[Drama 2021] She Would Never Know, 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마

0ly40

Yes sir Hyun Seung for knowing that you should respect her when she says no! B) 

So Song-A was Jae-shin refuge from his life where he had to says yes to every demand. But then he really messed up if he think he could have both women in his life like living a double life. 

2aqwK6S.png

I am melting over our cute OTP. I am now all in for this pair as I think we got a very nice look at who Hyun Seung is. A very cute and protective puppy. He also very mature and straightforward. :wub:

l0wLrLa.png

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was constantly flabbergasted by BM Lee/Jaeshin.

It's astounding how cocky/delusional he is thinking that Songah only loves him and would return to him eventually. Dude thinks he's living in the historical dynasty where a man can have polyamorous relationships.

He can't leave his fiancé in the first place and he won't leave his side chick.

Jaeshin didn't even look shaken up when Songah admitted to knowing about his upcoming wedding.

I thought he was a level headed guy seeing as he was smart with his career, but turns out he's trash who can't take no for an answer and brings his beef to work. Seriously why is he so clingy when she's practically his backup plan? The worst type of man is one who gets physical. It's already bad enough that he's a cheating arsehole.

When Jaeshin tackled him, Hyunseung should've played the bigger person. Fight in defense and not play BM's game. (Pity that the employees have to clean up their mess....)

No matter how much Jaeshin's backstory we get, it will never justify his behaviour and actions.

Shoutout to Manager Yoo for being the ultimate wingman today despite it backfiring on her. 

I appreciate her efforts as she watches those two grow.

Unrelated: I happened to stumble by bits of webtoon and things pretty much visually went the same route. So it's a webnovel that got translated to a webtoon. It might deviate from the novel but I wouldn't know.

I get the drama's following the OG content though I wish they edited a few scenes by taking social stances into consideration. Some things are just withstand-able in webtoons/novels but when transferred to film... it's doesn't look great. Otherwise, Jaeshin's and Songah's characters looks diff than what I would've imagined. Jaeshin has more of a personality?/ his face is more expressive? 'cause Drama Jaeshin looks done with life everyday. 

And Songah's character looks more of a fashionista type.

Episode 4 -

The team dinner was the highlight of the episode - Manager Yoo stealing the scene with facial expressions alone :lol:

Other than that, I have to say that I'm full on conflicted at this point. I want to hate Jae-Shin really really REALLY bad, but writer-nim has made his backstory so intriguing that I can't just dismiss him as a run-of-the-mill slimy power hungry philanderer.

When Song-Ah was telling Hyun-Seung that if Jae-Shin would've said he was forced into it, she would've stayed by his side, I was just sitting there hoping that wasn't telegraphing what was coming - We've already seen that his fiance has major issues, and I'm guessing, after watching that wedding photo shoot, that Jae-Shin IS, in point of fact, being forced -coerced-blackmailed into the wedding.

Jae-Shin was absolutely wrong to cheat on Song-Ah, but damn it, why did they have to write him as a tragic character (thus far)?

... maybe he'll turn truly evil :naughty: ... that'd help alot

I'm not sure if I like this series. For now I have seen four episodes without commenting much.

It's just weird that they make a big deal out of 1 year older than him, even if by company years it's 3 years. But she keeps making a point that he is younger, although in Korean society it's a big deal in terms of seniority. Which was why it was "omg" for HS to drop formalities and his speech when he and SA first joined hands. 

About BM Lee. I don't get him. Yeah he has a painful history, but his logical reasoning is pretty stupid. Sooner or later this relationship would have blown up, and it would have made more sense to break off things with SA, considering he's close to marrying his boss' sister. Does he think that he is so invincible, that if his fiancée finds out, too, he will be untouchable?

The Director keeps relying on his friend so much, it's kinda sad that his "friend" doesn't regard him actually as a friend. so probably he thinks that the guy is an idiot. Ok. But what about the rest of the family? they're powerful and likely to destroy him for hurting their daughter.

This drama give me mixed vibes, I still not sure if is worth the time but I at the same time I want to keep watching. 

HS is cute and everything but kind of creepy/pushy sometimes and that is a no no for me, I understand he's in love and worry but come on give her some space too.  

I like SA character, she is strong and independent but weak too, I liked how even if she rejected him and keep a strong attitude, she recognizes that if it wasn't for HS she would've fall for the BM Lee lies. That part was so real and well played for me, because who didn't fall for some jerk lies once in their lives, when you're in love sometimes you're blind too, and SA luckily have someone to open her eyes and show how beautiful and worthed she is, that's precious 

About BM Lee I'm speechless, he didn't even flinch when she told him about the coming weeding, and was "oh that was the reason" like is nothing. How he pretend stop or finish that relationship? I don't think that girl will let him go that easily, she already attempted suicide for him, he's too naive if he think he will be able to cut lines with her and her family, as someone says before, they'll destroy him before he even think in finish with them. 

