[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

@Gi I thought "James" was dignified and handsome but YES that blog post is accurate. If he was in HK during their golden era he would be a matinee star. I agree with comments he is a cross between Andy Lau and Leung Chiu Wai. (I personally favored Andy Lau then in the TVB dramas out of the TOP 5.

Congrats best couple our OTP

ep 33 preview

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/30/2020 at 11:24 AM, Nodame said:

We are guessing that James and MJ got married due to her getting pregnant (is our guess).

Yes, once while they were fighting, he said that he wouldn't have married her if not for their son.

Hurray for the Koala-Moongi couple, possibly the least angsty couple I've seen recently. The situation around them is plenty angsty, but those two are pretty chill.

Yes, I cannot wait for Seo-A to find out. She is doing no favors for herself by acting this way. Stop trying to ruin other people's happiness and just live your life, girl! People are going to be happy anyway, you're just making yourself miserable.

That grandma is a piece of work. I can't wait until she gets some comeuppance.

I wonder why there are three in the favourite couple category. Father and son as well?

I like the actress BCW, she is pretty in a wholesome way. 

I think there are only 50 episodes altogether because each one is 50-55 minutes. So 32 is actually 64.

We would be watching 18 more episodes, I think.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, maribella said:

it should be in the office in front of many employees :lol:

Don't you wonder why JW has not figured out that she is behind it? After all it's her uncle who got the emails.

In her heart of hearts she knows darn well that is her. But she's hoping she didn't cause it'll also highlight the fact the SHE raised this monster. She raised such a nasty person while her bio daughter grew into a lovely young lady through SJ care and love. She doesn't want to see that reflection especially now she failing her daughter once again.

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

Tonight BCW will find out that Mr Lee is actually Mr Park. I am guessing of course.
The girl is supposed to be strong, the head of her family for many years but JH and her family are trying to protect her from truths? Tell her, it would be more fun for us.

Has PPH been in prison for 30 years? No mention of what he did or how long he was in there. I have never watched kdramas which sentenced convicted criminals to anything more than 3 years, even for kidnapping and attempted murder.

14 hours ago, maribella said:

Tonight BCW will find out that Mr Lee is actually Mr Park. I am guessing of course.

Well, with the help of NR's riddles I sure she will find out who Mr.Park is, just like JH did.

Anyway, do you guys think show runners are going to cut the NR character from the show? In the preview of the episode-34, it was shown that he was leaving the Sangam Villa. He is one of the character who makes the show interesting and helped in acceleration of the plot. Like, I think JH and BCW love plot actually accelerated because of him. And I am sort of rooting for him to end up with SA, and I am also interested in his background story, it seems like he was abandoned by his adopted parents, it would be interesting to see how Lee Soon-Jung will react to his actions, since he consider her as a mother figure.

15 hours ago, maribella said:

Has PPH been in prison for 30 years? No mention of what he did or how long he was in there. I have never watched kdramas which sentenced convicted criminals to anything more than 3 years, even for kidnapping and attempted murder.

He almost seems like a gangster to me, maybe he was involved in some kind of drug related case and ended up serving 30 years in prison. But I really don't like the way his character is been shown in the series, like, do we need to feel sorry for him that he missed daughter? All that emotional scenes with his BCW doesn't redeem him from the wrong doings he has done towards the whole family. He even tried to leverage his position and made Lee Choon Suk to invest in his company,which shows us that he did not changed at all.

6 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

He almost seems like a gangster to me, maybe he was involved in some kind of drug related case and ended up serving 30 years in prison. But I really don't lik

He has his henchmen beat up NR so he is still a Godfather kind of. Small time. 

6 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

that emotional scenes with his BCW doesn't redeem him from the wrong doings he has done towards the

The writer has streaks of conflicting behaviours in his characters. 
PPH being proud and caring of his daughter but is a gangster. Though I think we will find the chairwoman did bad things to him rather than the other way. NR a conniving convicted fraud with real feelings  for BCW and SJ. JW begging for BCW to come home then rejecting her. A lot of that. 

This is one of the few kdrama shows that has a title that makes sense to me. :smiley:

edit:  S villa I mean

homemade love story .... maybe

Agree the title Homemade Love fits the plot so far.  It’s kinda nice how Sams Village brings everyone together and forms a bond of romantic love and also feelings of belonging.

