Quantcast

[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

@O Thanks for your kind note.

I agree with you. MJ is not 100% innocent but she paid her dues with her ex hubby. All deserve to be happier and free and have healthier relationships. I concur that JH is more brother like with SA ( I mean she is his BFF lil sis--if he was interested he could have dated her but he opted not to as he did not reciprocate her feelings).  So he is NOT jealous of NR with SA but knowing she is with a guy with a dicey past makes him worry.

We are guessing that James and MJ got married due to her getting pregnant (is our guess). For one, he is not the IDEAL candidate for marriage of a coddled rich young princess. He was poor and he liked SJ who was similar to him in background. But MJ got her way and I am sure disapproval from her family. So she dealt and suffered under James'  family and Mother in Law and what not. But she did it out of love and liking James. 

CW and JH --I love their relationship. I am glad they are both talking and there for each other. After the big talk of SJ and CW with her CEO JW mom confronting her bio maternal grandmother---bravo. I am glad SJ told James too.  There might be REKINDLING. I mean SJ did say --you were always one who looked after me (to herself about James). 

HD with SA brother, she easily gave up being a trainee (though she THOUGHT she wanted it) her enthusiasm to run to SA dad and JH BFF to help him style the client. CW unni was right that no matter what it is go with what makes your heart sign and you are excited. SA brother pretending to not want to hold her back and her doing mildang (push and pull) sitting on the chair not LEAVING immediately.  I liked she told the young woman to improve her confidence. To dress shabby and her EX still wanted her was due to her as a person not only just her looks. He probably is groveling due to he lost a good person and is regretting big time.

Loved how Dr Aunt handled NR and she is astute. Uncle is too trusting and I agree NR cried but I too could not 100% feel that much pity. As someone said before, they are building it that he will be still with the Villa people. In the end, I did not get why he had to be so rude to CW.  But that is his role to grasp at straws and get something from all the hard work and inroads he worked hard to get and if he lost it all after CW started being with JH, he needs SA.

James needing the cute sweatshirt to maintain the James persona at work , LOL cute. But being nice and warm fuzzy doesn't always translate well at work. I hope he finds his happy medium. Funny how he likes himself as James to want to work at the Trotters place part time to alleviate his loneliness. Old habits die hard, he is MEAN to MJ and snarky. Fibbed he sent to dry cleaners her comfort stuffed animal when he hand washed it.

Glad JW knows about SJ (I know she figured it was big glaring loop holes she is not aware of the situation but then makes it MORE known how abandoned CW/SY was. Glad she has SJ as her adoptive mom. Though she yearned her bio mom she did love her adoptive family too. 

CW bio dad is RIGH by them. Interesting NR did not let the cat out of the bag. Then again he knows that he could do something to him.  Bio dad trying to get back to JW and seriously CW only knows him as the nice guy that works with JH making hand drip coffee. LOL. 

Looking forward to next week....

• Like 4
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be quite honest, I did not think I have the patience to stick with this up until the latest episode. Jin Ki Joo made it works I guess.    As much as I am frustrated with Seo Ah, can I jus

I came to this thread to see what other soompiers were thinking and I agree 100% with you. That kidnapper, no matter what the reason is, knows exactly what she has done and who the real mother is and

In the middle of 12, and are they bromancing Koala and Na Ro? Loved the all black cool. 

Some clips posted

The real truth is now out to all about Seo Yeon/ Chae Won (ep 29-30)

OST song (not sure if posted already) 

OOPS I realized I did not watch ep 30 until last night. So the prior post was just on ep 29.

-I liked that James despite getting his memory back and RH, HD and Uncle now know he has his memory back. Cute how James wants to hold on being treated the same as James when Uncle sees his great home. I liked how he cares for Uncle and Uncle cooked for him. He got him food and saw his empty fridge. He may be wealthy right now he is lonely and his warm friendship and company were appreciated. The fact James fibbed that JH is independent that is why he left home. Yes it is part of the reason but not the whole picture.

