[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

On 12/23/2020 at 4:29 AM, Nodame said:

MJ getting a suitor in her son's sunbae/mentor is awesome.  I don't want JH's folks to get back together. I like they are apart and I hope she gets better. Also having a handsome interested younger man doesn't hurt. Also she was hurt that her hubby forget that stuffed animal was a present from him for FREE on her bday (he did not pay

I agree, it would boost her self confidence even if it does not have a happy ending. She has been abused psychologically even if James is his real self and not the uncaring miserable Scrooge who is feared and avoided by his employees. She could not even eat macaroons. The writer makes James into a sweet old man that we forget his alter ego is nasty to son, wife and workers.

Dr Auntie making Uncle sad and realizing what she DID. Good. She still did it after wanting to change it to tell her sis. And then her realizing NR she met in the prison facility (It was a matter of time). NR being sharp knew something amiss. Him helping SA to unhinge JH and make him jealous. NR not telling JH and CW that her birth dad is amongst their midst. 

It was obvious that the dad would change the pic of himself to someone else. His annoying laugh when he asks to meet up with JW and act like nothing happened to reclaim attention to CEO JW. Really now?

MJ was an indulged much younger sister, SJ treated her like a daughter, and she is still behaving like a big sister to the three kids. Good to see that she could see through  NR. Speaking of him and the unpleasant SA, I hope their conniving will backfire and the directors like CW enough to promote her to be a manager.

I have a soft spot for Mr.Park. He is so proud of his daughter.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The preview shows a nice change. SJ is the stronger one.

After accepting with difficulty that JW is her mother, BCW is now made unwanted and needs to be hidden from the company BOD.

I wonder if personal behaviour is that important in corporate Korea. There was the case of the KAL founder's family who berated a flight attendant over a packet of peanuts. Apparently, after making a big show of remorse and several announcements on her resignation, when the dust settled, she was back where she started or maybe even promoted now.

But it makes for many kdrama storylines, so it's a myth perhaps.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:27 AM, maribella said:

I didn't catch this part. Maybe she seduced him and got pregnant.  It seemed that MJ was always popping up when he wanted to be with SJ.

I think MJ is funny but when it's time to move on, do it. There would be lingering feelings for her husband and he her, but they are old enough and 30 years is a long time to try and make a marriage work. Enough.

Yes, she got pregnant, so he had to marry her.

Doesn't justify the way he treated her throughout the marriage, but I'm glad he's finally feeling bad about it.

And it is so hilarious to me how he has to wear that sweatshirt and continue to work at the jokbal restaurant in order to keep in touch with the James-side of his personality. And how Hwak-Sae calls him "Ims Hyeong" because "James" is too hard to say? :lol:

I'm glad the secret of how Bit-Chae-Woon ended up being raised by Soon-Jeong is revealed. What a relief. It was just the craziest secret, and I can't believe Evil Grandma actually expected Soon-Jeong to be quiet about it forever. Ridiculous.

I know that Naro is naughty and so is Pil-Hong, but the person who annoys me the most is Seo-A. She just has NO reason to be such a brat all the time. If she just kept her mouth shut and lived her life, she would be fine. And she gains nothing by being a whiny brat. But... haha, why am I expecting logic?

Anyway, it's a fun show. The Big Birth Secret was really ridiculous, but at least it's out in the open and people are dealing with it instead of being revealed in the penultimate episode.

It’s pretty obvious they’re setting up NR to be accepted by the villa residents at the end of the drama, but I just hope they don’t overdo his evil schemes, it will make it harder and more dumb when everyone forgives him and accepts him, unless he serves time, and goes back out as a fully redeemed man. OR he backs out of whatever schemes later on out of regret and guilt.

SA on the other hand... ho boy. @chickfactor said it best. SA is an entitled, selfish, pampered, privileged brat who had everything, and she was a RickRoll'D brat towards BCW for no reason. Now she had the karma card played on her she throws a tantrum like a brat, whining everything was stolen from her by BCW. Well, listen kid, not her fault the man you like likes this girl with an actual positive personality and actually likeable and a decent person, unlike the elitist, bully RickRoll'D person that you are

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Yes, she got pregnant, so he had to marry her.

