[Drama 2020/2021] The Lovers of Samkwang Villa/Homemade Love Story, 오! 삼광빌라!

0ly40

I wonder why MJ is against the ML&FL's marriage. I think she will say it's because of PPH but it's just a coverup of her feelings against James and SJ. Or maybe since she thinks those two are getting back together, that makes the couple step siblings. It seems a no-no in other dramas.

Perhaps PPH got wise of what happened and he used his trump card to force the old woman to retract whatever she did. That would certainly redeem him in BCW's eyes.

So many 'perhaps', I don't want it to be too serious with all kinds of corporate shenanigans.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, James hair color :thumbsdown:
The gray was peeking out. Hopefully stylist fix it.  Honestly It kept distracting.

Big applause  to Hawk Se.  Love it he stood up to the doc coworker and made it clear Auntie was HIS woman. :wub:

Starting to pity PPH, he is going to be back stabbed by Granma.  I hope when he realizes he screwed up Jae He contract that he can correct the wrong.  I can’t say I dislike him.  I think he is trying to make something of himself to show BCS he is worthy of something. on second thought, maybe it will be James that helps Jae Hee out.  That would make the relationship between the two of them stronger.

As for Seo A... that girl. Makes me :evillaugh:

I wonder if BCS/JH will just screw the people objecting the wedding and marry anyway.   It was  such a gentle and sweet convo between James and SJ... I don’t think they were romantically involved.  I suspect James transformed under the pressure to provide the same lifestyle that his wife came from.  He maybe has resentment towards his ex because of that.  

Eekkk :persevere:

NR and SA starting a skinship. Gross! Two most undeserving people. They should pay for what they have done before moving forward. At least SA must, she had done many devious things against BCW because of her spite and envy. If you can't snare the man after a dozen years, just give up gracefully. But of course, we won't get this drama.

JW should sit her down and tell her to stop like mothers would do to a daughter. But all she did was SA, SA.. She hurt BCW, I hope she gets to be thoroughly rejected by her bio daughter.

To be quite honest, I did not think I have the patience to stick with this up until the latest episode. Jin Ki Joo made it works I guess. 

As much as I am frustrated with Seo Ah, can I just say I am done with understanding Jung Won and all her excuses. From my point of view, both of them are extremely selfish but in a totally different way. Seo Ah being so outright that she is scheming everything to get what she wants while Jung Win is guilt-tripping everyone to understand her and her position that in the end everyone is being so nice and willing to follow her request.

Her conversation with Chae Woon just cemented that thought for me. She keeps asking Chae Woon to understand her as her daughter but she never acknowledge Chae Woon as her daughter in front of other people who doesn't know the truth. She knows very well that Seo Ah keeps planning to block Chae Woon from getting anything but she just enable every single thing Seo Ah did. She tried to use her position as the company CEO and asking for Chae Woon understanding for her objectiveness, but the moment she asked for that, she lost the objectiveness and instead she choose to act the way that will not compromise her position at all. 

As much as I hate Seo Ah, Jung Won really ticking me off lately. She has been so desperate trying to find Seo Yeon but once she knows that Seo Yeon is alive, she is doing NOTHING to acknowledge her other than letting Seo Yeon move into her house where in the end, Seo Yeon left BECAUSE of her lack of acknowledgement.  I used to understand her character as she is the CEO who hold responsibilities over hundreds of employees livelihood but now I can't help wanting everyone to know she is lying and that her decision backfired real bad on her reputation. I want to see her suffer due to Seo Yeon rejecting her but I know Chae Woon is too soft-hearted to do anything that will hurt her. 

I love your post @kdramagrandma.  I too changed my opinion of JW.  I disliked her from the moment she would not ack sweet Chae Won as her daughter.  Then she has the gall to vent and say the girl should understand HER!  JW told her son that she was focused on her business when his Dad was ill.  So the no. 1 priority in her life has always been her business.

I just don't get why CW and her Mother are so accepting of JW and her priority.  The reaction of Aunt and the rest of the family is more natural.  Moong and Koala even listened to her reasons why they should wait to get married, etc.  I feel now that JW deserves to have SR as her daughter.  She does not deserve CW.  SR should lead JW around her little finger for the rest of her life. 

Park Pilhong may turn out to be a better person than everyone in JW's family, including her.  It's very strange that CW can get so upset finding out Mr Lee was really her dad, Park Pilhong but she so easily understood and accepted JW?  

