Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Don't know what got into her today but she went on a following spree on ig. 

Finally treadstone teaser is out. Now i hope everything follows quickly. I also like that she’s at the forefront of the promo or so it seems

• Like 1

Watch: Upcoming U.S. Series “Treadstone” Shares Intense First Teaser Featuring Han Hyo Joo

J.Lim | Soompi

5fe6bade76884118b9f3a202e12f28ff.jpeg?s=

Upcoming U.S. series “Treadstone” has shared their first teaser, featuring Han Hyo Joo!

The series opened their official Twitter account and posted a video with the caption, “The next generation of assassins has been activated. From the world of Jason Bourne comes the series ‘Treadstone,’ this fall on USA Network.” The short teaser clip gives glimpses of the main cast members, including Han Hyo Joo.

“Treadstone” will be a spin-off drama of the “Bourne” film series, and is the name of the secret organization that appears in the films. The drama will follow the story of a secret project by the CIA that trains operatives who cannot be traced. “Heroes” writer Tim Kring will be writing the show, and the project will be helmed by Ramin Bahrani as the executive producer.

Han Hyo Joo will play the role of So Yun, who has to make a difficult decision to protect her family after uncovering a previously hidden truth about herself. The actress is said to have been selected for the role after undergoing an audition and impressing with her acting skills.

“Treadstone” is set to air this fall on the USA Network.

Source (1)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found this article that gives a tiny bit more on HJ's character. A few segments that relate to HJ:

IGN: How do you think Treadstone will set itself apart in the crowded spy genre without a familiar character like Jason Bourne character as an anchor?

Smith: The people activated in Treadstone are everyday people with jobs and families who awaken to find themselves as human weapons with extraordinary skills and abilities. Treadstone's multiple storylines set across the globe also set it apart. Our characters include a taxi driver in London, a housewife and piano teacher living in North Korea, and an American Oil rig worker in the Arctic.

What do we need to know about these new agents - can you give us some background on the characters featured in our first-look photos?

Soyun (Han Hyo-joo) is an affectionate wife and mother working as a piano teacher in North Korea whose life begins to spiral out of control when she is mysteriously activated. This occurs just as her husband is getting promoted to be a key member in the North Korean nuclear program. The fallout puts Soyun and her family in extreme danger.

This looks to be a globetrotting series much like the novels and films; what are some of the locations we’ll be visiting in Season 1?

Treadstone definitely is a global adventure and our first season takes place throughout Europe (Paris, London, Budapest, Berlin, Greece, and Amsterdam) as well as the Arctic, Africa, India, Korea, China, Brazil, and of course Washington DC.

(So, is she going to film in Korea, then? Or did she already? Or did they shoot some background without her to intersperse with the set they built in Budapest?)

See complete article here: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/31/treadstone-tv-series-usa-network-jason-bourne

I'm so glad to see her again. I really miss her, especially a moving, smiling Hyo Joo being her normal happy self. I feel like we haven't seen her in so long. No appearances, no interviews, a long stretch of no posts... I'm just glad to see her enjoying herself. I think this must be a fun challenge for her. I am sure it has its inconveniences, but she looks like she's up for the challenge. Am looking forward to the results (and please Korea, PLEASE, can someone do an interview with her? This thing she is in, it is BIG. You need to support her and be proud of her and let people know what she's up to.)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Treadstone: Exclusive First Look at USA Network's Bourne Spinoff Series

By LAURA PRUDOM | IGN News

After five blockbuster movies that have grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide, the Bourne universe is making the jump to the small screen with Treadstone, a globe-trotting, time period-hopping action series that will explore the titular black ops organization that created Jason Bourne and numerous other CIA assassins.

Premiering this fall on USA network, Treadstone "explores the origin story and present-day actions of the infamous covert program that uses behavior modification protocol to turn recruits into nearly superhuman assassins. The first season of Treadstone follows sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously 'awakened' to resume their deadly missions." The plot of the series will span decades as it delves into Treadstone's history and present activities - and while Jason Bourne is in the wind after the events of the last movie, his "presence will be felt" in the new show.

The series was created by Heroes creator Tim Kring, and is executive produced by Ben Smith, producer of the Bourne film franchise. The cast includes Jeremy Irvine, Brian J. Smith, Omar Metwally, Tracy Ifeachor, and newcomers Han Hyo-joo and Emilia Schüle.

