MBN Drama

MY DANGEROUS WIFE

2009011449095940.jpg

Drama: My Dangerous Wife

Hangul: 나의 위험한 아내

Genre:mystery

Network: MBN

Episodes: 16

Director: Lee Hyeong-Min (Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-Gi , Strong Woman Do Bong Soon ,  The Miracle We Met, Chocolate)

Writer: Kim Yi-Ji (Avengers Social Club)

Release Date: October 5th - November 24th 2020

Runtime: Mon & Tue @ 23:00 KST

OST: part 1 Hyolyn- Return

Official site:

Plot

Drama My Dangerous Wife is about a process of finding the meaning of living as a wife and husband in Korean society through a couple who starts a war in the home with extreme risky choices.

Notes
“My Dangerous Wife” is based on a work that was aired on KTV in Japan in 2016.

Kohei Mochizuki  is married to Maria , but he has an affair with Anna Kitazato. The lovers plan to kill Maria. When Kohei Mochizuki comes home, he finds that his wife has disappeared and their are bloodstains. Kohei Mochizuki has mixed emotions. He realizes that he loves his wife Maria and hopes she returns safely. He soon learns the truth of the kidnapping and who Maria really is. (Asianwiki)

Cast

Kim Jung-Eun as Shim Jae-kyung

Choi Won-young as Kim Yun-cheol

Choi Yoo-hwa as Jin Seon Mi

Baek Soo Jang as Song Yoo-min

Shim Hye Jin as Ha Eun-hye

Lee Joon Hyuk as Seo Ji-tae

Jung Soo Young as Kim Hee-jung

Ahn Nae Sang as Roh Chang-beom

Yun Jong Seok as Jo Min Kyu

Kim Ja Young as Jung Soon

Yoon Ye Hee as Kim Yoon Hee

Baek Soo Jang as Song Yoo Min

Character descriptions

Shim Jae-kyung (Kim Jung Eun) is a woman who dreams of ordinary happiness.

Posters

Spoiler

EdsBSbbWAAAh7hT?format=jpg&name=large

EhmJIF5VgAEy6Bj?format=jpg&name=small

EhmJIF3UwAgtqN3?format=jpg&name=small

EhmJIF3UcAET-Sw?format=jpg&name=small

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a result of covering OSEN on the 27th, Choi Yoo-hwa was cast as a role of Jin Seon Mi in 'My Dangerous Wife'.

202005271413776265_5ecdf712c977f.jpg

'My Dangerous Wife' is based on a popular drama of the same name that was broadcast in Japan in 2016. The story tells the story of a husband who tries to kill his wife and learns the truth about his wife.

During the play, Kim Eun-eun and Choi Won-young take a breath as a couple. Kim Jung-eun played the role of Shim Jae-kyung with intelligence and good-natured mind, and Choi Won-young plays the role of star chef Yoon-cheol Kim.

Jin Seon-mi, who will be played by Choi Yoo-hwa, is the role of Yoon Chul, who tries hard to get what she wants.

https://m.sportalkorea.com/news/n_news_view.php?gisa_uniq=202005271413776265&sp=&section_code=C1000&fy=&spnk=#_enliple

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Dangerous Wife, 나의 위험한 아내 - Kim Jung Eun & Choi Won Young

I am really excited about this drama! :)  I've watched the Japanese version, and liked it.

I am pretty sure this version will take it to the next level.

Tagging @Sushimi because this is a type of drama you might like :D It's dark.... ;) 

16 hours ago, partyon said:

I am really excited about this drama! :)  I've watched the Japanese version, and liked it.

I am pretty sure this version will take it to the next level.

I did not watch the Japanese version and I don`t intend to do it. I did it a couple of times but I prefer to not know before hand the plot.

I don`t know how many episodes this drama will have. I know that Jdramas are short.

I understand that the husband will have second thoughts about his wife but I can`t seem to forget and forgive that he planed to murder his wife. And he was a cheater too. I agree with second chances but this time he has to work really hard to built the trust again. Maybe the "dangerous" wife was one step ahead of them. :lol:

I like dark dramas and I am curious about the plot. I also like that Choi Won Young will be the lead in this drama.

1 hour ago, larus said:

I don`t know how many episodes this drama will have. I know that Jdramas are short.

I understand that the husband will have second thoughts about his wife but I can`t seem to forget and forgive that he planed to murder his wife. And he was a cheater too. I agree with second chances but this time he has to work really hard to built the trust again. Maybe the "dangerous" wife was one step ahead of them. :lol:

I like dark dramas and I am curious about the plot. I also like that Choi Won Young will be the lead in this drama.

