[OFFICIAL] Ik♥️Song Nation - ALOHA COUPLE - Flower♥️Clown - 99ers

3 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Thank you!!! :lol: Yup, I think we could expect SHwa’s POV next season so we’ll probably get a lot of flashbacks too. But we’ll have to brace ourselves as it looks like IkSong won’t be sailing anytime soon and they might even drag it until season 3 if we’re going to have one. Might as well prepare for an initial “rejection” of some sort. But I’m good as long as we get IkSong moments and the narrative moves towards IkSong as endgame LOL. AHHHH I can’t wait HAHAHA :w00t:

I also expect an initial rejection. However, does this mean that Ik Jun would stop pursuing Song Hwa romantically? 

Remember Chi Hong who wouldn’t take “no” for an answer which became troubling after a while. I don’t think Ik Jun would continue pursuing Song Hwa after a rejection, would he? I know pursuing someone after receiving a rejection might show sincerity but it’s also kind of disturbing because “no” should mean “no”. Of course, it may also depend on the type of rejection. If Songhwa doesn’t deny liking him but she’s afraid to endanger their friendship or something of that sort, then I completely agree with Ik Jun still pursuing her and showing his sincerity. However, if it’s not this type of rejection, then things become a sort of dead end for IkJun. 

Nevertheless, IkSong can also become a couple, even after rejection, through natural progression unintentionally or unexpectedly for Ik Jun and Songhwa. Any thoughts on how IkSong would still become a couple after initial rejection?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

thumb.png?ts=1589590321

Screen+Shot+2020-06-25+at+6.58.44+PM.png

Original Source (tvN via Naver TV):  The delicate vibes that are clouding over Jo Jung Suk x Jeon Mi Do, 'The best reward for me is you'

1. [+7002 / -45] [Breaking news] IkSong stock is greatly rising, stock holders are going into a great fuss

2. [+6736 / -26] [Breaking news] I should've really become a spider (geomi) (t/n: Jo Jung Suk's wife is singer Gummy (거미) and the word for spider in Korean is 거미 (geomi))

3. [+4453 / -19] Yes - today's episode was crazy, today was confession day for 'Hospital Day'

4. [+4227 / -26] [Breaking news] Ik Joon • Song Hwa stock rises sharply...Company taken aback by the really sharp increase 'Unable to measure'

5. [+4042 / -21] Totally husband and wife material,,,

cr. ddoboja

S036167338.jpg

Screen+Shot+2020-06-25+at+10.15.13+PM.pn

Original Source (tvN via Naver TV): Drunk Jo Jung Suk expresses his feelings while pressing down (on the karaoke remote buttons) 'I Knew I Love' ♪

1. [+5596 / -20] I can smell the alcohol off the screen...ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+4319 / -37] Jo Jung Suk's version of 'I Knew I Love' cannot not be released as a song ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅜㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+4015 / -50] When Lee Ik Joon sang 'I Knew I Love', his voice was shaking and my heart was shaking the same too.... Lee Ik Joon, Chae Song Hwa get married... Also is Midoring's OST this time real?!?!??!?? When I heard her voice, I doubted my ears for a moment... Although Song Hwa can't sing, Midoring is good at it ㅠㅠㅜㅜㅠㅠㅠ I love you ㅠㅠ Is next week for real the last episode, don't go 'Hospital Playlist'.....

4. [+3821 / -41] Ahn Jung Won is good at singing by holding onto the pole (bong) ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 'Reply 1994' song and Chil 'bong', Reply universe

5. [+3252 / -37] The 20 year one-side love is coming straight out of this karaoke scene 

cr. ddoboja

• Like 3
  • Love 5

11 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I also expect an initial rejection. However, does this mean that Ik Jun would stop pursuing Song Hwa romantically? 

Remember Chi Hong who wouldn’t take “no” for an answer which became troubling after a while. I don’t think Ik Jun would continue pursuing Song Hwa after a rejection, would he? I know pursuing someone after receiving a rejection might show sincerity but it’s also kind of disturbing because “no” should mean “no”. Of course, it may also depend on the type of rejection. If Songhwa doesn’t deny liking him but she’s afraid to endanger their friendship or something of that sort, then I completely agree with Ik Jun still pursuing her and showing his sincerity. However, if it’s not this type of rejection, then things become a sort of dead end for IkJun. 