-Doctor Aunt being sad about Uncle. Well those two need to talk alot. Uncle is hurt and Aunt is hurt he left without saying anything going to James place. Well I am sure they will talk and reconcile. I liked that James gave Uncle courage saying SJ as her unni is kind and understanding.

-MJ stealing/taking the bible that her ex hubby gave SJ (I did not get that plot line at all) Other than jealousy but really she had to do petty theft. She just could have shoved it back under the small table not stuff it into her expensive bag

-SA and NR sending those pics of JH and CW and saying she is the BIO daughter to the other Board Members of CEO JW firm. Seriously? Interesting JH's dad heard about it. I guess he is a board member? I am glad that JH found out to be there for CW. 

-CW having to deal with the petty SA pretending to be kind. UGGGH. I don't get her saying she is NOT the bio daughter. Yeah technically she is NOT legally. It is interesting in the preview that SJ wants her to be the LEGAL daughter for JW family register. (Go SJ standing up for CW and her mom. She is getting confidence and much needed strength.)  I agree with RH and HD who were like--she is being NICE to us? Yup People do not change overnight. She is just too much. Then when CW was saying to JH , they are innocent in this situation and are hiding to avoid the board members when they came as guests to have dinner with CEO JW at her home. UGGGH.

-NR had a smidgeon of guilt when he looked at CW at work while sending the emails but since she is standing in his way, he warned her he would ignore her as she IS continuing to be in the way.

-CW bio dad hanging out with our OTP. He is not entirely evil. But JW mom did not like cause he is evil? I mean ok he is not rich and well connected like SA dad. But What did he do to get the JW's mom dislike other than being poor ?  He has SOME redeeming points and I wonder if the grandmother framed the dad for the kidnapping and death of SY. Ergo him serving time for SY even though she is alive and well with SJ?  He is handy with his hands and made the teddy bear and even repaired it. He makes hand dripped coffee. He has a soft spot for his daughter (of course) even if he hasn't seen her in YEARS in the flesh. She is still his flesh and blood. The fact he tried to get NR away from her. He is working to be close to her so when she realizes she LIKES her dad (it is too late to dislike him much). Or will the betrayal of his hiding his identity to her hurt her more? I like that NR warned him he is acting overboard and adding suspicion from our OTP. Sure enough. they BOTH saw NR looking at CW bio dad . There is SOMETHING there but they just don't know what it is.

HD and SA brother and him getting so drunk he needed to stay at JH's room. LOL. HD happy to have the job. Everyone knows about SA's bro is JH's pal but he asks James to not tell him who he is. I love how JH found out they did not know RD, HD and Uncle that he is SA's real oppa. OMG that is true knowing how they dislike SA based on her behavior to CW their precious person. Of course that would automatically make them not have good feelings to him. So true.

Looking forward to this weekend.

All have a Happy New Year and may 2021 be safe and happier and healthier. This past year has been a trial but thanks to Soompi Forums it has kept me sane!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Winners Of 2020 KBS Drama Awards

KBS ended the year by recognizing the network’s best talent and programming at the 2020 KBS Drama Awards!

The ceremony, which was held on the evening of December 31, was hosted by Jo Bo Ah, Lee Sang Yeob, and Do Kyung Wan.

Chun Ho Jin took home the Daesang (Grand Prize) for his performance in “Once Again.” He shared, “When we started ‘Once Again,’ I said to my juniors, ‘Let’s do our best to have a lot of fun with this drama. Let’s give even a bit of hope to people who are having a hard time.’ If I dare to think so, it seems like we achieved that goal. I’m very happy.”

He shared that he thought of himself as receiving the trophy on behalf of his co-stars and many others, with him being given it it because he was the “head of the household.” He shared, “Also, while we were filming, my father passed away.

Cha Hwa Yun, who was my partner, gave me strength and guided me along. I want to give this award to Cha Hwa Yun.”

