Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Doesn't Hyo Joo like manly types lol. I read that while filming Master, an incident occurred and KDW got a piece of glass stuck in his neck and he just pulled it out like it was no big deal. I was the same as you @adamag. I knew KDW was considered god tier handsome in Korea but his looks never caught my attention. Out of all the other god tier Korean actors, Won Bin's face is my favorite. Now that I've been watching KDW's movies, I've grown to really appreciate his face haha. Minus his lips, cuz he doesn't have any :( lol 

I know Hyo Joo said in the past that So Ji Sub was her ideal type, but he never appealed to me. But Go Soo is really attractive to me too. I loved his personality in Running Man. Just a chill dude lol. 

I guess I generally like the "pretty" boys in Korean actors haha. I love androgyny a lot as well, but mostly when a woman is considered "masculine" looking. LJS is considered a pretty boy too, but I actually don't find him attractive... lol. People say he and Nana look alike but I find Nana to be way more attractive despite the two sharing similar facial features. 

I like pretty, but I can't get into the Kpop boy groups. Those boys are too pretty. And young. Except TOP, he's the exception lol. 

I tried watching Age of Shadows earlier but kept zoning out and ended up turning it off. Will have to attempt again lol

• LOL 1

38 minutes ago, adamag said:

Lol...i have a korean friend in school here who actually thinks kdw isnt handsome at all and his looks are overrated....she adores so ji sub instead. Honestly to for me, i didnt think kdw was as handsome as koreans made him out to be the first time i saw him, but he definitely wasnt ugly. it was after watching a few of his movies that I began to hype him...i like his entire package and he definitely looks more handsome in my eyes now :wub:. As for So ji sub...the first time i saw him, i swooned. He’s so manly and it was nice to see a face that wasnt the flower boys kind. I definitely love his looks more buh that”s just because my taste is different. In korean entertainment there are definitely people i find handsome/pretty but not my style...i can admire the prettiness of some k-actors buh tbh in real life, am more into handsome rather than pretty men haha. Of all hyo costars, i definitely loved the looks of Go soo and so ji sub more than the rest. I watched always and love 911 with one of my friends who isnt into k-ent and she was surprised to see their manly features because according to her, anytime she catches me watching a kdrama, most of the guys in it look like girls lol.

Oh Go Soo definitely. He is the definition of handsome, oh and of course Jung Woo Sung is handsome. This is just my taste too, Jisub, Gosoo, Insung, Wonbin, even Gong yoo is more “handsome” than KDW for me. But I also understand the hype on KDW, his overall aura, he is tall, manly, handsome too (but as I’ve said there are a lot more handsome than him for me), intelligent, chaebol, and the mysterious personality make up of his overall appeal. I was watching his works and because he now works with Hyojoo, I got to know and respect his acting skills. But after Inrang, - as he is not associated with HJ anymore, I wouldn’t bother to watch his works and clips - that kind of thing, that’s how I feel about him.lol 

My personal male bias long time ago is Jo In Sung, he is such a goood actor whilst watching Bali and also an eye candy in Winter and IOIL. Even I found Jisub boring offcam lol, I finished watching Masters Sun because he is so handsome there, and OMV too, so his handsomeness makes up for it.Haha. Then yes, I first watched Go Soo in Love 911, I thought he has one of the strongest chemistry with Hyo joo, it feels magnetic and natural, and I love their kisses too. I am more into manly guys as well.

And true, there are a lot of guys in Korea who look like girls. I am indifferent to a lot of popular K actors who doesn’t look “handsome” for me. Actually, Park Seo Joon and Ji Chang Wook were two of them, haha but they changed my first impression on them upon watching their works. JCW, is a good actor and “sexy” in motion, and PSJ is soo charming and funny, so I get their charms now and can even say I like them now. LJS too, I never liked him, never thought he is good looking till I watched W, I respect and understood his charms and acting skills watching Kang Chul (I watched WYWS first but I was actually rooting for Wootak lol). Yeo Yoon Seok, also never thought he was good looking but he was better in my eyes when he worked with Hyo in B.I and LL (surely Im being bias here lol).