Nevertheless, IkSong can also become a couple, even after rejection, through natural progression unintentionally or unexpectedly for Ik Jun and Songhwa. Any thoughts on how IkSong would still become a couple after initial rejection?

I have no idea how they’ll execute it as well.:tears: I’m hoping it won’t paint IJ as someone who won’t take no for an answer. But at the back of my mind I think that even if SHwa gives a “no”, they’re mature enough not to let it affect their friendship. Unlike CH’s case where he hopes to move past his mentor-mentee relationship with SHwa which made his advancements seem inappropriate, IJ’s current relationship with SHwa already allows him a degree of intimacy with her. Like there shouldn’t be any malice if IJ still asks her to eat together, waits for her to drive her home, or take care of her in any way, because he was already doing so even just as friends. So IJ won’t be crossing any lines or won’t be inappropriate because they’re already pretty comfortable with each other as friends in the first place and I expect that dynamic to stay the same even after SHwa’s answer. What would change is that SHwa now has knowledge of IJ’s feelings and will become more conscious of him which could make it awkward but also help her realize how she really feels.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

21 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Thank you!!! :lol: Yup, I think we could expect SHwa’s POV next season so we’ll probably get a lot of flashbacks too. But we’ll have to brace ourselves as it looks like IkSong won’t be sailing anytime soon and they might even drag it until season 3 if we’re going to have one. Might as well prepare for an initial “rejection” of some sort. But I’m good as long as we get IkSong moments and the narrative moves towards IkSong as endgame LOL. AHHHH I can’t wait HAHAHA :w00t:

@KDramaFan0828 yesterday some chingus were talking about how so far they only confirmed a definite for season 2..although they plan for 3 seasons but the Duo might wait for season 2's reception before deciding to go for season 3. And then!! I had this lightbulb moment... if that's the case, then I think this IkSong ship will most likely sail in season 2 wont it? Because I don't think they will risk of deciding to sail IkSong in season 3 just in case it will not be produced due to low rating (i know it's almost impossible for HP to have low rating..but just in case right?). HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... 

@celebrianna I agree with kdramafan0828 ... I do not want IJ to become someone who can't take a 'no'. If I were to write the scenario, I would opt for the normal kdrama trope: after SHwa's initial rejection of his last confession, IJ would move on and try his very best to remain friend..but of course things would be awkward :w00t: and then there would appear a rival for IJ's affection and now it would be SHwa's turn to show jealousy and later confess to IJ. Too cliche I know...but I just want to see this cool-headed SHwa for once becomes a little bit hot-headed :Megalol:

Welcome @Nodame !! I saw your event entry for father's day~ IJ and Uju :wub: Btw, some of us are doing a rewatch together, please tell us if you're interested. Otherwise it's ok please post many2 things about IkSong :)

EP 4 rewatch is starting today everyone~ 

On 6/27/2020 at 6:35 PM, KDramaFan0828 said:

Might as well prepare for an initial “rejection” of some sort. But I’m good as long as we get IkSong moments and the narrative moves towards IkSong as endgame LOL. AHHHH I can’t wait HAHAHA :w00t:

I agree that they'll possibly be some initial rejection, and I think my heart can take it (as long as they're endgame).

And I agree, I don't think it will affect their dynamics as friends because if we remember, when SongHwa rejected SH in 1999 she said that she would want to stay friends and won't let this affect them. :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

20 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

I have no idea how they’ll execute it as well.:tears: I’m hoping it won’t paint IJ as someone who won’t take no for an answer. But at the back of my mind I think that even if SHwa gives a “no”, they’re mature enough not to let it affect their friendship. Unlike CH’s case where he hopes to move past his mentor-mentee relationship with SHwa which made his advancements seem inappropriate, IJ’s current relationship with SHwa already allows him a degree of intimacy with her. Like there shouldn’t be any malice if IJ still asks her to eat together, waits for her to drive her home, or take care of her in any way, because he was already doing so even just as friends. So IJ won’t be crossing any lines or won’t be inappropriate because they’re already pretty comfortable with each other as friends in the first place and I expect that dynamic to stay the same even after SHwa’s answer. What would change is that SHwa now has knowledge of IJ’s feelings and will become more conscious of him which could make it awkward but also help her realize how she really feels.