Doesn't justify the way he treated her throughout the marriage, but I'm glad he's finally feeling bad about it.

absolutely not. He seemed miserable to his workers too. Who knows we will get a story later during the whitewashing time. Its quite clever making him amnesiac because otherwise such a sudden change of behaviour without a memory loss is hard to swallow.  I still feel though he should get back with SJ and MJ finds another life, with or without a man. Too much water under the bridge between him and MJ. They seem better being good friends.

NR is posed as a conniving, manipulative person but with a wistful longing for parents. That will most likely be wrung and squeezed to make sure viewers accept him.  I don't think I could get over him being a sly ferret. I like penguins.

It always takes me a bit to let go of a previous weekend family drama and get into the new family - but I liked the villa family from the start and was looking forward to their story - so, I am sorry, that, like daily melos, they are letting the jealous brat SA take over the plot....

There is such a contradiction about loving non-blood-families and 'evil' non-blood-children...a theme daily melos often use..it is disturbing and not very good drama...

Why does CW need to be hidden again? It would make for better and more interesting drama to have her out in the open...

I would like to know more about CEO bio-mom's relationship to CW's bio dad and SA's dad...

We are also missing out on more of SJ's life and why she adopted the others

I am enjoying the transformation of JH's abusive father who is finally getting in touch with his emotions- though his old behavior should not be seen as acceptable anywhere, it is still considered normal 'guy' behavior, sadly...I love MJ and can understand if they try to work things out ..though JH's colleague was mighty cute

NR will probably be related to one of the kids, like in other dramas and that will 'cure' him

I hope they will let CW and JH stay together and face the problems together,  the infuriating 'breakup/sacrifice' crud is so boringly overdone and shows Koreans as having no relationship stamina...

Another underlining prejudice in this drama is, although they show women in business at the helm, they make them either evil or stupid...but the world would be much better off with many more women - and there are plenty of talented, good women- at the helm in every industry

HI All.

Interesting this is my second weekend drama to follow in real time after ONCE AGAIN.

I like the two OTP characters. the FL is so cute and the actress has a beautiful EYE SMILE indeed that is so bright and gorgeous it lights up her face.

-Love line HD and SA brother (we saw a mile away) we are not seeing it yet for those two. But we know all SIGNS lead to them being together. She will get her CHAEBOL connection not her real parent but via her boyfriend. He likes her company but loves her skills. Interesting he was not liking her outfit suggestion for the gal going to the alumnae reunion event. HD was going for sexy and devil may care. No FEMININE good goody outfit. LOL. But even the bro had to admit the outfit looked good.

FINALLY the whole household knows the truth about RH not going to University. YES no more needing to drag it out (more than halfway over with this drama)

SJ knows now that JH dad has his memory back. She also knows how thoughtful JH was not telling her and she was not mad as she realized he wanted to be comfortable and awkward returning to visit their place without having to be change. As we can see even James/ JH dad realizes as well as everyone else he is two different personas one at work and one there as James. EVen JH was flabbergasted to learn that the old personality was his dad all along but he had to submerge /suppress that side of him. I mean he had loan sharks after him when he was younger.

MJ getting a suitor in her son's sunbae/mentor is awesome.  I don't want JH's folks to get back together. I like they are apart and I hope she gets better. Also having a handsome interested younger man doesn't hurt. Also she was hurt that her hubby forget that stuffed animal was a present from him for FREE on her bday (he did not pay for the coin) in the claw machine. Awww sad for her. He cares but he is just trying to wrestle with himself as well.

Glad that JH and JH dad are in on CEO JW mom harassing SJ and then at the end of ep 28 seeing SJ, CW at the house with JW to talk to JW's mom.

SA is a hot freaking miss and I have no sympathy. Her constant shrieking JH was stolen from her, JW her mom is stolen from her etc etc blah blah. Knowing that NR is not good for her and using him to get JH concerned (but not even a a woman) but as a concerned big bro. His parents knew the score and I was glad the dad said it to her grandmother by marriage JW's mom.  I mean MJ tolerated SA but she saw through her tricks too. Did she really love JH? More she loved the idea of him and he is handsome and happens to be her oppa's BFF? Hello to stick yourself to a man who constantly tells you time and time again no, have some self respect.

