[OFFICIAL] Ik♥️Song Nation - ALOHA COUPLE - Flower♥️Clown - 99ers

@~Always~ For the rewatch, we’re doing 1 episode per week (Sunday- Saturday). So starting Sunday we’re moving onto ep 5. But of course, we can still discuss other episodes anytime HAHA. The schedule is just so that we get to be on the same page which makes for an easier flow of discussion. 

I didn’t notice Jwon catching SHwa gazing at IJ before so your gif definitely helped!!! :lol: And just like you I’m definitely curious about his role in IkSong and how he ended up introducing IJ to his ex-wife.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the welcome everyone ,

thank you @snowlouand @KDramaFan0828 for point out SH position in the triangle love, and yes it’s too melodramatic .

sorry i think i didn’t mention it correctly, I mean the hints of triangle loveline in eps 4 is between lacking 5 which happened in their first year of college. 
in eps 2 flashback, we knew SHyung has a crush on SH.

in eps 4 flashback, SH is honey dripping looking at IJ when he played Canon. and later in eps 6 we found IJ is planning to confess his feelings too to SH.
While in eps 4 present time SHyung confirms to his mother that there’s nothing going on between him and SH. 

so i think there would be no triangle loveline anymore between lacking 5.

To see their relationship in 1999, I don’t think SH is really over care about SHyung being hurt or if she and IJ got together the friendship among 5 of them will be destroy (after all they just started being friend, so i don’t think the friendship is deep enough). She joins the club just to get close with IJ, enter the shed just to follow IJ and took a picture together so she could have a picture together with IJ. 
She’s really a taurus girl. an independent woman  and when she wants something she’s sure she will fight to get it. And i’m sure she knew back then if IJ wants to meet her alone on her birthday especially in the evening, she has a hunch that he has something special for her that’s why she follow up his request to meet her. 

Btw i forgot if i read in this thread or main thread if anyone has discussed their character from their astrology. However i only knew SH’s born in spring between end of Apr - early May. So she’s a taurus. Since i’m also a taurus, i find a lot in common in her character with me. She’s really into food (and we always feel hungry), independent, have personal space/boundaries, assertive, close friend = family, self care queen (taurus knows how to treat ourself - one of them is online shopping everything even unnecessary thing just to make us happy), and we always work hard to get what we want - until we knew there’s a line/wall that we couldn’t cross or stop us to reach the destination. 

I have a feeling that there’s another girl between IJ and SH back to their first year of college, that makes SH is slowly step back to win IJ’s heart. And i don’t know maybe she will appear in next season. 

Well i’m sure love triangle IJ-SH-CH is ended, to give a little trigger for SH’s POV is to bring another girl for IJ but i’m not sure If they will complicate the story since current situation already complicated between IJ and SH.

Edited by Crystalclear
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Welcome @~Always~ the accidental shipper :joy::wub: 

For everyone, please feel free to join the rewatch party. We do have the group chat for sending reminder on which episode to watch and when but since we have some people here who also express interest in joining, I think I'll also post a reminder here on the thread. But if anyone wants to be included in the group chat, please let me know :) (but again, the content of the group chat is really just a reminder). 

So Ep 5 rewatch is starting from tomorrow Sunday, 5 July 2020 until Saturday, 11 July 2020. 

Most of you probably already know that Shin PD is going to broadcast new bts every Thursday until S2? I haven't been keeping up with any extra stuff since the special ep + band performance(even I haven't watched the subbed one for those two) so please share any crumbs shin PD revelead/will reveal on IkSong here too if you don't mind coz I doubt I'll be up-to-date with the BTS stuffs :tears:

5 hours ago, snowlou said:

Welcome @~Always~ the accidental shipper :joy::wub: 

For everyone, please feel free to join the rewatch party. We do have the group chat for sending reminder on which episode to watch and when but since we have some people here who also express interest in joining, I think I'll also post a reminder here on the thread. But if anyone wants to be included in the group chat, please let me know :) (but again, the content of the group chat is really just a reminder). 

So Ep 5 rewatch is starting from tomorrow Sunday, 5 July 2020 until Saturday, 11 July 2020. 

Most of you probably already know that Shin PD is going to broadcast new bts every Thursday until S2? I haven't been keeping up with any extra stuff since the special ep + band performance(even I haven't watched the subbed one for those two) so please share any crumbs shin PD revelead/will reveal on IkSong here too if you don't mind coz I doubt I'll be up-to-date with the BTS stuffs :tears:

@snowlou thank you for the welcome. I fell down the rabbit hole and here I am. :smiley:

Have taken note of the schedule @KDramaFan0828

• Love 1

On 7/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, ryanallright said:

It is too melodramatic if SeokHyeong is included in the equation. Shin PD already planned not to do so.

