Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Mirror: A Tale of Twin Cities 镜双城


sugarplum892
 Share

Recommended Posts

1KAKb_4f.jpg

Cr mydramalist

Details:

Chinese title: 镜双城/ Jing Shuang Cheng
English title: Mirror: Twin Cities

Genre: Historical, Romance, Fantasy

Episodes: 43

Director: You Da Zhi

Broadcast Period: Jan 16, 2022 - Feb 16, 2022

Network: Tencent Video, Youku

 

Cast:

Li Yi Feng as Su Mo
Chen Yu Qi as Bai Ying
Zheng Ye Cheng as Zhen Lan
Yang Zhi Wen as Na Sheng
Liu Hai Kuan as Yun Huan
Ye Sheng Jia as Yan Xi
Liu Chang as Xi Jing
Zhao Yao Ke
Wang Yuan Ke as Madame Ru Yi

Synopsis:

Within the six realms and four seas, there exists a dreamlike paradise named Desolate Clouds. Su Mo, the new generation Sea Prince meets Bai Ying, a female disciple of the Sword Saint. The two of them unknowingly gets embroiled in a generation feud and struggle of fate. In the midst of the political struggles, Su Mo painstakingly loses his loved one. He then travels the world in cultivation for a hundred years, and returns with a new-found identity as the King of Sea. Su Mo meets Bai Ying again, but due to circumstances, the lovers are unable to reunite. Bearing the burden of bringing the Merman folks back to their tribe, Su Mo embarks on a journey to resist the Cang Liu kingdom.

(Source: DramaWiki)

 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

 

 

OSTs:

 

Coming soon...

 

Additional Links:

Mirror: Twin Cities 镜双城 Weibo

 

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
please contact @SC2019

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 10:04 PM, Vera said:

This drama most likely airs this year , it got its license!

Let's hope it will air (finally:D). I suppose the thread is dead partly because there was no new material coming from the production team for a long time, and it also took them too much time to get the product ready for broadcasting (for whatever reason), so people just forgot a bit about this drama. It's very easy to forget, with all the constant hustle and bustle  in the Cdrama industry with a huge amount of drama news and info coming out practically every day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Mirror: Twin Cities 镜双城
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Mirror: A Tale of Twin Cities 镜双城

The drama is expected to premiere on Jan 16. Latest trailers have been uploaded into the first post.

Based on the list of the OST to be released and the singers, among them are Zhou Shen, Mao Bu Yi and Zhang Bi Chen. The rest are Yue Yue, Yin Lin, Jin Ling, and Yao Xiao Tang.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

 

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

  • Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This started airing , @sugarplum892 , please update the status :D

 

Watched first 2 episodes, slightly slow but this time the Heroine is Stoic and Hero is bubblier as compared. I think an older actress might suit Liyifeng's looks <for me YM most probably lol> better but maybe further episodes can prove me wrong, the story does have potential. Looking forward to more.

 

Gosh watching a xianxia after 3/4 years...lol hope it's good.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woah, this looks interesting! I'll wait for a few more days then will start binge watching the episodes. 

 

6 hours ago, madmad min said:

I think an older actress might suit Liyifeng's looks <for me YM most probably lol>

 

Yang Mi and Li Yifeng were the leads of the old drama Sword of Legends; their looks match very well. :lol: But I'm guessing that unless they're reprising a role, it would be rare to see the same leads again acting as leads in another drama.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 3:04 AM, Vera said:

Wow this thread is dead :( This drama most likely airs this year , it got its license! https://youtu.be/KyA7uVIsVe4 trailer 

 

On 10/28/2021 at 4:07 PM, leo2020 said:

Let's hope it will air (finally:D). I suppose the thread is dead partly because there was no new material coming from the production team for a long time, and it also took them too much time to get the product ready for broadcasting (for whatever reason), so people just forgot a bit about this drama. It's very easy to forget, with all the constant hustle and bustle  in the Cdrama industry with a huge amount of drama news and info coming out practically every day. 

 

Hi @Vera @leo2020:lol:  Yeah. I do find Soompi thread a bit laggard nowadays.  Not as Boisterous as "Mydramalist".

 

 

7 hours ago, madmad min said:

This started airing , @sugarplum892 , please update the status :D

 

Watched first 2 episodes, slightly slow but this time the Heroine is Stoic and Hero is bubblier as compared. I think an older actress might suit Liyifeng's looks <for me YM most probably lol> better but maybe further episodes can prove me wrong, the story does have potential. Looking forward to more.

 

Gosh watching a xianxia after 3/4 years...lol hope it's good.

 

@madmad min Out of curiorisity, I watch the first few minutes of Ep 1.  I agree.  It is a bit slow.  Will check it out again later today.

 

 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Woah, this looks interesting! I'll wait for a few more days then will start binge watching the episodes. 

 

 

Yang Mi and Li Yifeng were the leads of the old drama Sword of Legends; their looks match very well. :lol: But I'm guessing that unless they're reprising a role, it would be rare to see the same leads again acting as leads in another drama.

 

@MayanEcho  I agree with you.  Yang Mi & Li Yifeng are a good match.  But I guess they will Not be cooperating for some time.  There were a lot of gossips about their last collaborations.  At that time, YM's marriage was on the "rocks".  And LYF was accused of being the 3rd Party. :(

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

But I guess they will Not be cooperating for some time.  There were a lot of gossips about their last collaborations.  At that time, YM's marriage was on the "rocks".  And LYF was accused of being the 3rd Party. :(

 

Yeah, I've read about that sorry mess. She, and the accused 3rd party, were vindicated on that issue. 

