[Drama 2020] My Dangerous Wife, 나의 위험한 아내

larus

Production company Keyeast said on the 14th, "Six actors, including Sim Hye-jin, Lee Jun-hyuk, Jung Soo-young, Ahn Nae sang, Yoon Ye-hee, and Yoon Jong-suk, all show 200% presence in any role.

9401_9440_4734.jpg

Shim Hye-jin played the role of'Ha Eun-hye', the CEO of a small and medium-sized business for living beauty products. Ha Eun-hye lives a happy married life with her younger husband, but she has a secret. After accidentally learning the suspicious circumstances of the mystery kidnapping of neighboring couples Shim Jae-kyung (Kim Jeong-eun) and Kim Yoon-cheol (Choi Won-young), they are closely intertwined with the case, raising tension.

Lee Joon-hyuk plays the role of homicide detective'Seo Ji-tae' and makes a big success standing at the center of the mystery kidnapping case involving Shim Jae-kyung and Kim Yoon-cheol. Ji-Tae Seo is a character who instinctively smells the case and solves the clues with the extraordinary sense he had from his long criminal life.

Jung Soo Young plays the role of Seo Ji-tae's wife and aspiring genre novelist'Kim Hee-jung'.

Ahn Nae sang is the former brother-in-law of Kim Yun-cheol and a former detective who plays the role of'No Chang-beom'. Roh Chang-beom, who has struggled with being expelled from both the police and his family, struggles to find the identity of the criminal as he becomes interested in the case of Jae-Kyung Kim and Yoon-cheol Kim, who are half-tastic.

Yoon Ye-hee played the role of Kim Yoon-hee, the former wife of Noh Chang-beom, the older sister of Kim Yun-cheol. Yoon Ye-hee is a single mom who earns a living alone and raises children, and increases the level of immersion in the play with a different acting than before.

Yoon Jong-seok acts as Ha Eun-hye's younger husband,'Jo Min-gyu'. Cho Min-gyu meets Ha Eun-hye and becomes a couple while working as a home shopping freelance model.

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/08/14/2020081402096.html

http://www.newstouch.site/news/articleView.html?idxno=9401

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
August 26 2020

Teaser trailer #3 for MBN drama “My Dangerous Wife”

My_Dangerous_Wife-Korean_Drama-TP.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for MBN drama series “My Dangerous Wife” (literal title) starring Kim Jung-Eun & Choi Won-Young. The drama series is a remake of 2016 Fuji TV-KTV drama series “My Dangerous Wife” starring Hideaki Ito & Yoshino Kimura. Captions in teaser trailer #3 states (0:06) “Married couple who can only live by killing,” (0:22) “Dead Wife,” (0:24) “Came back again,” (0:31) “Death’s,” (0:45) “Game Starts.”

“My Dangerous Wife” will first air October 5, 2020 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Sim Jae-Kyeong (Kim Jung-Eun) is smart, kindhearted and wealthy. She is married to Kim Yoon-Cheol (Choi Won-Young). They have been married for the past 6 years. Sim Jae-Kyeong enjoys her happy marriage life with her husband, but she becomes involved in a mysterious kidnapping case.

Her husband, Kim Yoon-Cheol is a popular chef. He has a good looking appearance and cheerful personality. He has an ordinary marriage life with his wife, but he feels Sim Jae-Hyeong is awful and gets bored with his marriage. Meanwhile, Jin Sun-Mi (Choi Yu-Hwa) works at Kim Yoon-Cheol’s Italian restaurant. She has a special relationship with Kim Yoon-Cheol. She will do anything to get what she wants.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-mbn-drama-my-dangerous-wife

@brooksmom, Choi Won Young has also played his share of good guys. I have seen him as a bad guy too in a couple of drama shows. I would say he does both roles. 

I find Japanese drama shows more brutally honest or realistic than both Chinese and Korean shows. I have never seen the Japanese version of this show but from what you all have posted, it sounds intriguing. 

Stills

10016_10075_2612.jpg

In the photos released this time, Kim Jong-un is focusing his attention with the first aspect of Shim Jae-kyung, who is wearing a radiant smile with an elegant beauty. In the play, Shim Jae-kyung is in full swing preparing dinner with her husband. Shim Jae-kyung, who has shown a lovely look with a checkered pattern blouse and bandana hairband, has a bright smile on her face, as if having a meal time for the only two with her husband was more enjoyable.

Kim Jong-un said, "For the first time after marrying, I will play the role of a "Wife." It is a work with many dramatic elements, so I am acting so that viewers can sympathize with the character Shim Jae-kyung as much as possible. I hope it will be a small but warm comfort to the viewers who are immersed in the movie," he said sincerely. 'My Dangerous Wife' will be broadcast for the first time on October 5.

http://www.newstouch.site/news/articleView.html?idxno=10016

• 2 weeks later...

