Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Just now, kozuesan said:

Congratulations, Yeon Joo-sshi/Han Hyo Joo! 

I truly believe she deserves this award. Han Hyo Joo gave life to Yeon Joo. I think I've gotten used to Hyo Joo being criticized since Spring Waltz days (on  her own forum lolz and other fora as well) and during Dong Yi days, I realized whatever explanantions I have to give on why Hyo Joo deserves what she was given, nonfans and even some fans would still rant on why she does not deserve what they think she does not deserve. So I think its enough to say why she deserves it and let them say their piece. But that's easier said than done coz some are really harsh with their words. 

But the multitude of emotions that Hyo Joo was able to convey through Yeon Joo surely warrants this award for me. She was caught between her father and her ideal man that she has come to love. She understands Kang Chul and why he thinks the way he does and at the same time, she respects her father and hopes her father is doing what he thinks is best for the situation. When the time came when both her father and kang chul came to a misunderstanding, she was caught in middle trying to fix things for all of them. Yet in the end, some people still see her as a damsel in distress, as an ungrateful daughter, as a woman undeserving of a hero's love, as a girl who did not even show happiness in the arms of her man (in the last hospital bed scene where yeon joo was being hugged by kang chul ) forgetting that she has just lost her father.

My idea is she is so deserve for award cause she played so expert ! I'm so hate from the persons that say she is not deserve for this award ! ,:angry:She is the best ! :wub:

Just now, ohnoitscindy said:

I can't blame Hyo Joo for picking up W as a project. From the sounds of it, it seems like only the first two episode scripts were out before production commenced and the cast was decided and announced. LJS has said that he wasn't expecting his character to do so much as the episodes progressed. OSM's actor has also said that he wasn't expecting to portray such a heavy character and that it actually became burdensome for him as an actor. I think we can all agree that judging by just the first two episodes or so, that on paper, OYJ seems to be a role that is full of potential. Hyo Joo probably thought the same way and unfortunately, the character did not change much and kind of took a backseat (quite literally in episode 4 or 5? when she's taking the taxi to her father's place after KC breaks out into the real world lol) during the whole arc between her father and Kang Chul.

But anyway, just a few more days until BIFF! Really excited :) 

Can you say me the exact date of BIFF?:)

Just now, bellalizzie said:

WOW! SUPER DUPER GORGEOUS :wub::wub::wub:

So cute and pretty face as always:wub:

• Like 1

Cannot wait for BIFF, too. Cannot wait for her next project if it's a film lol. At least then a full script is offered? To me, Hyo Joo can do no wrong when it comes to films. She actually chooses better and better material or role. Also, I love it when a producer would produce a film with an actress in mind, like what happened in 2013 when the lady producer of Cold Eyes thought of only her to play Ha Yoon Joo, the name even sounding like Han Hyo Joo. 

Hehe, Hyo-joo really is highly appreciated by the film industry. The director of Love 911/Bandage said HJ's role in it was tailor made for her, while the director of Inside Beauty said the left side of her face is Korea's national treasure (don't ask me why he rated the left side higher than the right haha). HJ was allowed a lot of liberty to interpret her character in Cold Eyes, which was originally your typical bright, spirited newbie cop. HJ said in an interview that as she was at the time going through a rebellious phase (late bloomer???), she really disliked the bright persona of the character so what we ended up seeing in the movie was HJ's revised version. I am pretty amazed that the production side was so open to her inputs and am grateful for that, because I like her character in Cold Eyes a lot and by the sound of it, I wouldn't have liked the original version myself.

Though W has made me greedy and want to see HJ at a high frequency- would be ideal if she does one drama (hopefully cable, for more interesting + edgy material and stylish production, well W actually did well in these two areas, it just didn't do as well in character building) and one or two movies per year. But of course this is just my wishful thinking keke.

• Like 15

I LOVE that Hyo Joo is well-regarded and loved by the film industry. I see her more as a movie star anyway. :P I said that her Buil Best Actress award for Cold Eyes is the most meaningful but I forgot the Top star award bestowed to her by the Korean Actors Association last year for Beauty Inside, that is so special because your contributions are recognized by your peers, your fellow actors. 

I also think that she has the best side profile, that is another reason to like director Baik because he speaks the truth lol, I just love this director, he has a vision, has the talent to execute his vision well and he promoted Hyo Joo/Yi Soo well during those days. You can tell he really cared about his work because every detail was beautiful, even the  posters were lovely. I love her version of Ha Yoon Joo, too. I think her tic is also Hyo Joo's idea. As I have said, I find Hyo Joo an intelligent actress. When she's given that freedom to interpret her character with her own ideas and she gets to ad-lib, that's when she really shines. 

