[Drama 2021] She Would Never Know, 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마

0ly40

9 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@lolly84 thanks. Oh dear that's going to be hard to resolve nicely. And I mean BY the writer.

If you make her divorce its going to leave the sweet girl living in separated households. If the writer puts them together its like saying a same sex relationship won't last and only the socially accepted relationship is ok. 

However if you separate them its almost like saying the husband didn't actually want to get married but did it for his mother's sakes. So where does that leave all 3 of them since he is actually maintaining contact with his ex? Who obviously still has feelings for him.

What a mess of a plot to solve in 3 episodes. Like seriously that is a messy plot. In the country where I'm living now the husband and chef would be together. In my previous country... wife would divorce him. In my original country? The wife and husband would stay together because of the daughter.

What an absolute mess. I have a different perspective on same sex marriages here since my work colleagues are in those sort of relationships. 

Thanks for the spoilers. I am going to wake up soon and sigh looks like I would miss this Monday's episode as well.

Hyun- seung and Song- ah are cute and all but fickle me am currently in love with The Sword and the brocade so going back to the angst. I like the tension before a romance so that's why I watch Kdramas. 

I think it was the case but script didn't show it in a right way

I like tension too and now i think in only 3 episodes it's impossible clarify all this mess about the second sister and Song Ah ambitions:facepalm:

BTW ep 1 to 12 are the best!!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How cute was Hyun-seung with Song-ah's mom today:heart: Right way to go son-in-law!!:D 

I am confused as to why the middle sister's husband wants to divorce her. Yes he was in a relationship with the chef in college. It would have been great if he told her this before they married but its not like he cheated on her after their marriage. I think they should just adjust at least for the little girl's sake. The chef wont be interfering, the husband isnt going back to the chef so it might work out for the couple...if not as a couple then at least as parents to their daughter. Also I felt really bad when the sister broke down on seeing how her siblings tell her everything last:( Poor girl

I hope Hyu-joo now stops pursuing Jae-shin and gets a life. I almost expected her to jump from the hospital window after Jae-shin left^_^

I think Hyun-seung shouldnt stop Song-ah from leaving. Yes he doesn't like it but I feel their relationship will survive the distance & the years apart. In fact it will grow stronger! But God forbid if she doesnt go to Europe because of him & then regrets it it would stay in their relationship forever & hurt them again & again. In 5 years HS too would be nicely settled in his job & life, they can marry then.

Both Hyun Seung's sis & Hyo Joo are holding on to men who don't love them back & that's sad~ In the former's case, I think it's best to let him go.. He can still co-parent & they can work it out amicably between themselves. Ha Eun is pretty mature, I'm sure she'd understand. 

The chef was right, the wife is genuine but the doc is living a lie & is in denial. Hyun Seung's bonding moments with future MIL is cute! 

Predictable when a drama reaches its peak, the otp will break apart only to reunite at the finale.. It was the same for "True Beauty" and "When the Camellia Blooms" every single time OY LoL. :unamused:

Regarding this two. I think a very complicated storyline, so have been hard to comment. But find it interesting. 

giphy.gif

Consider he have said many times that he is not like Han seo I want to take his word for what he says. They have talked many times about one mistake in college that happened one time. But I think just one sexual experience (if that is what they hint at) do not mean he is gay. He clearly stated he is not many times so therefor he feel so big shame on that one time mistake. 

Also to me he do loves Yeon seung in his ways with the divorce wanting to lift her from the hurt after hearing her cry. 

Very complicated episode the last one.. I do think it will be a great opportunity for SA the Europe job, and for her career and experience I would like her go, I'm sure HS being supportive as he is will stay by her side no matter what. What I didn't like that the writer use again this storyline to create tension and sad moments, the long distance relationship/time lapse is too used already, I hoped for something new this time.

I would prefer she accepted the last episode offer to move to other company or maybe for her to start her own line (I know this is difficult but anyways) and show the managing of work, Iove and life by that perspective, It would be more interesting and fresh to see 

I learn to always not trust jtbc dramas previews because their soooo misleading, so for me next episode preview is not concluded.

*Sigh* HS sister and her husband... Very complicated situation, I not sure what to think, he definitely must grow a "pair" and show her and maybe the world what he want, just denying and stay quiet waiting will not resolve anything, he already have a family, must be more responsible for his acts and decisions. Korean society is still not welcoming to same sex couple, so I think he's trying to resolve this in a way that they can both be save from malicious opinions

To add I now dislike Jae Shin, he never considered the Director his friend.... That must hurt, anyways I hope even him have a better life far from there

@ck1Oz

Isn't it obvious the writer is trying to be different ha-ha?!:tounge_wink: He/She is trying to explore a sensitive issue as LGBT to give a spin to the plot but instead it's failing miserably?:unamused: Like everything else in K-Drama, it's going to be wrapped in a bow pretty much or swept under the rug. It's like wanting to push boundaries but afraid of backlash LoL.:joy:

Marriage is obviously not on Song Ah's mind I can tell you that much. But she did seem pretty set on it (marriage) to Jae Shin and maybe that's why his cheating with Hyo Joo hurt her badly. Honestly she probably still pines for him who knows? 'Cause I don't feel she's in the relationship as much as Hyun Seung y'know?

If there's anything I've learned from K-Dramas and long distance relationships is they're pretty patient & loyal LoL! The time skip is a commonly used trope so the 5 years will feel like 5 weeks really!:loolz: Plus Hyun Seung's rich he can always fly to visit. It's Song Ah I'm unsure of.. she's not getting younger & as her mom said, is ambitious.  

