[OFFICIAL] Ik♥️Song Nation - ALOHA COUPLE - Flower♥️Clown - 99ers

1 hour ago, ryanallright said:

Doubt Jung Won will be Ikjoon's rival

is either Chi-hong or a new character in S2

Nope i am not saying Jonwon is rival but I am saying that now when theory with JeongWon failed they have invented a new rival Jonwon when apparently he is in deep love with Iksun.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

Nope i am not saying Jonwon is rival but I am saying that now when theory with JeongWon failed they have invented a new rival Jonwon when apparently he is in deep love with Iksun.

Oh, you mean JunWan

I got confused. LOL

Let them remains delusional, their minds are fixed, I can't be bothered with stupid people already.

5 hours ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

6. When IJ calls to say that surgery is done, Songhwa smiles. When they were talking thru the door, Songhwa has this warm smile (but it can also be because the surgery was successful).

Thanks so much for mentioning this part. I agree that Song Hwa is likely elated because the surgery was successful, but there's something special in the way she smiles for Ik Jun. I noticed he hasn't been able to see these smiles of hers though. Obviously he can't here and in the other scenes, she's admiring him from a side angle. Maybe she's less inhibited in showing her feelings when not face-to-face with him.

lHz4QhG.gif

I had noticed that she likes to make hand-drip coffee, but took more notice of her kit in ep 1. Doctors are crazy busy and barely have time to enjoy (let alone eat) their meals yet she invests any down-time to make this type of coffee which takes effort and patience. This tells me that she is not a hasty person and when needed, she takes her time to process things to come to a conclusion. With that said, I think her no reaction or no response to Ik Jun's confessions later is because she's shook and needs to process what's happening.

Side thoughts - Some times I feel she's somewhat similar to Jeong Won. Both likely know how they feel about their love interest, but need to fully process the situation themselves and at their own pace to arrive at an answer.

B1KvR8Q.png

@JJS's Fan-atics

Spoiler

Nobody makes Jungwan laugh as much as Ik Sun does. I like that he’s so different with her. I hope their relationship lasts and it drives another nail into the coffin of Songhwa pairings with the other guys within the group. 

Guys, I enjoyed reading all your observations from episode 1. I also think at that time IkSong had boundaries between them. Nevertheless, I definitely took note of Jeongwan’s observation that when Songhwa says no she means no. The first thing I thought was that her rejection of Chi Hong indeed meant “no” and he won’t change her mind. 

I also noticed that Songhwa didn’t even seem that much affected by Professor Jang’s cheating. She might have liked him but it seems she didn’t have much invested in the relationship. Sometimes I even forget she was dating someone when the show began. It makes me think that with Ik Jun, Songhwa might actually grow afraid because it would mean a serious relationship especially counting in Uju. Hmmm. There might be a lot to explore in season 2. 

While watching episode 1, I noticed something. During the signing of contract after SHwa and JWan left, SH said that it would be hard to convince JWan. Then JWon right out volunteered to persuade JWan. I'm sure IJ probably had something too against JWan but chose to keep quiet. 

But when it came to persuade and convince SHwa, JWon asked IJ specifically if he had anything on SHwa. So I'm wondering why JWon asked IJ and not SH? Does it mean that IJ knows SHwa more than others?

The more I watch, the more I notice things whether significant or not. 

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I also noticed that Songhwa didn’t even seem that much affected by Professor Jang’s cheating. She might have liked him but it seems she didn’t have much invested in the relationship. Sometimes I even forget she was dating someone when the show began.

I agree with you @celebrianna. I did not mean to get ahead of everyone, but because Netflix episodes are on auto-play for me, I caught this part of Song Hwa's convo with her mom about the break-up in ep 2 which seems to align with your observation.

E0lMjcM.gif

I also noticed that she told her mom she'll be fine and can move on. She's not in her 20s. It seems to allude that she experienced heart-break back then. It would only make sense that it was because Ik Jun chickened out on her.

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

It makes me think that with Ik Jun, Songhwa might actually grow afraid because it would mean a serious relationship especially counting in Uju. Hmmm. There might be a lot to explore in season 2. 

I also agree here. There's a lot on the table that requires careful thought for Ik Jun and Song Hwa. Ik Jun had his time to think it over in season 1. It will be Song Hwa's turn in season 2.

6 hours ago, Chu_Qiao said:

I had noticed that she likes to make hand-drip coffee, but took more notice of her kit in ep 1. Doctors are crazy busy and barely have time to enjoy (let alone eat) their meals yet she invests any down-time to make this type of coffee which takes effort and patience. This tells me that she is not a hasty person and when needed, she takes her time to process things to come to a conclusion. With that said, I think her no reaction or no response to Ik Jun's confessions later is because she's shook and needs to process what's happening.

Side thoughts - Some times I feel she's somewhat similar to Jeong Won. Both likely know how they feel about their love interest, but need to fully process the situation themselves and at their own pace to arrive at an answer.

I did really like how she made that hand dripped coffee too. I'm a coffee drinker too and it made me want to buy that coffee grinder. 

