Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Lol, her interactions with KDW from what we've seen of the stage greetings were so awkward. I think they get along better than what we've seen. I'm reminded of the photo Kim Eui Sung posted on his IG with Hyo Joo and KDW all dining together. KDW said on one of his Golden Slumber overseas promos that he got pretty close to Hyo Joo and the other cast members of InRang. I wonder if she's just wary of his huge fanbase so she's on her best behavior around from him in public settings. She was like this with Lee Junki and Kim Jaejoong, I remember. That plus KDW's a senior colleague so she probably can't be as playful/flirtatious and jubilant as she usually is. But for sure, I can see JWS being the mediator between her and KDW haha. He's close to KDW and he and Hyo Joo got along very well during Cold Eyes.

I'm hoping the romance is epic and angsty and tragic in InRang. I pray they have 10+m admissions lol.

I really miss Hyo Joo too. She's been MIA for so long. Hopefully the promo for InRang is insane. I want all the photoshoots, variety guestings, VIP premieres, Vlive promotions, etc. I want ALL OF ITTTTT!! I can't wait to see more of InRang.

• Like 2

@jughead2000 my thoughts exactly. I can almost bet that she’ll be sticking to jws’s side more which i dont mind because those two are dorks and I remember how fun they were to watch together during cold eye’s promotion.  The last interaction between her n jws that i’ve seen was in burberry party last year or so and in the little clip, she was playing with his hands haha. But yeah. It would also be nice to see her share her dorky side with kdw too. It will convince viewers of their chemistry and make them anticipate their romance in  the movie. Like you said, she’s easy going but kdw is obviously awkward around people especially the opposite sex lol. He was hardly near hyo in any GS promo lol. Also like @ohnoitscindy said, she’s probably wary of his huge female fanbase that’s ready to pounce on her once she gets too close lol.

I think this picture is a reflection of what promotions might be like. Look at kdw at the other side of the director while she and jws are right next together lol.

Also it would be nice if they did variety guesting. I’m sure it would be easy for her to drag jws but kdw said recently that he does not do variety because he’s not the type to get familiar with people he just met. So...

41 minutes ago, jughead2000 said:

I just missed Hyojoo and wanna see her during promo, really.lol

Same. Same.

• Like 1

Yeah her and JWS and the whole cast of Cold Eyes got along very well lol. I loved that she was able to drag JWS onto Running Man. The death note episode is one of my favorite guestings of her. JWS is just a cool guy in general lol.

I'd love to see all 3 of them have fun during promos. If they do variety guestings, I can see Choi Minho joining Hyo Joo and maybe JWS if KDW isn't into it. 

I actually think there's more awkwardness coming from Hyo Joo than from KDW. I was watching videos of their stage greetings where they stood next to each other and there were a few times where he'd say something to her and she wouldn't even look at him lol but would still nod as a reply. And then there's the videos of them walking together leaving or arriving at the theaters and she briskly walks ahead of him lol. 

I hope they can do an overseas photoshoot together for promo. Similar to what he did with SHK in Paris. He seemed pretty close to SHK but they were also rumored to be dating so lol. He is off shooting in the UK or Mexico for his Hollywood movie so maybe a magazine company sent Hyo Joo out there for a photoshoot hahaha. Wishful thinking.

• LOL 2

Guest kaz11

Romance? Girls, it’s Hyojoo so have no fear lol, I fully agree with @jughead2000. The romance department definitely is her strength. With regards to the tuna-whale interaction during GS promo, I liked what I saw, I think they were being themselves and not trying to sell any chemistry or pairing to the public. I prefer that.  I expect full promo with the entire cast, he is very hardworking after all. I just need those photo shoots to happen lol. 

But it is true that Hyojoo was the awkward one hahaha. It was cute though the way she would shift her weight on her toes. Ok I hope this means she sees him as a man not a sunbae or hyung or like JWS :tongue:

Oh wow! Lol i dont know! I saw him being awkward but u guys might be right or it might be both of them.....if she really was the awkward one then...............( am gonna leave this thought hanging until I see some inrang promo^_^) anyway all i want is full promotions and honestly, if they get photoshoots, i hope it’s someone who knows how to make proper use of the visauls his / her camera has been blessed with lol. I dont know if u guys liked her photoshoot with jws but i personally did and something like that would be nice. 

• Like 1

Hahaha they both could have been awkward indeed but I think she was more standoffish than he's been so far. There's a video of them walking together to/from a stage greeting but she's walking briskly ahead of him and according to someone in the video's comment, apparently he told her to walk slowly so they could walk at the same pace together lol. 

