[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope BCW has some kind of a mother daughter relationship at the end. I have watched 2-3 shows where the bio daughter was lost and a girl was adopted in her place. In some chef show, the birth daughter FL had the mother's talent for cooking but was brought up by poor parents who could not give her an education, so competed with the adopted girl. At the end, the mother was 'I can't live  without you' to the adoptee!! She almost went crazy when her daughter disappeared. The other one was a tv announcer who lost her daughter and replaced by another girl who became a spoilt rich girl and mother chose her too. 
The most obnoxious mother was in Tears of heaven. The mother abandoned her birth daughter for fame and fortune, rejected her when the daughter found her, then chased her away at the end. I want to watch that show but no subs.

The writer may be perverse enough to disappoint us and make her reject BCW. Maybe that nasty little miss threatens suicide?

8 hours ago, maribella said:

I hope BCW has some kind of a mother daughter relationship at the end. I have watched 2-3 shows where the bio daughter was lost and a girl was adopted in her place. In some chef show, the birth daughter FL had the mother's talent for cooking but was brought up by poor parents who could not give her an education, so competed with the adopted girl. At the end, the mother was 'I can't live  without you' to the adoptee!! She almost went crazy when her daughter disappeared. The other one was a tv announcer who lost her daughter and replaced by another girl who became a spoilt rich girl and mother chose her too. 
The most obnoxious mother was in Tears of heaven. The mother abandoned her birth daughter for fame and fortune, rejected her when the daughter found her, then chased her away at the end. I want to watch that show but no subs.

The writer may be perverse enough to disappoint us and make her reject BCW. Maybe that nasty little miss threatens suicide?

In today's episode preview - ep 18 - I think BCW is rejecting her mother.  I don't think the mother might reject her daughter and she might want to accept both of them.  I thought SoA was the daughter of the guy in Prison.  There is still something left out (story) as to why the JW mother did not want her daughter to raise BCW.  We know that the man in the prison is BCW's father.  Maybe he was a gangster, but still the grandmother should not have been so .  Since SJ did not tell JW about her mother's involvement in this, that would be another secret still under the hood.  

Hopefully the writer will unite the two families and not drive a wedge between the mother, bio mother and daughter and adopted daughter and adopted son.   

Today's episode was interesting.  I did not get all the conversation, but everyone knows that BCW is JW daughter.  

Also, sly penguin is doing so well circling around the fish to eat (BCW).  Without even knowing I think JW will put BCW (her daughter ) in harm's way, trusting this sly fox, and the bio father of BCW and Koala will rescue her.  

Enjoy today's episode and let's meet tomorrow for ep 18.  

Conversation with the bio grandmother.

So I watched the episode. Though we don't have the full story yet, we now know Lee Soon Jung was basically an unwitting accomplice, with Chae Won's father initially and her maternal grandmother afterwards as the actual schemers to separate her from her biological mother.  Chae Won may be happier not knowing the truth of her family history. Soon Jung is trying to reunite the mother and daughter while covering up what really happened by taking all the blame.

15 minutes ago, zoks said:

So I watched the episode. Though we don't have the full story yet, we now know Lee Soon Jung was basically an unwitting accomplice, with Chae Won's father initially and her maternal grandmother afterwards as the actual schemers to separate her from her biological mother.  Chae Won may be happier not knowing the truth of her family history. Soon Jung is trying to reunite the mother and daughter while covering up what really happened by taking all the blame.

I think it will back fire and she will hate her father very much once she gets to know that he was the one to separate her from her mother.  I think it would be better for SJ to tell BCW about her father too.  I am sure he will get chummy with BCW since it is all about the inheritance.  

BCW is much better off with SJ than growing up with her real family.  Other than JW, I did not like the grandma or the dad. Both have their own agenda.  

She will hate the grandmother too since she did not come back and get her after coming back from the states.  Both JW and BCW will kick prison dad and snotty grandma to the curb.  

Ok so I've finally caught up with last few episodes. Wow the revalations! The best off course being the lovely confession, glad it's not some prolonged pinning nonsense and they be both been honest about their feelings and sealed it with a kiss (SA about to go bat sit crazy when she find out :happy2:).

As to the birth secret, it's interesting that it's out so early. BCW won't be interested in none of that inheritance, riches nonsense but between her jealous step sister, wicked dad and evil grandmother she'll no doubt get drawn into that world most like because she feel she has no choice and wants to protect what's precious to her.