This isn't IkSong related, but definitely something that's been mentioned in other groups before. When she made the coffee here for JWon, they had matching mugs (blue and pink), and this was initially taken by others to mean the love line is actually Songhwa-Jwon. :)

26 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

I did really like how she made that hand dripped coffee too. I'm a coffee drinker too and it made me want to buy that coffee grinder. 

Same. I'm used to seeing instant coffee or fancy machines in dramas lately so it was nice to see such a manual yet thoughtful process in making a cup of coffee. I was eye-ing that grinder too.

26 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

This isn't IkSong related, but definitely something that's been mentioned in other groups before. When she made the coffee here for JWon, they had matching mugs (blue and pink), and this was initially taken by others to mean the love line is actually Songhwa-Jwon. :)

Eeeek. My comment was not implying this love-line at all. :sweatingbullets: Only thought both seem similar in that they stay silent because they are thinking things through and don't know what to do yet.

15 hours ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

4. When IJ went to the ER, he enters the Acute Care Unit (bypasses triage?). Makes me think that he was specifically looking for a friend or someone he knew in the hospital who can accomodate him. As SongHwa is also in the Acute Care Unit checking on the other GS consultant, she sees IJ and says that he can perform the transplant surgery. IJ tells Uju to say hi to his “friends” (Songhwa and Dr. Bong), which can mean that Uju previously did not know who Songhwa was (possible that they were not in contact or they did not see each other that much over the years).

I believe some doctors prefer to go to other hospitals for them to avoid seeing work colleagues when they’re there for personal reasons so that rules out IJ’s hospital. Maybe he went to Yulje specifically because he trusts SHwa. Imagine being seen in that situation by the other 3 :lol:. To add to what @kawaiiprincess1987 mentioned above, SHwa’s character profile says that she is also usually the first to address emergency situations. So maybe IJ was hoping to run into her.

14 hours ago, snowlou said:

Someone mentioned that the song on a particular ep would reflect the POV of the singer. Ep 1 soloist was SHwa - Lonely Night. What is everyone's thought on this? What is it telling us about SHwa's POV? Because we already watched all the 12 episodes, I somehow felt that this might be the reflection of her deep-buried feeling from 20 years ago.. letting go of 'someone' and regretting it and that she still remembers it. 

I’m thinking that since the song takes us back to their first encounter in 1999 memories of the past also came rushing back to SHwa. So maybe in a way she was reminded of the love in her 20s. At this point in time, I don’t think SHwa and IJ looked back much on what could’ve been so it must’ve been a while since she recalled her med school days.

If we look at the songs sung by IJ in the succeeding episodes, it also kinda follows the same narrative where the guy leaves the girl. But we supposedly don’t know that yet HAHA :lol:

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15915780001543441002

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202006090100072100004767&servicedate=20200608

I googled translate the above articles, Shin PD mentioned about Ik-Song couple.

Based on google translate, seem to mentioned this gif

However, Shin PD and writer Lee Woo-jung mentioned that they had built up emotional lines. He said, "In fact, I put all the emotions in line. In the photo of the first meeting of five of the 99's, Ikjun put his hand on the shoulder of Song Hwa and a pale blush on Song Hwa's face. But it's not Melo's drama. "I thought it would be good, but I couldn't help it. It was because of the idea that the whole work of the melodies would be too blurry, and the identity of the whole work would become ambiguous," said Ahn Jung-won.

"I think maybe this is the love of forty years old. It's been 20 years since I was 20. In the meantime, a lot of people and relationships have passed by, and I am not living hot and desperately every day with those memories. No more hot at first sight "It's not a crushing age, it's not a young age that can distort your daily life with just feelings of love. I think it may be the biggest reason why the melodies and writing speed are different."

This part give me an impression that Shin/Lee already planned the loveline from ep.1

Anyone fluent in korean, want to translate for us???

1 hour ago, ryanallright said:

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15915780001543441002

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202006090100072100004767&servicedate=20200608

I googled translate the above articles, Shin PD mentioned about Ik-Song couple.

Based on google translate, seem to mentioned this gif

However, Shin PD and writer Lee Woo-jung mentioned that they had built up emotional lines. He said, "In fact, I put all the emotions in line. In the photo of the first meeting of five of the 99's, Ikjun put his hand on the shoulder of Song Hwa and a pale blush on Song Hwa's face. But it's not Melo's drama. "I thought it would be good, but I couldn't help it. It was because of the idea that the whole work of the melodies would be too blurry, and the identity of the whole work would become ambiguous," said Ahn Jung-won.

"I think maybe this is the love of forty years old. It's been 20 years since I was 20. In the meantime, a lot of people and relationships have passed by, and I am not living hot and desperately every day with those memories. No more hot at first sight "It's not a crushing age, it's not a young age that can distort your daily life with just feelings of love. I think it may be the biggest reason why the melodies and writing speed are different."

This part give me an impression that Shin/Lee already planned the loveline from ep.1

Anyone fluent in korean, want to translate for us???

So, since our IkSong was written since episode one, we have no worries whatsoever that they are endgame. 