So I believe that Shin PD will not disappointed us and will keep it simple and it will be just Ik-Song

Yes, especially when Seokhyeong now has 2 other women in his life now. His ex and Minha.

I think the problem will be just between IkJun and Songhwa. Mostly Songhwa's feelings. 

Welcome @~Always~ and @Crystalclear feel free to move down your views on anything iksong. Today is the re-watch of episode 5 too. 

• Like 3

IkSong FMV 'First Love'

TMI about the videos that I'm going to share: 

The song itself originally sung by Epitone Project and released in 2018. A year later, I think the song got a remake version by Sondia and she sung it as part of OST of drama (Extraordinary You). I personally think because we got two versions of the song, I just think while listening to the woman's version it describe about SHwa's feeling while the man's version it's about IJ's feeling. 

Okay here are the videos and the Eng translations

The moment I first met you
I remember I couldn’t breathe
In case you heard me
In case you noticed, I felt so anxious, I remember

Your voice was so nice
It was even better when we walked together
Yes, I remember those times
They were days I loved you till my heart ached

(To me) You’re my first love every day
Just like snow in spring, I wait for you
The heart fluttering days, the drunken nights
My heart feels strange whenever the wind blows

On days I sadly cried, on nights I swayed
My heart feels strange whenever the wind blows (as ever)

Sometimes, love can be so lonely
Life is always hard
I know, days we were together
They were days I loved you till my heart ached

The heart fluttering days, the drunken nights
My heart feels strange whenever the wind blows

On days I sadly cried, on nights I swayed
My heart feels strange whenever the wind blows (as ever)

cr eng trans: popgasa 

note: the one that I put inside the bracket isn't translated but in the original lyric, those words are there so I just add a little translation

• Love 6

Episode 5 random ramblings:

My Iksong-crumb-seeking heart tells me that Ik-jun probably has two reactions with Song-hwa's heroic deed in the opening scene: Proud because his girl is so strong and worried because that criminal could have hurt her. Of course, this is only headcanon because, at this point, I doubt Ik-jun has already realized the fact that he has lingering feelings for SH.

Ikjun dropped the D-word during their meal but I felt like SH intentionally brushed him off by attempting to change the subject. I wonder why? :blink:

Can I just say Ik-jun looks so cool during the band practice? I couldn't blame Songhwa for staring at him while he sang the line: "I want to stay by your side forever" :wub:

The scene where Ik-jun turned off the lights in Song-hwa's office reminds me of a grade-schooler trying to make his crush notice him haha

On Song-hwa x Chi-hong scene:
Song-hwa asked Chi-hong directly if he likes him. That means she has strong intuition (and trusted it enough) to ask someone that kind of question. So I'm thinking maybe she somewhat have an inkling about Ik-jun's feelings for her back in '99.

On how she dealt with Chi-hong's confession, she was obviously uncomfortable about it. She knows what she likes and what she doesn’t. It was kind of obvious that Chi-hong here doesn't stand a chance, so she tried stopping him from letting all his feelings out because things would get awkward if he did. She could have rejected him there and there but she was being nice because they have to work together (sorry Chihong, you're cute but I like Ik-jun better for my girl SH haha).

Oh my gat Kimchi, I totally forgot that this was the episode where Go Ara made a cameo! Also, I remembered someone on Twitter pointed out the couple figurine on the shelf behind Ik-sun was gone around episode 10(?), the scene where Ik-jun smoothly told Song-hwa his gift to himself is spending time with her. Going back, his reason for breaking up is because she won't eat!!! I know someone who can definitely eat with gusto. Maybe Son-hwa was wrong for saying Ikjun is the type of person who is happy when they're eating something good. Maybe Ik-jun is more like Jeong-won, who is happier seeing others enjoy good food.

(sorry for the lack of screencap since I can't do that on the app I'm using :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Didn't expect my notes for episode 5 to be this long sorry HAHA :sweatingbullets: Oh well, here goes nothing!

The earlier parts of episode 5 gave quite an emphasis on divorce, probably because IJ had just settled his in the previous episode. When the group was eating together, the conversation somehow ended up covering the topic of divorce when IJ casually suggested that SH’s mom should get a divorce just like him. SHwa for some reason seemed upset about it sarcastically saying “We’re so cool these days. We talk about heavy topics like they’re nothing. We’re like grown ups.” As Jwan entertained IJ telling him that he made the right choice with the divorce, SHwa immediately changed the topic saying "We are busy tonight. Hurry up and eat. We should go practice and do other stuff. We’re busy.” Aside from the fact that SHwa probably knew that IJ was just pretending that his divorce wasn’t a big deal, I feel that SHwa was just uncomfortable with the topic. Similar to how she brushed off Jwan’s suggestion to check on IJ before, she might’ve felt that the discussion on IJ’s divorce wasn’t something she can weigh on. Whether intentional or not, whether true or not, any of her inputs would always seem to have underlying biases because they had history, however far they may have gone. 