Oh, I indeed expect that Ik Jun and Songhwa would carry on as close friends even after rejection. I mean, look at her and Seok Hyung. They’re still close even after rejection.  What I really meant is that a rejection can finally put an end to any romantic pursuit on Ik Jun’s part. ^_^

@snowlou, your idea is quite possible but I didn’t think of that because of the writing style of this show. However, thinking on how Ik Jun suggested to Dr. Winter to make Jeongwon jealous, (which I interpret as the writer’s idea), then I suppose the writer can introduce a new love interest for Ik Jun to make Songhwa jealous. Honestly though, Songhwa is so calm that I can’t imagine seeing that side of her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, celebrianna said:

then I suppose the writer can introduce a new love interest for Ik Jun to make Songhwa jealous. Honestly though, Songhwa is so calm that I can’t imagine seeing that side of her

Assuming her silence to IJ confessions means she may in a way like him too, I for one would love to see SHwa shaken a bit. Or acknowledge her feelings in any way. And for her to retain her calmness to the outside, she can do it while alone. We have seen IJ in season 1 being the one on the front foot. Asking SHwa to eat, for a drive in the rain, being there for her etc. I would love for this time since the ball is now on her court, for her to initiate all these things. And not when she is with her residents. 

Regarding IKSONG season 2, if we go by Shin PD interview, I think the issue will be resolved in the early episodes. Although I don't think it would be a total rejection, we should prepare ourselves for it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

In a post on the main thread, it was mentioned that if Chi Hong wasn’t Songhwa’s resident, she probably would have dated him. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, Songhwa immediately rejected him without a thought or consideration. It could mean that it’s because, as some say, of the mentor-mentee relationship but I also did not see a shred of romantic interest or curiosity from Songhwa’s side. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

In a post on the main thread, it was mentioned that if Chi Hong wasn’t Songhwa’s resident, she probably would have dated him. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, Songhwa immediately rejected him without a thought or consideration. It could mean that it’s because, as some say, of the mentor-mentee relationship but I also did not see a shred of romantic interest or curiosity from Songhwa’s side. 

Hmm I think there wasn’t a shred of romantic interest from SHwa precisely because of their mentor-mentee dynamic. SHwa never viewed CH outside of that and she also actively stopped any opportunity for them to interact outside of those boundaries ultimately blocking all possibilities for them to interact as man and woman. I think even if he were in a different department SHwa will still see him as a student and as her junior. A significant part of SHwa’s identity is being an established professor and mentor to everyone in the medical field so I don’t think it matters which department, even hospital, CH is in. Of course I’m speaking of the near future. There might come a time when CH becomes established himself and SHwa’s seniority will become insignificant. Maybe he’ll have a shot then if SHwa is still available. I think there’s a higher possibility for SHwa to entertain CH if they weren’t in the same field like if they met outside of work HAHA it’ll still be hard for him to match IJ but SHwa might’ve not rejected him as harshly and they might’ve made progress even before IJ realized his feelings.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 3

@Lawyerh Of course not, share away! Aww thanks for doing that!  :please:

I am admit not savvy on Soompi Forum functionality on sharing posts etc. and what you can do in forums. (I am a simple on technology LOL.) 

Thanks @celebrianna ! Awww This is a good Monday!:blush:

My entry got recognized, one of my dramas the OTP kissed (finally), and a work issues is going well.

(Even though it is storming outside and raining alot outside my office) I am in a great mood! Got to eat lunch now!

• Love 3

Hi, Chingu-deul!!! I'll go ahead and start sharing my thoughts on episode 4 :D

Generally, episode 4 was centered on SH just as how episodes 2 and 3 focused on SHwa and IJ respectively. IkSong interactions were still quite limited in the episode but we see gradual changes in their dynamic. Once again they bump into each other in the parking lot but this time SHwa seemed more comfortable with IJ unlike the last time when she was talking about Prof. Jang with her mother where  she seemed annoyed and wanted to leave ahead. This time SHwa parked beside IJ and they were going to enter the hospital together. During their lunch with Jwan as well, SHwa also started to laugh aloud to IJ’s comment. Moreover, if I recall correctly, this is the first time IJ and SHwa were mentioned together when IJ was visiting IS in her hospital room. IJ thought something was going on between IS and CH to which IS replied “We’re like you and Songhwa” which apparently is ironic to the future direction of the story. Perhaps this is also the reason why IJ struggled to understand that IS and CH had a purely platonic relationship. On the other hand, we got to see another foreshadowing of the IJ-SHwa-SH triangle when both IJ and SH claimed Canon as another favorite and the triangle was clearly in the frame.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-30-at-11-05-54-AM.pn

