[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라! - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Woo Jung Hoo, who goes from a frugal and preachy man to a caring dad and husband. “I had fun and was happy to depict various personalities with one character. While working on this project, I clearly felt that men must change to adapt to the times. That’s how we’ll be more happy,” he shared.

Yes, men will never become “real men” until they do change and know that the heart is the muscle they need to flex the most... so it was wonderful to see the three men who needed to change the most: Moongi & Koala’s dads & NaRo make that journey... Both actors who played Park Pil Hong & Woo Jung Hoo, brought the change with humor and a twinkle in the eye, these have been the roles that I have liked them in the most...PPH’s crying fits were delightfully hysterical.  One could believe that discovering his love for his daughter could really pierce his ConMan armor. 
I really appreciated also that although there were difficult times between the women, they were shown to work through those difficulties- especially the three moms-instead of becoming the screaming Mimi‘s ( or staying screaming) that so many other dramas make women out to be.

Every drama of 50 episodes is going to have weak points and some unfinished business, (we have one episode to go) but this was really a series that fit the need for warmth, comfort, tenderness - with healthy dashes of conflict to resolve and humor to heal them with, in these trying times...

The cast, veteran and newbies, really brought layers to their characters and let them grow before our eyes... kudos to the writer, director and the crew. I know what it’s like working on a set in these times - it’s more  trying than usual and one can only get through with caring teamwork... much gratitude for all their hard work!

As much as I look forward to the last episode, I will miss Samkwang Villa and it’s residents...

Well, I just watched the live stream episode & I really love it after all! Everyone is so happy & safe at the end. I am gonna miss this drama so much. :heart: Thank you KBS for giving us such a wonderful ride!

157318471_1685745588280553_2319270648754

157734694_550390169271334_73349692542666

156995381_431600781500676_48821356833432

Cr. jinkyung_actress instagram

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

I just finished the last episode.

I am so glad SA apologized to CW!

Aww Ra Hoon Ho scenes with his biological mom aww. (Aww their hug/giving her flowers, so sweet)

I am so happy that CW and her did are finally talking *She is giving him a chance*. Aww Koala's Mom and dad got back together yay??.

Yes finally they are letting DH and JA be together yay.

OMG what, Koala's Dad bought SV, he wants SJ to be co-owner aww awesome news.

OMG Koala's Dad asks JM to marry again (She says yes), they start over aww cute.

Okay I cried when Ra Hoon was leaving for his MS and saying goodbye, he knows his biological mom was there to

OMG Yes JH and CW will have a baby finally. Oh wow DH looks so pretty in her wedding dress and JA looks very handsome. Aww JH and CW had a little boy so sweet. Oh wow nice the aunt and uncle are having twins. Ra Hoon is back. Na-Ro is ouside of SV and hears everyone a flower lands in his hand.

Loved this drama so much :wub:, I will miss it:tears:!

SA’s “apology” to BCW feels so forced, it felt like it was like pulling a bunny out of a hat, it came out of nowhere. Even so I’m so glad to see PPH finally getting his second chance! I’m happy for this man, he deserved his redemption, unlike some kdrama characters.

NR too, I was kinda touched seeing how he came to SJ, I feel like if only he was like Hwakse and met SJ sooner he could’ve ended up as a better person. It’s kind of tragic imo because he could’ve found a mother in SJ. It would’ve been kinda funny if he turned out a mama’s boy and extremely protective of SJ in a funny way. 

It was a awesome grand finale episode to witness the happiness, togetherness, repentance & forgiveness of each of the characters in this drama. Although, I’m still a bit sour about how easily the writers made Seo-Ah forgiveness be accepted as to me that was the only let down in this drama. I really pitied Na-ro in the end, at least he paid his dues for his bad deeds. It would have been nice to see him get forgiveness from everyone & be included in the final Samgwang Villa pic rather than being on the outside/sideline listening in.

It was great to see Chae-Won & Jae-Hee with a baby, Hae-Deun & Joon-A preparing for their wedding, Jung-Hoo & Min-Jae back together, Man-Jung & Hwak-Se married & expecting twins & Ra-Hoon back from his military duties and still together with Ba-Reun.

I was pleased that it was Jung-Hoo who really bought Samgwang Villa & gave Soon-Jung part ownership (for having such a kind heart she really deserved it). Also, it was a nice lesson on redemption where Park Pil-Hong was forgiven, accepted by everyone & allowed to stay at the villa.

Overall, it turned out to be a refreshing drama, glad I decided to watch ..... no regrets here.

@Shari agreed, the only negative from the ending that I can think of is just SA, I feel like she still deserved worse and they didn’t even properly build up her redemption, her apology sounded fake and so last minute. I felt more sympathy for NR, at least his remorse and his decision to turn good was more built up.