I know some of you are JongJoo shippers so I'm assuming you'll see her awkwardness is because she's with LJS haha. 

Both @kaz11 and I LOVED the photoshoot she did with JWS for High Cut. You could tell from those photos that they have explosive chemistry even though there was no romance between them in Cold Eyes. 

I think @kaz11 and I are the only tuna-whale shippers in here hahaha. I don't think she sees him as a sunbae, there's that short video of her playfully smacking him on the arm as he's accepting flowers from their GS wrap up party lol.

• Like 1

He’s definitely not the one that said “walk slowly” in the video, it’s someone in the crowd. But maybe am missing something.  I am not saying this because am a jongjoo shipper. I was once but have decided to stop shipping in general. Its exhausting for me probably because i do everything seriously including shipping haha. Even the tuna-whale ship is tempting but am running away as fast as I can :D I’ve decided to ship hyo with whoever she ends up with lol. But....am still on the watch out for dating signs from hyo. But thanks to u guys am definitely seeing some awkwardness from her side. 

I watched a few of tuna’s interview even the ones where he was asked about hyo and her beauty and he got shy and stuff. I attributed that to his general awkwardness and just thought he was the awkward one. I might look at things with a new eye now lol.

• LOL 1

I really hope Inrang will be as good or better than the anime.. I liked that there’s not much romance in there.. to be honest Hyo Joo really needs to venture out of that genre.. haha

anyway fun fact, u guys know about the new movie (The Believer)  that her bestie is in?

The director said it was Hyo Joo who recommended JSY to be in there.

rough translation of the below: 

그러다가 진서연 배우를 만나게 됐다. 
한효주에게 연락이 왔다. <반창꼬>(2012) 때 같이 연기한 언니가 있는데 한 번 만나보지 않겠냐고 말이다. 사실 감독 입장에서 배우가 추천하는 만남은 부담이 있는 게 사실이다. 그렇다고 거절하기도 미안하고… 어쩔 수 없이 만났는데 (진)서연이가 사무실에 짠하고 등장하자마자 너무 무서워서 깜짝 놀랐다.(웃음)

Q: This led to you meeting actress Jin Seo Yeon.

A: I received a call from Han Hyo Joo. She said there is one unnie that acted with her in Love 911 (2012) and she wanted me to arrange and meet up with her. To be honest, from a director’s point of view, it’s stressed to receive this type of recommendation from the actors. It’s sorry (not nice) to reject it as well... (I had) no choice but to meet her. The moment (Jin) Seo Yeon came into the room I regretted a little because she looked intimidating and I got a shock (laughs).

• Like 4

I can't hear s!@# in that video cuz of all the fans lol but I'm always wary of fan interpretations haha. Omg I'm the same with taking everything super seriously! I have the type of personality that gets easily addicted to things so I try to stray from things that tempt me but I can't help but ship tune-whale lol. I can feel the obsession growing more intensely the closer we get to InRang lol. It also doesn't help that I've been watching KDW's movies on Netflix lmao. My boyfriend pointed out that InRang will be the 4th movie we've seen starring KDW this year lol. He's just such a good actor and he's so beautiful~

I loved how awkward and shy KDW was asked about Hyo Joo in those interviews haha. Those interviewers had no chill and were so blunt with their questions. It was refreshing to see compared to the typical professional Korean environment where everyone's super respectful and mindful. 

I've seen this kind of standoffish attitude from her before with like I said, Lee Junki and Kim Jaejoong. I think she was pretty close to both of them behind the scenes. It's been a while since I've last seen her this awkward...

I also just ultimately want her to be happy in life. She's always kept her private life so safely guarded so who knows who she's dated or if she's even interested in dating now, but I hope she finds someone that makes her happy. It seems lonely being a celebrity sometimes :( If she is ever seeing someone, I imagine she won't ever go public until they are close to marriage lol. 

Aw, that's nice of Hyo Joo. I'm glad it worked out for the director and that he didn't feel obliged to cast her because of Hyo Joo. I love her friendship with JSY. They are my fantasy lesbian couple hahaha. 

• Like 2

@adamagI think I have watched almost all of Hyo's GS promo clips from both youtube and instagram. lol I think I agree that Hyo is more awkard than KDW. I can see that KDW is actually trying to make some small interactions with her, always glancing on her side (I might be over analysing it lol), and she was like, straight face ignoring him. Haha. I'm sure its not because she doesn't like him as a person, lol that is not Hyojoo's personality. Also  she was dining out with him, and in two of their off cam photos, she sits beside him. So she has her reasons, maybe she just wanted to behave in public haha.

