Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

4 hours ago, kaz11 said:

hey there, dongsaeng! but i already knew this since you would call hj unni :D

aww i hope you 'bump into her' at least while you're there. any plans to stalk her shooting sites? ^_^

bec idk abt you guys i loove spoilers lol

i was hoping to “accidentally” bump into her too.. but i think she’s constantly filming at the Cube studio at Daejeon which is superrrrr far, unless she comes up north to Seoul..

anw i love spoilers too :lol:

• Like 2

@kaz I actually had second thoughts answering your query about the ages of hyolics here for obvious reason. But I love hyo to hide the fact that she have an ajumma fan over here..hehe..I maybe the oldest here at 45. Meaning I was in my high school already when she was born. :-) But I saw her first when Brilliant Legacy was shown in my country though during that time I was a YoonEunHye fan. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, adeleyam said:

i was hoping to “accidentally” bump into her too.. but i think she’s constantly filming at the Cube studio at Daejeon which is superrrrr far, unless she comes up north to Seoul..

anw i love spoilers too :lol:

Right? I kinda wish that SHE would spoil her fans by posting groufies with her current co-stars haha

hey unnis @chelbr @frozentundra! Hyo's one of those actresses that attract fans of all ages. I think this is largely bec of her drama roles. I loved her first as Eunsung, too;) I loved YEH in Coffee Prince, a classic, one of the best dramas I've watched, even better than BL. It's no wonder that HJ herself used to say she wanted to do something like it lol.

@kaz11 @chelbr She really does attract fans from all over. I do think that people hear about her more easily through drama roles (I have not been able to find all of her films, for example). But I also think one reason people love her is because she is just...strange for someone who works in entertainment. She's incredibly good at what she does, she really makes you feel for her characters, and they are all distinct and complete and unique. Just really excellent acting. But when she's wearing her own face, she's not what you'd expect. She's sometimes elegant, sometimes awkward, she's introverted and genuine, shy in front of large groups of people, but can still go all out in a scene on screen. I guess I'm a retroactive fan because I first saw her in W and then have gone back to see as much of her work as possible, and have also read as many interviews as possible by her. And...she's strange. Like, what Korean actress says, oh, I have nothing against plastic surgery, and sure, there are things about myself that I don't like, but I figured it would be better to change my attitude about myself, instead? What A-list actress says, oh, my house is too big, I think I'll move to a smaller one? She is happy when people identify with her characters and when she does well enough to get chosen for another project, but aside from that, she honestly doesn't seem to care about awards. She just wants to act is all. And as far as I can tell, she is very kind to the people she interacts with. Not a perfect person (because who is?)--but I think a good one. I work in the publishing industry, which I guess is a form of entertainment, although er...far less glamorous than acting. But there are analogous situations, and let's just say I've seen enough prima donnas that when I encounter someone who isn't one, they really stand out. I would admire her talent regardless, but her attitude about life and also how she treats other people are what cement me as a fan. I may be older than her, but I really look up to her for that.

@adeleyam If for some strange reason you do bump into her, say hi from all of us!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

I'm a '91er so probably one of the younger ones here? Lol 

Yeah I believe so, you're our sunbae on this forum but I think you started early like 15 or 16? Lol I'm not a stalker or anything just that I read the thread from page 1, I may have missed some pages here and there especially the later pages but I have a sharp memory. Like I know little things like Javabeans of Dramabeans posting here once lol :wink:

On 11/12/2017 at 4:06 AM, kaz11 said:

Just curious... how old are the hyolics here? I am also '1987-liner', same age as Hyojoo and a number of weeks older as I was born in January. Does this mean I am the oldest here? Lol Sigh, we're old :lol:

Hi, I'm also '87-liner here, you're not alone. :-)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dianefrances said:

She really is worth admiring for. My sister (16 yrs old)  and I are very fond of Hyo Joo. Watching her movies and kdrama is our bonding moment. #ProudHyolic here.

There are plenty of artists (writers, musicians, actors, etc.) whose work I admire, but there is a very, VERY small handful of whom I would say I am truly a fan. She's one of them. We love her at our house. :wub:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dianefrances said:

Hi, I'm also '87-liner here, you're not alone. :-)

Welcome to Hyojoo's oldest/longest-running (I think? Lol) English forum.

