Poll: time travel dramas

Lmangla

What are your favourite time travel dramas?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. How did I get here? -- when characters end up moving through time for no particular reason at all!

• Rooftop prince 2012 - a prince and his group find themselves in the future
    • Splash Splash Love 2015 - - a high school senior meets a prince
    • Moon Lover: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 2016 - a girl finds herself in the past and is pursued by lots of princes in the palace
    • The best hit 2017 - a singer ends up stuck in the future where no one knows who he is
    • * your reaction 1 - the best time travel; so much mystery and comedy, they have no idea what's going on...
    • * your reaction 2 - kind of silly and illogical; why would someone randomly end up in another time without any explanation or purpose?
  2. 2. Let's save a life - travel through time for that sole purpose

• Queen In Hyun's Man 2012 - a scholar uses the library of the future to change the history
    • Faith 2012 - doctor gets dragged by handsome general into past to save the king
    • Time slip Dr Jin 2012 - doctor learns people die in every era
    • Live up to your name 2017 - a talisman meant to protect him sends this doctor from the past into the future
    • Somehow 18 2017 - doctor wants to save his first love
    • Nine 2013 - man finds incense sticks allows him to travel back and wants to keep family safe
    • Gods gift:14 days 2014 - a mother travels back in time to stop her child from being killed
    • Tunnel 2017 - detective travels through time to catch a serial killer
    • Signal 2017 - a detective gets clues from the future police to solve a crime
    • Life on mars 2018 - a detective all of a sudden wakes up and finds himself in the past
    • * reaction 1: I love it! there's so much urgency because a lot is at stake
    • * reaction 2: basically it sucks be a doctor or detective; whichever time you go, you end up working overtime!
    • 365: one year again 2020 - 10 people are given an opportunity to change their past. why?
  3. 3. I need romance - maybe time travel can fix my non-existent/terrible love life

• Operation proposal 2012 - let me go back in time to make sure she marries me
    • Marry him if you dare 2013 - she decides she wants to be single. she didn't have to travel through time to do that!
    • Tomorrow with you 2017 - let me marry you so that I can change my unhappy future
    • Longing heart 2018 - go back and win my first love because I was too chicken then
    • Manhole 2017 - aliens help me to confess to my first love when I could have just done that years ago
    • Go back couple 2017 - I hate you; lets travel through time so we don't have to go through a divorce in future
    • Familar wife 2018 - a man suddenly finds himself single again thanks to time travel!
    • * reaction 2: this is the stupidest reason for time travel. surely, there's more to life than characters who can't move on?
    • * reaction 1: so beautiful! my heart melts! love is endless

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/26/2020 at 04:13 AM

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla I could have easily chosen also the ones that I hated.... :D:D:D

hahaha... which ones did you dislike? I thought moon lover started out beautifully and then had some drippy ending which was such a bore.

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahaha... which ones did you dislike? I thought moon lover started out beautifully and then had some drippy ending which was such a bore.

I hated Hit The Top and Mirae's Choice, mostly because of their endings. Both of them clearly had the same issue: the writers changed the endings as the drama progressed (due to popular demand).

In Hit The Top it was clear that the OTP was supposed to be another one than the one that ended up together. I felt so bad for the guy who was supposed to originally get the girl. :(

In Mirae's choice the OTP was also clear, but because everyone liked the 2nd lead much more, the writer copped out and didn't show us who Mirae chose. :angry:

Loved Signal and Tunnel though. Which ones are your favorite?

1 hour ago, jeilopes said:

Well, it is not a kdrama, but I think the taiwanese drama Someday or One Day, one of the best of this genre - Time Travel.

what sub genre is it? randomly slipping through time? something to do with romance fixing? or saving lives?

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Which ones are your favorite?

would say tunnel, queen inhyun's man, faith, live up to your name. I don't remember much about the plots now (drama amnesia! :lol:)  but I really enjoyed watching and was satisfied. time slip as a trope is hard to do because of the ending. sometimes it works, sometimes, it doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what sub genre is it? randomly slipping through time? something to do with romance fixing? or saving lives?

Well, it's a romance. They radomly slipping through time, but They also want to save lives.

I really don't know the sub genre :sweat_smile:

An article about this drama -

https://www.soompi.com/article/1388328wpp/rewind-replay-reasons-to-watch-breathtaking-tw-drama-someday-or-one-day

At least Nine is getting some love. :rolleyes: I'm currently watching this C-drama Romance of Tiger and Rose. Scriptwriter travels into her own period romance drama script and becomes the villain.

thanks everyone for voting; it was fun reading your suggestions and thoughts on this genre -- @000231846597 @thanie @celebrianna @sadthe1st @LeftCoastOppa @triplem @jeilopes @partyon @angelangie @jeijei @Hijau @ChibiLy ..

based on the votes, these are top favourites in this genre: Go back couple, Queen In Hyun's man, Signal.

are you surprised? or not? maybe jang nara does not bad ending in all her recent dramas? :sweatingbullets:

till the next event! :)

@Lmangla I know that the poll in concluded but I wonder if The King The Eternal Monarch would fit in this poll as well. or did you not add that since it is still ongoing. It would probably come under category 2 if I am not mistaken. what do the other poll takers here thing about it. anyway even though I couldn't take part in it did like some of the choices from what I have watched. Till next time you all. :) 

Archived