He shared his hope that everyone will be able to feel gratitude over small things in order to experience more happiness in the new year. Finally, he shared that his father had greatly enjoyed “Once Again” and passed away before it ended, going on to express his thanks and love to him. “Everyone, Happy New Year, and please be healthy,” he said.

chun-ho-jin.jpg

Check out the list of winners below!

Daesang (Grand Prize): Chun Ho Jin (“Once Again”)

Top Excellence Award: Park In Hwan (“Brilliant Heritage”), Jung Bo Suk (“Homemade Love Story”), Lee Min Jung (“Once Again”)

Excellence Award – Long Drama: Lee Sang Yeob (“Once Again”), Lee Jang Woo (“Homemade Love Story”), Lee Jung Eun (“Once Again”), Jin Ki Joo (“Homemade Love Story”)

Excellence Award – Daily Drama: Kang Eun Tak (“A Man in a Veil”), Kim Yoo Suk (“No Matter What”), Park Ha Na (“Fatal Promise”), Lee Chae Young (“A Man in a Veil”)

Excellence Award – Miniseries: Park Sung Hoon (“Into the Ring”), Lee Jae Wook (“Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”), Nana (“Into the Ring”), Jo Yeo Jeong (“Cheat on Me If You Can”)

Best Writer: Yang Hee Seung (“Once Again”)

Achievement Award: Song Jae Ho

Supporting Actor Award – Miniseries: Ye Ji Won (“Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol”), Ahn Kil Kang (“Into the Ring”)

Supporting Actor Award – Long Drama: Oh Dae Hwan (“Once Again”), Oh Yoon Ah (“Once Again”), Kim Sun Young (“Homemade Love Story”)

Best Actor in One Act/Special/Short Drama: Son Sook (“A Jaunt“), Lee Yoo Young (“Traces of Love”), Lee Shin Young (“How to Buy a Friend”), Lee Han Wi (“My Lilac”)

Best Couple Awards: Jin Ki Joo and Lee Jang Woo (“Homemade Love Story”); Lee Jang Woo and Jung Bo Suk (“Homemade Love Story”); Nana and Park Sung Hoon (“Into the Ring”); Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon (“Cheat on Me if You Can”); Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah (“Forest”); Lee Sang Yi and Lee Cho Hee, Chun Ho Jin and Lee Jung Eun, Lee Sang Yeob and Lee Min Jung (“Once Again”)

Popularity Award: Kim Young Dae (“Cheat on Me if You Can”), Lee Sang Yeob (“Once Again”), Jo Bo Ah (“Forest”)

Best New Actor Awards: Seo Ji Hoon (“To All The Guys Who Loved Me”, “Meow, the Secret Boy”), Lee Sang Yi (“Once Again”), WJSN’s Bona (“Homemade Love Story”), Shin Ye Eun (“Meow, the Secret Boy”), Lee Cho Hee (“Once Again”)

Best Child Actor Awards: Moon Woo Jin (“Once Again”), Lee Ga Yeon (“Once Again”)

The 2020 KBS Drama Awards will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446324wpp/winners-of-2020-kbs-drama-awards

• Thanks 1

Poor BCW/SY the bunch of people headed by SA's uncle made an unannounced meeting with JW, of course leaked Sly ferret that JW has a secret daughter. It also coincided or maybe was planned by SA with SJ & family dining at JW's. To sum it, BCW claimed that she was just SA's friend and JW later also told SA's uncle et al that BCW was not her daughter and clearly overheard by SJ & family, who were hiding from the bunch - not sure why. JH got a hunch that his new worker was PPH and tricked him to reveal himself... continuing tomorrow.

edit: Just watched it with the subtitles. The sly ferret and cunning fox SA have finally succeeded in putting a wedge between BCW and JW.  PPH's identity is known to JH.

I think we will see BCW doing a  noble idiocy thing because she does not want to be a burden to JW. But hopefully not that exasperating for us viewers. I am banking on PPH to break Sly ferret NR's legs or at least rough him up. In the preview, the old woman has made him her personal assist.