The scene then transitions into their band practice where they sung “Oh What a Shiny Night”. The song comes from the POV of someone who was left by his lover so he decided to turn to alcohol to help him get by. The song repeatedly says "Don’t go”, “Don’t leave me”, "Don’t leave me behind”, so the meaning of the song is pretty straightforward. It might be worthwhile to note that this is the first time IJ is shown to be the lead singer and in the present. Working on the premise that the song helps to show the narrative, especially for the singer, this tells me that IJ is still struggling to accept his divorce. And the way that both IJ and SH left in the middle of the song tells me that the song applies to SH as well, still pitying his ex-wife.

For me, the episode needed to allow some time to establish that IJ was still coping with this drastic change in his life, separate from SHwa. But despite this, I think the episode had carefully inserted building blocks for their loveline, consistent with the earlier episodes. First, I am still convinced that the whole mafia game scene served as a metaphor for IkSong’s story as I’ve explained before in detail on the main thread. In summary, each of the players represented one of the lacking 5 (Rosa-SHwa; Jongsu-IJ; Jwon-Jwon; Director Ju-Jwan; SH’s mom-SH). How the mafia game played out foreshadows IJ hiding the fact that he liked SHwa before, and vice-versa, with only Jwon knowing everything as the game master. Second, I think the episode started to lay out the dynamics between IJ and Shwa and the roles they might play in each other’s lives. 

Given his situation, IJ seems frustrated about the state of his family, which is probably why we always see him invested in the families of his patients. From his conversation with IS and Jwan, we find out why his relationship with Go Ara did not work out. "She wouldn’t eat. When we met, she never ate. It felt like she lived in a different world from me.” This again reinforces IJ’s love language and how he values to be with someone in the same world as him. This also tells us that despite his denial, his relationship with HJ was far from his ideal given that they didn’t get to eat together and they were almost literally living in different worlds. As his world now involves Uju, it’s a big factor he will consider going into a relationship. Keeping this in mind, we’ve already seen SHwa take care of Uju from the very first episode. I believe SHwa referring to him as “Uri Uju” during their dinner was significant and so far, only SHwa had been consistently associated to Uju aside from IJ (and Imo HAHA).

On the other hand, we see SHwa going into her consultation alone, the first time we see her vulnerable. During this whole arc, we often see SHwa clasping her hands together, a body-language done to self-pacify, as she only had herself to depend on. Interestingly when she was nervously trying to check her chest back in her office, IJ suddenly barged in, the first time IJ and SHwa are alone together without any walls between them, and not in the parking lot. Another interesting observation is how IJ has been the only one to actively try to slow SHwa down. Her eating habits might only be a single representation of all the things she crams into her life. Here we see SHwa planning to do an all-nighter and IJ telling her to make her residents do the work and to take it easy, even jokingly turning off the lights on her.  Despite the simplicity of the scenes, I think they’re enough to show early on how they fit into each other’s lives.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Thank you @kmsl and @KDramaFan0828 for posting your thoughts early :)I will only add a bit more as I couldn't really get a lot crumbs or thoughts on this episode :( 

3 scenes which contained IkSong: the BBQ scene, the band scene, and the office scene where IJ turned the light on and off. I agreed with kmsl, that scene looked like a grade-schooler playing prank on the girl he liked hehe. And I love kdramafan0828 analysis on how that showed the first instance of IJ trying to get SHwa to slow down. 

Yes, what a strong woman our SHwa is! Not only mentally and emotionally (thus she's called the emotional pillar) but also physically - how is it such a petite lady able to throw an empty water container :joy: and with precision too! 

15 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Working on the premise that the song helps to show the narrative, especially for the singer, this tells me that IJ is still struggling to accept his divorce. And the way that both IJ and SH left in the middle of the song tells me that the song applies to SH as well, still pitying his ex-wife.

I noticed this interesting thing too that the only ones left were again IJ and SHyeong (previously in canon in D, it was also the two of them who said the song was their fav). I was wondering why this was so I'm glad you explained it this way. 