Furthermore, in the flashback, the camera lingered for a moment on SH watching SHwa practicing the bass. SHwa had the same adoring look while watching IJ in that iconic Canon moment.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-30-at-11-04-59-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-06-30-at-11-00-46-AM.pn

I personally think that the lunch conversation with SHwa, IJ, and Jwan was an important scene. All that talk about change was meant to send a message how people’s preferences, characteristics, and priorities change overtime. As Jwan said, “You don’t know how people will turn out”. I think Bong Salon was an effective instrument to show this contrast of past and present. Aside from the fact that Dr. Bong has a few misses from his stories given that he has an outsider POV, most of the information he shares are from the past dating back to their university days except for SHwa whom he had been the most in touch with. At this point, the one who had been showed to have changed a lot is IJ. Being described as someone who lived in nightclubs, he now spends his time taking care of Uju. Now officially a single father, he even rushes to finish their band practice because he has to watch Uju. While IJ admitted that it was hard, he genuinely said that he loved his son to pieces.

It was also emphasized during lunch how IJ suddenly started to like flowers and ended up taking a lot of pictures when he went to the park. This foreshadows how his romantic feelings for SHwa will eventually resurface. But more important that this, I think it should also be interpreted in the context of their conversation where their characteristics, preferences, and priorities gradually changed as they grew old. This tells me that while IJ had liked SHwa in the past, the IJ in the present may have fallen in love with her again but for entirely different reasons - much deeper reasons which are in line with their world now that they’re in their 40s. Same goes for SHwa, while we see her smiling remembering how they were when they were younger, we should expect that if she does show attraction towards IJ in the future, it would be for who IJ is in the present and how he fits into SHwa’s life, not because she is still the same 20-yr old infatuated SHwa who watched IJ play canon with a loving gaze.

But while some things may have changed, we see some things remaining the same such as how SHwa smiles and laughs because of IJ and how IJ has patiently stood beside SHwa teaching her to play the bass, to name a few. Because while their individual contexts might have changed, the past has been significant in shaping their realities now in the same way how the dynamics of IJ and SHwa’s 20-year friendship have also laid a certain foundation in their possible relationship as a couple. 

For me, this realization puts things in perspective. Neither IJ nor SHwa endured a one-sided love for 20 years as both consciously chose to move on. It might have taken some time, of course, but eventually they did. Their romance stopped when they decided that it shall end. Both of them were honest, faithful, and committed to their respective relationships, leaving the past behind. Was there love between them in that 20 years? Yes, but it was intended to remain purely platonic, unbeknownst to them that romantic love will start brewing again. So rather than a star-crossed 20-year old love, I’d like to think of their story as a renewed love, reignited by both new and old things, and reinforced by the mutual respect, love, and trust that they’ve earned in each other in their years of friendship.

• Like 2
  • Love 9

I think Songhwa doesn't have any romantic interest toward Chihong, it's not just about mentor-mentee rlship in my opinion, if so this is like saying Songhwa will accept anyone who confessed to her if they are not her student...

About Iksong, I wonder if songhwa lack of response to the confessions is because she indeed have feelings for him at the current time or because he is a close friends and really persistent and sincere that it's hard for her to reject right away, I mean they have been friends for 20 years unlike Songhwa and Seokhyung in the past. 

Of course imo I believe it's the former, it does seem from her character description, her first love (Ikjun) is very significant part of her life and even affects how her future relationships seeing how she cannot remember much about dating or any sad farewells after that 

• Love 5

I must say I always love the way you write out your thoughts @KDramaFan0828 They're beautifully written :wub:

I'll only add a few things that have not been mentioned:

Episode 4

We get to see a little more in depth about IJ and SHwa's characters. IJ, true to his character description, took his time to answer patient's questions as in the case of the grandpa's 'never-ending' concerns about his condition after the transplant :lol: resulting in a lengthy consultation time. On top of using his charm and playful character to care for people, he also employed same mannerisms to 'correct' someone's wrong attitude as in the case of his boss who liked to complain. IJ was able to do that with grace so his boss didn't lose his face as a result of being corrected in front of others. 

SHwa's independent was further shown in this episode through how she tackled the 'supposedly Indonesian' patient (and no...he's definitely NOT an Indonesian :mellow:) issues. She handled everything herself effectively with high precision. I feel that her character is truly reflecting many 40-yo single career women. However, as some chingus have already mentioned here, she's indeed a pillar for many others, but I guess she's also in need of a pillar of her own and she will also need to learn how to show her vulnerability and rely on others. 