September 23 2020

Still images & ep.1 trailer for MBN drama “My Dangerous Wife”

My_Dangerous_Wife-SI1.jpg

Here’s still images of Kim Jung-Eun and Choi Yu-Hwa in MBN drama series “My Dangerous Wife” co-starring Choi Won-Young. The drama series is a remake of 2016 Fuji TV drama series “My Dangerous Wife.” In the drama series, Kim Jung-Eun plays Sim Jae-Kyeong. She appears like a perfect wife to Kim Yoon-Cheol’s (Choi Won-Young). Choi Yu-Hwa plays Jin Sun-Mi. She has a special relationship with Kim Yoon-Cheol. Filming for this scene took place August, 2020 at Uiam Baseball Stadium in Chuncheon.  Meanwhile, ep.1 trailer has been added at AsianWiki.

“My Dangerous Wife” first airs October 5, 2020 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Sim Jae-Kyeong (Kim Jung-Eun) is smart, kindhearted and wealthy. She is married to Kim Yoon-Cheol (Choi Won-Young). They have been married for the past 6 years. Sim Jae-Kyeong enjoys her happy marriage life with her husband, but she becomes involved in a mysterious kidnapping case.

Her husband, Kim Yoon-Cheol is a popular chef. He has a good looking appearance and cheerful personality. He has an ordinary marriage life with his wife, but he feels Sim Jae-Hyeong is awful and gets bored with his marriage. Meanwhile, Jin Sun-Mi (Choi Yu-Hwa) works at Kim Yoon-Cheol’s Italian restaurant. She has a special relationship with Kim Yoon-Cheol. She will do anything to get what she wants.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/still-images-ep-1-trailer-for-mbn-drama-my-dangerous-wife

First script reading video

• 2 weeks later...

Kim Jung Eun Is Determined To Get Rid Of Evidence In Upcoming Mysterious Thriller

542f21391f7948688fa29ed3ad9e7cd7.jpeg?s=

Oct 3, 2020
by L. Kim

MBN’s upcoming drama “My Dangerous Wife” has unveiled its first stills of Kim Jung Eun in her new role!

“My Dangerous Wife” is about a couple who married for love but struggles to keep their marriage alive. Choi Won Young plays Kim Yoon Cheol, while Kim Jung Eun stars as Shim Jae Kyung.

Kim Jung Eun’s character Shim Jae Kyung is deemed the “perfect wife” who is beautiful, intelligent, kind, and wealthy. However, one day, she becomes involved in a mysterious kidnapping incident.

Judging from the description of her flawless personality, it seems like Shim Jae Kyung will become the victim of a kidnapping case, but the new stills actually point out she may be the one who is behind the incident. Her face is deathly pale with uneasiness, and her eyes are wide with panic. She is wearing a plastic gown and surgical gloves, and there her hands and legs are covered with blood.

Things become even more suspicious when Shim Jae Kyung quickly wipes the bloodstains off the floor with a determined expression. What exactly is she trying to hide, and who do those bloodstains belong to?

kim-jung-eun-11.jpg

The production team of “My Dangerous Wife” said, “Kim Jung Eun is an actress who is amazing at controlling her emotions and immersing into her role. She brilliantly portrayed this scene that shows a moment of crisis. This will be a mystery thriller where you won’t be able to predict who is the victim and who is the perpetrator.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429335wpp/kim-jung-eun-is-determined-to-get-rid-of-evidence-in-upcoming-mysterious-thriller

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] My Dangerous Wife, 나의 위험한 아내 - Mon & Tue @ 23:00 KST

What a good start of the ep and I love it. It made me recall of some movies, one of which are "Gone Girl" where the husband was clueless and the wife was nuts. 

While watching the drama, in my theory, i have a sudden thought that the mistress might be the culprit who pair up with the wife to set up the entire plot....(perhaps i watched too many US/UK movies :lol: and the least suspect is usually the closest one who is next to the husband, the possible reason may be also due to money)

If the story goes similar to Gone Girl movie, then I would say never underestimated the power of revenge for a woman. 

Since it is a Japanese remake drama, I may watch it if my time allows - Boku no Yabai Tsuma (2016)

I like the first episode of the Kdrama and will continue watching. :D

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

What a good start of the ep and I love it. It made me recall of some movies, one of which are "Gone Girl" where the husband was clueless and the wife was nuts. 