I agree with kmsl again: SHwa is very perceptive but I wonder whether she realised his feeling for her in the past because you know sometimes we can't see things in relation to us that clearly especially when it comes to whether someone we like likes us back :P SHwa seemed to be uncomfortable with Chi Hong confession.. but she must have seen it coming no? After all, she was the one who started it by asking him directly whether he liked her. Unless she was doing it hoping that Chi Hong would actually give her the answer she wanted - a 'no' and so she could treat any future advancements as friendly gestures. 

So we could also see some resemblance between Rosa and SHwa when dealing with unwanted situation. Rosa tried so many times to ignore JWon as she knew he's going to ask her permission about being a priest - as SHwa also chose to act 'ignorantly' (eg: not rebutting IJ when he called Cap his brother in law even though she knew very well he's interested in her and so on) even after being confessed to by the two guys. 

The explanation by kmsl and kdramafan on IJ's ex not eating as well as the mafia game are daebak! I wouldn't have been able to come up with such connection :)

Interesting things to note

- When Chi Hong confessed, SHwa's first reaction was to look away, exactly like how she reacted to IJ's confession. The difference lies on what came after. SHwa straight up asked Chi Hong to stop but she couldn't say anything to IJ. LOL I know this has been mentioned several times but anyhow..here I said it again :) 

- Another flower scene on this episode: SHwa received the flowers from Cap. Of course at this point of time some ppl were still guessing on who might be the giver. But now that we already know exactly that they came from Cap, we could actually see that SHwa also thought so. That's also what triggered her into thinking that Cap might like her. 

- Still no more 'touch' scene 

Why is it another long post???? LOL. Anyway, have an awesome day everyone :happy2:

On 7/4/2020 at 1:09 AM, Crystalclear said:

Btw i forgot if i read in this thread or main thread if anyone has discussed their character from their astrology. However i only knew SH’s born in spring between end of Apr - early May. So she’s a taurus. Since i’m also a taurus, i find a lot in common in her character with me. She’s really into food (and we always feel hungry), independent, have personal space/boundaries, assertive, close friend = family, self care queen (taurus knows how to treat ourself - one of them is online shopping everything even unnecessary thing just to make us happy), and we always work hard to get what we want - until we knew there’s a line/wall that we couldn’t cross or stop us to reach the destination. 

Sorry only got to reply to this now. Yup, I recall bringing up SHwa being a Taurus but since I’m not very familiar with astrology I wasn’t able to share anything about her Taurus characteristics. So glad that you shared being a Taurus yourself :lol: I did a quick search and found that Tauruses can sometimes be jealous and possessive. Is this true? If so, maybe we can expect scenes of SHwa being jealous in the future? She doesn’t seem like the jealous type but we haven’t really seen her bad/immature side :joy: Hmmm now I wonder when IJ’s birthday is and what his sign is HAHAHA Any guesses?

Spoiler

From episode 5 we know that SH’s birthday is in July which makes him either a Cancer or a Leo. There’s a higher probability that he’s a Cancer and I think the characteristics are more applicable as well

@kmsl @snowlou I agree with your observation that SHwa was clear about the line she drew with CH from the start. Because snowlou compared this with IJ’s breakfast confession, I was also drawn to rewatch both scenes HAHA. I just found it funny how the show-runners set the mood for both. The BGM with CH’s confession was such a melancholic tune while IJ’s breakfast confession was capped with the chorus of “Beautiful my Love”. This plus considering how SH cupped her forehead as she gets suspicious of the sender of the flowers and how she reacted (facial expressions, gestures, and tone of voice) from CH giving her coffee, reinforcing her suspicions, to finding out about CH’s feelings. If we also take all these non-verbal cues, they’re pretty explicit with their intentions on how to present the narrative.

I think it might be important to note this characteristic of SHwa for future purposes. She doesn’t hesitate to express when she disagrees or something displeases her. She immediately rejected CH as well as SH. She expressed her disappointment in Jwan when he didn’t tell her about her ex. She told Seokmin off about his attitude towards the patient. And in the later episodes, she frankly told CH that she’s uncomfortable to spend time alone with him and preferred that they don’t eat alone together. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

16 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Sorry only got to reply to this now. Yup, I recall bringing up SHwa being a Taurus but since I’m not very familiar with astrology I wasn’t able to share anything about her Taurus characteristics. So glad that you shared being a Taurus yourself :lol: I did a quick search and found that Tauruses can sometimes be jealous and possessive. Is this true? If so, maybe we can expect scenes of SHwa being jealous in the future? She doesn’t seem like the jealous type but we haven’t really seen her bad/immature side :joy: Hmmm now I wonder when IJ’s birthday is and what his sign is HAHAHA Any guesses?

hahahaha yes, Taurus is one of the most possesive/jealous sign among other signs.
But yes, don’t know how SHwa being jealous as she’s too calm in every situation.

in eps 5, the way SHwa never comments about IJ’s divorce seems like that she doesnt want to know his relationship with his ex wife (whatever issue they have, even maybe listen to them mention his ex can make her irritated / a bit jealous - sorry if it’s too much hallucination hahaha ), while to SHyung she’s asking if he’s still not over her ex wife.