Can they get Hyojoo to do a cameo appearance as one of the Woojins for the drama version of BEAUTY INSIDE, please? Bec I will watch this regardless of the fact that the writer worked with Kim Eunsook, whose body of work I am not a fan of. Bec I absolutely have nothing but LOVE for the BEAUTY INSIDE film, a fantasy story done right, realistic and emotionally grounded, with characters that you would care about and root for. Bec Hyojoo absolutely peaked here in terms of her acting, not to mention her visuals...

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/drama-version-in-the-works-for-fantasy-romance-the-beauty-inside/

Spoiler

Drama version in the works for fantasy romance The Beauty Inside

by javabeans

beautyinside_2.jpg

A drama version of the 2015 romance-melo film The Beauty Inside has been announced, and while that alone is enough to perk up my ears in interest, there’s also the added detail that the fantasy premise will swap genders for the drama. That is to say, while in the movie Han Hyo-joo was the woman who fell in love with the man who woke up in a new body every day, in the drama the heroine will be the body-swapper.

I’m both intrigued by this switch and a little wary, because I thought the film worked so well with the way it presented the problem. I went into the film expecting a light, fluffy romance but was pleasantly surprised to get something moving and introspective, and loved how the heroine fell for all the many different faces of the hero (which included Park Seo-joon, Chun Woo-hee, Lee Dong-wook, Lee Beom-soo, Ueno Juri, Go Ah-sung, Lee Jin-wook, and Yoo Yeon-seok). Moreover, I thought it was very realistic and thought-provoking the way that Han Hyo-joo also struggled and suffered with a lover who never looked the same, particularly when society essentially richard simmons-shamed her for being with a different guy each time. I don’t think that kind of social commentary works quite as well with the gender reversal, though I’m willing to see what the drama does with it.

I do think the premise, whether featuring a man or a woman at the center, is something that could translate really well to drama form, and I’m particularly curious to see how they’ll handle the revolving door of actresses to play one person. And, of course, casting of the hero will be crucial to anchoring the whole thing. (Start up your fantasy-casting prayers now!)

Writing will be Im Meari, who has worked with writer Kim Eun-sook (The Lonely Shining Goblin) in the past; her credits include Descended From the Sun. The drama is currently in the casting process and is aiming for an early 2018 broadcast.

beautyinside_1.jpg

Via Joongang

18 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

THIS. It would be crazy if they passed up that opportunity!

I think she would love to be a part of it. She was even announced to be in the Chinese version but nothing has been heard abt the project or her appearance in it after the announcement.

7 minutes ago, kaz11 said:

I think she would love to be a part of it. She was even announced to be in the Chinese version but nothing has been heard abt that project after that.

I heard about the American remake, but I didn't know there was a Chinese version, too. Not only are there multiple Woo Jins--the character--but also multiple Woo Jins--the film. :)

Also, I love her and her staff. They are having a fun time in Japan. I hope she gets to post her "weird" selca" at some point, lol.

(She took a selca but Kim Kyung Seon says not to post it. Aww, but she looks really pretty here!)

And here she's asking if her selca was really THAT weird?

But meanwhile, they do take nice pictures of her:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I heard about the American remake, but I didn't know there was a Chinese version, too. Not only are there multiple Woo Jins--the character--but also multiple Woo Jins--the film. :)

And I'd like to think it's bec the Korean film was a success, in execution and with the audience. 

Anyway, I read that 1987 (CJ E&M) is going to be released Dec 27th. Quite possibly this would mean that they'll start promoting GS next year.

November 28, 2017

Max Movie - My Daily Survey | 

Kim Hye Soo tops movie ticket power for 2 consecutive years

Source: Max Movie

%EC%97%AC%EB%B0%B0%EC%9A%B0.jpg

Max Movie - My Daily has conducted a survey from November 3 till November 20 which revealed the list of the best female movie actresses with the highest ticket power in Korea.

The ranking as follows:

1. Kim Hye Soo

2. Son Ye Jin

3. Moon So Ri 

4. Jeon Do Yeon

5. Chun Woo Hee

6. Ra Mi Ran

7. Gong Hyo Jin

8. Kim Tae Ri

9. Jeon Ji Hyun

10. Han Hyo Joo

20171127_cjs_e_1000001-700x382.jpg

^ Details of participants taking part in the survey conducted.

• Like 4