The other thick-skinned one is NR.  He is really sly!  He calls SY 'mother' and acts to loving and accepting of them while he schemed with SR against CW.  He needs to be severely punished.  How many times have we seen him look remorseful and yet he continues with his schemes. His greatest punishment would be SY and everyone at the Villa rejecting him.  But that should not be his only punishment as he knows what he is doing is wrong but he still persists.  I did not feel sorry to see the scumbag leave the villa.  Actually, I felt it was about time.  Left the villa with his fake crocodile tears!  he is sorry but not sorry enough! to stop his wicked schemes.  So glad Aunt and Hawske found out and took action and made him leave!  I hope the writer don't just show a simple one or two episode repentance for NR, JW and her Mum.  

The writer is continuing to tease us with James, Minjae, the Prof and Soonjung.  Both James and Minjae wanting the other to have a fresh start.  

The preview shows BCW calling to report someone. I wonder if she had done background check on what NR told her.  He and the old woman are helping the spiteful SA to destroy a person and hopefully the writer will punish them hard. Making them a couple is no punishment.

Honestly yeah I’m in the same “used to like JW but now she ticks me off” boat too. I know she’s not technically a bad person but damn she’s all over the place. She’s strict but she’s not (apparently regarding SA and her bratty bitchiness), she loves her bio daughter but she doesn’t love her enough, she’s warm and kind but she’s also selfish. Maam, you’ve been separated from your daughter for decades, if anyone should make the effort, shouldn’t it be you? 

As messy as Gracious Revenge was, the reaction of the evil mom when she found out the main lead was her daughter all along was more realistic than JW’s. She was so gentle, warm, caring, and constantly coddled on her long lost daughter, she threw everything into the wind bcs she was just so happy she get to see the daughter she thought was lost to her forever. I mean, wouldn’t you too? Especially if you thought her dead for years, wouldn’t you want to spend every last minute with her? Honestly, that would make a better conflict with SA, bcs JW DID favor BCW FAR FAR more than her, but now it just made RickRoll'D princess SA extremely bratty for throwing a tantrum when even the slightest attention from mommy dearest wasn’t on her.

as for NR and SA... ho boy. I ain’t going there. I just skipped most of the scenes with SA so I know I’m not gonna regret it.

So sad for the couple. Why did BCW kneel to that awful old cow? If JH needs help, she should go to his father. 

The money lenders are a real menace in SK, there should be a law against them.

Well it's past 50% of the episodes, we will have a wedding soon, too bad I feel that we will have a kumbaya ending with the old woman, JW etc. would be there.

edit: I can hardly wait for the subs.   SA of course denied it was her doing. I want to hear what the old woman said to BCW. To give up JH and she would undo what she did? 

I think we are going into the noble idiocy territory. It seem BCW and JH are making decisions for the sake of the other. A little of confidence in each other's love may work better. But of course there are 13 episodes left, so misunderstanding is needed. It must be NR or the site manager who reported PPH for theft. But my Korean is not too good, so I may be wrong.  :smirk:

I think the preview showed JH leaving SV. The compulsory first breakup probably. They will get back together but not before the spiteful miss gets her satisfaction.

The writer showed some kind of unhappiness in SA after her vicious payback. This is so we will forgive her later in the kumbaya ending. Her just reward would be for JW to pack her things and leave the company and restart with BCW. Rub it in to SA.

It’s Toxic: No matter how abusive manipulative, controlling, interfering or Judgmental the family or the elders is the women in family and daily dramas will always stay and take it. They won’t even seriously think of moving out. 

Okay, so now we're at the "evil people be evil" stage of the show. No more cute, shmoopy love. Birth secret is out. So now it's all corporate shenanigans and crying and beatdowns from random gangsters.

Man, that Grandma is seriously the worst.

It was pretty funny when everyone immediately thought Seo-Ah was behind it, and no one believed her when she denied it. HAHAHAHA.

Not loving the Hwak-Sae + Man-Jeong drama. So he's a lounge singer and she's a doctor. They dig each other, it's really not that weird. What is all the angst for?

So I guess this entire drama is just about how Sun-Jeong is an angel on earth. Hrmmm... kay.

Not to complain - because I am watching it and enjoying it, obviously - but I feel absolutely ZERO tension. Everything is going to work out fine. It's very low-stress, and that is nice.

FYI, one of the product sponsors of the show is SAMKWANG WASABI. So they named this villa - and thus, the entire show - after the wasabi? Wow. :lol:

9 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Okay, so now we're at the "evil people be evil" stage of the show. No more cute, shmoopy love. Birth secret is out. So now it's all corporate shenanigans and crying and beatdowns from random gangsters.

Man, that Grandma is seriously the worst.

It was pretty funny when everyone immediately thought Seo-Ah was behind it, and no one believed her when she denied it. HAHAHAHA.

Not loving the Hwak-Sae + Man-Jeong drama. So he's a lounge singer and she's a doctor. They dig each other, it's really not that weird. What is all the angst for?