• Thanks 1

Lee Jang Woo And Jin Ki Joo Take Their Relationship To The Next Stage In “Homemade Love Story”

KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” shared a glimpse of Lee Jang Woo and Jin Ki Joo having a romantic date!

“Homemade Love Story” is a drama about the various stories that take place inside the Samkwang Villa. It is a family drama centered around the villa’s owner, Lee Soon Jung (Jeon In Hwa), who welcomes everyone to her table. Lee Jang Woo stars as a detail-oriented architect named Woo Jae Hee, and Jin Ki Joo co-stars as Lee Bit Chae Woon, who has to shoulder the responsibility of taking care of her family.

Spoilers

Previously in the drama, Lee Bit Chae Woon was able to stay strong despite the many shocking truths coming her way, thanks to her boyfriend Woo Jae Hee. He candidly said to her that he felt upset and sorry about not being able to fully fathom the pain she was going through, and he also sweetly told her, “From now on, I’m going to love you more than anyone else in the world forever.” Hearing these loving words of support from Woo Jae Hee, Lee Bit Chae Won stood strong in the face of adversity.

New stills revealed by KBS shows Woo Jae Hee proposing to Lee Bit Chae Woon. Their eyes glisten with sincerity as they look at one another, and the colorful lights behind them add to the romantic atmosphere. After confirming their unchanging love for one another, they will happily enjoy a date between just the two of them.

lee-jang-woo-jin-ki-joo.jpg

The drama’s producers shared, “Today (January 3), the Koala-Moongi couple that received a best couple award [at the 2020 KBS Drama Awards] will demonstrate the peak of their sweetness. What could be the secret behind Woo Jae Hee’s proposal that touched Lee Bit Chae Woon’s heart? Please look forward to watching the moment the two of them fall completely in love with each other.”

Episode 32 of “Homemade Love Story” airs on January 3 at 7:55 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446625wpp/lee-jang-woo-and-jin-ki-joo-take-their-relationship-to-the-next-stage-in-homemade-love-story

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uuurgh right I I no longer give a stuff about NR's backstory he's reached the point of no redemption but we all know they'll be kumbayaing at the end. How old was SA when JW became her stepmum? How did they raise such and awful human being? Sorry to say but the chickens are coming home to roost for JW she help create that monster. 

Looks like crim pops is gonna have to maybe team up with JW and protect their daughter, they both need to finally step up. But no that'll probably no happen...he'll probably use trying to protect BCW to try get into JW graces and get money. Thank heaven's she has SJ and her Villa family they will always fight for her. The bios are useless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So so sweet, they are exchanging rings in this episode!

JH is just the perfect BF. He loves her despite knowing her father is a convicted criminal. Kdramas have made stories out of even less 'imperfection'. He is always there for her... oh oh do they make them that way in Korea? :dorakiss: SA is going to remain an old maid or end up with jailbird NR. Why can't they cast a better looking actor? so watching him do bad things would not be so bad on the eye.

Let's hope PPH will not do anything to hurt SY/BCW. Maybe move to Busan or further.

• Like 2

“Homemade Love Story” Ratings Hit New All-Time High; “Mr. Queen” And “The Uncanny Counter” Stay Strong

KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” has soared to its highest ratings yet!

On January 3, viewership ratings for the popular weekend drama reached a new all-time high. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Homemade Love Story” scored average nationwide ratings of 30.7 percent and 33.3 percent for its two parts, setting a new personal record for the series.

Meanwhile, tvN’s hit drama “Mr. Queen” continued to take first place in its time slot, scoring an average nationwide rating of 12.3 percent and a peak of 13.7 percent for the night. The show also achieved its highest viewership ratings to date among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 7.3 percent and a peak of 8.1 percent.

OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter” enjoyed a modest increase in viewership from the night before, scoring an average nationwide rating of 9.1 percent and a peak of 10.1 percent for its latest episode.