IGN has an exclusive first look at the new spy series in the photo gallery below, introducing us to three key characters who will be our eyes and ears inside this covert operation. Check out the images below and read on for our interview with Smith, which gives some insight into the world of Treadstone and what's driving the show's latest recruits.

IGN: How do you think Treadstone will set itself apart in the crowded spy genre without a familiar character like Jason Bourne character as an anchor?

Smith: The people activated in Treadstone are everyday people with jobs and families who awaken to find themselves as human weapons with extraordinary skills and abilities. Treadstone's multiple storylines set across the globe also set it apart. Our characters include a taxi driver in London, a housewife and piano teacher living in North Korea, and an American Oil rig worker in the Arctic.

Are Bourne’s whereabouts established or hinted at in the series?

Bourne’s presence is definitely felt. The blowback from the events which surrounded him in the past have a direct effect on the CIA and our story. His whereabouts? He hasn’t been seen for a few years…

Obviously Treadstone is presented as a nefarious program in the films - will the series see these new sleepers awakening to the realities of the organization they’re a part of, or are we seeing a more benevolent version of Operation Treadstone here?

Depends on who we’re talking about - and where we find them in their present cover lives. Our sleepers, "Cicadas" as they are referred to in Treadstone, each react differently to being awakened years after volunteering for a black-ops program of which they have no memory. To find yourself thrust into the violent center of a terrifying world you weren’t aware of yesterday has different responses for all. There are no good guys or bad guys in our world - everyone is making choices based on their individual moral compass and narrative. The consequences of those decisions is where our series lives. Treadstone as an organization has evolved but its roots remain the same.

What do we need to know about these new agents - can you give us some background on the characters featured in our first-look photos?

Soyun (Han Hyo-joo) is an affectionate wife and mother working as a piano teacher in North Korea whose life begins to spiral out of control when she is mysteriously activated. This occurs just as her husband is getting promoted to be a key member in the North Korean nuclear program. The fallout puts Soyun and her family in extreme danger.

John Randolph Bentley (Jeremy Irvine) is a former Vietnam Vet and CIA agent who had been stationed in West Berlin in 1973 before a sacrifice for a fellow agent left him in Soviet custody. The horrors of the programming he endured under enemy control alter him forever.

Petra (Emilia Schüle) works in a covert KGB facility in East Berlin in 1973 and one of the requirements of her position include developing a very close personal relationship with prisoner John Randolph Bentley. We are left wondering how much of the relationship is manipulation as part of her job and how much is genuine feeling.

This looks to be a globetrotting series much like the novels and films; what are some of the locations we’ll be visiting in Season 1?

Treadstone definitely is a global adventure and our first season takes place throughout Europe (Paris, London, Budapest, Berlin, Greece, and Amsterdam) as well as the Arctic, Africa, India, Korea, China, Brazil, and of course Washington DC.

Are you drawing from Robert Ludlum's novels in any way to flesh out the series?

Definitely. Treadstone expands on the mythology which started in The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum. The DNA of Ludlum’s work and his ability to viscerally relay the geopolitical realities of our time through the lens of very personal stories is present throughout. The themes he wrote about are more relevant today than ever.

oops.. repeated post..

anyway some slight difference with the previous drama still..

heres-how-executive-producer-ben-smith-d

loved that she's the first cast to be introduced/ promoted. 

Treadstone fighting! can't wait for October to come :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First full trailer is out girls! 

SOOOOO HYPED!! Love that she's getting so much screen time! I was worried she'd be a "flower vase" because Hollywood doesn't have the greatest track record of using Asian actors/actresses for more than just props. This show is the only reason why I still have DirecTV Now lol.

As for filming, they've done most of the filming in Budapest iirc. They used an apartment building there and put up some Korean signs and stuff to make it look like it's a North Korean building. I remember a Korean man who lived in the apt building posting about it on his IG when they first started filming the first episode. You can see a quick cut of it in the trailer.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing Treadstone ads on TV lately and every time I go "TREADSTONE!!!!!" and my boyfriend just shakes his head at me lol. I still can't believe she got this gig. Hope this opens up more opportunities for her both domestically and internationally.