I wholeheartedly agree with kdramafan0828. When I watched the flashback scene showing her eyes twinkled: they're definitely twinkled for IJ and not for SHyeong. First, because SHyeong had already played the piano a few times prior to her twinkling eyes and she did not once show that kind of expression. Second, we're shown exactly the same twinkling eyes from SHyeong when he's watching SHwa's playing guitar (they're definitely not for JWon now were they?). 

Flashback scenes: occurred in Spring 1999 

Almost in every practice scenes, we were shown the two of them practising together (IJ and SHwa). And if I remember it correctly, never were they shown practising with others in those flashback scenes. 

In terms of OSTs, so from ep 2 and 3 we're served with flashback band scenes. Interestingly, ep 4 started the band scene in flashback manner with them practising the canon but then it transitioned to the present time with them playing the canon. Now I don't know what this tries to tell us..but I definitely find it intriguing because as we mentioned before, from this episode onward, the future band scenes would take place in the present time. And perhaps it indicates that the past was served as a 'trial-and-error' phase..and the present is where they got to 'play' whatever it is in their lives fully? 

Question: WHY canon in D for this episode? I have difficulty in understanding the song choice as it doesn't contain any lyrics so I'm not able to pinpoint as to whose POV this classic song's portraying yet I strongly believe that there's a meaning behind this song choice. Canon in D has been played in the background in ep 3 and in a few scenes in ep 4 too prior to the band scene. For ep 4..it has been used as background song for scenes in relation to SHyeong... but my shipper heart always wants the OSTs to be something to do with our two characters' POV :P

1 hour ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

So rather than a star-crossed 20-year old love, I’d like to think of their story as a renewed love, reignited by both new and old things, reinforced by the mutual respect, love, and trust that they’ve earned in each other in their years of friendship.

A 1000 yes for this! 

9 minutes ago, milkokoa said:

...it does seem from her character description, her first love (Ikjun) is very significant part of her life and even affects how her future relationships seeing how she cannot remember much about dating or any sad farewells after that 

Yes, I found her character description to be interesting as well! So it sort of hinted that that first love was so significant or deep that she hasn't been able to feel such strong emotions for any other people. The description might also indicate that she wasn't too bothered with her break-up with Dr Jang..coz.. 'she has not particular memory about...sad farewells'. :idk:

1 hour ago, snowlou said:

Question: WHY canon in D for this episode? I have difficulty in understanding the song choice as it doesn't contain any lyrics so I'm not able to pinpoint as to whose POV this classic song's portraying yet I strongly believe that there's a meaning behind this song choice. Canon in D has been played in the background in ep 3 and in a few scenes in ep 4 too prior to the band scene. For ep 4..it has been used as background song for scenes in relation to SHyeong... but my shipper heart always wants the OSTs to be something to do with our two characters' POV :P

A 1000 yes for this! 

Yes, I found her character description to be interesting as well! So it sort of hinted that that first love was so significant or deep that she hasn't been able to feel such strong emotions for any other people. The description might also indicate that she wasn't too bothered with her break-up with Dr Jang..coz.. 'she has not particular memory about...sad farewells'.

Your question intrigued me again so I did a quick search.  :lol: Unfortunately, there’s so little we know about Canon’s origins. The only thing we know right now is that Canon in D eventually became a classic wedding song even if it wasn’t originally intended to be. Aside from the love triangle, I don’t know if it was intentional for SH and IJ to both claim it as their favorite when they’re also the only two of the friends to have ever been married. But in a way (although my shipper self would like to deny it as well LOL) I think canon is more associated to SH, given that his late sister was the one who taught him the piece and it was the song that started their band, which I believe is very sentimental for SH.

As for SHwa’s profile, I agree that her first experience at love might have made her unconsciously put up walls in her succeeding relationships. :tears:

Side note: Is it just me or is anybody else also reminded of Songhwa and Jeongwon when I see Yunbok and Hongdo? :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

@snowlou

@KDramaFan0828

Everytime I think of any theory for Iksong, I always reminded of Songhwa's character description, and that particular line about her love life really struck me. It would be really interesting to see Songhwa's pov related to this in S2. 