I don’t have much any insight for eps 5 but in the scene band practice when SHyung leave, it’s only SHwa, JWan and JWon who are shock and seems like they dont want SHyung to leave, shout out to him and looking at him when he’s leaving, while IJ still calm and sing and when 2 second later he’s leaving too, the OT3 singing louder in the lyric “don’t go”. I was wondering if IJ knew they’re planning to celebrate SHyung birthday (even though he also mention “today is thight schedule” when he’s with JWon in hospital).

I start looking clues when is IJ’s birthday or his astrology sign. And i found in (again) eps 10.

There are 2 animal figure, the Bull (Taurus sign) and the Lion (Leo sign). When SHwa sleep the Bulls is point out to her while Lion  head to the door where IJ standing in front of the door. 

D38-FE00-A-85-A4-4116-ADBD-90-AD9564-A50

So my guess in eps 5 is OT3 plan to celebrate party for SHyung and early birthday for IJ ?! That’s why IJ looks calm when SHyung left and it’s ok for him to leave too. So If it’s July could be arround date 20 something - while SHyung is cancer and IJ is Leo.

IJ being Leo is make sense. Leo is one of the social butterfly sign, they love to party, warm hearted and have sense of humor, and sometimes didnt realize that they’re also self centered person (like when he talks about his sister but JWan know it’s about him, and in eps 9 when he said he has plan to eat teobokki with Mina and Gyeoul because they like him *lol*)

SHyung being a Cancer is giving me a bad feeling. Probably he could has cancer in next season, also he was bump to one of a new nurse that has a father who has a cancer treatment. 

(The writer wouldnt give much scene for supporting role unless they bring the story to the main role, right ? 

ps. sorry i lost password/email from my previous user

Edited by Crystalclear89
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

I'm loving your Astrology take on Iksong @Crystalclear89 . And because I'm a fool for these two. I've searched their "compatibiliy"

Spoiler

Taurus and Leo can't seem to keep their hands off each other. As fixed signs, they share an urge for loyalty and stable affection. However, that doesn't mean they always have an easy relationship.

Ikjun as a Leo totally makes sense :lol:

But please no more cancer scare in S2 :tears:

• Love 3

@Crystalclear89 WOW THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANALYSIS!!!

I checked the signs’ descriptions yesterday trying to make a guess and was on the fence because I thought both Leo and Sagittarius seemed appropriate for IJ. AND YOU PRESENTED US WITH EASTER EGGS FOR THE BULL (SHwa) AND LION (IJ) !!! I think it fits perfectly (plus your theory about the celebration). Here are the Leo characteristics I found:

Positive: Generous, warmhearted, creative, enthusiastic, broad-minded, expansive, faithful, loving

Negative: Pompous, patronizing, bossy, interfering, dogmatic, intolerant

So far I’m convinced because their personalities fit the descriptions and because we have birthday clues for the other two

SHwa: Taurus

IJ: Leo

SH: Cancer

@kmsl HEHE already one step ahead, I see :lol: and yep I really hope there won’t be another cancer scare. Whenever I see possibilities for things to turn messy I just remind myself that it wouldn’t fit the tone of the drama Shin-Lee aims to create.

• Love 3

Hello chingus. Sorry I wasn't able to join you in the re-watch of episode 5. Things have been hectic.  I'll catch up with you all next Sunday. But I'm loving all your analysis. 

• Love 2

Reminder for everyone who's interested in joining our rewatch for ep 6: starting tomorrow Sunday, 12 July 2020 till Saturday, 18 July 2020. 

I think starting from ep 6..we'll get some of our memorable IkSong moments

:yaaa: I'll be patiently waiting for all your thoughts! 

Hi, Chingu-deul! :D

Today we start with ep 6 rewatch and since this is one of my favorite episodes, I think my notes became extra long (even longer than usual) :sweatingbullets: So I'll just be sharing in two parts again. I'll probably share the second one sometime within the week :lol: Anyway, I'll go ahead and share what I think are the more important points.

