[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I loved that once Min-Jae found out bad things happened to Jae-Hee, it took her about two minutes before she asked if Seo-Ah is the one to blame. HAHAHA, no one has a good opinion about Seo-Ah.

At least here she’s actually called out for her nastiness by the supporting cast members, usually it takes at least a hundred episodes for the nasty to be called out and their evil be discovered by the sub cast members LOL SA deserved that, at least MJ definitely won’t ever accept SA as a DIL, she’ll never be able with her dearest JH oppa uwu so sad

over it dancing GIF by Josie Dunne

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2021 at 7:41 PM, Mocharel said:

Honestly yeah I’m in the same “used to like JW but now she ticks me off” boat too. I know she’s not technically a bad person but damn she’s all over the place. She’s strict but she’s not (apparently regarding SA and her bratty bitchiness), she loves her bio daughter but she doesn’t love her enough, she’s warm and kind but she’s also selfish. Maam, you’ve been separated from your daughter for decades, if anyone should make the effort, shouldn’t it be yo

Currently on Epsd 68 of this drama .Kind of agreed with this ,Jung Won is the most selfish character in this drama & SA become such a spoilt brat because of her .

On 1/25/2021 at 1:06 AM, maribella said:

The best thing about this show is it does not get stuck at a secret for dozens of episode or belabour a story line that it feels unending. The shady deal that SA and her grandmother pulled on JH is going to be resolved next weekend from the preview. NR loves SA. He is a conman and she is spoilt and vicious, and she deserves to be conned. We now have BCW and JH, uncle and auntie,  and Hae Den and JA to get back together. Maybe MJ and James will get back together too. That should cover 5-6 weekends. Then the grand finale will see BCW become Kim BCW or Park BCW?

Sorry, i don't think that NR really loves SA, it's just some complex feelings

On 1/28/2021 at 10:58 AM, GingerK said:

@maribellaI think the little girl was Bit Chae Won

That would make more sense but SJ's makeup and hair were a girly look, that's why I thought that was MJ. 
Oh well it shouldn't affect the storyline , I hope.

@chickfactor @marrez1  

Well if he is not in love with her then it has to be a scam. The way his interactions with BCW were made seems like he still had strong feelings for her.  

@maribella, somehow I don't think NR loves anyone.  He imagined himself in love with BCW even before he knew her.  He thought of her as his passport to wealth and having a family.  I guess it is supposed to pull the heart strings but his character annoys me no end.  I sincerely hope that some clever scheme that he sold SA will backfire big time and hurt granny dearest.  Let both of them feel granny's wrath! 

3 hours ago, O said:

strings but his character annoys me no end.  I sincerely hope that some clever scheme that he sold SA will backfire big time and hurt granny dearest.  Let both of them feel granny's wrath! 

absolutely love this. Great idea. Let's hope this writer believes in punishment to fit the crime. But since it is a family show, he will be redeemed, maybe in prison but they will try to whitewash everyone, especially the spiteful miss.

BCW needs to get out of LX and away from her bio family, SA and NR. They are all selfish and deceitful people.

Hoping this stupid contract story line resolves soon and JH and BCW are reunited.  The best revenge on that family is

for JH and BCW back together and happy.  This show is best when everyone is back together at the villa minus NR.

Not a fan of how they have the actor that play SA brother deliver his lines. He sounds nervous and it's distracting in every scene he's in.

The latest episode EP 39 is too unwatchable for me and I am already getting close to dropping this. I did abuse the fast forward button far too much this time. 

Why didn't anyone reprimand Seo Ah heavily for everything that she did? She is constantly painting Bit Chae Woon as a problematic person but nobody said anything. And that scene where she runs out her mouth saying Hae Deun got the job because of Bit Chae Woon in front of her older brother and saying that everyone is sucking off her family now. Jun Ah already told her that that is his company, and he got the offer to join the company and she still blame Hae Deun for sucking off her family? She is power tripping everywhere and NOBODY said anything. If the reason why people keeping quiet about all her problematic behaviors due to her anxiety, that really paint mental health negatively and I really hate watching it. Having anxiety doesn't pardon her from all her problematic behavior. Right now I just want everything that she did to Bit Cha Woon from when she accused Bit Chae Woon for bullying her in high school, accusing her for plagiarism and stripped her off from winning the competition and to orchestrating everything to paint Bit Chae Woon as an incompetent employee be known to everyone in the company. She is power tripping far too much that I want everything to get exposed. 

I love watching Jung Min Jae's growth throughout this story but I really can't help being disappointed with her. She met Seo Ah wanting to know if Seo Ah is the one who hijack the contract but coming out not wanting Bit Chae Woon as her daughter-in-law because of Park Pil Hong and having two moms? First of all, she knows very well how cunning Seo Ah is, but in that scene, she just ate up Seo Ah explanation that doesn't even made any sense? First of all, Seo Ah said that Pil Hong is really happy with Bit Chae Woon dating Jae Hee and Jae Hee got his own business on top having a rich parents, why does he need to intercept the contract knowing that it will destroy Jae Hee's business? That is a really big contract and he really do not have any motive to intercept Jae Hee from getting that contract. That logic that Seo Ah threw off is thoroughly nonsensical. I just hope that Min Jae will not go into the route of opposing Jae Hee and Bit Chae Woon because I will hate her character if she ever goes that route. 