Even so, it’s been a good ride, I liked JH’s parents even tho i was kinda thinking JH’s dad would end up with SJ, it would’ve made for a comedic moment where JH and BCW looked at each other awkwardly as their parents were getting kissy kissy. This drama still lost to Once Again for me but it’s still a pretty good journey, see you guys again, cheers!

It was a cute, heartwarming drama. However, in my opinion, the energy from the cast made it worthwhile. The story, on the other hand, was just bonkers.

1. I never really understood the central "original sin." There are so many weekend K-dramas that do the "rich girl raised by a poor family" trope, and in my opinion, this was the sloppiest one I have seen. The grandma made their maid raise the baby and told her daughter that the baby is dead. And she does this horrible thing to her own daughter and granddaughter... why? And the maid agrees to this... why?

And when the truth is revealed, everyone just shrugs and moves on. Huh?

2. Also, when the real mother finds her child, she refuses to reveal the truth to others... because of her CEO job? But she eventually does tell the truth, and nothing happens. So why all those weeks of angst?

3. Why does Sun-Jeong pick up some homeless guy on the street to bring home? (Hwak-sae) And then she even brings home James, when he was a stranger? Okay, so she's a wonderful person, and they turned out to be good people. But it's just not smart to pick up homeless men and bring them home to live with you when you don't know them. When she is a single mom raising three kids? Come on.

4. Seo-Ah. Her entire existence is a giant WHY? She's a terrible person, throws fits every day, and everyone coddles her and she suffers zero consequences.

Anyway, asking all these questions will give me a headache, so I just didn't. It was a pleasant weekend drama with zero actual angst because you know it's all going to work out by the finale. The lead characters will fall in love, everyone will become happy, and someone will buy Samgwang Villa because it's such a magical place! But I think we can agree that the story did not make any sense.

I'm glad Ra-Hun's story had some payoff. They kept trying to make storylines happen for him, but they all fell so flat, didn't they? He's a fake college student. (boring) His girlfriend lied about being a boy to live with him. (psychotic, but supposedly cute) His feet smell so his mom tells him to wash it all the time. (get medical treatment from your Doctor Aunt, please) He wants to own a food truck but he almost gets scammed. (okay) But finally he made his impact when his real mom comes looking for him. (awww, that was sweet)

I like this actor (he was in 18 Again!) so I'm glad he got some good moments in the end. But his storylines just didn't work until you brought out the classic tearjerker. But you really get this feeling that the writer just didn't think things through. Everything felt facile, and nothing felt consequential. I know weekend family dramas are not supposed to be deep and thought-provoking, but this one really felt sillier than most.

I don't want to criticize this show. I liked it enough to watch all of it. There were some funny moments, and I really like all the actors. It was moving when everyone was in the yard taking pictures, and those CGI flower petals were blowing and you saw Naro around the corner, looking at the petals wistfully. Out of jail and ready to join the gang again, the only family he's ever had. He really had the most compelling storyline, in the end. Ah, the weekend family drama.

Oh, by the way, the actor who played Joon-Ah was just accused of school violence. Well, I guess he can't be removed from the cast now that the show is over. -_-

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202103056686H (Korean)

*sigh* All these school violence stories are really making me sad.

What is the next drama after this show? 
I want to watch it. I hope it's the same warm family show, good pace too.

edit: If you are slow like me, the replacement is Revolutionary Sisters. It has nothing to do with revolution. Though they are sisters.

@chickfactoryou may not get to read this!  The final ep hasn't been shown in my country yet so am way behind.

I agree with your post.  For some time now, i have been irritated with BCW.  So quick to forgive her Grandma and Mom but so slow to forgive her Dad. I thought that he showed the most genuine remorse than the two women.  And the Mom - I disliked her from the moment she would not acknowledged BCW as her daughter, just to keep her job.  Yet everyone acts like she is the untouchable Queen!

Why did the writer bring up the incident that happened 12 years ago when the actor who played Jun Ah was presumably underaged?  Sounds like it was revenge.  Unless he is still going around bullying people?   I don't see the value in making known the bad things they did when they were schoolkids.  Doubt it will deter any current or future person from bullying someone.  Need to find other ways to educate and teach the young.   But looking at other shows on kdrama esp chaebol families (and yah real life stories like the Korean-air REALLY nuts woman) - it seems like bullying is not just in the school yard.   

16 hours ago, singaporegirl said:

How is joon ah related to Seo Ah & Chaewon. I watch the drama almost late episodes . & hapen to know that Joon Ah is the eldest since Chaewon call her oppa. & Seo Ah is the maknae?. They related by biological mother but of different fathers?

•  
  • Chaewoon is SY's biological daughter.  Her only biological child.

JA and SA are SY's step-children.  She was married to their father.  

"singaporegirl" reminds me of Singapore Airlines :)  You're a great way to fly! 

Archived