Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Yes, kaz11, that's the picture I was thinking of. I keep seeing her getting tagged as filming in all sorts of places--if nothing else, she's sure getting the tour of her own country!

Inrang is being called sci fi, but I don't know if it's because it's truly futuristic, or if it's just because it's alternate history. I guess we'll see. But it does sound like maybe this is the action film she was looking for? Her character is sort of a terrorist, right?

Hacenthanonuevo, I would guess that she really is going to the Samsonite event if they have her on their advertising. I think what, 20 people get to go, but the tickets are given out by lottery? So you'd think before doing that, they'd have fixed who was going to be there. (Imagine people being excited to go see her, only she didn't show up, and instead they got to meet the president of Lipault or something...who I'm sure is a very nice person, but maybe not the point of someone wanting to attend this event.) Anyway, it's been a while since we've seen her at an event, so I hope someone takes some good pictures.

(And argh. It still won't let me post if I tag people...)

You guys should watch the anime film of Jin Roh if you can, or skim through it like what I did :3 It's pretty interesting, and Hyo Joo will have a pretty significant role but I don't think her character gets to do much? Definitely nothing too action based, judging from the anime but perhaps the director will make some changes to his adaptation. Honestly, the anime character didn't seem too far off from Hyo Joo's usual type of characters that she likes to play :\ Hopefully I am very wrong though lol. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

Hyo Joo will have a pretty significant role but I don't think her character gets to do much? Definitely nothing too action based, judging from the anime but perhaps the director will make some changes to his adaptation. Honestly, the anime character didn't seem too far off from Hyo Joo's usual type of characters that she likes to play :\ Hopefully I am very wrong though lol. 

:( ... lol. Sigh. Just be a functional (not decorative) female please don't just provide a love line to KDW no matter how potentially pretty you look together.  Anyway, I like director Kim's style. I liked his A Tale of Two Sisters. Hopefully the adaptation is hip and daring. Won't watch the animation though so I'll have nothing to compare it with :(

Not that there's a LOT of good female characters to choose from especially in films such as IN RANG (multiple stars), I suppose, but I guess Hyojoo still loves her romances or romantic characters? I wish she'd do something like Coin Locker Girl. Go break that image girl.

Very different indeed lol.

From an English article: 
"THINE set its game story in a world where two opposing forces Order and Chaos in an endless conflict. 4 different races – Warrior, Mage, Rogue and Summoner will be playable, where you can select your character from one of them and travel through the majestic fantasy world. There will also be a non-targeting combat system optimized for mobile devices. Similar to most of the MMORPGs, guild system and PvP battles will be available too." 

The Korean articles say HHJ is on the Order side, and Kim Ok Bin is on the Chaos side.

• Like 5

Interesting. Make a film adaptation of THINE, too,  lol with Kim Ok Bin. 

It's BIFF time~ makes you wish GOLDEN SLUMBER were screened there. I love her history with this particular festival, from ALWAYS period, her BUIL Best Actress win to co-hosting with Sol Kyunggu and her star award for LOVE LIES. Wow I've been following her career for a very long time now lol.

And I am still surprised that she did not get an acting nod for ALWAYS because, although her performance was not without flaw, Ha Junghwa is one of her strongest.

Spoiler

HHJ and KDW:

I edited my previous post with the same video lol. Dang even from afar they look good. 

ETA: But I think the one from @ohnoitscindy's post is the original source? Sorry, I would have deleted the IG link to give credit to the original. :)