Will be DVR-ing this when it premieres and will try to remember to catch the sneak peeks scheduled for this month lol.

• Like 3

GOOD. I have been reading DC and Naver pretty regularly, and I am AMAZED at the silence the Korean press has given her over this project. On DC, you have her actual fans who are following TS and are enthusiastic about the various things being released. But mostly, there are many other people who are completely clueless and think she's just, I dunno, retired? Playing golf and ignoring the world? Not their fault--they just haven't seen any news about her because there is almost no mention at all in the regular press. It's so strange. They will repost something from her IG from months (or even a year) ago--as if it's new. And sometimes in passing they'll mention she's in Treadstone. But I feel this should be news. She scored a spot in a major US TV franchise through audition, and it's airing soon. Promo keeps going up. Hello. South Korea, you should be dang proud of your girl. She's in all 10 episodes, she's a major character, and she will represent you to the world. Without even looking for them, I've seen at least three full articles from India about Shruti Hassan being in this thing--and she's only in 4 episodes. Wake up, Korea!

I think there will be something soon about her, but in the meantime I'm glad that at least on twitter, people noticed and are talking about it.

• Like 2

Oh yeah definitely. I have been concerned a lil bit about that too but I've decided to not worry too much about it. If she's gonna shine, regardless of the publicity they give her, she WILL shine. That Twitter post is proof of that. Even among the tweets, some knetz are asking why the media is quiet about it... Some are saying if it was a guy it would have been all over the news..... 

Am just glad to see them supporting her. It warms my heart. Now that it seems like she's back in Korea. I hope she reaps the fruit of her labor and rests of course--after the photoshoot and interview I have been waiting for lol. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, adamag said:

Am just glad to see them supporting her. It warms my heart. Now that it seems like she's back in Korea. I hope she reaps the fruit of her labor and rests of course--after the photoshoot and interview I have been waiting for lol. 

Same. It's coming! I feel like it's been sooooo long since she's done an interview. Please do a good one!

• Like 1

I’m definitely confused over the lack of coverage she’s getting, even on international Korean entertainment news sites. Like they only reported on it when the first teaser came out I believe. 

Anyway, I saw Hyo Joo’s IG stories posted today and it warmed my heart so much seeing her so happy with the new friends she’s made. I hope they get to stay in contact! 

On another note, I recently went to D23 Expo (Disney convention) and attended an autograph signing with Don Lee (Ma Dong Suk) who was there because he will be in the new Marvel movie. He costarred with Hyo Joo in Love 911. I totally asked him to tell her I said hi lmao. And he was like huh? At first but then was like oh yes! she’s a friend of mine lol. Probably the closest I will ever get to meeting her lol

• Like 2

Lol that’s funny. I don't even know if she and MDS have kept in touch since then but i hope he delivers the message. Even Koreans are surprised at the lack of coverage. After that korean tweet blew and now has over 12k retweets some people are now knowing what she’s been up to all this while. Like @frozentundra said, some just thought she was taking a long richard simmons break or whatever. My guess is something might come next week.

Also one news(?) guy just tweeted about about it saying he wonders if hyojoo will be able to do the scenes because she looks fragile and i realized that might reflect the kind of BS we are gonna see when they start giving it any media attention.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

On another note, I recently went to D23 Expo (Disney convention) and attended an autograph signing with Don Lee (Ma Dong Suk) who was there because he will be in the new Marvel movie. He costarred with Hyo Joo in Love 911. I totally asked him to tell her I said hi lmao. And he was like huh? At first but then was like oh yes! she’s a friend of mine lol. Probably the closest I will ever get to meeting her lol

That's very cool, Cindy!

As for the guy who doesn't know if fragile HJ can do the scenes...let's see what he says once it airs. Pfft. 

I do think she will have some media coverage (photoshoot/interview), but I'm still waiting on just regular news stories? I am just amazed that when you do a search on her name in naver, you see photos from her IG from February. Mentions of her because one of her old movies is showing on TV (like Masquerade...which is HOW old by now?). And yet, nothing on Treadstone. Do they do this to all actresses? Or just her? Surely Korea noticed that Claudia Kim was in the Harry Potter franchise, right? Did they cover her at all? Just curious. The Jason Bourne franchise is um, not small. As evidenced by the interest people have taken in it on twitter.

• Like 1