Still more to be revealed so let's have a crack at guessing.... Prison pops is no doubt some lowlife chancer who managed to sweet talk JW into believing she's met the love of her life. She was his mark from the get go. Heartless grandma knew he was a chancer but JW still go hitched (anchor baby maybe??). Prisoner dad was probably pissing away money left right and centre doing other criminal activities, but he probably didn't have full access to JW money. In his greed he decides to try scam some cash by faking a kidnapping. Heartless Granny been keeping tabs on him and has wanted rid from day one. She sweeps in to switch up the plan, exposes all of Prison dad's criminality gets him locked up.

Now here is were it gets interesting who was SJ running from? Did prison dad try to retrieve the kid in last grasp desperation for leverage or did he send his lackeys? The other more dark scenario circling in my head is that once Heartless Granny got the con locked away, in her attempts to finally sever all ties between JW  and the con plus to preserve the family name she sends people to really get rid of the kid. Then faked the death and tried to completely severe all links to that part of JW's past by taking her away stateside got a few years and cutting off contact with SJ. That old mare doesn't see any maternal links, all she sees is the paternal side, which is ironic considering the extent to what she's willing to do to "protect" her daughter. The way she spoke there is no empathy, care or regrets  in regards to her own granddaughter. The fact that BCW is her blood is conveniently forgotten, all because he pops didn't meet the specs. Wonder how she feels toward her step grandchildren?  

Anyways that's just two of the many scenarios cycling in my head after today's episode. It's quiet up in here toss out your wild scenarios too! On a side note Na Roo's body language at times is so creepy, does he really think he can woo BCW acting like that?! Ready to fast forward any scenes with the stalker girl, of course he's starting to fall for her, like this is normal behaviour. Of course she gets the guy instead of a restraining order..<_<

If it was the other way around....<_<

1 hour ago, tas82 said:

Now here is were it gets interesting who was SJ running from? Did prison dad try to retrieve the kid in last grasp desperation for leverage or did he send his lackeys? The other more dark scenario circling in my head is that once Heartless Granny got the con locked away, in her attempts to finally sever all ties between JW  and the con plus to preserve the family name she sends people to really get rid of the kid. Then faked the death and tried to completely severe all links to that part of JW's past by taking her away stateside got a few years and cutting off contact with SJ. That old mare doesn't see any maternal links, all she sees is the paternal side, which is ironic considering the extent to what she's willing to do to "protect" her daughter. The way she spoke there is no empathy, care or regrets  in regards to her own granddaughter. The fact that BCW is her blood is conveniently forgotten, all because he pops didn't meet the specs. Wonder how she feels toward her step grandchildren?  

It is possible that the PP (Prison Pop) might have sent his lackeys to retrieve the kid or it could be that the lackeys themselves wanted a piece of the action by kidnapping the kid and asking for ransom from JW.  Since he is their boss, everybody might have gotten caught with the con.  

Hate the heartless granny.  Why is she so uptight with her own grand child?  IS JW really her bio daughter?  Or is JW like the adopted child who inherited the riches from her father?  It is really out of character that the granny did not even want to take care of her grandchild and broke all promises to SJ.  

Since we don't see any interaction with JW adopted children, I would suppose that they are off limits from the granny's side.    

7 hours ago, tas82 said:

Ready to fast forward any scenes with the stalker girl, of course he's starting to fall for her, like this is normal behaviour. Of course she gets the guy instead of a restraining order..<_<

If it was the other way around....<_<

I think he was immediately attracted to her the first time he saw her, in any case so much the better if these two will form a couple, because I was afraid that the writers would put him in a relationship with the little sister adopted:waitwhat:, at the beginning of the drama he was always there for her, and looked at her a little lovingly ?!
in any case, so much the better if he ends up falling in love with the stalker girl

4 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

It is possible that the PP (Prison Pop) might have sent his lackeys to retrieve the kid or it could be that the lackeys themselves wanted a piece of the action by kidnapping the kid and asking for ransom from JW.  Since he is their boss, everybody might have gotten caught with the con.  

Hate the heartless granny.  Why is she so uptight with her own grand child?  IS JW really her bio daughter?  Or is JW like the adopted child who inherited the riches from her father?  It is really out of character that the granny did not even want to take care of her grandchild and broke all promises to SJ.  

Since we don't see any interaction with JW adopted children, I would suppose that they are off limits from the granny's side.    

The first time we saw the old woman talking to SJ, she said it would make her relationship with her daughter CEO Kim worse if the truth came out. Maybe they had a bad relationship before her connecting with jailbird Park, perhaps after. We are not given much yet about them, except that Park is a low life and a gangster leader.