Something that have me thinking and I think nobody commented yet is HS noona husband, why my gaydar suddenly got activated? 

I saw interview for iqiyi, rowoon said his diffrence from hyun seung because he not type of person say said cliche things :rickroll:

I dont want to give negative comments about this drama. I just want to enjoy a wonderful day between them (Song Ah and Hyun Seung. Making me smile to myself while watching it is already quite happy.

I like the way he looks at Song Ah in episode 4 when he saw her dance. So fantasy vibe.

I saw BTS in iqiyi, BM Lee said this is his first time doing romantic/melodrama drama. But you did good joob!!

#kimseokwoojina fighthing!

What is wrong with everyone in this drama! The FL is so unreasonable. Why don't you talk to him? Get it outs speak up! You are playing a dangerous game That would end up hurting all parties involved. Who jumps into a rebound relationship like that? You have been dating someone for two years, you caught him cheating,  now clear the air lady. Confront him! This show seems so baseless, unreal to me. It makes my blood boil.We just have two good looking leads. The story is just not credible enough.

And for the much hyped handsome ML, are you out of your mind? Do you pester the one you love continuously. Give that woman space, let her take her own decision. You say you have been in a relationship and been hurt, do you must know that you just can't stop loving someone, caring for someone as you wish. It is not a faucet. Stop bring it up again and again, stop pestering her to go out on a date with you. She is not in that state of mind. 

Excuse me for saying this but to me, the ML seems to be the real villain. He is just not letting the FL clear the air. Sort it out, woman!! What a cowardly way to deal with the whole thing! Where is her anger, her sense of justice!

I can't decide whom I dislike more the ML or FL. They are truly made for each other seeing how short sighted and immature they are! I don't even feel like watching EP4 now. What a disaster! Can the ML and FL please grow up and deal with these adult issues in a adult manner?

These much hyped dramas are always such a disappointment. We want more than snazzy sets and beautiful leads.

Also, enough of these 'selfish' mothers. It's becoming a norm in almost all dramas. There could be other issues too, really!

12 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

What is wrong with everyone in this drama! The FL is so unreasonable. Why don't you talk to him? Get it outs speak up! You are playing a dangerous game That would end up hurting all parties involved. Who jumps into a rebound relationship like that? You have been dating someone for two years, you caught him cheating,  now clear the air lady. Confront him! This show seems so baseless, unreal to me. It makes my blood boil.We just have two good looking leads. The story is just not credible enough.

And for the much hyped handsome ML, are you out of your mind? Do you pester the one you love continuously. Give that woman space, let her take her own decision. You say you have been in a relationship and been hurt, do you must know that you just can't stop loving someone, caring for someone as you wish. It is not a faucet. Stop bring it up again and again, stop pestering her to go out on a date with you. She is not in that state of mind. 

Excuse me for saying this but to me, the ML seems to be the real villain. He is just not letting the FL clear the air. Sort it out, woman!! What a cowardly way to deal with the whole thing! Where is her anger, her sense of justice!

I can't decide whom I dislike more the ML or FL. They are truly made for each other seeing how short sighted and immature they are! I don't even feel like watching EP4 now. What a disaster! Can the ML and FL please grow up and deal with these adult issues in a adult manner?

These much hyped dramas are always such a disappointment. We want more than snazzy sets and beautiful leads.

Also, enough of these 'selfish' mothers. It's becoming a norm in almost all dramas. There could be other issues too, really!

You should continue watch the next episode because all your complaints are answered in episode 4. Enjoys!!! 

The 1st reason I'm tried watching this drama because the teaser attractive enough

But after 1-2 ep, I become disappointed..

1. Too much characters appear in early ep, dont know what the focus..

2. The character noona dongsaeng just 1 year difference in age, also the seniority office gap just 2 years..But song Ah act like they difference 5-6 years..

Even Bae Tami in drama WWW who has difference age far enough not act like Song Ah..

4. The scene when hyun seung wiped song ah lipstick more like CF scene than drama scene..

6 hours ago, qing said:

The 1st reason I'm tried watching this drama because the teaser attractive enough

But after 1-2 ep, I become disappointed..

1. Too much characters appear in early ep, dont know what the focus..

2. The character noona dongsaeng just 1 year difference in age, also the seniority office gap just 2 years..But song Ah act like they difference 5-6 years..

Even Bae Tami in drama WWW who has difference age far enough not act like Song Ah..

4. The scene when hyun seung wiped song ah lipstick more like CF scene than drama scene..

I think if you willing too you should try watching ep 3-4 It sort of ties the story and goes deeper into the different characters.

About the age difference from what i am seeing song-ah doesn't really care about it because her main reason for rejecting the male lead now is because she just doesn't like him not their age gap. The age gap thing honestly just feels like a marketing strategy.

You know you guys have watched plenty of dramas where the male lead was poor. Clawed his way up. Some even married their rich wife and divorced. Or sell their soul to get out of their background.