@ohnoitscindy and yes, I thought Hyojoo likes manly, mature, and reliable guys. I would approve KDW for her (lol though I thought he is a very busy person and doesn’t have time for his love life haha). 

The chemistry between go soo and hyo joo was insane!!  I really love his looks and overall feel...i shipped them until i discovered he was married lmao. Park seo joon has his charms...i like his chemistry with hyo too! Jung woo sung is manly and good looking too..i personally think he and hyo deserve a romance movie....i mean the chemistry in that their photoshoot was over the top...imagine how much more chemistry they will have if they are actually making outB). Jo in sung too is good looking...i hope he gets paired with hyo someday..i have mixed feelings about gong yoo...everytime i look at him, it takes me a while before i see his handsomeness...dont know why lol.

@ohnoitscindy lmao abt kdw not having lips coz its true....i dont think he pulled it out. I think he just sat down and said nothing waiting for someone to remove it while everyone else around him was panicking. He really has a serious ‘i dont care’ kind of lifestyle.

• Like 1

Question, is Hyo joo considered “really pretty” in Korea? Well minus the bias haters that her looks depends on her brother’s controversy. When I was back reading this thread, I saw a lot of comments saying that “Even if Hyo Joo is not that/really/very pretty, I still like her”. 

When I haven’t watched W yet, I have been hearing about her a lot. My friend keeps on gushing about her saying she is her girl crush, then in variety and other random interviews, she is always being mentioned as their ideal type. I remember during BL, a lot are saying that MCW is prettier than her, but seems like its not the case now? or no? 

I’m so happy to find these subbed BL special too, lol

Credits to the owner

I laughed about KDW not having lips lmao

@adamag Gongyoo is charming I guess. He has sense of humor. I was thinking he might be picking up a new project soon, won’t be surprised if Hyojoo joins him.lol

I think hyo joo got prettier in people’s eyes.  I mean i dont think she was thought to be as pretty as people think she is now. I could be wrong tho. For me, her beauty transformation started with the beauty inside. I think people right now consider her to be one of the prettiest actresses and i thought that was what kdw also meant by the “everyone knows she is beautiful,” line. Its not that her looks changed but there’s something very feminine and shiny about her now that fits the korean definition of beautiful that didnt seem there before....now, a lot of people mention her as their ideal type and so on. And i also think that now people with no brother bias will consider her prettier than moon chae won.

Amen to that gong yoo/ hyo joo collab

• Like 1

Tuna not having lips is his worst physical trait lol. Anyone else think he and Jung Joon Young look alike?

The allkpop article said he pulled the glass out lol. 

On the November 19th episode of 'Connect! Movie World', Lee Byung Hun, Kang Dong Won, and Kim Woo Bin appeared as guests to discuss their upcoming movie 'Master'. Kang Dong Won revealed, "There was glass in my throat, so I picked it out and then got it stitched."

The interviewer commented on how nonchalantly he told the story, and he responded, "I had to pick it out myself because nobody helped me. When the costume team came running, they told me to take off my clothes."

source: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/kang-dong-won-recalls-injury-caused-by-glass-in-throat-on-master-set

She's definitely got more of a "goddess" type beauty now compared to her "girl next door" image back then. I honestly think it's because she's paler now compared to BL days lol. She always had a normal tan but since she signed up with LG beauty, she's been getting paler. It works for her though. I just don't like it when she wears her colored contacts and red lips because they make her look like a vampire lol. She's definitely got a more ideal Korean beauty now. 

Some Inrang release date news:

I hope they choose 3rd week of July :) 

Oh okay...not sure how much i trust allkpop but yeah...i might just be mixing the story up. Lol at the vampire look.  I dont mind it that much but she looks prettier with natural make up. I personally think its more than her skin tone. I just cant pin point it. But maybe it really is the skin.