So I guess this entire drama is just about how Sun-Jeong is an angel on earth. Hrmmm... kay.

Not to complain - because I am watching it and enjoying it, obviously - but I feel absolutely ZERO tension. Everything is going to work out fine. It's very low-stress, and that is nice.

FYI, one of the product sponsors of the show is SAMKWANG WASABI. So they named this villa - and thus, the entire show - after the wasabi? Wow. :lol:

Honestly that tyrant old hag really is SA’s granma. They both were willing to ruin other ppl just for the sake of their own selfish desires. Idc if she’s a senior citizen she needs to rot in jail for her sins.

I never liked overly nice characters like SJ, I still don’t. It’s so friggin unrealistic, I prefer MJ and Manjung because they are naturally good people, but they have flaws, like actual person, which makes them far more believable, and I could get behind them. Meanwhile last time I actually rooted for SJ was when she dropped the bomb that tyrant hag was behind BCW/SY’s “death”, then she just grew boring again, I couldn’t root for a 2dimensional character like this. 

I didn’t have any sorta attachment to this drama but i felt it was kinda ok at first, but now every time I see JW’s family, ESPECIALLY SA with NR, I feel like throwing up. I dont get why they pushed for SA-NR ship, do they srsly think ppl would want to ship them just because they played a romantic cutesy music??? Ew. SA is a selfish RickRoll'D that tried to ruin an innocent young woman’s life out of jealousy, she should be stripped of everything she has as her punishment, she doesn’t deserve love. Koala and Mong were cute at least and they kept me going but now... im not sure, bcs I don’t really have any attachment towards them like I did with Ahri and Junsu from No Matter What.

The best thing about this show is it does not get stuck at a secret for dozens of episode or belabour a story line that it feels unending. The shady deal that SA and her grandmother pulled on JH is going to be resolved next weekend from the preview. NR loves SA. He is a conman and she is spoilt and vicious, and she deserves to be conned. We now have BCW and JH, uncle and auntie,  and Hae Den and JA to get back together. Maybe MJ and James will get back together too. That should cover 5-6 weekends. Then the grand finale will see BCW become Kim BCW or Park BCW?

Jeez all the men leaving SVillage without saying goodbye:byebye2:

Noticed Jae Hee still has BCW as his first priority despite all this job drama going on.

Jae Hee didn’t make a swift decision when asked to proceed with charges against PPH.

plus when he walked away from SVillage, he silently acknowledged HE KNEW BCW was watching him walk away.  Now that is :fullofhearts: so not too worried about their time apart.  Men need to feel in control of situations sometimes,  so Jae Hee working this out of town job, is his way of feeling he can take control of this situation.   As for His Dads. wow the two of them have a lot issues to be resolved.  I’m glad Jae Hoon didn’t listen to his son wishes and paid the loan shark off anyway.  I would have done the same thing.  Sometimes as a parent, you do what is necessary. In fact, I believe Jae Hee admitted the paid loan shark made things slightly better.

Jung Won...:headbang: her mother skills are such a mess right now. BUT I give her credit for getting PPH arrested.  PPH does need to learn correct his behavior. As for how she handles Seo A I will not comment.  :fear: 

Next week our cute couple will miss each other too much and will make up.   It’s also going be a us watching a can of worms for sweet James.  
Also,  I can’t hate the granma.  I loved the actress  so much in previous drama My Only One. I watch her  current scenes with a shield over my heart to feel no hate. 

Can’t say I like the typical “splitting couples up just to have them reunite” trope, but with this at least I feel like JH needs to sort things out on his own. He was serious enough to consider marriage with BCW, if worse things gonna happen to him and his family once he becomes a family man, with a wife and children, he needs to be able to handle it, for his family, he needs to be stronger for their sakes. It’s a necessary step for him to grow, after all. I just hope there’s gonna be none of the usual kdrama misunderstanding plot device bull involving SA happening to Koala and Moong.

I'm bummed that Hwak-Sae left Man-Jeong because he thinks he isn't good enough for her. Nobel idiocy strikes! Here's to hoping that he's hanging out at "James's" house. Although I'm sure he's not, James would welcome him!

Of course Sun-Jeong is a little too good to be true, but Jeong-Won rejects her daughter because she is afraid of losing her chaebol lifestyle, and all she gets is scorn. No middle ground, apparently.

I loved that once Min-Jae found out bad things happened to Jae-Hee, it took her about two minutes before she asked if Seo-Ah is the one to blame. HAHAHA, no one has a good opinion about Seo-Ah.

Grandma continues to be as nasty as possible. When given any chance to make the right choice, she always makes the selfish, most despicable choice she can.

Archived