SHwa and IJ

Episode 6 opens with IJ and SHwa meeting again in the parking lot, but this time their scene together transitions into the cafe of the hospital. Here we see the episode establishing the differences between the two. While SHwa would really enjoy working in the countryside, hiking and visiting the beach during her free time, IJ would much rather spend his time in the city, going shopping in malls and clubbing at night. In this conversation, I noticed that there was a hint of disappointment in SHwa’s tone which smoothly changed into amusement as IJ continued to explain himself. For now I’m unsure how these differences would be explored in the future but I’m not really bothered much about it as they’re simply preferences. To me, these differences simply show their uniqueness and individuality, and make them their own person. Furthermore, they’ve established before that people change as they age and IJ himself considered the conversation a daydream for himself acknowledging his reality that his top priority now is Uju which is why all his extra time is already devoted to him.

Despite showing IJ and SHwa’s differences, I can’t help but notice their similarity with respect to their own problems. Both of them chooses to fight their battles alone and just let their friends know when it was almost settled. Is it because they’re independent enough to handle it by themselves or because they don’t want to be vulnerable to others? Maybe both. During their dinner, SHwa acted the same way IJ did about his divorce. She was downplaying her situation, even laughing about it a little while breaking the news that the shape didn’t look.

Screen-Shot-2020-07-12-at-11-07-48-PM.pn

While IJ mostly kept silent, the other 3 guys offered to help out. SH offered to call his cousin, Jwon offered to call the hospital, while Jwan offered to accompany her. All of which were strongly rejected by SHwa. Fast forward to the next day, SHwa wasn’t as strong as she hoped to be. Alone in her car, she breathes deeply and sighs multiple times. Again, she clasps her shaking hands together to calm herself down. Here, the emptiness of the parking lot and the hospital in the quiet morning seemed to mock her own loneliness. As she turns into the empty hallway and finally registers that IJ, tired and sleep-deprived, was already seated in front of the consulation room waiting for her, you could almost see the tension on SHwa's shoulders disappear a little bit as she shows a faint smile.

I really like this episode as it draws a clear picture of a very important aspect of IJ and SHwa’s dynamic: companionship and support. This dynamic was also subtly paralleled by Rosa and Jongsu. Rosa was also going to the hospital alone that day for a check-up when we see Jongsu already with her and offering to drive her home. They then had a conversation about entering a nursing home together. For the two, romance and marriage are already out of the question, but regardless of this, they had a beautiful relationship as they now consider each other their life companion. While SHwa is the emotional pillar for the other 4, she seems to have an older, almost noona-like, relationship with Jwon and SH, and on the other hand, IJ and Jwan are the ones she could comfortably bicker with. But while they all show concern for SHwa, only IJ actively tries to break into the walls SHwa has carefully built around her world, just as how IJ is also the one trying to slow her down. This is why while all of the guys offered to help, only IJ actually showed up despite SHwa’s refusal. Despite SHwa clearly expressing that she was fine on her own, the look of relief on SHwa’s face as she saw IJ in the hospital tells me otherwise. Because the truth is, she really needed someone to be by her side at that point in time. As SHwa was called in for the results, she looked at IJ for a few seconds, trying to draw strength from him. IJ nodded and faintly smiled in reassurance.

4811mg.gif

IJ was shown following SHwa into the consultation room - a very important scene in my opinion as it shows the intimacy of SHwa and IJ’s relationship and showed just how much SHwa was comfortable in showing IJ her vulnerability. I believe IJ entering her world was again emphasized in her own consulation room. When all the boys checked on SHwa, all of them carefully stayed within the doors of SHwa’s room, while IJ was the only one who actually went in and gave her coffee (just in time when SHwa suddenly wanted it).

4811se.gif

And in this very short scene below, I think they were able to encapsulate just how important, IJ’s role is in SHwa’s life. As SHwa opens a can of soda, IJ asks: “You can’t finish it right? Pour me some.” — a line that is very simple but I believe is very poetic. To me, the sharing of soda is symbolic of IJ’s willingness stay by SHwa’s side and share her burdens when they’re too much for her to handle. 

Screen-Shot-2020-07-12-at-10-46-25-PM.pn

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2

Hello Iksong shipper mates!

I am a late-starter have watched HP all episodes on Netflix.

Enjoyed every single analysis you posted on this thread! 

I would like to share my thoughts of connection between the movie The Classic and HP.