Finally, TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” remained stable, maintaining its average nationwide rating of 2.3 percent from the previous night.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Homemade Love Story”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446776wpp/homemade-love-story-ratings-hit-new-all-time-high-mr-queen-and-the-uncanny-counter-stay-strong

The preview shows a smirking SA when she runs into BCW whom she has finally succeeded in removing from the house. I want her thoroughly humiliated and going crazy when BCW shows off her engagement ring.

Oops PPH has roughed up NR, he should control his temper.

SJ is shocked when JW told her that she cannot acknowledged BCW and asked her to take BCW home. She is going to be so sorry when she is invited to BCW-JH's wedding as a guest.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, maribella said:

The preview shows a smirking SA when she runs into BCW whom she has finally succeeded in removing from the house. I want her thoroughly humiliated and going crazy when BCW shows off her engagement ring.

Oops PPH has roughed up NR, he should control his temper.

SJ is shocked when JW told her that she cannot acknowledged BCW and asked her to take BCW home. She is going to be so sorry when she is invited to BCW-JH's wedding as a guest.

Mate I was thinking the same.... Roll on next week! Can't wait for her eyes to clock the ring. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Mate I was thinking the same.... Roll on next week! Can't wait for her eyes to clock the ring. 

it should be in the office in front of many employees :lol:

Don't you wonder why JW has not figured out that she is behind it? After all it's her uncle who got the emails.

• Like 1

Sooo, pannchoa just translated a post about James-ssi. He used to be so handsome, I was shocked. 

https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2021/01/theqoo-actor-who-wouldve-been-legendary.html?m=1

• Love 1

Watching this drama has been very enjoyable every weekend.   Just started to feel tense for BCW. And needed to get this off my chest here in Soompi:grin:  

A bit worried JH might be making the wrong move not telling BCW about PPH.  He has tell her ASAP or his proposal  is screwed.  It’s nice that he immediately thinks the best way to give BCW sense of belongings and having a place with no doubt is with him. However the first thing I was thinking, where will they live!?  He is still boarding in. That tiny room. :joy:

Guess it’s safe assume if they marry they will still live at SVillage As that is where all the action is. 

It’s a very sad prediction of seeing BCW marry with her bio mom looking 

on from the back, with no way to acknowledge her daughter.

I conclude having a wedding bringing everyone together, is pinpoint highlight of the story.  It may be disaster or it may be peaceful. 
just expecting a crash because there is about 67 episodes left? 

just thinking about it makes me itch for previews.

@Gi I thought "James" was dignified and handsome but YES that blog post is accurate. If he was in HK during their golden era he would be a matinee star. I agree with comments he is a cross between Andy Lau and Leung Chiu Wai. (I personally favored Andy Lau then in the TVB dramas out of the TOP 5.

Congrats best couple our OTP

ep 33 preview

• Like 1
On 12/30/2020 at 11:24 AM, Nodame said:

We are guessing that James and MJ got married due to her getting pregnant (is our guess).

Yes, once while they were fighting, he said that he wouldn't have married her if not for their son.

Hurray for the Koala-Moongi couple, possibly the least angsty couple I've seen recently. The situation around them is plenty angsty, but those two are pretty chill.

Yes, I cannot wait for Seo-A to find out. She is doing no favors for herself by acting this way. Stop trying to ruin other people's happiness and just live your life, girl! People are going to be happy anyway, you're just making yourself miserable.

That grandma is a piece of work. I can't wait until she gets some comeuppance.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Soompi Awards: Best dramas of 2020

Here is your chance to vote for the prime time k-dramas you enjoyed the most last year.

Which dramas will win our prestigious award? Please vote! :kiss_wink:

Your Event Organizers ( @Lmangla and @partyon)

• Blob 1

I wonder why there are three in the favourite couple category. Father and son as well?

I like the actress BCW, she is pretty in a wholesome way. 

I think there are only 50 episodes altogether because each one is 50-55 minutes. So 32 is actually 64.

We would be watching 18 more episodes, I think.

• Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!