I think the Japanese version was about 9 episodes or something like that. I kind of hope that the Korean one doesn't drag it out to 16 episodes - I think 12 episodes would be best.

I can understand your hesitation when it comes to the plot, it is quite a sinister theme. All I can say is that despite the fact that we know that the husband tries to kill his wife, the story is more than that and it's well worth a watch. If you like surprises, plot twists and turns, this is definitely a drama for you! :D

Choi Won Young is awesome, and I think he will do well in the role of the husband.

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

I can understand your hesitation when it comes to the plot, it is quite a sinister theme. All I can say is that despite the fact that we know that the husband tries to kill his wife, the story is more than that and it's well worth a watch. If you like surprises, plot twists and turns, this is definitely a drama for you!

I like most of Jdramas so I trust that it will be a good story. I like suspense shows but not twist and turns in crazy makjang shows. :D

It has me intrigued so I will watch.

18 minutes ago, larus said:

I like most of Jdramas so I trust that it will be a good story. I like suspense shows but not twist and turns in crazy makjang shows. :D

It has me intrigued so I will watch.

The story is well done. I wouldn't call it 'makjang' per se, but it has a lot of surprises in it as the story unfolds.
I think you will enjoy it! :)

Any news yet on when this will start filming?

Tagging @Lmangla because she might like this drama as well ;)

On 5/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, partyon said:

I wouldn't call it 'makjang' per se, but it has a lot of surprises in it as the story unfolds.

Every movie/ kdrama has a doze of makjang but there some writers that exagerate on using it. I call it lasy writing.  There are mothers in law from hell and women who scream to other women when dealing with each other?  The poor candy, goody two shoes heroine who is always treated badly by the witch, mean rich girl? No, it won`t be the kind of makjang that I don`t like. If I have sensed that I wouldn't have been interested in this drama in the first place.

I like the first drama of this writer and I trust that it is a Jdramas remake.

On 5/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, partyon said:

Any news yet on when this will start filming?

I think they will start filming when the casting will be finalized. It won`t take long because I heard that this drama will be broadcast in August. I also find out that it has 16 episodes. But we should wait for the official confirmation.

I've seen the Japanese version too. I like Jdramas  cause they're short and sweet.  I forgot the ending so I look forward to seeing this too.  

Choi Won-young usually plays a bad guy, and he does it really well,  as in A Hundred Year Legacy, Doctor Prisoner, Sky Castle. I haven't seen Sky Castle but I bet he plays a bad guy. I can already see him as the unfaithful husband out to murder his wife in this drama.

Kim Jung-Eun most probably is playing the wife. She usually plays cutesy roles; but I can also see her having a dark persona secret. She probably tried to get a new life but now her instincts tell her somethings brewing.

The homewrecker, I don't know what to say. She's in for a rude awakening. To the actress, Choi Yoo-hwa ,  playing the mistress, do a job job.

Premiering in August. That's two months away. Please keep us posted with updates, screen shots etc. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, brooksmom said:

I haven't seen Sky Castle but I bet he plays a bad guy.

No, he did not play a bad guy is Sky Castle. Probably he is not playing a baddie in the current JTBC drama as well.

Yes, Kim Jung Eun is playing the wife. Her character dreams of  ordonary happiness but it doesn`t look lke he is getting that too soon.

Jdramas are not only short but most of them have interesting plots. I don`t mind that kdramas are longer but sometimes the plot lacks originality. But I see more different genre/ kdramas these days.

6 hours ago, larus said:

No, he did not play a bad guy is Sky Castle. Probably he is not playing a baddie in the current JTBC drama as well.

So, probably then, he is not playing the husband who has an affair and plans to kill his wife. I'm curious now to know who will play the role of the cheating husband. 

Adding this 5 hrs later. Sorry, @laruswhen you mentioned he's not a baddie in the current drama; I thought the current drama you were referring to was this post drama.  You are right, he is not a baddie in his current drama, Mystic Pop-up Bar. I am watching the drama now and can't wait for the next episode. All three main leads are great. I guess I should have said I usually remember him when he played a bad guy. That being said, he is a good actor and I enjoy seeing him act in all of his roles.

This is the Japanese version.   Be warned, although this is a trailer, it practically tells the whole story. SPOILER  SPOILER    SPOILER.  I'm sure the Korean version will be changed here and there just as Married Couple was when they did the remake of Doctor Foster.  