All that should frustrate and worry us is the when will it happen. During Act one of season 2, or during act two? Or will they be prolonged to season 3?

Many things to be answered

When both of them were been introduced, one is married while one is attached.

Then after Ikjoon divorced and Songhwa has break off with her ex, Shin PD begin to slowly introduce the emotional part of their relationship.

Right now, we know Ikjoon's heart from the start when he is in his 20s, we could also somewhat confirm Songhwa's heart when she is in her 20s. Now we just need to know does Ikjoon still have a place in her heart now even if it is just in a tiny part of her heart now, this is still important for us know whether she had moved on.

Thank you for sharing all your insights on episode 1 and Shin PD’s interview.  I’m so glad it’s confirmed that the subtle hints we were picking out were really hints for us on their storyline.  I can’t wait for season 2 and now I know not to expect Iksong to jump into a relationship and tie a knot by end of season 2.  As I watched their story unfold, I asked myself, if I was 40, and my first love confessed after all these years, I wouldn’t be jumping up and down either. Love is definitely different at 40 than 20. I’ll patiently wait for the writer to show us what love looks and feels like in your 40s. 

@ryanallright  the quotation below confused me. 
I’m kind of curious what I missed because didn’t the interview with ShinPD imply that the loveline was Ikjun/Songhwa? Is that a typo? Someone’s interpretation? Just curious.

"jwan is shwa's first love. she's gonna cry over the fact that he wants to marry ikjun's sister, iksun."  meanwhile, songhwa:“

10 hours ago, Jules said:

So, since our IkSong was written since episode one, we have no worries whatsoever that they are endgame. 

All that should frustrate and worry us is the when will it happen. During Act one of season 2, or during act two? Or will they be prolonged to season 3?

@Jules IkSong background story laid in SS1 act1 (EP 1-6), then took another 6 EP in SS1 act2 to lead to the actual first confession in EP12. So i guess SS3 endgame is sounding ^_^

Super slow burn but I really can connect to their situation for people at age 40, love is not the first priority we keep thinking of it every moment, but in the same time it is the most important... at this age, that person is considering life partner, not just flirting everyday by day.

I don't mind if they will prolong to SS3, I can wait patiently as long as there are IkSong moments scene for us :D (of course, hands on shoulder or a simple scene like having meals together are counting!)

59 minutes ago, signupabove said:

@ryanallright  the quotation below confused me. 
I’m kind of curious what I missed because didn’t the interview with ShinPD imply that the loveline was Ikjun/Songhwa? Is that a typo? Someone’s interpretation? Just curious.

"jwan is shwa's first love. she's gonna cry over the fact that he wants to marry ikjun's sister, iksun."  meanwhile, songhwa:“

Ah, that tweet is being sarcastic 

The author is quoting one of the opinion from that blog 

34 minutes ago, Kathy345 said:

@Jules IkSong background story laid in SS1 act1 (EP 1-6), then took another 6 EP in SS1 act2 to lead to the actual first confession in EP12. So i guess SS3 endgame is sounding ^_^

Super slow burn but I really can connect to their situation for people at age 40, love is not the first priority we keep thinking of it every moment, but in the same time it is the most important... at this age, that person is considering life partner, not just flirting everyday by day.

I don't mind if they will prolong to SS3, I can wait patiently as long as there are IkSong moments scene for us :D (of course, hands on shoulder or a simple scene like having meals together are counting!)

True, season 3 is the most likely, but Shin PD said season 2 will pick up where it left in regards to SHwa's and IJ. So we may see progress there regardless. 

Also, I would like for us to progress from hands on shoulder to something else. Season 1 we had meals alone and hands on shoulder. I expect more in season 2.:relaxed:

Oh my, @Helena shared this article in the Hospital Playlist main thread. It confirms again that Shin PD said IkSong’s loveline was hinted at with Ik Jun’s hand on Songhwa’s shoulder in the picture. :wub:

The PD also explained the unpredictable love line between Jo Jung Suk and Jeon Mi Do’s characters Ik Joon and Song Hwa, which some viewers expressed confusion at. Even Jo Jung Suk had previously commented, “I didn’t know my love line would be with Song Hwa.”

Shin Won Ho explained, “There are some parts that are good to know beforehand, but I think there are some parts that are distracting. If you know about a love line ahead of time, your gaze could change. At the beginning, Lee Ik Joon was not divorced and Chae Song Hwa had a boyfriend. If they knew about the love line, their emotions could have subtly shown. From the perspective of the actor, not knowing can be easier with less to worry about.”

He added that while some viewers found their relationship to be a surprise, all the necessary hints were there, such as the way Ik Joon has his hand on Song Hwa’s shoulder during their first meeting while she blushes.

Shin Won Ho continued, “I also wonder whether love in your forties is like this. It’s been 20 years since they were in their twenties. During that time, they would have met many people and formed many relationships, and they’re at an age where old memories alone are not enough to live each day with passion. They’re no longer at the age to passionately fall in love at first sight or where emotions of love overtake your everyday life. I wonder whether the difference in writing from today’s typical romance or the speed of the relationship is the biggest reason.”

Archived