On 3/2/2021 at 12:54 PM, lolly84 said:

Stills for tonight ep:

Reveal hidden contents

Some sweet moments but i have my doubts about the outcome...:isannoyed:

Seems like a goodbye, kdramas always do this type of cute/romantic moments before the travel thing. I'm really disappointed with the course this drama is getting, has so much potential and everything, now is like another k-melodrama.

I think the same as many here, I don't see SA committed in this relationship, must is HS that do everything, she just follow him... Maybe the travel will make her realize this and change? Who knows..

15 minutes ago, celflor said:

Seems like a goodbye, kdramas always do this type of cute/romantic moments before the travel thing. I'm really disappointed with the course this drama is getting, has so much potential and everything, now is like another k-melodrama.

I think the same as many here, I don't see SA committed in this relationship, must is HS that do everything, she just follow him... Maybe the travel will make her realize this and change? Who knows..

Hope it will be the case... Maybe after 1 year she will return for good to stay with him. ATM i saw only HS who loves her deeply. What a disappointment from the writer. Jae Shin card is still there because Song Ah is not so in love with HS:facepalm:

Welll he is a rebound relationship and she was in a 2 year relatuonshp.

Sorry guys. I am deep in love with Wallace Chung at present and can see no one but him.

I am however interested in seeing how the 2 sisters relationship will turn out. Theirs are actually more complicated than the main lead.

The oldest sister is 37 and looks kinda weak for the Chairman and his granddaughter. 

And the 2nd sister did go into the marriage with genuine commitment. And I do really like her daughter. And if there's one thing I know a Gangnam Oriental doctor won't do well if he's gay. There. Stated the obvious so the ending can't go there. Not to mention his mother will probably keel over.

2 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Welll he is a rebound relationship and she was in a 2 year relatuonshp.

Sorry guys. I am deep in love with Wallace Chung at present and can see no one but him.

I am however interested in seeing how the 2 sisters relationship will turn out. Theirs are actually more complicated than the main lead.

The oldest sister is 37 and looks kinda weak for the Chairman and his granddaughter. 

And the 2nd sister did go into the marriage with genuine commitment. And I do really like her daughter. And if there's one thing I know a Gangnam Oriental doctor won't do well if he's gay. There. Stated the obvious so the ending can't go there. Not to mention his mother will probably keel over.

I think so too. I guess it will be an open ending regarding the second sister decision of her life but i'm sad for their daughter. Hope to see the older sister's wedding, i like the couple and i want to see her wedding dress. At this point i don't have much expectations from OTP so i'll see the show for the minor plot lines.:brokenheart:

William Chung is sounding very appealing! 

Occurred to me that this drama has enough plot lines it could have been one of those 100 episode plus family dramas.  Eg, Do we know why grandpa disinherited the parents? Are they still alive? What about HS's parents?  I also wouldn't mind seeing SA's roommate dating. She is total fun. 

On a happy note, SA's mom seems to be coming out of her depression and taking an interest in things. The way she wanted "hot pot" because she saw it on TV, and her interest in the pretty fingernail ornaments. These are big steps forward for her.  

And SA and HS,  I keep remembering that poster session with SA running to an open-armed HS and the couple embracing in the twilight.  They'll make it through this.

And I was also remembering SA had to force her way away from her mom's drowning need for her to go to university in Seoul. Supporting herself as she studied with part-time jobs. She's had to be tough to make a life for herself. But I do think HS is part of her life now. And her mom will be back in it too, and not in a bad way.

Not sure about the oldest sister and the chairman's grandson. I hope he gives up his angry plans for revenge. Like his sister he had an unrequited love thing going on. Unrequited friendship. I wouldn't want a man that vengeful and angry to be with HS's sweet noona. I hope she can calm him down.

Anyway, just hello. Fun reading all your posts.

7 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

preview for next week ep 15, so they broke up, I was not wrong, I said it, apparently it will be just a year later, and this time it's Song Ah who will fight for their love

Interesting! You are sharp. I did not expect that.  Reminds me of the reversal in "I Have a Lover." 

16 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

preview for next week ep 15, so they broke up, I was not wrong, I said it, apparently it will be just a year later, and this time it's Song Ah who will fight for their love

That's actually prefect: she'll get her European experience, as well as will realise how much he means to her, he'll move from his obsession over her to a healthier approach. Hopefully the bad blood over the breakup isn't too bad thou (plus it's kinda shame that this trope was used here as well; in some ways, this show chose different paths than usually expected in k-drama land and I was hoping it'll also be the case with the long-term relationship)...

Ok so THEY DID IT...:surprisedwut: sweet scene BUT the outcome was the worse... :brokenheart:THEY BROKE UP but i think next episode we'll see why they have parted... it's not clear. 3 YEARS PASSED... IT'S RIDICULOUS:what!: but i understand the situation. Now i'll wait the happy ending from the last 2 episode. BTW the second sister divorced i don't understand the real reason after all.

The love scenes

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

THEY BROKE UP but i think next episode we'll see why they have parted... it's not clear.

When writer have not made the break up clear, it is often some twist involved. I guess they maybe did tray the long distance but because of the distance and work they drifted apart and therefor SA comes back as she miss him.  or maybe they did manage to keep in contact, but because they have not seen each other for so long, so there are some emotional distance between them. 

6 minutes ago, sal2 said:

When writer have not made the break up clear, it is often some twist involved. I guess they maybe did tray the long distance but because of the distance and work they drifted apart and therefor SA comes back as she miss him.  or maybe they did manage to keep in contact, but because they have not seen each other for so long, so there are some emotional distance between them. 

I think Song Ah left him first... HS is a faithful character so i guess she made some mistake and let him go. BTW HOPE TO SEE A PROPER BED SCENE maybe when they'll reconcile at this point:7555_attack:

Archived