Predicting NR is the one pulling back Seo A from hitting BCW. so his story isn’t over.  Suspect NR maybe is HS sister?  Just picking up clues in between the story line.  As he does have a desire for family and belonging. 
and the two of them such similar path of wanting acceptance and family kinda clicks.

as for Ms Kim,  kinda disappointed she didn’t approve of Jae Hee And BCW marriage.  I think it was selfish on her part. 

but one thing NR is definitely spot on correct about... there will be trials before BCW will experience happiness with JH.

that being said Will have to watch Seo A loose it in the next episode when she learned of the engagement.  What is her mental problem ?:idk:

SA was going to slap CW. She was really sassy at the beginning. Told her aunt to pay rent and was not very friendly to her. She told off her aunt to stop sponging on SJ after what she had to do to put the aunt through med school. Then  not long after they were all huggy. Writer please be consistent.

I feel if the BCW of the first few episodes were around, if SA made all those rude comments to her she would have returned it multifold.

Slap included.

edit: I hope it's not JH who grabbed the spiteful nutcase, he would not be brutal and she had been asking for that.

PPH would scare her witless, NR would humiliate by stopping the assault and her brother would cut her deep because she felt she is entitled to his protection.

edit: ok we now know it was NR who stopped the spiteful SA. Even a chat with James did not stopped her delusion that she had a chance with JH. Surprisingly, it was the sporting JH's mum that objected to the marriage. That's a new story line.

Whoa that SA is not only spiteful but also vicious. She wants to bankrupt JH so becomes his saviour with her mother's money? She has the gall to say to BCW that JW was her mother only not BCW's. 

JW has allowed to her to do what she wants all the while and she doesn't like it to not have JH.

SA is a selfish little spoiled girl, she says she loves JH but she wants to ruin him to make him her own, love is something else, letting those you love live happily. She also thinks that having kicked her bio daughter out of her house, her stepmother will erase her from her heart, a daughter found but that she too had always been present in that heart in the past she does not vanish. I hope NR doesn't end up with SA he needs a family that's the love that goes looking for a place he can call home to return to. However NR gets hurt too often, likely that he has a serious accident to save someone from the mansion?
Grandma is horrible what would be the best punishment for her?

2 hours ago, Naty828 said:

Lose the company or see it crashed and destroyed by SA whom she adores. Worse, watch BCW's company  grows explosively - where ever  she works.

I hope James will come to his son's rescue. He has not done much for either his wife or son. 

It's becoming too serious, not sure if I like it.

3 hours ago, Naty828 said:

SA is a selfish little spoiled girl, she says she loves JH but she wants to ruin him to make him her own, love is something else, letting those you love live happily. She also thinks that having kicked her bio daughter out of her house, her stepmother will erase her from her heart, a daughter found but that she too had always been present in that heart in the past she does not vanish. I hope NR doesn't end up with SA he needs a family that's the love that goes looking for a place he can call home to return to. However NR gets hurt too often, likely that he has a serious accident to save someone from the mansion?

Yup. When she was sitting on the sofa crying and JW goes and is hugging her and comforting her it irked me. She fed the beast. Comfort her if you must but also point out the fact that in all the years she's know JH he's never once treated as anything but a little sister. Highlight the ridiculousness of it all ask, well she'd have to soften it up for this pamper princess but I would blunt :naughty:. It's crazy the in the two dramas I'm watching has these delusional women claiming love but are choosing to damage the business of the folks they supposedly love and both have evil grannies willing to help SA here and Uhm PD in no matter what anyone says. Do people like this really exist? Man may our paths never cross! 

On 1/9/2021 at 8:32 AM, maribella said:

The girl is supposed to be strong, the head of her family for many years but JH and her family are trying to protect her from truths? Tell her, it would be more fun for us.

HAHAHA so true, like the one from I’m A Mother too, she got like 3 years sentence?? 

Honestly SA reminds me of Bora from No Matter What. They’re both pampered, spoiled brats, who lived a privileged life, and act like RickRoll'D towards those below them. They’re also extremely delusional and acts entitled regarding their crush. But the difference is that SA IS the villain here, not like that princess Bora who was set up as the fudging main lead. SA is imo doing a good job as an extremely unlikeable entitled brat throwing tantrum atm, she’s driving the story forward, while NR looks like he’s growing some conscience (hopefully).

But we still have a lot of episodes to go so if they’re pushing SA to double down and add to the pile of her nastiness, with so far no redeeming qualities (don’t say that she loves her mom, clearly she still went with her schemes even when she saw her mom distressed, this is the same case as with JH, she’s just selfish and wants to own them for herself without thinking about their feelings, when she cried, she cried for herself, thinking she’s the victim) If SA crosses that line, there’s no redeeming her. She doesn’t deserve a happy ending, and like I said, she never had a redeeming quality about her, so the viewers can’t sympathize with her, giving her forgiveness just gonna look dumb. I said before that SA would be better if she started out as the nice person, and I stood by that opinion of mine.

Archived