[Drama 2020] My Dangerous Wife, 나의 위험한 아내

larus

I enjoyed watching this lead couple's mind game played on EP 3 and 4. The most scary and ironic part was when the wife kept saying to her husband "I trust you...." in several times, it became so fake in the relationship. The funny part is the twist and turn plots that drove the male lead crazy...:D

A drama with black humorous marriage storyline that shakes everyone's concept of marriage, as it clearly brings out the serious problem behind the marriage.

Countless couples are involved in arguments, re-examining the person next to them. Look at the male lead suddenly realised that he needed to understand "more" on his wife background and movement when she returned from the kidnapping incident. This couple's marriage foundation is merely based on financial and social status, at least for the man. Story explained clearly on their imbalance relationship. In fact, in any marriage, there may be power struggles. However, those marriages that can be maintained in a long run can always find a way to compromise.

According to the statistics, the six major elements that affect people's mate selection are character, appearance, materials or property assets, social status or fame, knowledge or learning, social demeanor, and personality.

I did not watch the full Japanese drama, I could assume none of them was willing to give up at the moment, especially from the wife's obsession angle, she doesn't want to divorce, she wants to cling on it and take revenge because of her husband's extramarital affair, and this will eventually suffer together in the fierce battle. Of course, it is a good lesson learnt for all the men. From this drama, a similar black comedy content that I could recall to, is the hollywood movie "The war of roses" by Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner.

In fact, take a step back and the sky will be brighter. Compromise doesn't mean that you lose. To give up temporarily may also be a kind of fulfillment for yourself.

After watching all the similar content, will all the women in the world still wish to get married or divorce in reality? :lol:

Meanwhile, lets enjoy their strategy mind game in this battle..., there will be no win-win, or lose-lose. Only compromise if they still want to carry on their relationship...:popcornjackson:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much French, but is "le amour eternel" even grammatically correct? Shouldn't it be "l'amour?" Google translate tells me "eternal love" should just be "amour eternel." HAHAHA I can't believe I care about this.

Spoiler

4 out of 16 episodes so far and the plot is soooo similar to the U.S. movie "Gone Girl." (I'm sorry if you haven't seen that movie!) But there are so many similar elements that I almost can't believe this isn't an adaptation.

So far, that is.

Now we get to see what is different in the next 12 episodes!

@larus I think you had the right choice not to watch the japanese version.  I´m still contemplating if I should watch this because I have seen the japanese version. So I know the plot. The only thing that is different is the episode count. 

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

I don't know much French, but is "le amour eternel" even grammatically correct? Shouldn't it be "l'amour?" Google translate tells me "eternal love" should just be "amour eternel." HAHAHA I can't believe I care about this.

Reveal hidden contents

4 out of 16 episodes so far and the plot is soooo similar to the U.S. movie "Gone Girl." (I'm sorry if you haven't seen that movie!) But there are so many similar elements that I almost can't believe this isn't an adaptation.

So far, that is.

Now we get to see what is different in the next 12 episodes!

I just noticed that the dark mode is gone now and there's been other changes.

@chickfactor Yes, I was taught that in school. You can't have two vowels together. In the pronunciation it would drop off. So l'amour would be correct.

Spoiler

@chickfactor I looked up that movie you mentioned. The summary looks to be identical and since it's from 2014 that would be the original. Japanese version 2016 and now Korean version 2020.

@partyon I am one that didn't know you are a Keanu Reeves fan. Now I know. 

@joccu I sometimes like the Japanese dramas because they aren't longer than 10 episodes. And they do it without open endings. I too, have not watched this drama yet because I feel that all the fun is gone since I have seen the Japanese version. Even Choi Won-young and his good acting skills doesn't entice me to want to watch it (yet). Maybe later.

“Zombie Detective,” “My Dangerous Wife” Set Personal Bests In Viewership Ratings

Oct 14, 2020
by C. Hong

d5e3e0f5aaa64af5a92d550d6702a9e2.jpeg?s=

MBN’s new drama, “My Dangerous Wife,” also set a new personal best with average nationwide ratings of 3.053 percent and a peak of 3.5 percent.

Hi chingus, I started this drama by chance and I really like it :) (ofc it is about affairs and revenge..)

The (devoted) wife is so crazy and funny at the same time. I don'y have pity for the cheating husband hahaha. He is not on the same level as his wifey's. I just hope she is not responsible for her hoobae's death :(

I am French and we never say LE Amour éternel haha. If I read this writing on a bottle of wine, I would never drink it. It is for sure a poisonous one :D (I checked on internet, i did not find it hehe)

21 hours ago, poppie said:

Hi chingus, I started this drama by chance and I really like it :) (ofc it is about affairs and revenge..)

The (devoted) wife is so crazy and funny at the same time. I don'y have pity for the cheating husband hahaha. He is not on the same level as his wifey's. I just hope she is not responsible for her hoobae's death :(

I am French and we never say LE Amour éternel haha. If I read this writing on a bottle of wine, I would never drink it. It is for sure a poisonous one :D (I checked on internet, i did not find it hehe)

Bad French on your wine label = poison. :lol:  #lifetips

Has anyone noticed that LP bar that is in so many K-dramas lately?

