still takes into account the potential hate she’ll be getting from a dating rumor with an actor then, I’ll be disappointed. I think it’s unhealthy to think of other people’s opinions too much to the point that it would affect your decisions in life.

I think the blind date comment was in answer to a question they asked her in the interview: have you ever gone on a blind date? They asked her things like, did you ever skip school? General stuff like that. I don't think there was any kind of time frame attached to it at all. Just, has this ever happened before? (The same person did an interview with Park Shin Hye a short time later, with almost the same questions. I know they hadn't seen HJ's most recent work in that country when she did the interview--HJ seemed ready and interested in talking about it, but as it hadn't aired, there was nothing to be said. So my feeling was that they were more general questions.) 

Agree that I hope she is strong enough to not care about stupid reactions to dating rumors. I mean--that kind of thing is a choice people have a right to make on their own, not because fans pressured them into (or out of) what they really wanted. And honestly, there is no shame in dating someone? It's a perfectly normal thing for members of the human race to fall in love with someone and want to be with them... (But I can also see maybe wanting to avoid getting thousands of hate messages a day, too...I mean, that is a little on the extreme side...)

• Like 1

Guest kaz11
5 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Maybe she was worried about some of the scary kdw fans? Some of them made a whole hate cafe when he kissed an actress in a drama. The two had nothing between them in real life, but fans were sending the actress a thousand hate messages a DAY. Like...that's a little scary and obsessive... 

All fandoms have scary, obsessive fans. In international fandoms you also have scary, obsessive shipper fans, Hyojoo herself has been the receiver of hate from fans of rival ships. My point is let us not single out a particular actor's fandom.

Yup like @frozentundra said, she only said she had been to a blind date before. Hyo spoke about what love is, finding love and marriage a lot last year and the year before. Its obvious she’s giving love n marriage a serious thought. Am hoping that she finds the happiness she’s looking for. As for me, am just gonna be here playfully pairing her with good looking actors. No more shipping( i might continue if i get my strength back lmao). 

38 minutes ago, kaz11 said:

@ohnoitscindy I think she sees him as her equal :) 

@kaz11 what makes you say so? 

• LOL 2

7 minutes ago, kaz11 said:

All fandoms have scary, obsessive fans. In international fandoms you also have scary, obsessive shipper fans, Hyojoo herself has been the receiver of hate from fans of rival ships. My point is let us not single out a particular actor's fandom.

This is true but i’m sure she’s not as aware of the hate internationally as she would be of the one in korea. Kdw’s korea fanbase is huge and cray cray and am sure that along with her own scandal which has made her a continuos recipient of hate, a dating news will the haters go more crazy. This also applies to jongsuk’s fanbase too which is filled with a lot of young obsessive girl fans. But her and kdw will be more scandalous lmao. They will probably be the most hated couple ever lmao along with the fact that their family scandals are similar in a way. But all these isnt enough to stop hyo from dating. Its the people who are wrong for thinking they should have a say in someone’s dating life.

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest kaz11
15 minutes ago, adamag said:

As for me, am just gonna be here playfully pairing her with good looking actors.

same actually lmao but i ship her with dongwon now :tongue: 

and you know hyo, i think she is a hopeless romantic, she always talks about love. which makes me think that she is possibly still searching. i don't know at present, though.

15 minutes ago, adamag said:

@kaz11 what makes you say so? 

she does not seem to treat him the 'hyung way', like how she is with JWS.

Guest kaz11
12 minutes ago, adamag said:

They will probably be the most hated couple ever lmao along with the fact that their family scandals are similar in a way. But all these isnt enough to stop hyo from dating. Its the people who are wrong for thinking they should have a say in someone’s dating life.

Yep.

@kaz11 oh okay! Yeah i remember she said she ‘s not the type to ask someone out if she likes someone instead she’ll make the person like her and probably make him do the asking out. Lol

kdw feels like the opposite to me...from what i’ve gotten from his interviews, that work horse probably wont date if he’s left alone lmao. He needs a push. Like someone asking him out or sumthing like that. Dude said he liked relationships where everything comes about naturally but i still dont know what that means. Lol

hyo is clearly looking for someone who will dote on her...she said she wants to be taken care of...this was one of the reasons why i was on the jongjoo ship before i retired from shipping, jong suk seemed to dote on her a lot. I’ll wait for inrang promo to see more of the tuna-whale ship

Buh seriously tho..can inrang start promoting already? My god, Am so hyo starved.

• LOL 2

Guest kaz11
25 minutes ago, adamag said:

Dude said he liked relationships where everything comes about naturally but i still dont know what that means. Lol

It means he would get to know the person first, perhaps start by being friends. 

While Hyo seems like she wants to be chased. Yes, she has said in the past that she likes people who take care of her.

Guest kaz11

Here we go:

Summer box-office preview: the 5 most highly anticipated Korean movies

SEOUL, May 28 (Yonhap) -- Summer is typically the peak season for the Korean film industry, the time when roughly one quarter of all moviegoers hit theaters. Major distributors have already competed fiercely to set the best timing for their new release.

Last year, "A Taxi Driver" about the 1980 Gwangju pro-democracy uprising was the most-viewed movie of the summer, drawing more than 10 million views. At the same time, "The Battleship Island," one of the most anticipated films of the year, was a box-office flop while "Midnight Runners" was a surprise sensation with more than 5 million views.

Here is a list of this summer's five most anticipated Korean films.

Along With the Gods 2 (Tentative title)

"Along With the Gods 2" is a sequel to the successful 2017 fantasy blockbuster "Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds," the second-most-viewed film of all time in South Korea seen by 14.41 million moviegoers. Directed by Kim Yong-hwa, the first installment of the two-part series was about a righteous firefighter (played by Cha Tae-hyun) who is judged in seven hells for 49 days after his death, guided by three grim reapers played by Ha Jung-woo, Ju Ji-hoon and Kim Hyang-gi. Part two, set to open in early August, has actor Ma Dong-seok as Seongju God (House Guardian God) helping people in addition to the three main characters. The film will be released by Lotte Entertainment.

A promotional poster for "Inrang" (Tentative title) (Yonhap)

Inrang (Tentative title)

Warner Bros. Korea recently decided to release "Inrang," (English title pending) the new feature from director Kim Jee-woon of "The Age of Shadows" (2016) and "A Bittersweet Life" (2004), in late July.

The sci-fi thriller is a Korean live-action adaptation from the Japanese animated film masterpiece "The Wolf Brigade" by Hiroyuki Okiura. Set in the distant future where South and North Korea agree to launch a unified government, the movie features confrontation between an anti-reunification terrorist group called "Sect" and a special police unit formed to stop them.

Gang Dong-won plays Im Joong-kyung, an officer assigned to quell the terrorists and Han Hyo-joo plays Lee Yoon-hee, elder sister of "the girl in red cape" who detonates a suicide bomb right in front of Im's eyes. Jung Woo-sung appears as Jang Jin-tae, chief of the training camp for the police unit.

Spoiler

A still from "The Spy Gone North" (Yonhap)

The Spy Gone North

CJ Entertainment will open spy thriller "The Spy Gone North" on Aug. 9.

Directed by Yoon Jong-bin of "Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time" (2012), "The Spy Gone North" premiered to a standing ovation in the Midnight Screenings section of the 71st Cannes Film Festival held earlier this month.

Starring Hwang Jung-min, Lee Sung-min, Cho Jin-woong and Ju Ji-hoon, the film tells the story of a South Korean spy who goes undercover as a businessman in North Korea in the 1990s to infiltrate its nuclear facilities using the codename "Black Venus." He is plagued by an inner conflict after observing the two Koreas' leaders making a secret deal to prevent liberal candidate Kim Dae-jung from winning the 1997 South Korean presidential election.

A still from "Drug King" (Yonhap)

A still from "Changgwol" (Tentative title) (Yonhap)

Drug King and Changgwol (Tentative title)

"Drug King," starring Song Kang-ho of "A Taxi Driver," and "Changgwol," starring Hyunbin of "Confidential Assignment" (2016), are also expected to get theatrical releases this summer.

"Drug King" is the latest from Woo Min-ho, who directed "Inside Men" (2015), a crime thriller seen by more than 7 million viewers nationwide.

Led by Song Kang-ho and Bae Doona, the new film is based on the true story of Lee Doo-sam, a drug dealer in Busan who was infamous in the 1970s.

"Changgwol," also known as "Rampant" is a zombie flick set in the Joseon era by director Kim Sung-hoon, who also helmed "Confidential Assignment."

The two films' distributors Showbox and the Next Entertainment World say the timing for the release of the new films are still under discussion.

sshim@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2018/05/28/0701000000AEN20180528008800315.html

Men's competition. So she plays a terrorist. Good role.

Guest kaz11

There's Bae Doona, who is an international star. But I'm also interested in this:

"Changgwol," also known as "Rampant" is a zombie flick set in the Joseon era by director Kim Sung-hoon, who also helmed "Confidential Assignment."  (This seems like a lot of fun.)

Hoping for the best. Hyojoo has had a lot of success with her summer-released films: Cold Eyes, The Beauty Inside.

I read they changed Drug King's release date to be in the winter. So... slightly less competition lol. But now she's the only woman in all these summer blockbusters. 

Anyone know which day trailers are usually dropped on in Korea? Weekday or weekend? Starving for more InRang lol

I dread when InRang promo is finished though, because Hyo Joo hasn't announced her next project yet so who knows how long we'll have to wait for her return ._. Hopefully, InRang will garner lots of attention during award season so we can see more of the cast together again. I'm sure they'll get lots of technical awards, but hopefully the main cast will get some awards as well. She was everywhere for Cold Eyes, would love to see that many appearances from her again lol 

• Like 2

Guest kaz11
6 minutes ago, ohnoitscindy said:

I read they changed Drug King's release date to be in the winter. So... slightly less competition lol. But now she's the only woman in all these summer blockbusters. 

Anyone know which day trailers are usually dropped on in Korea? Weekday or weekend? Starving for more InRang lol

Hey, that's our babe lol.

They release promo materials on weekdays, usually at the start of the week, I think. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we get stills of Hyojoo or even better, a teaser trailer. I remember with Cold Eyes we got the teaser trailer first.

True that. I certainly will be watching her movie in theaters! 

Damn, I gotta wait until at least Monday for possible new promo?! That's way too long! lol It's basically already June! They better get cracking!

• Like 1

Yeah drug king changed its release time to winter and the zombie movie is still deciding if they are gonna come out in the summer or not. Am hoping they run away too lol. The less competition, the better. Oh I was also wondering how she knew the director of believer, thanks for clearing that up @ohnoitscindy

• Like 1