He and jung joon young do look alike.

third week of july sounds like a better choice

I like her red lips photoshoot though, she looks sexy and fierce.But yeah, I was baffled backreading and mostly saying that Hyojoo isn’t really pretty, but when I actually knew her as as a pretty actress before watching any of her works.lol She was so beautiful in W though, I think new generation hallyu fans also knew her through W and thought she is “goddess” pretty standard. I remember in one Love Lies interview, the question to YS and WH was does Hyo joo knows she is pretty, and YS answered, she fully knows that.lol

Anyone knows where I can find full links of her Love letters episodes? I watched some clips and its cool how the guys keep on choosing her despite being tomboyish lol

She might really have something attractive to the guys, lol it helps that she didn’t have any public relationship, seems to make her an eligible bachelorette in kdrama land haha

Can you imagine the 2d1n boys once Hyo joo confirmed a dating scandal? hahaha I was laughing when Jongmin is trying to ask her who does she comes to Jeju with.lol

This article mentions the incident too but yeah, he really does have a "I don't care" attitude. I think Hyo Joo is attracted to that type of people like how Jung Joon Young was with her despite being her shadow during 1n2d lol. When they made fun of him for cooly thanking Hyo Joo for cooking. 

I think she takes better care of her skin/body now compared to when she was younger and was working nonstop. She's built enough of a career that she can take longer breaks in between projects now and I know she's into yoga and all that stuff lol. So she's healthier now as well. She looks frail in those BL special videos :( Her collar bones are so prominent there. 

I think she looks better with heavier eye makeup than a strong lip color lol. 

Earlier the better for Inrang :D 

I used to have her old variety appearances saved onto my desktop before it died on me :( I didn't know about backing up back then lol. She was a lot of fun during those days. I loved the Nonstop 5 reunion episode of Love Letter where Minwoo was trying to win her heart lol. But she always paired up with the old guys -_- The Xman episodes were great too. I love her takedown on the guy from that one kpop group lol 

Here are some videos of her Love Letter appearance with her fellow NN5 cast members that I found on YT: Kim Jong Min is in this too lol

Hyo joo is popular among the boys and men regardless of age. Even in her recent fan meeting u could see a lot of fan boys. If you read old comments about her beauty, they might not be that positive as they are now. 2D1N men would probably talk about it for days lol. I appreciate the love they show her.

jung joon young didnt seem to have a ‘i dont care’ attitude tho. But then i also dont knw much abt the guy.

Awiee, I watched that clips from youtube. I could not find this full link with the guys in green shirt. 

She keeps on choosing Tablo over Minwoo, lol she surely likes non handsome guys when she was young hahahaha. I’m such a late fan. lol

She bloomed when she became older lol. And her long hair too, make a lot difference. Its Monday tomorrow, hope to see her in Inrang posters and stills. I hope they chose 3rd week of July too, I can see that if it does well, they might be able to market it internationally. Checking twitter, there are a lot of interest from anime fans. 

Man, Im laughing at Dong won’s without lips, I was thinking what’s missing/something wrong with his lips and you just pointed it out. Is that why he is called tuna? 

Haha I think JJY is known for his tsundere attitude. A lot of netizens were surprised by how bright he was with Hyo Joo.

Some netizen comments I cherry picked from this source (2nd episode) and here (1st episode). 

• [+11819, -1287] This is the brightest Jung Joonyoung’s been in all the shows I’ve seen of his until now
  • [+388, -122] This is the brightest Jung Joonyoung has been about any of the female guests that have appeared on 1N2D so far ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+267, -57] It’s my first time I’ve seen Jung Joonyoung so bright ㅋ
  • [+340, -7] Joonyoung is deserving of his first place. When Narae came too, he acted like he didn’t care, but since they got close, he took care of her.. He did well throughout the broadcast this time too. He ate all the food and said he ate well. It makes people feel happier to hear this kind of simple words
  • [+172, -3] The Maknae takes care of people well while acting like he doesn’t care ㅋㅋㅋ He matches the other members so well too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I'd recommend reading the rest of the netizen translations on that blogger's page because the blogger chose the more positive comments so it's nice not having to read hate for Hyo Joo all the time lol. The translations for the first HHJ episode are here.