I think he was supposed to be released but Sly Penguin must have done something - most likely with the man he phones regularly.

SJ's decision to take the blame is the usual noble idiocy stuff which will complicate matters until someone eavesdrops  and hears the truth. That would be 15-20 episodes. Now if the eavesdropper is SP or SA, it would continue for 5-10 more episodes. Anyway, it looks like we may get a mother daughter relationship since it is BCW who rejects her mother because she claims to have been abandoned. She would not believe SJ's protestations until her noble idiocy act is revealed. Then BCW will go crying to CEO Kim, remorseful. 
OK that looks like enough material for 100 episode  show. Chat again tomorrow @angelwingssf

6 hours ago, maribella said:

SJ's decision to take the blame is the usual noble idiocy stuff which will complicate matters until someone eavesdrops  and hears the truth. That would be 15-20 episodes. Now if the eavesdropper is SP or SA, it would continue for 5-10 more episodes. Anyway, it looks like we may get a mother daughter relationship since it is BCW who rejects her mother because she claims to have been abandoned. She would not believe SJ's protestations until her noble idiocy act is revealed. Then BCW will go crying to CEO Kim, remorseful. 
OK that looks like enough material for 100 episode  show. Chat again tomorrow @angelwingssf

I think you are right about the idiocy stuff - but I think BCW is already attracted to her bio mother whether she likes it or not.  Once she really finds out that her mother did not abandon her and that it was her grandmother, she will willingly go to Chairman Kim.  I guess, there is a part that is going to be played by Nara (I always end up calling him that - since my visit to japan 's buddhist place - hoping that he will be turned into a good human being - the slimy sly penguin) and BCW 's dad the PP(prisoner pop).  

In the latest episode, PP  is already out of prison and comes looking for Sly penguin.  Sly Penguin is Getting kicked in the butt by PP troupe in the next week's preview.  

The way I look at this episode is that it is 25 weekends (since 2 per episode and 2 episodes / week).  So, time flies and keeps my weekend busy with waiting for subs.  

Chat again next week @maribella.  Nice seeing you here after a long time.  

@angelwingssf  long time no see my friend :)

I know that the CEO's girl won't let BCW alone :(

I like Koala's dad, he seems good after losing his memory lol. Sorry for using koala, I don't remember his real name. 

maybe Naro will date HD later.

tbh, my favorite couple is the uncle and the aunt, whenever she stands near him, a music plays so comically, that I start laughing :D

I enjoy the drama overall. 

I guess i just pretend that the stalker girlfriend plotline is cute.

About the whole adoption secret.. I feel like it just gets worse and worse the more the drama tries to explain the situation and reasons behind it.. I was fine just knowing that she took her in probably to protect her. I imagined there might have been a fire at the orphanage. Something like that. But like i said the more we know the worse it gets. 

And there are just some fundemental things... I am fine with the existential fear that BCW might leave her mom if she finds out who the biological mom is. But they state it as some law that you can never see each other again. Same for the siblings.. And all the questions of if she is going to live with her biological mom now.. Can anyone remind them that she is 30 years old?

20 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@angelwingssf  long time no see my friend :)

I know that the CEO's girl won't let BCW alone :(

I like Koala's dad, he seems good after losing his memory lol. Sorry for using koala, I don't remember his real name. 

maybe Naro will date HD later.

tbh, my favorite couple is the uncle and the aunt, whenever she stands near him, a music plays so comically, that I start laughing :D

@nohamahamoud2002  Nice to see you too Chingu!!  Did not know you were following this too.  

Definitely love the aunt and uncle - they are comic relief to me.

Another one who I love is James and Koala -  Everytime Koala is so frustrated, I remember how frustrating kids are.  James is like a kid now.  Listening to everything Koala tells him.  

I don't like HD with NAro - he is too sly to be with her.  SA 's brother "Meat ball sandwich" will probably be her mate!

I also like Koala's mom - who inspite of being bipolar and sick, still working and making a living and funny character as well.  

Preview :D  I think Naro slowly warming up to the villa family and gonna end up protecting them from those bad people. I do not see any love line for him. But seeing him repent is what I think is his arch. 

Since they reveled Bit Chae Won as Jung-Won's daughter early on then I think she'll move in with her real mother. We could also see Hae-Deun eventually marry Seo-A's brother. Having her also move into the house. This sorta thing always happen in weekend dramas.  

Archived