Dr Auntie making Uncle sad and realizing what she DID. Good. She still did it after wanting to change it to tell her sis. And then her realizing NR she met in the prison facility (It was a matter of time). NR being sharp knew something amiss. Him helping SA to unhinge JH and make him jealous. NR not telling JH and CW that her birth dad is amongst their midst. 

It was obvious that the dad would change the pic of himself to someone else. His annoying laugh when he asks to meet up with JW and act like nothing happened to reclaim attention to CEO JW. Really now?

Looking forward to next week for this drama.

Love your post :)

I am looking forward to seeing SA's brother grow up and become a man.  Now he is like a silly child, hiding from Mummy!  He told SA that Koala and her were never an item.  She got angry so then he called Koala to warn him not to upset his sister.  Don't like him.  He has no mind of his own and clearly no backbone ... YET!

Not sure how 'James' and MH ended up married to each other.  James said MH tricked him into marriage.  I didn't like the way she was treated but I don't feel that much pity for her.  If she really did something to force the marriage, karma paid her back 10x and counting.  But it's not just her.  Poor James and SJ  suffered too.  James cares for MH but clearly the one he loved and still holds in his heart is SJ.   I feel bad for MH.  But every time I see poor SJ and yes, the nasty side of James, I think MH got what she deserved.  She created that unhappiness for herself.  

There's also a lesson in here for the neurotic SA.  You can try to take what isn't yours but you won't be happy.  if it isn't yours, nothing you do will ever make it yours.  

I don't think JH was jealous that NR was with SA.  Think it was more concern on his part.  He thinks of SA as a little sister and he knows that NR is not a good person.  Hence his concern that SA keeps NR so close to her.  that is also CW's concern. 

So the writer will put SA and NR together.  two negatives to cancel each other out?  :)  

16 hours ago, Gaia2u said:

NR will probably be related to one of the kids, like in other dramas and that will 'cure' him

I'd like to think everyone deserves a second chance, but it does not have to be bubbly HD or baby RH. He deserves SA, a devious heart and mind to heal together.

Korean culture seems very focused on forgiveness. Not being forgiven is almost a curse - anyway as in Kdramas.  I see even the grandmother being forgiven at the end. This is a feel good show, but I like all the fluff and light scenes. Secrets are revealed after a few episodes.

@O Thanks for your kind note.

I agree with you. MJ is not 100% innocent but she paid her dues with her ex hubby. All deserve to be happier and free and have healthier relationships. I concur that JH is more brother like with SA ( I mean she is his BFF lil sis--if he was interested he could have dated her but he opted not to as he did not reciprocate her feelings).  So he is NOT jealous of NR with SA but knowing she is with a guy with a dicey past makes him worry.

We are guessing that James and MJ got married due to her getting pregnant (is our guess). For one, he is not the IDEAL candidate for marriage of a coddled rich young princess. He was poor and he liked SJ who was similar to him in background. But MJ got her way and I am sure disapproval from her family. So she dealt and suffered under James'  family and Mother in Law and what not. But she did it out of love and liking James. 

CW and JH --I love their relationship. I am glad they are both talking and there for each other. After the big talk of SJ and CW with her CEO JW mom confronting her bio maternal grandmother---bravo. I am glad SJ told James too.  There might be REKINDLING. I mean SJ did say --you were always one who looked after me (to herself about James). 

HD with SA brother, she easily gave up being a trainee (though she THOUGHT she wanted it) her enthusiasm to run to SA dad and JH BFF to help him style the client. CW unni was right that no matter what it is go with what makes your heart sign and you are excited. SA brother pretending to not want to hold her back and her doing mildang (push and pull) sitting on the chair not LEAVING immediately.  I liked she told the young woman to improve her confidence. To dress shabby and her EX still wanted her was due to her as a person not only just her looks. He probably is groveling due to he lost a good person and is regretting big time.

Loved how Dr Aunt handled NR and she is astute. Uncle is too trusting and I agree NR cried but I too could not 100% feel that much pity. As someone said before, they are building it that he will be still with the Villa people. In the end, I did not get why he had to be so rude to CW.  But that is his role to grasp at straws and get something from all the hard work and inroads he worked hard to get and if he lost it all after CW started being with JH, he needs SA.