To rewatch this a little dated movie might give you an idea of where Iksong love story was affected. (disclaimer: including some spoilers)

The Classic (2003) 

Story about first love of both mother and daughter, both played by Son Ye-Jin (Crash Landing on You)

1. The song 99s played in episode 12 "Me to You, You to Me" is from "The Classic"

2. "Cannon" opens the film

3.  They both fell in love by the first sight. They both in triangle love with their best friend and had to give up and prioritize friendship

4. Both stories have turning point of their love in the rain.  "Me to You, You to Me" is played in the rain sequence

5. Difference between love of mother and daughter : Mother was liked by 2 boys and ended up marry the one who was not her first love.  It was an arranged marriage.  Daughter is in triangle situation with her best friend, eventually she is getting her first love. There is another twist but I don't think this will be the case of Iksong

Can we assume mother's situation to Rosa and daughter's to Song-Hwa? Rosa confirmed she married for convenience.

Then this hypothesis comes up to my mind. There might be another girl in between Ik-jun and Song-Hwa in 1999. That girl made Song-Hwa giving up her love to Ik-jun... To backing up this hypothesis, Song-Hwa was very curious for Sunbin's question of when and who was Ik--jun's first love when they were playing truth or drink game in episode 11.

ad797-zo97x.jpg

Edited by HPholic99
insert image
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 5

19 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

This is why while all of the guys offered to help, only IJ actually showed up despite SHwa’s refusal. Despite SHwa clearly expressing that she was fine on her own, the look of relief on SHwa’s face as she saw IJ in the hospital tells me otherwise. Because the truth is, she really needed someone to be by her side at that point in time. As SHwa was called in for the results, she looked at IJ for a few seconds, trying to draw strength from him. IJ nodded and faintly smiled in reassurance.

IJ was shown following SHwa into the consultation room - a very important scene in my opinion as it shows the intimacy of SHwa and IJ’s relationship and showed just how much SHwa was comfortable in showing IJ her vulnerability. I believe IJ entering her world was again emphasized in her own consulation room. When all the boys checked on SHwa, all of them carefully stayed within the doors of SHwa’s room, while IJ was the only one who actually went in and gave her coffee (just in time when SHwa suddenly wanted it).

Hi @KDramaFan0828 sorry to cut your post short, but i really love that you mention this. I love how IJ acted like SHwa's husband in this scene, he greet the nurse "thank you for seeing us this early" and going to the consultation room together with SH.

Although all the boys are concern with her biopsy result, even JWan wants to accompany her to check the result (and up to this scene IS still have not giving him her answer). Jwon wants to call the hospital to check the result, SHyung wants to call his cousins also. That's why IJ bought 5 cans of coffee because he might think that all of them will eventually come to accompany her.

Until 25 minutes before eps 6 ended, there's no significant clue or action from one of the the boys that seems to have love interest or more than friendship feelings to SHwa. Even though all the 4 guys care for her, and direction from the writer might still vague. and yes this scene is the answer.

* number 4 is being blurred behind SHwa's head is foreshadow that there are 4 guys that might or might not have something special with her.

* and change the scene when IJ sit down in front of consultation room show number 1 in focus - could means that we have the answer only 1 person that will have something special with her among the boys, & that's IJ.

SH4.jpg

IJ-1.jpg

I want to point out some things that might happen in eps 6 (and this keep crossed in my mind) :

- When SHwa, JWan and IJ have lunch at SHwa's room and Chihong enter the room, IJ said "my brother, good to see you" and then SHwa reply with "a younger sister's husband is brother in law". JWan looks surprised with IJ and SHwa's talk (not because of them) because maybe IJ has discuss with SHwa about how close IS with her resident CH (and how IJ like CH and  might speak a good thing about him - this is indication why SHwa is easy to praise CH in front of IJ in eps 10, because she knows he also think CH is a good guy, although that moment is different for IJ)

- When IJ finish up the surgery before went to SHwa in the morning, he didn't take his car to hospital, instead he use taxi. For my understanding, it could means he's  tired after long night surgery, might be sleepy and also how worry he is to think about SHwa's condition, that might make him couldn't focus while driving. And also if the result turn to bad, he might think that SHwa wouldn't be able to drive her car.

And I thought after that, as the result is not bad IJ will just going home. but he joins SHwa back to the Yulje (he didn't change his clothes for 2 night) and still come to her before rounds and bring her coffee when the guys check on her.

Edited by Crystalclear89
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

Chingus, I'm just warning you beforehand, this is going to be a super-duper long post. I think I'm just gonna post it in one go so good luck reading this:scream:

We have many IkSong moment this episode: the car park scene, the café scene, 3x eating scenes, band scene and the flashback scene. So let me just attach my thoughts on this episode according to these scenes.

Car park scene

Episode 6 started with IkSong for the first time yay! It is interesting to note that car park scenes seem to belong to IkSong: apart from the many interactions between IJ and SHwa happened in the car park, we also had SHwa scene with her ex and IJ scene waiting for SHwa on that rainy day. And guess who else had car park scenes? Rosa and Jung Su! The parallelism between the two ‘couples’ are indeed strong although I have no idea what meaning does ‘car park’ hold.