I am not supporting Jaeshin. But it sure sounds like SA might have been his first love. Although he did agree to the engagement at least 6 months ago. When he was dating SA.

Plenty of dramas could have made him a ML in that drama where he gets himself out from the family.

By the way Hye Joo is scary. She is rich, selfish, arrogant, self centred, manipulative, uses people ie the modal, high maintenance and likely a jealous sort.

Jaeshin is still a douchebag and I am not supporting him.

Just that its been a bit tiring reading the rants. At least the writer got it out upfront. Douchebag 2nd male lead. Done. Dusted. No sneaking around or surprises.

Let's get on with the story. I came into this drama cold. Didn't read the news. Didn't watch the preview. Didn't swoon over Rowoon in Extraordinary You. In fact dropped the drama.  So him being able to act and generate chemistry with the female lead has been nice.

Also, the ranting about his overbearing, boundary encrouching, physical touching by ep 1-2? Come on. It all depends on the views of the viewers. His character is ALSO something we see in other dramas. Has he done the wristgrab? I remember SA doing it. Not him. There you go. Fair's fair. They both encroached.

I don't even remember the female lead's name. She was in the legal drama with Lee Junki right? I liked her there.

Now that I got my view of all the rants out of the way- the drama flows. Its got a background. The directing is smooth. The actors can act. Let the plot go on and see how it pans out I say.

My summary- hey man I have never seen the actors playing Jaeshin, the husband or the chef. So 3 new good looking guys on my horizon is fine by me. I keep seeing the same ol' same ol'  in the current dramas. Some of whom can't act or the show has derailed.

If anything I went to check the sub origins. Its by iQiyi. Which is from Baidu and currently am disappointed. Baidu subbers had the best reputation for knowing Korean. What the heck is this iQiyi subber/s doing? The impact of the lines are totally lost with the careless subbing. Have to say griping by ignorant ( not soompi but the online streaming sites or on viki ) viewers about slow viki subs? It does happen. Anyway besides the speed at least I can relate to the subs. Want a macho, protective male lead giving some cool lines? Go listen to the Korean. The subs? Increase your vocabulary or rather sub what you hear. There is a reason why it sounds better or more impactful in Korean.

Oh yeah. Age gap vs seniority? Again. Another trope. Another Korean thing... everyone knows seniority counts in S Korea.  Also, marketing teams in SK are in a stressful position. And their hours suck.  So it's high stress all round. We are not meant to be buddies  but operate on age and seniority.

Speaking as someone who worked with juniors older or same age or even slightly younger ( usually much younger )- who has changed into my profession? A 2 year seniority is a heck of a lot of experience difference. I mean do you guys seriously treat a new intern who's one year younger but if you're his designated trainer as if you're his pal? You're not. I mean you don't have to be condescending but hierarchical society has hierarchies for a reason. People behave that way.

Also work culture dictates how an office is run. Did you guys hear how they address seniors in the office? It sure sounds hierarchical to me. It's not a casual company culture here where they are super friendly. I presume the ML was their shinip sawon before he got in and the most junior of the team right? I mean putting aside how they talk in dramas they're even strict in the drama.

Ok. Yawn. Got that off my chest after reading all your posts. Sorry. I just watched ep 1-4 in one hit on Sat and enjoyed it. So came for spoilers and couldn't believe how many people were upset. I had no expectations. If anything felt a bit disappointed how Song- ah had to have the ML ( sorry can't remember his name ) be the protector. I will see how long I can take it. If and when once SA recovers from being 2 timed and gets back her spine hope she is not a helpless female. You can't be in a marketing team in a cut-throat beauty industry and be a swooning damsel.

No offence meant to anyone. I am off to work in a few hours. The drama did the job to entertain me.  So it's a new work week. Work has been shite. So my online activities has to stop. God. Why did I agree to so much work? So if anyone replies to this post- if I don't reply- its cause' I am purposely imposing a drama block on this distraction.

Ciao. Have a nice week swooning over Ruwoon. Which seems to be thing when seeing him here.

Episode 5 went smoothly for me. It seems sorry for him as a junior to be treated like that. Yes I know that may be the work culture in Korea. Since they do not work together anymore, I can feel the longing expressed by the male actors at the end of this episode. As always, I am not an nitizens that likes to comment bad about this drama. I enjoy this drama as a stress reliever in my daily life.

Has anyone read or heard of the webtoon where the drama is based on, I want spoiler to spoiler if possible? I read somewhere that the male lead has maybe an ex who may come back making things difficult,i don't know if that's true

I liked ep 5, she missed him and maybe in a slow way she is falling for him! That final i liked the most in particular the ost "Lean on me", one of the best ost i ever listened!!

And i like the idea of his ex... she will make Song Ah jealous and i want to see THAT but i want to see their first kiss before angst!!:shaq:

Archived