James needing the cute sweatshirt to maintain the James persona at work , LOL cute. But being nice and warm fuzzy doesn't always translate well at work. I hope he finds his happy medium. Funny how he likes himself as James to want to work at the Trotters place part time to alleviate his loneliness. Old habits die hard, he is MEAN to MJ and snarky. Fibbed he sent to dry cleaners her comfort stuffed animal when he hand washed it.

Glad JW knows about SJ (I know she figured it was big glaring loop holes she is not aware of the situation but then makes it MORE known how abandoned CW/SY was. Glad she has SJ as her adoptive mom. Though she yearned her bio mom she did love her adoptive family too. 

CW bio dad is RIGH by them. Interesting NR did not let the cat out of the bag. Then again he knows that he could do something to him.  Bio dad trying to get back to JW and seriously CW only knows him as the nice guy that works with JH making hand drip coffee. LOL. 

Looking forward to next week....

Some clips posted

The real truth is now out to all about Seo Yeon/ Chae Won (ep 29-30)

OST song (not sure if posted already) 

OOPS I realized I did not watch ep 30 until last night. So the prior post was just on ep 29.

-I liked that James despite getting his memory back and RH, HD and Uncle now know he has his memory back. Cute how James wants to hold on being treated the same as James when Uncle sees his great home. I liked how he cares for Uncle and Uncle cooked for him. He got him food and saw his empty fridge. He may be wealthy right now he is lonely and his warm friendship and company were appreciated. The fact James fibbed that JH is independent that is why he left home. Yes it is part of the reason but not the whole picture.

-Doctor Aunt being sad about Uncle. Well those two need to talk alot. Uncle is hurt and Aunt is hurt he left without saying anything going to James place. Well I am sure they will talk and reconcile. I liked that James gave Uncle courage saying SJ as her unni is kind and understanding.

-MJ stealing/taking the bible that her ex hubby gave SJ (I did not get that plot line at all) Other than jealousy but really she had to do petty theft. She just could have shoved it back under the small table not stuff it into her expensive bag

-SA and NR sending those pics of JH and CW and saying she is the BIO daughter to the other Board Members of CEO JW firm. Seriously? Interesting JH's dad heard about it. I guess he is a board member? I am glad that JH found out to be there for CW. 

-CW having to deal with the petty SA pretending to be kind. UGGGH. I don't get her saying she is NOT the bio daughter. Yeah technically she is NOT legally. It is interesting in the preview that SJ wants her to be the LEGAL daughter for JW family register. (Go SJ standing up for CW and her mom. She is getting confidence and much needed strength.)  I agree with RH and HD who were like--she is being NICE to us? Yup People do not change overnight. She is just too much. Then when CW was saying to JH , they are innocent in this situation and are hiding to avoid the board members when they came as guests to have dinner with CEO JW at her home. UGGGH.

-NR had a smidgeon of guilt when he looked at CW at work while sending the emails but since she is standing in his way, he warned her he would ignore her as she IS continuing to be in the way.

-CW bio dad hanging out with our OTP. He is not entirely evil. But JW mom did not like cause he is evil? I mean ok he is not rich and well connected like SA dad. But What did he do to get the JW's mom dislike other than being poor ?  He has SOME redeeming points and I wonder if the grandmother framed the dad for the kidnapping and death of SY. Ergo him serving time for SY even though she is alive and well with SJ?  He is handy with his hands and made the teddy bear and even repaired it. He makes hand dripped coffee. He has a soft spot for his daughter (of course) even if he hasn't seen her in YEARS in the flesh. She is still his flesh and blood. The fact he tried to get NR away from her. He is working to be close to her so when she realizes she LIKES her dad (it is too late to dislike him much). Or will the betrayal of his hiding his identity to her hurt her more? I like that NR warned him he is acting overboard and adding suspicion from our OTP. Sure enough. they BOTH saw NR looking at CW bio dad . There is SOMETHING there but they just don't know what it is.

HD and SA brother and him getting so drunk he needed to stay at JH's room. LOL. HD happy to have the job. Everyone knows about SA's bro is JH's pal but he asks James to not tell him who he is. I love how JH found out they did not know RD, HD and Uncle that he is SA's real oppa. OMG that is true knowing how they dislike SA based on her behavior to CW their precious person. Of course that would automatically make them not have good feelings to him. So true.

Looking forward to this weekend.