  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, hush puppy said:

it would be rare to see the same leads again acting as leads in another drama.

@hush puppy Hi, great to see you here :happydance:

Well, look how well  H&R Century Pictures are with this kind of stuff. With all the upcoming dramas they just make a full circle between their leading actors and actresses, so who knows))))

 

16 hours ago, madmad min said:

slightly slow

 

8 hours ago, hush puppy said:

It is a bit slow. 

@madmad min @hush puppy my thoughts exactly:thumbsup:.

 

Overall so far very hard to determine if it would be a  sucsessful story and drama. I personally am a bit reserved re Yuqi's acting skills. I hope she will do better than before. Time will tell.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

Well, look how well  H&R Century Pictures are with this kind of stuff. With all the upcoming dramas they just make a full circle between their leading actors and actresses, so who knows))))

Yes cause H&R basically can't afford the costlier ones because of their negative marketing for any partner who is not their Own team member.Lol anyhow.

 

YM and LYF might never even see eye to eye in any event even, that period was super chaotic. But Yukee styling is so similar to Baiqian my heart just went out for a recollab again...alas.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

 

Overall so far very hard to determine if it would be a  sucsessful story and drama. I personally am a bit reserved re Yuqi's acting skills. I hope she will do better than before. Time will tell.

 

@leo2020  Yeah.  It's good to see you here dear. :wub:

 

I've finished ep 4.  Still in "Slow Motion Mode".   I give up.  

 

I hesitate to comment on Yuqi's acting lest I ruffled the feathers of her fans.  But since you've mentioned it, I must say I've only seen her once.  In "And The Winner Is Love", and I don't like it.  Here, she is still the same.  No feelings.  No depth.  Cannot touch my soul.

 

As for LYF, I also have only seen him once - in "Sparrow". 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, madmad min said:

Yes cause H&R basically can't afford the costlier ones because of their negative marketing for any partner who is not their Own team member.Lol anyhow

Well, I suppose in the end they still manage to produce a product of relatively

 

high quality, so seems

they are good for now).

 

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I give up.  

:tears: Ufff, sad to hear that(.

 

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Here, she is still the same.  No feelings.  No depth.  Cannot touch my soul.

Very sad to hear that as well(. I can't disagree with what you say, I just feel like she is constantly outshined by her (sorry to say that) more gifted partners. That makes the impression her acting is worse than it's actually is. 

Since I'm normally more invested in the story than in the cast, I suppose I'll stick with this drama for a while, and after some time will decide if I want to continue watching).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read a bit of the original novel some years back and remembered really enjoying it, I was happy about the adaptation until I read about the offscreen drama between everyone against the screenwriter lol. What a mess that is, sad that the novel ended in such hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

I read a bit of the original novel some years back and remembered really enjoying it, I was happy about the adaptation until I read about the offscreen drama between everyone against the screenwriter lol. What a mess that is, sad that the novel ended in such hands.

Happy ending?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SYU said:

Happy ending?

 

I don't know about the drama because apparently it made significant changes but in the novel

 

Spoiler

The mermaids get a happy ending because lyf frees them from slavery. He and yukee's characters die in the process and I am still confused as to who yukees character loves, she professes to love lyf throughout the novel right until the end, where she enters zyc's dreams as a spirit when he is about to die, and says that they'll be together eternally(???). After zyc dies, he passes his throne to yun xi and na Sheng becomes his queen.

 

A lot of stuff changes because kong Sheng is supposed to be bad, hence why lyf hates them so much. Kong Sheng stabbed the mermaids in the back and made them slaves after they helped the rulers ascend to the throne. It's why he went and lied about he and yukees relationship, in order to shame her family and get revenge, since her ancestors also took part in hurting his ancestors (if i remember correctly). His character was very gray but it all got changed in the drama. Lol rumor has it that lyf was so frustrated by the script situation he yelled on set where are the good scriptwriters at

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MidnightRain said:

 

I don't know about the drama because apparently it made significant changes but in the novel

 

  Hide contents

The mermaids get a happy ending because lyf frees them from slavery. He and yukee's characters die in the process and I am still confused as to who yukees character loves, she professes to love lyf throughout the novel right until the end, where she enters zyc's dreams as a spirit when he is about to die, and says that they'll be together eternally(???). After zyc dies, he passes his throne to yun xi and na Sheng becomes his queen.

 

A lot of stuff changes because kong Sheng is supposed to be bad, hence why lyf hates them so much. Kong Sheng stabbed the mermaids in the back and made them slaves after they helped the rulers ascend to the throne. It's why he went and lied about he and yukees relationship, in order to shame her family and get revenge, since her ancestors also took part in hurting his ancestors (if i remember correctly). His character was very gray but it all got changed in the drama. Lol rumor has it that lyf was so frustrated by the script situation he yelled on set where are the good scriptwriters at

 

Thanks so much!
So for if the ending respects the novel is:

Spoiler

Sad ending

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Mirror: A Tale of Twin Cities 镜双城
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Mirror: A Tale of Twin Cities 镜双城

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..