While watching the drama, in my theory, i have a sudden thought that the mistress might be the culprit who pair up with the wife to set up the entire plot....(perhaps i watched too many US/UK movies :lol: and the least suspect is usually the closest one who is next to the husband, the possible reason may be also due to money)

If the story goes similar to Gone Girl movie, then I would say never underestimated the power of revenge for a woman. 

Since it is a Japanese remake drama, I may watch it if my time allows - Boku no Yabai Tsuma (2016)

I like the first episode of the Kdrama and will continue watching. :D

I haven't watched the first episode yet - will do so tonight.

I would like to just say something about the Gone Girl reference.
It is definitely not a remake of Gone Girl - there should only be similarities in the beginning if it is following the Japanese story line.  :kiss_wink:

46 minutes ago, partyon said:

I haven't watched the first episode yet - will do so tonight.

I would like to just say something about the Gone Girl reference.
It is definitely not a remake of Gone Girl - there should only be similarities in the beginning if it is following the Japanese story line.  :kiss_wink:

Haha, you may be right my dear. I just had a quick watched on last Ep of the Japanese drama, the wife was crazy and scary, as mentioned, never underestimated women's revenge power. Have you seen the korean movie " The Handmaiden (2016) " - another twist and turn of the storyline, a mind blowing one till you discover at the end....

(highly recommended if you haven't watched this movie, )

Lets enjoy the process of the k-remake story...I think it will be an entertaining one since some of the scenes were quite comical playing with the oldie music background...(the scene where the male lead quickly threw away the evidence - the red wine pour inside the washroom) :D

I'm just a casual viewer, so I'm not as invested. I see a lot of mentions that this was similar to Gone Girl - a movie I still don't quite get LoL. 

The first ep. featured a rather racy scene as the trashy husband has a romp with his equally trashy mistress. Who works at his restaurant yikes. The neighbor's wife look old enough to be her husband's mom LoL! And geez she's really nosy. 

Right now all fingers seem to be pointing toward the husband but the mistress seem to be an accomplice as well. I see at end credits that this is a remake of a J-drama. It's funny 'cause Won Young's wife keep playing characters where she's married to loser-like husbands. While he acts in mostly  characters that're bad husbands LoL.      

“My Dangerous Wife” Gets Off To Strong Start As “18 Again” Sets Personal Best In Ratings

ed4793e1129244c68b9e6f332ee5dfc6.jpeg?s=

Oct 6, 2020
by C. Hong

On October 5, tvN’s “Record of Youth” stayed strong as “18 Again” set a personal best and “My Dangerous Wife” made its premiere.

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere of MBN’s new drama “My Dangerous Wife,” starring Choi Won Young and Kim Jung Eun, recorded average nationwide ratings of 2.578 percent. This is similar to the premiere ratings of “Graceful Family” (2.7 percent), which set the record for the highest viewership ratings in MBN dramas last year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429781wpp/my-dangerous-wife-gets-off-to-strong-start-as-18-again-sets-personal-best-in-ratings

8 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The first ep. featured a rather racy scene as the trashy husband has a romp with his equally trashy mistress. Who works at his restaurant yikes. The neighbor's wife look old enough to be her husband's mom LoL! And geez she's really nosy.

To be honest, I was quite surprised by this explicit bed scene in ep 1. :D I never thought I would see one in a Korean drama.... lol

Not Complaining Kevin Hart GIF by Quibi

I thought I commented after watching the first episodes. I did not do it.

I did not watch the Japanese version and I don`t know what to expect but I like it this way. I enjoyed watching the first episodes. The husband is easy manipulated by the women in his life. :D Both wife and mistress are scary.

I wonder when their marrige hit the bottom or how they fall in love. She looked more relaxed then. Seeing her so obsessed with puting the things precisely in the right place at home,  I can`t imagine her when they were dating. She looks so cold now.

I saw in other dramas where a rich wife prepares the clothes for the husband every day, helps him dress or prepares his meal with enviable precision. I find it uncomfortable to watch. But then I saw her when she was with her family in law. I like her there. He looked more human.

The mistress is controling woman also. The way she followed him to see if he is doing the plan, or they way she was there when he took the money for the kidnapper it is suspisious.

To cheat and then accept the plan to murder the wife was so wrong but I still have pity for the husband for what he is living now. But I cheered for the wife also that was one- two steps ahead of them.That`s what I call a good revenge. :lol: When I saw him so relaxed when he thought his wife is gone and totally stressed out that she might be alive the next day was funny. If he would have known what she is capable of! :D I think it is just the beginning. 

The ex brother in law "smells" something suspicious and he wants to investigate who has the money. It looks like he can bring troubles. And police is after the case. Let see what the wife will do next. I bet the mistress will bring troubles to the husband as well.

Archived