I'll try finding more clips from her Xman/Loveletter appearances. Might take me a while though :ph34r:. Yeah, she always paired up with the old men in those days. There was one XMan episode where Yunho from DBSK was in with her and I wanted them to have any kind of interaction because I was really into DBSK back then.. but nothing *sigh lol. 

Hopefully there will be some nice surprises for us come Monday... It's torture being so close to seeing Hyo Joo out and about again after so many months of nothing.

Hahaha, I like my men and women with nice, plump lips but the man has no upper lip and barely a bottom lip. Hyo Joo has thin lips (well, thin to me) too but there's something really unique in the shape of her mouth, especially her top lip. It's really feminine and pouty. But KDW is called tuna because Dong Won is one of the biggest companies that produces tuna in South Korea.

• Like 1

I think am gonna explode if we get disappointed on monday. Oh i see about jung joon young haha!

ooh dont know how valid this is yet but looks like inrang decided on july 26:unsure:...

@ohnoitscindy thank you for looking for these videos, no worries about the subs. 

Oooh, Inrang has one week to earn before Along with the Gods 2 opens, man, good luck! I hope it's good, and has a heart despite of the heavy action. I watched Along with the Gods 1, and I was bawling my eyes out with the mother scene at the ending, Kim Dong Wook killed it!

Guest kaz11

Gosh 14 years in the biz! Happy anniversary, Hyojoo!! Here’s to more projects and better roles in the future. 

Perhaps we’ll get something in a few hours, hoping for a teaser trailer, I wanna see them in action. 

I am with you girls, I prefer manly. Manly with boyish charms to be exact. So, Go Soo, Park Seojoon and Dongwon, for me. Too bad Go Soo’s married, lol, he’s the only one who can pull off different hairstyles and still look good. Seojoon is my Korean husband because of a personal reason, lol. But I loved him with her in Beauty Inside. Aaand Dongwon, he’s become the male equivalent of Hyojoo on my list, they are my biases in K-ent. I love tuna and whale, period. I’m in love with the variety of roles in his filmography, his passion for his craft, his intelligence (English skills, man), his “don’t care” aura, his visuals — I really find him handsome. I would love it if she works with Gong Yoo, tuna’s cousin, too. I was into him after Coffee Prince, he’s so sexy and was great as Han Kyul but I was unable to appreciate any of his other projects (aside from one film). I don’t find LJS attractive, too. 

I’ve always found Hyojoo really pretty, I’d say her face looks “harmonious”. But, yeah, she started having more of the goddess look when she got into films. I think it’s her aura of increased confidence, in her looks and skills. But I kinda miss the younger her, lol, don’t know why. Overall I hope she goes on those variety shows more often. 

Yes, happy 14th debut anniversary to our girl! Here's to hoping she gets more success and happiness in life :) 

I hope we get something today... I will be so disappointed if we don't :( It's morning in Korea now...

Manly with boyish charms is the perfect description for my type as well haha. Park Seojoon is really attractive to me too and I remember getting excited over their interactions BTS of Beauty Inside. I loved when he said he felt jealous over the other Woojins haha. 

Those traits you listed for KDW are perfect, @kaz11. His passion for acting is so admirable. He's such an ideal man to me haha. Tall, handsome, masculine, intelligent, hardworking, passionate. If only he'd slow down on working so much so he can date huhu lol. 

I also miss the younger Hyo Joo, especially when she first started acting. She was really fun back then lol. It's hard for me to think back to when she was a host on Inkigayo because she comes off as so demure now because of that "actress" image lol. But we know she's down for anything. 

I should really stop getting excited, It always have the opposite results lol 

Why do I have a feeling that we are not getting anything today? Pwahahaha 

Don’t troll on us Inrang promo team lol

Hyo is playing around with Park Seo Joon too, like what she does with LJS. Difference is that PSJ is not as touchy as LJS. Seojoon seems a bit shy but Hyo is teasing him. She looks fond of him too. But their bts is very short. There was a short vid in their bts wherein Seojoon was playing around with his fingers, Hyojoo was saying, “You are leaving anyway, Anyeong”...