I am not a shipper too, thank God that lately, I was sticking to stan solo artists, it's hard to be a shipper, there is only a small percentage that the ship will sail lol. I also think that KDW is an awkward and timid person, lol and he might be too busy for a serious romance, and who also knows, big possibility is that Hyojoo is also dating, either an actor or more probably a non-celebrity, so who knows. BUT I won't mind Kang Dong Won, he is smart and manly, and decent. And he is actually sensitive, he cried during 1987 premiere haha. And he loves his mom. Well he also thinks that Hyo joo is beautiful, can they ask that question again during Inrang promo, I want to see how the straight face Hyo joo would react hahaha! 

We will see in Inrang promo, I hope she becomes more comfortable. She was so reserved during GS promo bwahahaha not so Hyojoo. But big chance is that she will stick to JWS and even Choi Min ho. :D 

• LOL 1

yeah i remember how playful she was with yoo yeon seok lmao...she was grabbing his shirt in stage greetings and feeding his spicy food too. She did the same with jong suk too so it was a surprise to see her so withdrawn in GS. 

choi min ho said on 1N2D that he wanted her to be his morning angel so am waiting to see him fanboy over her haha. kdw's answer to the 'is hanhyojoo beautiful question' was rather bold. he was like " yes of course, everyone knows that she is beautiful'....he was asked a personal question and started speaking for the entire world lmao. I thought that was funny.

But all in all, I just want Inrang to drop so that she can come out of her cave.:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I saved some vids during GS promo.lol Its nice to see another side of Hyo joo, the snobbish and poker face girl haha

Awkward Laughing Hyo lol

KDW stretching lol

I like this too, seems like KDW is being a gentleman, subtly checking her out before he goes ahead

KDW glancing at “them” before walking ahead 

When Hyo’s mic is having some issues, KDW quickly glanced, nothing but I just noticed lol I assume he is ready to check and fix it if needed hahaha

I actually think Kang dong won looks less awkward during GS promo than the clips I saw during Masters promo. It was Hyo who is reserved during GS, so let's wait for Inrang. But thinking that Jung Wu Song is there, I think she will be more comfortable this time. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, adamag said:

aww that's so sweet. Sounds very much like hyojoo. I know one of her other friends is going through a tough time right now. I hope she's okay.

Who's friend?

@ohnoitscindy I think she is interested in dating, last Arab interview she had, she is open to getting married and have her own family. She also admitted going to blind dates so yeah. But she needs the privacy, so our common wish for her is that we hope she is happy right now. And she finds someone who compliments her, it seems like she is a bit passive in dating, as what I can interpret on some of her interviews. 

• Like 1

Well, it's no secret to anybody here that I'm a Jongjoo shipper, but I think there's a clear distinction between a fictional script and real life, and HJ is a person who can always pull off romance on screen. When I'm watching her play a role, I usually get sucked into the character, and not her real life persona. I mean, that's her JOB, if she couldn't do it, she wouldn't be an A-list actress. That said (and trying hard to set aside my shipper bias), I was very surprised by her interactions with kdw in the GS promo. To me she just looked uncomfortable. Not in a shy and flirty and interested sort of way, either. I did not expect her to behave the same as with Jong Suk (even if you are not a shipper, you have to acknowledge the fact that every human is unique and therefore every relationship will be slightly different). But I did expect her to be brighter and more interactive than she was, based on essentially every other promo of hers I've ever seen. To me she seemed eager to be just slightly out of step as she ran on ahead, and I simply did not feel any kind of spark between them at all. I'm sure that she will pull off whatever onscreen romance is required with excellence, and we'll be convinced by her character. But the real life interaction, to me, simply wasn't there. And yes, I know that some likely will dismiss that as mere shipper delusion, but I was honestly concerned about her when I saw her at those events, because it did not seem normal compared to the entire rest of what I have seen of her. And I have seen most of her available work by now. 

(The chief reason I ship her with JS is that she looked more relaxed and happy with him than anyone I've seen her with. Plus their excellent communication and the way they seem to complement each other is something I've rarely seen, usually only in real life couples who I know personally. I actually never ship people as a rule, but their offscreen interaction really stood out for me. Whoever she ends up with, I hope she is that happy. She deserves it.)