All have a Happy New Year and may 2021 be safe and happier and healthier. This past year has been a trial but thanks to Soompi Forums it has kept me sane!

Poor BCW/SY the bunch of people headed by SA's uncle made an unannounced meeting with JW, of course leaked Sly ferret that JW has a secret daughter. It also coincided or maybe was planned by SA with SJ & family dining at JW's. To sum it, BCW claimed that she was just SA's friend and JW later also told SA's uncle et al that BCW was not her daughter and clearly overheard by SJ & family, who were hiding from the bunch - not sure why. JH got a hunch that his new worker was PPH and tricked him to reveal himself... continuing tomorrow.

edit: Just watched it with the subtitles. The sly ferret and cunning fox SA have finally succeeded in putting a wedge between BCW and JW.  PPH's identity is known to JH.

I think we will see BCW doing a  noble idiocy thing because she does not want to be a burden to JW. But hopefully not that exasperating for us viewers. I am banking on PPH to break Sly ferret NR's legs or at least rough him up. In the preview, the old woman has made him her personal assist.

Uuurgh right I I no longer give a stuff about NR's backstory he's reached the point of no redemption but we all know they'll be kumbayaing at the end. How old was SA when JW became her stepmum? How did they raise such and awful human being? Sorry to say but the chickens are coming home to roost for JW she help create that monster. 

Looks like crim pops is gonna have to maybe team up with JW and protect their daughter, they both need to finally step up. But no that'll probably no happen...he'll probably use trying to protect BCW to try get into JW graces and get money. Thank heaven's she has SJ and her Villa family they will always fight for her. The bios are useless.

So so sweet, they are exchanging rings in this episode!

JH is just the perfect BF. He loves her despite knowing her father is a convicted criminal. Kdramas have made stories out of even less 'imperfection'. He is always there for her... oh oh do they make them that way in Korea? :dorakiss: SA is going to remain an old maid or end up with jailbird NR. Why can't they cast a better looking actor? so watching him do bad things would not be so bad on the eye.

Let's hope PPH will not do anything to hurt SY/BCW. Maybe move to Busan or further.

The preview shows a smirking SA when she runs into BCW whom she has finally succeeded in removing from the house. I want her thoroughly humiliated and going crazy when BCW shows off her engagement ring.

Oops PPH has roughed up NR, he should control his temper.

SJ is shocked when JW told her that she cannot acknowledged BCW and asked her to take BCW home. She is going to be so sorry when she is invited to BCW-JH's wedding as a guest.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

The preview shows a smirking SA when she runs into BCW whom she has finally succeeded in removing from the house. I want her thoroughly humiliated and going crazy when BCW shows off her engagement ring.

Oops PPH has roughed up NR, he should control his temper.

SJ is shocked when JW told her that she cannot acknowledged BCW and asked her to take BCW home. She is going to be so sorry when she is invited to BCW-JH's wedding as a guest.

Mate I was thinking the same.... Roll on next week! Can't wait for her eyes to clock the ring. 

17 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Mate I was thinking the same.... Roll on next week! Can't wait for her eyes to clock the ring. 

it should be in the office in front of many employees :lol:

Don't you wonder why JW has not figured out that she is behind it? After all it's her uncle who got the emails.

Sooo, pannchoa just translated a post about James-ssi. He used to be so handsome, I was shocked. 

https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2021/01/theqoo-actor-who-wouldve-been-legendary.html?m=1

Watching this drama has been very enjoyable every weekend.   Just started to feel tense for BCW. And needed to get this off my chest here in Soompi:grin:  

A bit worried JH might be making the wrong move not telling BCW about PPH.  He has tell her ASAP or his proposal  is screwed.  It’s nice that he immediately thinks the best way to give BCW sense of belongings and having a place with no doubt is with him. However the first thing I was thinking, where will they live!?  He is still boarding in. That tiny room. :joy:

Guess it’s safe assume if they marry they will still live at SVillage As that is where all the action is. 

It’s a very sad prediction of seeing BCW marry with her bio mom looking 

on from the back, with no way to acknowledge her daughter.

I conclude having a wedding bringing everyone together, is pinpoint highlight of the story.  It may be disaster or it may be peaceful. 
just expecting a crash because there is about 67 episodes left? 

just thinking about it makes me itch for previews.

Archived