Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

As a fan I'm so happy she's getting an opportunity to branch out to American television, but a part of me still feels conflicted since I don't watch American shows lol so yeah...

Anyway, does anyone know how long they'll be filming for?

2 hours ago, solaire said:

As a fan I'm so happy she's getting an opportunity to branch out to American television, but a part of me still feels conflicted since I don't watch American shows lol so yeah...

Same. 

One of her cast mates indicated something about "the next nine months." !! If so, I hope they at least get occasional breaks (cause that is a LONG time to film. Then again, most countries do require more breaks for cast and crew than Korea does.) And I hope she updates often so it doesn't feel like she has completely disappeared.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

One of her cast mates indicated something about "the next nine months." !! If so, I hope they at least get occasional breaks (cause that is a LONG time to film. Then again, most countries do require more breaks for cast and crew than Korea does.) And I hope she updates often so it doesn't feel like she has completely disappeared.

oh wow! that's a really long time. I was hoping she'll have time to do a drama or film later this year, but doesn't seem it'll be possible if she's part of the regular cast. I'm guessing the show won't be released till next year too, so there's a chance we might not see her on screen this year?? 

@solaire USA Network still are saying they have it scheduled to air in 2019, so I dunno, maybe fall?? Honestly, even though I live in North America, I don't watch American shows, and don't know a lot about how US TV is filmed, either. But one thing I do know is that in comparison to other countries, Korea has very few laws protecting cast and crew--things like how many hours straight you are allowed to work, etc. So I suspect that while the overall filming may take that long, she personally is not awake 24/7, running through the streets of Budapest or whatever, from here until September. Ie, it should be at a less exhausting pace. 

I'm actually not quite sure how large or small her role is, either. I have seen some articles say she has a smaller, supporting role, and others make it sound like she's part of the regular, recurring cast. And of course, we don't know if all main cast members end up in every episode, or if they focus on some in some episodes and others in others. I mean, maybe they're working with the German/Russians in May, and the Korean gets a bit of a break, for example. Who knows? 

(Sorry, I guess those are not answers, just more questions.)

I haven't been able to watch Kdramas in a long while lol. I never even finished watching W haha. I have Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, and cable TV so I watch A LOT more American/western shows. I'm at the point in my life where I enjoy watching shows that aren't romance focused and where the focus is actually on the female characters (Killing Eve, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, HBO's Sharp Objects, Big Little Lies, Harlots, etc.) 

She is a sleeper agent but since her character resides in N. Korea, I'm wondering how she will be filming with the rest of the main cast if the setting is meant to be in Budapest and how her character will get there. 

13 minutes ago, ohnoitscindy said:

She is a sleeper agent but since her character resides in N. Korea, I'm wondering how she will be filming with the rest of the main cast if the setting is meant to be in Budapest and how her character will get there.

Yes, this is my question, too. I guess for any inside set, it doesn't matter where they build it, but if your point is to be in different, distinct parts of the globe, then at some point you have to go outside, too... ?

I watch both american shows and k-dramas. They each give me different vibes and i must admit that i probably watch more k-dramas than american tv these days. That’s why am hoping hyo shoots a kdrama sometime lol even though the possibility just went down a lot. 

Yeah maybe they built the set in budapest? Lol there’s little to no info but all the cast are there so there’s got to something cooking for all of them in that location. I bet hyo will have breaks in between. She probably still has cf and advertising commitments she needs to uphold back in korea. Unless she already shot all of them? JM solutions should be bringing out new material soon......

• Like 1

It just seems weird to only primarily film in sets/studios when you're in a place as beautiful as Budapest when they could just do that in LA... So I'm assuming they are also going to be filming outdoor sets as well. It's why I'm hoping that there's not too much camera time for her family because I find the action aspects of the show more intriguing. But her character won't abandon her family so who knows. Maybe her family is all just a set up/plant to let her think she has a "normal" life lol.

Budapest is GORGEOUS. I hope we get some good views of the place! (I think we will.) But yeah...how does her North Korean family fit into Budapest??

Maybe that's where all the secret agents are trained to start out with? And after that, they forget the past and are installed in their various locations?

I hope this one’s fast-paced and all about the action. I’ve been saying how I wish she’d do something different and by this I really mean to take on a role that’s not a love interest. I am into shows and films that are more female-centric and I watch everything and would easily drop something that’s not my cup of tea, even with a fave actor in it. But what’s more interesting to me is how a different filming process is gonna change Hyojoo’s acting style (if it does).

January 16, 2019

Han Hyo-joo to Star in 'Bourne' Spinoff Series

Source: The Chosun llbo

2019011601471_0.jpg

Actress Han Hyo-joo has been cast in a U.S. TV series called "Treadstone," a spinoff of the popular "Bourne" film franchise.

The series centers on the CIA black ops program Operation Treadstone, which was the enemy in the "Bourne" series and creates superspies by brainwashing them.

Han plays a woman who has to make difficult choices to protect her family as she learns about her secret past.

The series will shoot this year and air on cable channel USA Network, which is owned by NBC Universal.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Related HHJ excerpt only, full interview & info at KOFIC or Masquerade thread

January 28, 2019 

Interview: CHO Tae-hee, Movie Makeup Artist
“One day, I would like to open a museum on movie makeup”

by SONG Soon-jin KOFIC

The film technicians who contribute to increase the production value of movies, whether it is in locations or production design, music or sound effects, constitute valuable assets to a national film industry. CHO Tae-hee, who has just opened an exhibition that presents his work in some of Korea’s foremost period drama films (Masquerade, 2012; The Fatal Encounter, 2014; The Throne, 2015; Anarchist from the Colony, 2017; The Fortress, 2017; Monstrum, 2018), stands as one of the most important of such assets. The exhibition “Facial Creation in Movies”, which bears the subtitle “Makeup Artist CHO Tae-hee – An Extensive archive of makeup in Korean film”, has been welcoming visitors in the Ara Art Center (www.araart.co.kr) in Jongno District, Seoul from December 29, 2018, and will continue to do so until April 23. The displays are filled with information that are sure to foster interest in the enigmatic world of movie makeup, but also in Korean period drama films to a larger extent.

OlLdRIOzzgccpJHGWNdv.jpg

I guess you must have a certain direction you want to pursue in your work?
If you come on the set, you can see how pretty the actors can be even without makeup. Don’t you find it strange when in a close-up on the face of an actress crying you can see some mascara on her eyelashes? That’s why, when I apply makeup, I don’t use mascara and go easy with the foundation. I had this discussion with HAN Hyo-joo while on the set for Masquerade. I suggested that she do it without any makeup. HAN Hyo-joo agreed, she said, “Alright, I can do it”, and so her natural face showed up in the movie. Preserving the traditional aesthetic and the concept of the movie is my motto.

Photos: style_taehee_cho

Queen of Gwanghae

• Like 3