(I am seriously not trying to hm, dissuade anyone from their beliefs, or say that they aren't valid, or anything like that. I think it's interesting that so many people can watch the same thing and come up with different conclusions. And of course none of us will ever know what is really going on inside that girl's head until/unless she says something. The one thing I think we can definitely all agree on is that we care about her professional success and real life happiness, and so we all hope that whoever she ends up with will be someone who makes her truly happy.)

Anyway, a trailer should be coming out soon for Inrang, right? It doesn't take too long once it goes through the review board, is that right? 

• Like 3

Hehehehe Good thing I am not a shipper of any of the two haha. Although, I also have my observations. I will wait for Inrang promo :D  for her interaction with Woo Sung lol.

My guess would be that she is dating a non celebrity Hahaha. Dem, I always remember the actor/ businessman from fullhouse that she dated (I believe she did lol) during Brilliant Legacy days lol

Credits to owner, this is a long video but it is solely focused to Hyo. Its nice to see her calm smile :) 

@frozentundra I like your posts, even if you are a shipper, I can feel your love to Hyo as Hyo :D regardless of your ship. 

But anyway, I think she just looks uncomfortable during the public appearances for GS promo. I dont think she has issues with the GS team or KDW himself. This photo, I think was taken during a time when GS casts did a promotion without Hyo, but Hyo still joined them for dinner. Analyzing it, she is not obliged to join them if she is uncomfortable, she didn’t join the promo early that day anyway.

Appa also posted one photo (has been deleted now) when they had dinner, so I think she is fine with GS team or KDW. Not sure why she looks uncomfortable, maybe she is  just avoiding unecessary hare from public as knetz are always being harsh every time she gets out of her cave.

But like you, I pray she is fine. So when do we get a teaser or trailer? Its too early though. 2 more months.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw both of those photos when they were posted and before they were removed. Likewise, she seemed fine in the bts they showed of GS. And she was also relaxed and laughing JUST before that in the pictures with her staff. So I don't know what was up in all the GS promo. Maybe she was worried about some of the scary kdw fans? Some of them made a whole hate cafe when he kissed an actress in a drama. The two had nothing between them in real life, but fans were sending the actress a thousand hate messages a DAY. Like...that's a little scary and obsessive... 

I've seen Korean trailers go out 5-6 weeks ahead of release. So if Inrang comes out the end of July, I can see a trailer coming out in a couple weeks? 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Yeah, I saw both of those photos when they were posted and before they were removed. Likewise, she seemed fine in the bts they showed of GS. And she was also relaxed and laughing JUST before that in the pictures with her staff. So I don't know what was up in all the GS promo. Maybe she was worried about some of the scary kdw fans? Some of them made a whole hate cafe when he kissed an actress in a drama. The two had nothing between them in real life, but fans were sending the actress a thousand hate messages a DAY. Like...that's a little scary and obsessive... 

I've seen Korean trailers go out 5-6 weeks ahead of release. So if Inrang comes out the end of July, I can see a trailer coming out in a couple weeks? 

Possibly, but isn’t it that Jongsuk is also popular with ladies in Korea? She was playful and very comfortable with him (same as she was to Park Seo Joon actually, maybe because they are younger). But that is possible, maybe trying to avoid issues and unecessary hate, she doesn’t deserve it anyway. 

Oh really? I hope they release Hyo stills first tomorrow or next week, they might. We might get a teaser first then a long trailer a month before? Not sure how K movies work. But in GS I think its a month before. But they should hype up as early as now, I can see a lot of anime fans getting excited, I hope they hit the international market as well so we can see more of our girl.

• Like 1

Jongsuk's fans don't usually do hate cafes...they like him, and he has had some strong ships, too. But I get the feeling that most of them would be happy for him, whoever he chose. At least, that is a comment I have seen many, many times from his fans. And quite a few of his fans grew to be real fans of HJ. They like her for herself. So I don't think it's quite the same situation as with kdw there. 

One thing I notice with Korean films is that they can be a bit more hm, flexible with the release dates? I've seen release dates changed as close as a couple days in advance. It's not like western films, where the release date is set in stone months before. That surprised me, but it seems to be possible in the smaller domestic market. What I mean is, there could be various promo things that seem to spring up on short notice, more than you'd expect in a larger movie market. I do think it would make sense to have more promo time for this one than GS. It's just a bigger film. They spent more money on it, it's a bigger genre (I mean, costumes!), plus of course it's going up against some pretty stiff competition. Not that a person can't see TWO movies in one summer, you know? I mean, if you saw one and loved it, you might want to go back and see another? But they are still competing, too... 

• Like 2