10 hours ago, brooksmom said:

That being said, he is a good actor and I enjoy seeing him act in all of his roles.

Yes, I was mentioning about the Mystic Pop-up Bar. He is a charismatic actor. he had a cameo in SBS drama Hyena not long ago and I enjoyed watching him. I am sure he will play the cheating husband well in MBN drama.

My only concern. I don`t think I saw another MBN drama. Are they translated?

2 hours ago, brooksmom said:

This is the Japanese version.   Be warned, although this is a trailer, it practically tells the whole story. SPOILER  SPOILER    SPOILER.  I'm sure the Korean version will be changed here and there just as Married Couple was when they did the remake of Doctor Foster.  

Thanks. As I suspected, the wife was behind the kidnapping. :lol: Both are twisted people. They are right for each other. If they don`t kill each other until the end of the drmaa they should remain together. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yoon Jong Suk was cast in drama My Dangerous Wife.

18a760b59552772d2648cbb51fa5ddc0.jpg

Yoon Jong-seok plays the role of Min-gyu, a neighbor next to the protagonists Jae-kyung (Kim Jeong-eun) and Yoon-cheol (Cho Won-young). Minkyu is a character wrapped in a veil, and the strange charm of the character will be combined with Yoon's charisma to add immersion to the story.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202006196464k

• 2 weeks later...

Actors Choi Won-young and Choi Yoo-hwa join the actors starring the new drama'My Dangerous Wife'.
AKR20200716092400005_01_i.jpg

On the 16th,'My Dangerous Wife' announced the joining of the two actors and announced that the lineup of three main actors, including Kim Jong-un, Choi Won-young, and Choi Yu-hwa, was completed.

https://www.hankyung.com/society/article/202007166050Y

Kim Jung-Eun, Choi Won-Young, & Choi Yu-Hwa cast in MBN drama “My Dangerous Wife”

My-Dangerous-Wife-KD-TP1.jpg

Kim Jung-Eun, Choi Won-Young, and Choi Yu-Hwa are cast in MBN drama series “My Dangerous Wife” (literal title). The drama series is a remake of 2016 Fuji TV drama series “My Dangerous Wife” starring Hideaki Ito, Yoshino Kimura, and Saki Aibu. For the Korean remake, Kim Jung-Eun will play Sim Jae-Kyeong. She is happily married to Kim Yoon-Cheol (Choi Won-Yonug), but becomes involved in a kidnapping case. Choi Ji-Hwa will play Jin Sun-Mi. She works with Kim Yoon-Cheol.

“My Dangerous Wife” first airs September, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-jung-eun-choi-won-young-choi-yu-hwa-cast-in-mbn-drama-my-dangerous-wife

Choi Won-young,  Kim Jung-eun, and Choi Yoo-hwa sign up for new MBN drama

by tccolb

0003769666_001_20200716172103442.jpg
Kim Jung-eun, Choi Won-young, Choi Yoo-hwa

MBN has a new drama in the works called My Dangerous Wife, and casting has been confirmed for Choi Won-young (Mystic Pop-up Bar), Kim Jung-eun (Duel), and Choi Yoo-hwa (Class of Lies).

The story is centered around a couple who initially married for love, but now are just going through the motions and doing the bare minimum to maintain their married life. Although marriage had once seemed safe and secure, a frightening realization has now set in — they’ve been living with their most dangerous enemy and are now at war. Through this conflict, the drama aims to take a deeper look at marriage and relationships, and explores what it means to fail or succeed within these contexts.

Kim Jung-eun plays one half of the central couple, wife Shim Jae-kyung. She seems to have it all: she’s beautiful, intelligent, kind and she’s also a very talented and competent career woman. Her dream had simply been to live happily in love with her husband for the rest of their lives, as promised in their wedding vows. But she suddenly becomes embroiled in a mysterious kidnapping incident, creating trauma for everyone around her.

Choi Won-young plays husband Kim Yoon-chul, a successful celebrity chef with good looks, wealth, and a cheerful personality. Together with his wife, they were the image of a perfect couple when they first got married. Fast forward 6 years; their relationship is now in a rut. Struggling with feelings of dread about his home life, he finds refuge in his work and puts all of his heart and soul into his career.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/choi-won-young-kim-jung-eun-and-choi-yoo-hwa-sign-up-for-new-mbn-drama/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived