Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Glad to see she got to celebrate, this covid year nothwithstanding. (I think they are still on pretty strict restrictions in Seoul.) Aw...pretty Hyo Joo! I am looking forward to the final results of the shoot.

I've been watching for news of The Sun Does Not Move, which starts showing in Japan on March 5. I was surprised that the latest article on it in Naver, while highlighting the two Koreans in the project, says that they don't know yet if it will show in Korea. I was a bit surprised by that, but maybe it's due to the covid situation. Anyway, I hope that eventually it's available for screening for all who want to see it who don't live in a country where it is shown in theaters.

• Like 2

hanhyojoo222-16149055739271-noframe.jpg

hanhyojoo222-16149055739270-crop.jpg

See https://www.instagram.com/p/CMBHlL8s5pF/ for original post with caption 영화 ‘태양은 움직이지 않는다’ 오늘 개봉!
今日公開です!
Today in theaters!

#태양은움직이지않는다 #太陽は動かない #thesundoesnotmove

Hyo Joo is so pretty. I'm so glad that this film she worked on is FINALLY coming out! I feel like she's been working and working and working and now it's finally time for the results of all her work to come out. I wish I could go see this (it is not showing in my country, but hopefully someday on video?) She could actually have quite a productive year, with this, Pirates, and maybe Moving. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Hyo Joo's artist friend Nanankang has an exhibit going on right now, and Hyo Joo has been supporting it by attending and advertising it. (She's often posted work from this artist before.) I like the rabbits hiding in the flowers, lol. 

hanhyojoo222-16155594433102.jpg

hanhyojoo222-16155594433103.jpg

With actress friend Jeon Hye Jin, who also went to the exhibit: 

hanhyojoo222-16153945280381-Enhanced.jpg

Spoiler

The shoes have a design from Nanankang:

hanhyojoo222-16155594433101.jpg

hanhyojoo222-16155594433100.jpg

Images all from https://www.instagram.com/hanhyojoo222/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Way to come back with a bang. 

1. Japanese film The Sun Does Not Move came out. (I saw a lot of reviews from people who specifically went to see this movie because of her. They were pleased with her performance.)

2. MBC is re-airing Dong Yi as part of their 60 years on air anniversary. 

3. OCN is going to air Treadstone in Korea in the first half of this year.

4. Pirates 2 will come out this year.

5. I dunno what's going on with Moving exactly, it seems it keeps getting pushed into the future, but...

6. They just announced today that she's in talks (or has accepted? It varies from article to article) the lead role in a drama called "Happiness," about societal strife in an urban apartment situation where a contagious illness is spreading across the city. Well...I guess if there is someone who knows about happiness while there is strife due to a contagious illness spreading across the city, it would be her? 

Han Hyo Joo fighting!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 3/24/2021 at 8:09 AM, frozentundra said:

Wow. Way to come back with a bang. 

6. They just announced today that she's in talks (or has accepted? It varies from article to article) the lead role in a drama called "Happiness," about societal strife in an urban apartment situation where a contagious illness is spreading across the city. Well...I guess if there is someone who knows about happiness while there is strife due to a contagious illness spreading across the city, it would be her? 

Han Hyo Joo fighting!

Spoiler

Park Sung Hoon in talks to Star as Lead for TVN Drama Happiness.
Sung Hoon plays Jeong Yi-hyun, a high school classmate & friend of Yoon Sae-bom and a police officer.

Spoiler

Edited by serenilmauve
Hide more than 3 tweets in spoiler tags! Thanks!
  • Like 1

Han Hyo Joo In Talks To Star In New Apocalyptic Drama

Mar 24, 2021
by S. Nam

Han Hyo Joo may be starring in a new drama!

On March 24, Ilgan Sports reported that Han Hyo Joo had decided to star in the drama “Happiness” (literal title). Following reports, a source from Han Hyo Joo’s agency BH Entertainment clarified, “Han Hyo Joo is positively reviewing the offer to star in ‘Happiness.'”

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic thriller that takes place in a time in which infectious diseases have become the new normal. In a newly constructed apartment in a large city where the higher floors are up for general sales and the lower floors are rented out, the drama depicts the subtle psychological battle and the class discrimination that occurs. The city hits rock bottom when an impending apocalypse hits in the form of a new type of infectious disease in which people suffer from unabated thirst.

Han Hyo Joo is in talks to star as Yoon Sae Bom, who grew up in an unhappy household. Yoon Sae Bom is decisive and has fast judgement, and she’s the type to put things into action as soon as she puts her mind to it. Her motto is to live comfortably in the complicated world, but she’s actually a character who can hold a grudge. If Han Hyo Joo accepts the offer, this will be her first time starring in a drama in five years since her 2016 drama “W.”

“Happiness” will be helmed by producing director (PD) Ahn Gil Ho and writer Han Sang Woon, who worked on “Watcher” together. The drama will be produced by Studio Dragon, and it’s reportedly scheduled to air in the second half of the year.

• Like 3

Spoiler

[Spotify News = Reporter Shim Eon-kyung] OCN, a "genre masterpiece" will exclusively air Hyo Joo's Hollywood entry Treadstone for the 1st time in Korea.

According to the news report on 22nd, OCN is planning to organize the U.S. TV series Treadstone.

The spin-off drama Treadstone from the movie "The Bourne Series" tells the story of Treadstone, a secret organization under the CIA that created the best spy Jason Bourne. 

Treadstone is well known for its Hollywood advancements such as actors Han Hyo-joo, Lee Jong-hyuk and Lee Jin. In particular, Han Hyo-joo is known to have won the role of Soyoon through auditions, drawing much attention.

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000290720

All about TREADSTONE !

Glad to hear that the series be aired by OCN this year - a great recognition on Hyo, her first Hollywood's production to be aired on small screen locally.  

So Yun will be back with her kicks! 

• Like 2

hanhyojoo222-hanhyojoo222-16166717800902

Some slight scheduling news about HJ's upcoming projects: Because of the change in directors (plus a reshuffling of all scheduling plans of everything in the industry thanks to covid), Moving will start shooting in the fall, and meanwhile Happiness starts filming in I think May. 

It sounds like quite the year for HJ. No wonder she took a lovely trip to stock up and refill! (Photo above is spring on Jeju, by HJ.)

• Like 3

I feel like we're getting a fire hose, lol. HJ did a roundup of what looks like some of her winter activities. The poem is an excerpt from one she wrote in 2020 that was included in the video when she read that poem on YouTube on Christmas Day. (Translation of this excerpt: Reaching out and holding your hand / Passionately embracing / Giving a hug.) Then her art projects. The ring making was in February, I think--I saw a couple of these pictures floating around IG then. 

Winter20-21-2.jpg

winter20-21-1.jpg

Above are technically two images but I'll put the rest under the cut so the moderators don't get nervous. ;) 

Spoiler

HJ with friends lexx_jiae_kim (this is from her account) and jinseoyeon) :

Winter20-21-3.jpg

And finally, her spring story today, with magnolia blossoms and her friend Minseon's dog (from ALUU):

spring21-1.jpg

• Like 3