Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I hope she does attend! We've had a LOT of cfs with her and also still pictures, and her IG...but it's been a while (since her FM?) that we've seen her on screen in an actual interaction with other people. (I think standing in front of a photo wall doesn't exactly count). That would be nice to see. I always like her interviews because she has interesting thoughts in her head.

Speaking of interviews, was there one with her in the Instyle photo shoot from this month? If so, was it ever translated anywhere?

• Like 2

Wasn't that the first time she missed her film's press con? Anw, Golden Slumber is just as I expected, which is both good and bad lol, but, I already knew it's male-centric. It looks good and entertaining, a film for friends and families and it looks like a hit.  KDW's character reminds me of his character in The Priests, a film I liked him in. Hyojoo looks great. Can't wait.

From the clips I saw, I think she has a good role and yes, it looks like a film about friendship. Male-centric, yes (er, aren't most films in Korea like that?) But hopefully she brings a strong presence. I'm sad we didn't get to see her at the press con. Hopefully at one of the other publicity events, though?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Male-centric, yes (er, aren't most films in Korea like that?)

Er, truth. I watched The Battleship Island on a plane from Taiwan and casting is pretty much the same thing for big-budget films. It's testosterone-filled and yet the most stellar actor there was a child actress that played Sohee. I hope Hyojoo does well regardless of her screen time or how her character was written.

9 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Hopefully at one of the other publicity events, though?

Stage greetings, I'm sure. But where are the photoshoots, though?

She certainly picked a hard field to work in. I remember her recommending Hidden Figures as a movie she really liked, and when I watched it, I thought of her the whole time. THAT is the kind of film she would do so well in, and it's also the kind of film that would be so rare in Korea. But I'm glad for everything she brings to every project she is in.

I think stage greetings start Feb 9? So there is still time for more promo (pictures, etc.) to come out before that, right?

• Like 1

Photoshoots are always a huge part of film promotion so I hope she does/did one at least with the rest of the cast. If not, media interviews, which we'll get to see mostly during the film's run in the cinemas. If there's a screening on Feb 9 hopefully she'll grace it for her fans... otherwise, TV guestings, which I doubt she'll be doing seeing she missed the press con.

16 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

She certainly picked a hard field to work in. I remember her recommending Hidden Figures as a movie she really liked, and when I watched it, I thought of her the whole time. THAT is the kind of film she would do so well in, and it's also the kind of film that would be so rare in Korea. But I'm glad for everything she brings to every project she is in.

She did Love Lies, Ad lib Night (the latter being the best thing abt her filmography imo), but they did not do well at the box office, unfortunately. Opportunities like Cold Eyes are rare especially since actresses tend to have their image in SK and they tend to not deviate much from that image. I hope someday she'll turn to independent productions again or work with female directors or produce her own film if she really has something she wants to do.

Wondering the same thing, if she's too busy she has her own IG to use for promo or something. But I wanna see some pretty photos myself lol

eta: as I recall actors work just as hard promoting their work, which she has always done.

From the way her name is listed (and from the trailer/bts they've shown), it looks like she has the largest female role, but maybe it's still enough of a supporting role for her not to be there in the promo events. ?? When is the VIP premiere, does anyone know?

At least she'll put in an appearance this Friday at the Daebang Construction event (Feb 2, 1 pm, Busan). I don't exactly know what that entails, but maybe someone will ask her about GS? I hope someone posts good video. I miss seeing her friendly way of interacting with people. 

• Like 1