Hwang Na Ro is too complex of a character for me and I can never form an opinion about him. I feel like his background story is too lacking for me to form a solid opinion about him. The only thing I can say is that he is a guy who is willing to do anything just to be accepted. He is capable to be good or bad depends on his surrounding and right now he is latching onto Seo Ah because Seo Ah is the only one who accepted him despite fully knowing his background. He might be good if Bit Chae Woon and Jae Hee stops rejecting him and give him assurance that they will help him if anything happen but since it didn't happen, he just went astray and find someone else. This might be unpopular opinion, but I never see him as annoying but rather a really pitiful character who is lost and just want to be accepted. 

NR is not in love with SA, looking for someone who loves them who cares about him and a lonely person, so I think he does not trust others, the ending will put him with the family of the BCW's house. SA is angry so she hurts everyone, she doesn't understand that she is acting like a capricious child without judgment, which her purpose of her to take revenge because she felt hurt so all the people you hold responsible for this must be miserable forever . I would question her work skills, it is necessary to know how to deal with employees and collaborators in a positive way, not with arrogance and haughtiness, do you think that being the boss's daughter will protect her from losing her position in the company? I hope she does some corporate trouble her family needs it.

So Granny & SA have no courage! They dare to do harm to JH’s business but no courage to admit it. Never mind the truth will be out.

@kdramagrandma, BCW & JH made many overtures to NR. But his demand was that BCW chose him over JH. SA only accepted him because she needs him to do her bidding. He promised her that he will remove BCW from her life. “he is capable to be good or bad depends on his surrounding ...” in other words, his conscience is not developed. He is like a leaf swaying in the wind. 

I get the impression that SA thinks the company belongs to her and perhaps her father's because he helped JW according to the old woman.

Just a few weeks ago when she wanted BCW out of the house, she did say to JW to move if she did not like it or did not do something. I was 'what?'.

But JW just looked at her instead of exploding. I thought perhaps the subtitles were wrong.

@fanofr For me, NR has a deep trust issue with people. Even though BCW and JH tried to talk to him, they also made it very clear that they want NR to leave them and their family alone. It is the same with MJ and HS. When MJ remembered seeing him at the prison, she wanted NR to move out too because they are feeling insecure around him despite NR never did anything to them. I am not blaming anyone for behaving that way because it is just natural especially when they know nothing about his past. However, from his perspective, it is hurting him and he finally leave because he doesn't want SJ to know about his prior and hate him too when she is the only one left treating him nice and kindly. 

But for NR who wants to be accepted, he learned that if he doesn't has something on people, he will never be accepted anywhere. He made attempt to tell BCW and JH about Park Pil Hong working with JH but when he saw that both of them treat him with contempt, he stopped himself because why bother. They already formed an opinion about him, so why he want to do good for them anyway. Whatever he do, nobody going to believe him or give him the benefit of doubt either. Yes he is to be blamed for giving them the reason to, but as a viewer, that is also why I can't form a solid opinion about him and I feel like he severely lack of background story that can made me understand why is he doing what he is doing. For Seo Ah, it is easy for me to hate her because she literally got everything to back her up if anything went wrong but NR has no backup at all. He got the job at LX based on his own capabilities but he knows that everyone wants him to leave even if he is good with his job. That is why he is willing to do the dirty jobs for Seo Ah, because Seo Ah can never throw him away if they do not want to get exposed. He wants a place he can settle down without anyone threatening him to leave once they know about his prior.  

Ooofh. English is hard and I am afraid that I am not being coherent in typing my opinion about NR. I can only say that he is too complex for me and rather that an absolute annoying character that I do not want to watch, he is just too pitiful because he always made the wrong choices and his background conditioned him to keep making those choices. 

@kdramagrandma I guess we have to disagree about NR. My recollections & interpretations are different.

when MJ recalled NR had been in prison, she told Hawkse that NR trusted the wrong people & was swindled. That was how he ended up in jail. Both of them thought he had a bad break. MJ turned on him when she found out he approached BCW deliberately because he knew who her parents were.  From Hawkse’s reactions, he still thinks kindly of him.

For BCW, she was angry when she found out he approached her deliberately. She said he set up everything & there was no sincerity in his words or actions. JH said he would help him on condition he leaves BCW alone & not harm him. If they had really wanted him gone, they would have outed him. When he left home sneaking away like a coward, BCW said his leaving hurt her Mom. 

he did not tell them about Park Pilhong out of the kindness of his heart. He & SR needed PPH out of the scene.

so I guess we have to disagree about this character.

Yes, the actor who plays Joon-Ah has a very specific way of speaking. It seems to be a very specific thing that this actor does, because he did the same thing in "Chief Kim" years ago. I think he's funny, but it's sort of hard to describe what he's doing.

It's like when he kissed Hae-Deun, he acted like he was going to, then he acted like he wasn't, and then he grabs her and kisses her... that's the rhythm of the way he speaks.

I think he returned from the army recently.

Nothing else to add except that everyone knows Soo-Ah is probably scheming stuff, and no one is calling her out because everyone knows she's going to throw a fit and they don't want to deal with it. It's not even worth calling her out because it's not like she's going to listen or learn anything. Everyone's already given up on her becoming a halfway decent person, so why bother? That's the vibe I'm getting.

So that guy who's sort of flirting with Min-Jae, I can't believe he leaves his young son alone so much. Yes, I realize he is a plot device but still.

It's hard for me to see NR as more than a con artist. He was not born one but he had planned on a con act while still in prison, showing that prison time had not taught him anything.  He told someone of how he was caught for fraud when someone he trusted had deliberately got him embroiled in it. I thought it was PPH. If he had approached BCW for revenge, I would forgive him but just to get on the gravy train, that is not ok.

Now he needs her money to pay his blackmailer, he is moving fast, asking her to marry him. Maybe I will forgive him, SA is going down. :smile:

Archived