Just off the top of my head, they shot scenes in that bar for:

"When My Love Blooms"

"I Can Hear Your Song"

"My Unfamiliar Family"

I'm sure there are more. Is this a Studio Dragon thing?

(Is the universe trying to tell me that I am watching too many K-dramas?)  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This drama is actually so good, don't understand how it doesn't have more attention! First of all I absolutely adore the wife instead of crying like in other dramas she actually ended up taking revenge on her husband who not only cheated, used her for the money that her family has (I mean he seemed so upset after he found out that her parents money is going to charity) he also tried to kill her. I mean I was expecting him to be more oblivious, but so far the plot thickens and is just getting so much better. I am on team Sim Jae she is truly intelligent and if she was acting like a wife who blames herself for her husbands affair she would've ended up dead while her husband would enjoy her money with his mistress! 

Kim Yoon honestly has no shame he keeps blaming his wife for everything, but if he was so unhappy he could've just divorced her, I see him and his mistress as the truly evil characters in this drama, they were the ones who planned the murder in the first place.

I believe the fire was set on purpose by Sim Jae's college friend to make the police think he is dead so they stop investigating him he did say that love means more to him than his art. 

Cannot wait to see what happens next absolutely love the leads especially the wife who is a strong character and is not letting others push her around or "poison" her, girl go you!

On 10/14/2020 at 2:33 PM, poppie said:

If I read this writing on a bottle of wine, I would never drink it. It is for sure a poisonous one 

I will think it was a counterfeit wine. :D What is with these kdrama wine names? I watched another kdrama (9.9 Billion woman) and there it was a wine named  Caza del Zorro. :Dbe6c8861891cc0aff3d966ab4bf1067f0e0ae1a0

On 10/14/2020 at 4:31 AM, joccu said:

@larus I think you had the right choice not to watch the japanese version.  I´m still contemplating if I should watch this because I have seen the japanese version. So I know the plot. The only thing that is different is the episode count. 

I started the Turkish one, and there some differences, but not enough that I didn’t feel I was watching rerun. So, I stopped, though that one was amazing too. 

I might go back though, if I keep getting deprived of subs. This is why I did not renew my Viki subscription. Maybe I’m a bit OCD, but I like my schedules.

21 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Yep, just google and you will find it.  It's a matter of a few euros to get all 6 episodes.

I googled it when I first saw you mention it. All I could find was old looking clips. When did the turkish version come out?  Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing. Euros? Oh, it would definitely be euros in Finland, @joccu .  And it's only 6(1 hr) episodes. This would be my favorite too if it's only 6 episodes long. Shorter than the Japanese one. I think you're in US tulip06, was it on prime?

10 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

I googled it when I first saw you mention it. All I could find was old looking clips. When did the turkish version come out?  Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing. Euros? Oh, it would definitely be euros in Finland, @joccu .  And it's only 6(1 hr) episodes. This would be my favorite too if it's only 6 episodes long. Shorter than the Japanese one. I think you're in US tulip06, was it on prime?

It’s two hour episodes. Sorry but I messed up my work computer trying to find it for you all and don’t dare again. It was Euros for me too and I’m in the US. So, 12 hours of time. That’s not bad for a Turkish drama which are usually 2.5 hours and 20-50 something episodes.

i have good news. Both this weeks episodes are on ODK. They will be getting my money after my Viki subscription runs out. No need to double things up anymore, it will be ODK and KOCOWA and bye bye waiting for volunteer subbers. 

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

It’s two hour episodes. Sorry but I messed up my work computer trying to find it for you all and don’t dare again. It was Euros for me too and I’m in the US. So, 12 hours of time. That’s not bad for a Turkish drama which are usually 2.5 hours and 20-50 something episodes.

i have good news. Both this weeks episodes are on ODK. They will be getting my money after my Viki subscription runs out. No need to double things up anymore, it will be ODK and KOCOWA and bye bye waiting for volunteer subbers. 

I just cancelled ODK. How DARE they actually have an English Drama that I like!!! My eldest daughter is back on college campus now so she is not here to translate the Korean for me. I used my daughter to translate the news shows. I canceled Viki a while ago. If ODK would sub at least 60% of their shows then I would sign back up, otherwise, I will be suffering through ODK ads or Dramak***

I’m team Jaekyung. She is right. Her cheating husband made her the monster. I really think she snapped knowing he and his lover sniggered about killing her, and him having an allergy to her. That must’ve made her feel so low.

@foreverempress ODK gets my money month by month whenever they have a drama I want to watch.

Okay, I just finished all these episodes, and what is with Jae Kyung holding it against loyal Soo Min for breaking his promise to stay a friend only and yet hanging onto the husband when the husband CHEATED? She and her neighborhood unnie have to use money to keep their boys. Those boys are not worth it, and I’m calling them boys, because they have never once grown up.  

Although, maybe the neighborhood unnie’s nampyun actually has some maturity, since he wants a business and independence of his own. 

Still Team Jae Kyung, though, because if she is a villain, she is a good one.

Archived