3 hours ago, starfield said:

HJ said in an interview that as she was at the time going through a rebellious phase (late bloomer???), she really disliked the bright persona of the character so what we ended up seeing in the movie was HJ's revised version.

i don't understand whats film she talking about dislaked bright persona?

i thing she does a best perfomance in this type of roles like yi soo & dong yi & eun seong & always & heaven and earth in character ji su 

and originaly personality of hyo joo is very pure & calm & Funny and chaste According to my impression for 10 years were i am fan of her from first imresion in Ad-lib Night with Famoust Director lee young ki

• Like 3

he admired our hyojoo a lot :wub:

Actor Heo Jung Do of 'W' compliments labelmate and former co-star Han Hyo Joo

han-hyo-joo_1475545216_af_org.jpg

Actor Heo Jung Do, or the doctor who constantly nagged at Oh Yeon Joo in the recently ended drama 'W', talked about his experience working with Han Hyo Joo

The two actors are currently under the same label BH Entertainment; however, Heo Jung Do revealed that it wasn't the label but the drama that actually brought them closer together. To Xports News, he explained, "We didn't have a chance to meet at the company, but we met through 'W'. The hospital crew promised to go out for a drink some time but that has yet to happen. Hyo Joo is busy resting and I'm also busy practicing so we haven't been able to set up a date yet."

Heo Jung Do also complimented the actress and said, "My chemistry with Han Hyo Joo was great. It was nice to have a pretty girl smiling and cheering me on. Also, her skin is so bright and clear that I wondered if it's really there. She was taller than I expected, too." 

Did you enjoy Heo Jung Do and Han Hyo Joo's chemistry on 'W'?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/actor-heo-jung-do-of-w-compliments-labelmate-and-former-co-star-han-hyo-joo

• Like 12

I also want to compliment her singing prowess in Love, Lies. Though, I am not into that kind of genre but I really like her rendition of the song. I even downloaded it..haha! It gives me so much feels while listening. Hyo Joo isn't afraid to try something new. It gives me the impression that she's up to challenging roles and want to broaden up her horizon... 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, bellalizzie said:

To Xports News, he explained, "We didn't have a chance to meet at the company, but we met through 'W'. The hospital crew promised to go out for a drink some time but that has yet to happen. Hyo Joo is busy resting and I'm also busy practicing so we haven't been able to set up a date yet."

Heo Jung Do also complimented the actress and said, "My chemistry with Han Hyo Joo was great. It was nice to have a pretty girl smiling and cheering me on. Also, her skin is so bright and clear that I wondered if it's really there. She was taller than I expected, too." 

PROF PARK aka CRAZY DOG!!!:w00t: what he means by 'Hyo Joo is busy resting'? :huh: when was that?hehe btw,what a nice compliments~ pretty,bright skin and tall..:)(when will my turn to meet her come?):sweatingbullets:

--------------------------------

she's back.

and lucky fan..she even got her signature..:lol:(do tell me if u wanna sell the casing,i'm interested even thou i'm not using any samsung phone..haha)

Spoiler

more pics:

https://scontent-kul1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p750x750/14596813_1278449512194875_7909054637745897472_n.jpg

14540570_321763334850077_913839630217694

• Like 6

Just now, Qallee said:

PROF PARK aka CRAZY DOG!!!:w00t: what he means by 'Hyo Joo is busy resting'? :huh: when was that?hehe btw,what a nice complimentary~ pretty,bright skin and tall..:)(when will my turn to meet her come?):sweatingbullets:

she's back.

and lucky fan..she even got her signature..:lol:(do tell me if u wanna sell the casing,i'm interested even thou i'm not using any samsung phone..haha)

Reveal hidden contents

more pics:

https://scontent-kul1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p750x750/14596813_1278449512194875_7909054637745897472_n.jpg

14540570_321763334850077_913839630217694

Oh this fan is so lucky !!! Hyo joo got her signature on the back door of phone !!!!! This is my biggest dream that visit hyo joo !!!!:wub:
------------------------------------------------------ 
ohhhhh now i'm relax and comfort !!!! Each time she go to other country i'll be worry for she so much ! Now she came back to korea ! > thanks God !!:tears:.............sorry , i could not be succesful remove photos!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qallee said:

PROF PARK aka CRAZY DOG!!!:w00t: what he means by 'Hyo Joo is busy resting'? :huh: when was that?hehe btw,what a nice complimentary~ pretty,bright skin and tall..:)(when will my turn to meet her come?):sweatingbullets:

she's back.

Those flip flops, lol. Guess she's really easygoing personality :heart:

• Like 2

[2016 BIFF Press Release] The 21st Busan International Film Festival Opening Ceremony Hosts Announced|

The 21st Busan International Film Festival

Opening Ceremony Hosts Announced

The 21st Busan International Film Festival announces actor Seol Kyeongku and actress Han Hyo-joo as Opening Ceremony hosts. They acted together in the film Cold Eyes (2013), they will stand together again for the BIFF Opening Ceremony.

Seol Kyeongku made his theater debut in 1993 with Run for your Wife. Seol showed his outstanding acting skills in the film Peppermint Candy (1999) and received high praise as a hidden treasure of Korean cinema. He has showed a wide spectrum of acting skills, from melodrama command to blockbuster appeal and his acting skills have transcended the bounds of possibility in each film. He has now firmly established himself as a representative Korean actor. He first came to the attention of BIFF in 1999 with the opening film Peppermint Candy (1999), followed up by the closing film Camellia in 2010 and Cold Eyes in 2013.

Han Hyo-joo has shown remarkable achievement in her filmography and was honored with the Blue Dragon Film Award for Best Leading Actress. She started acting in the 2005 TV drama Nonstop and went into the film industry with the film My Boss, My Teacher (2006). Currently, she is still ongoing and active in genres of film such as Masquerade (2012), Love 911 (2012), The Beauty Inside (2015) andHaeuhhwa (2016). She has captivated audiences with a new character through her recent work in the TV drama W that merges the real world and web comics.

Major filmography of SEOL Kyeongku

A Petal (1996), Peppermint Candy (1999), Public Enemy (2002), Oasis (2002), Jail Breakers (2002),Silmido (2003), Lost in Love (2006), Tidal Wave (2009), No Mercy (2009), Cold Eyes (2013), Hope(2013), My Dictator (2014), The Long Way Home (2015)

Major filmography of HAN Hyo-joo

Ad-lib Night (2006), Heaven’s Postman (2009), Always (2011), Masquerade (2012), Love 911 (2012),Cold Eyes (2013), C’est si bon (2015), The Beauty Inside (2015), Haeuhhwa (2016)

21st Busan International Film Festival will be held Thursday, October 6, 2016 to Saturday, October 15, 2016
Asian Film Market will be held Saturday, October 8, 2016 to Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Asian Project Market will be held Sunday, October 9, 2016 to Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Busan International Film Festival http://www.biff.kr 
Email: foreignpress@biff.kr

maybe tommorow thursday hyo joo withSeol Kyeongku in the show festival in KBS

• Like 6

@hhj22, just type your comment and "submit reply", you don't need to quote always, if you have trouble removing photos/images. Or you can type @ followed by the name of the member you want to reply to. Just a couple of suggestions :).

Maybe I just want to post a comment so we can get to the 1000th page lol. Han Hyo Joo's 11-year old Soompi Thread/International Fan Forum and still active :). Yay.

@adeleyam thank you chingu, i'm excited to see our girl in her gorgeous gown tomorrow, i know she will definitely shine and slay at the red carpet and the ceremony as well...we rely on you for more photos of our pretty hyojoo...(i'm so envy of you:D)!!! 

And glad that i found this thread! Going 1000 and counting! Congrats and thank you to all hyolics! :)

• Like 5

Just now, adeleyam said:

Greetings from Seoul~

for those who would like to catch the opening ceremony of BIFF tomorrow,

KBS2 will be showing it live from 6.20pm (KST). :P

cA3l4vp.jpg

can't wait to see our girl on the red carpet!

Oh this is so early !:o! Can i watch ( Live ) in this link? Are you sure? 

Just now, isapuilai said:

Goddess in Seoul:P

@hhj22 watch it in live streaming website, KBS2 at 6:20 PM:P 

Edit:

Woahh! We're on 1000 page! Haha... So happy to be part of this thread!! I do hope it wont take 11 years to reach 2000 page.lol! I love you all guys:wub:

Are you sure this is new photo? :huh: 
------------------------------------
oh happy 1000 page !  I hope next 1000 page will be good and happy and full of good news from our girl ! Love all of you dears ! :wub:
------------------------------------
my memory ram is now full ! I need a 1 TR external hard drive for save next hyo joo's photos and videos !!:crazy:

• Like 6