Also curious why it's so deep as you mentioned, because it's her first? or because Ikjun never went from away from her life? So that feeling change to something deeper in the name of friendship? Lol. if you see from the flashback, it seems to be mere attraction from both of them since their first meeting and the short duration they know each other  and the fact they both able to date other people after that too

• Love 3

2 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Your question intrigued me again so I did a quick search.  :lol: Unfortunately, there’s so little we know about Canon’s origins. The only thing we know right now is that Canon in D eventually became a classic wedding song even if it wasn’t originally intended to be. 

Ok..here I'm copying and pasting what @im0202 managed to dig about Canon in D:

If any song says “___ in D”, it’s telling you what key it’s in. So this song is in the key of D major. Usually if it’s a minor key, the composer will specify as such, but if it just says “___ in D”, assume it means major.

Now, what is a canon? The simple answer is it’s an imitation-based song. So in Canon in D, the three violins are all playing imitation parts. The first violin part is the trendsetter, and then the second violin part plays the exact same thing but a couple bars delayed, and then the third violin copies the first violin, but at a delay of 4 bars.

This creates a really neat overlapping effect. So throughout this piece, the first violin is always playing the leader role, and the other two violins are copying those notes 2 and 4 bars delayed, respectively.

Source: https://www.pianotv.net/2016/07/analysis-of-canon-in-d/

Interestingly, @im0202 explained the canon in D as background song during JWan's surgery in ep 2 as follow (I put it in spoiler as it doesn't have anything to do with IkSong but just interesting how she interpreted the use of canon in D and tied it with the surgery scene..it might be useful on how we tie Canon in D with any future scenes)

Spoiler

So in this scene, Junwan is kind of copying what his Professor did in the past when he was still learning the ropes as well, very much like the twins in the present. Then the twins, being moved after touching the heart, say that they will join Cardiothoracic Surgery. Junwan is passing on the baton in a relay (older >> newer generation), very much like how Canon in D is being played, where the melody is being 'passed on' from the first to the second, then the third violin.

I did notice that too kdramafan0828..how IJ and SHyeong said canon in D was their favourite and again being contrasted with JWon response as JWon said that he mastered the song really well (instead of he liked it etc). So in saying that, could we then say this song's meaning (which yet we're able to find)..could be applied to both IJ and SHyeong? And also interestingly, while Aloha was said to be IJ, SHyeong AND Shwa's favourites, this time SHwa didn't mention that canon in D was her fav. Interesting that you found SHwa-JWon is similar to YunBok-Hong Do :lol:

@milkokoa hmm... but maybe there re some people who experienced such a deep love towards their first love without needing any reasons/grounds or even time/experience for it? But

1 hour ago, milkokoa said:

Also curious why it's so deep as you mentioned, because it's her first? or because Ikjun never went from away from her life? So that feeling change to something deeper in the name of friendship?

This also could be a possibility. Coz they continued spending time together so the feeling continued to grow deepen in the context of platonic relationsship. 

@celebrianna I agree with kdramafan when she said that it was exactly for the reason of mentor-mentee relationship hence there wasn't any chance for SHwa's feeling to grow into something romantic toward Cap. I think if he weren't a resident at all, he might actually have a shot (just like her ex Dr Jang)... 

After rewatching HP more than 5 times, I just realized that Ikjun is really suffered in whole 20 years. 

He’s funny and cheerful person, we even called him a clown but the truth is behind that mask (happy face) he wasn’t really happy, like joker (movie). 

He never share his problem to his friends, he always go to club before not because he really wanted, it because he thinks that place can help him to his problem and forget anything about it. 

Ikjun is a kind of man that “your happiness is more important than my own happiness.”

He never complained to his exes because he wanted to look contented and happy.

I don’t think he still loved his wife when she called him. He needs to look happy and excited like there’s nothing wrong to their relationship, (it’s really obvious that kind of relationship is not good and stable.) and because junwan was there. He want to see him as strong and happy in front of his friends and to uju. But actually Junwan and even uju know that he is not. When Junwan said to ikjun that divorce is his good decision because he knew that ikjun really suffered a lot.

Ikjun was sad when his wife wanted to divorce because he thinks about his son’s life.  He was really worried about his future, but after hearing to uju that all he needs is him, he’s really happy. 

After his conversation with CH about iksun and his patients/parents, he realized and reflect it to himself. 

That’s why he confessed his true feelings to songhwa and he visited iksun. 

He did wrong decision to his life before, but now he opened  his eyes and heart.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 2