The café scene: 2 notable things: ‘flowers’ and ‘touch’.

Flower was being mentioned when SHwa reminded IJ that he loved taking flower photos now and IJ said that he could always take photos of flowers which were nicely arranged in the department store (LOL). On this episode, another parallelism between IkSong and Jung-Ro was again shown when the latter was doing some light gardening together with Rosa attended to her flowers and Jung Su taking photos of them. Seriously, there must be something with flowers and IkSong right? But what though? Why all these flower’s scenes? We know that we coin SHwa as ‘flower’ and also ‘Rosa’ means ‘Rose’ in latin apparently. But I still don’t get it why the flower scenes. To date we have a few of them (I’m repeating myself here): when NS team saw the fake flowers being planted and SHwa mentioned that they could see real flowers when camping; SHwa receiving flowers from Chi Hong; IJ mentioned he took 6000 photos of flowers, and the two scenes on this episode I mentioned just then. Why why why?

A light ‘touch’ between SHwa and IJ also happened, although it wasn’t a tap but IJ sort of ‘elbowed’ SHwa on their way out of the café. So if this could be categorised as ‘touch’ we’ve been looking out for ( @KDramaFan0828 @Jules ), this would be the first IJ did to SHwa after his divorce.

Eating scene at SHwa’s office

SHwa was totally mentee-zoning Chi Hong here (I wouldn’t say friend-zoning coz they’re not really ‘friend’ to begin with). She blatantly played along with IJ’s false suspicion on Cap-IkSung relationship even though she knew that was definitely a false. I thought for a second there that SHwa might not actually know IJ's feeling for her in the past because when Junwan asked ‘Did you ever see IJ liking a girl first?’ , she looked really baffled instead of looking like ‘oh yes I know, that’s me’ hmmm

1st dinner scene

It’s a really heartwarming scene showing how the fab 5 cared about each other. I want to draw a comparison between how IJ reacted to this revelation and to the revelation of SHwa’s moving to Sokcho. It was very similar. In these two instances, IJ could be seen looking away most of the time and didn’t talk much while the other 3 friends voiced out their concerns/opinions. And also in both scenarios, none of the 3 ended up being physically there with SHwa while IJ went to both the hospital and Sokcho. Yes, IJ is very different to the other 3 guys!

Hospital scene 

Sweet sweet IJ. I was like squealing in my heart when I watched it the first time to see IJ was there waiting for SHwa in the waiting room. I also detected a tone and expression of jealousy when IJ found out SHyeong was calling SHwa no? This scene is just :wub:

I’ll leave out the band scene for now: I want to analyse the lyrics but my brain just can’t, so I’m hoping other chingus here will do :rolleyes:

Flashback scene

I just want to say, for me I clearly see that the both of them liked each other back then. IJ’s sneaky ways of checking SHwa out (the one where he pretended to look at the wall behind him and when he deliberately dropped something so he could see her) are too adorable!! While some might think otherwise, I really think SHwa was checking on IJ (and not JWan) when both IJ and Jwan left the gathering.

IJ lied didn’t he? He said to SHwa during their hospital wait, that he went home after drinking with SHyeong and then later he got a call while in fact he didn’t go home at all! He spent his time drinking his sorrow away because his plan to confess got ruined. But of course he wouldn’t want to let SHwa know about that.

Now on to the extra stuff:

I wonder whether Seok Min – Seon Bin relationship meant to also be similar to IkSong. On this episode, I noticed on three instances: the café scene, the lunch scene (where they saw Go Ara eating with IJ) and later when JunWan chanced upon them eating in the intern? Room looking for Jae Hak: these two spent considerable amount of time together (just the two of them) eating! Just like IkSong!  

Thank you @KDramaFan0828 @HPholic99 @Crystalclear for your insights! I wanted to quote some but my post is already so long without them so  I might do them after others post their thoughts, otherwise it will be automatically merged with this post which will make it unbearably long 

Thank you for reading :) 

@Crystalclear89 HAHA IJ constantly praising CH backfired when SHwa praised him as well made IJ jealous LOL

@snowlou I wonder about the flowers as well!!! GRRR SO MANY HIDDEN MEANINGS :lol: As for the parking lot, I agree it seems like it’s associated to IkSong more than the other of the friends. I saw a youtuber explain the building as a representation of their consciousness and the parking lot being underground as a metaphor of their subconscious. It’s still too deep for me to follow though HAHAHAH maybe others have a better understanding

• Like 1
  • LOL 4